Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Lucy Lawless was great because she just Zaid "nah gently caress this I'm gonna stay here" and didn't bother sticking around for the garbage ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

The only BSG I'll watch again is the 70's version.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

shadow puppet of a posted:

Same but also add every scene with Carm, livia, Janice, AJ, meadow and anyone else non-criminal who wanders into frame
That owns. You wouldn't miss out on any of the plot either.

“Can i just get some macaroni and gravy?”

Speaking of Sopranos it's crazy how different in tone the first season is to the rest of the show. The first season was outright a black comedy just short of slapstick caricature.

naem
May 29, 2011

numberoneposter posted:

That owns. You wouldn't miss out on any of the plot either.

“Can i just get some macaroni and gravy?”

Speaking of Sopranos it's crazy how different in tone the first season is to the rest of the show. The first season was outright a black comedy just short of slapstick caricature.

The first season is a real work of art. They really set up some great characters and set the tone for the show. It can stand alone as a real jem.

The following seasons turned into one of the best longest running multi-season story arcs of any show every made

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I only follow Fuzzy Dunlop's arc when i rewatch The Wire.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

EimiYoshikawa posted:

They just all claimed later that they were practicing the Federation Grieving Of The Future, ie, none, as is right and proper for advanced humans (and Data).

huge lols how gene roddenberry could sit in his chair in season 3 saying "well, this story about a child grieving his dead mother won't work, because in the enlightened space future we don't give a poo poo about death" and nobody bothered to mention "uhh hey gene we had the whole fuckin' cast getting weepy on the holodeck after Tasha Yar died"

(probably because the only other guy still around from season 1 was Rick Berman)

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Yar was viewed as a piece of rear end to Gene, not family. In his bold future you’d still mourn the 9s and 10s

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

EvilTaytoMan posted:

The only BSG I'll watch again is the 70's version.

Anyone who says this has never actually seen the 70’s version.

It is dire.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
1970s BSG was a legit dark humor show with many adult themes and serious plots like a gambling planet

edit: 1970s BSG was a show with plots like a gambling planet

here I edited that to be more truthful

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I’ve attempted 70’s BSG watches several times and I’ve never made it past the 3rd episode. And I still love the designs and the goofy 70’s uniforms, but the acting is so wooden and the plots are so boring, and then you see Muffit for the first time.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I wonder if the chimp inside that suit ever freaked out and tried to rip someones nuts off.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
no way was that thing played by a chimp!!!!!

types "muffit" into google

:eyepop:

edit: like IDK why but that idea of putting an animal in that suit is extremely hosed up to me

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

I'm doing TNG trivia tomorrow night

I want my team name to be potatoes o'brien.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
The Wesley Crushers

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
The Ghost Humpers.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Orchestral Riker Manoeuvres in the Dark

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

The Brak'lulz

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
The Muffit Babies

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I wonder if the chimp inside that suit ever freaked out and tried to rip someones nuts off.

It bit the little kid once. And one time they wanted it to run faster so they set off fireworks behind it so it climbed up into the studio’s rafters.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Niners obviously

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Dukat Did Nothing Wrong

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I’ve attempted 70’s BSG watches several times and I’ve never made it past the 3rd episode. And I still love the designs and the goofy 70’s uniforms, but the acting is so wooden and the plots are so boring, and then you see Muffit for the first time.

wow the third episode is exactly when i peace out every time i attempt this too.

nuBSG is weird, i know i really really enjoyed it when I first watched it, but any time I've tried a rewatch i just get super bored and zone out until I realize I've missed like three episodes because I was playing on my phone so I just watch something else instead. it has no rewatchability at all for me.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Old BSG has a much better ending than the reimagined series. i'm not referring to 1980, but the actual finale to the original show. The trouble with a show about finding your way home is that actually getting home is the weakest aspect because you've built it up so much. Look at how Voyager crapped out at the end.

But old BSG just ends with them finding a faint signal. Just some faint hope that out there, somewhere, is humanity. That's a good way to end your show, either if you were canceled or if you were to do a series finale.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

numberoneposter posted:

Dukat Did Nothing Wrong

Every time they beamed down to Bajor I thought the same thing.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

numberoneposter posted:

Dukat Did Nothing Wrong

Dukat Did Only ONE Thing Wrong, But Eventually Admits To It.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

JediTalentAgent posted:

Dukat Did Only ONE Thing Wrong, But Eventually Admits To It.

Nailing Kira's mom?

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Go with:
Escape from Yar's Homeworld

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

I also liked;

Beardless Riker
Riker's Creepy Holotable
Crusher's Sex Candle

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I kinda thought Dukat worked better as Kira's nemesis than Sisko's, despite how much they played up the latter towards the end.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
The big issue with rewatching BSG for me is that the entire series is just so drat loving serious all the time. There is absolutely no levity through the entire thing so their ordeals just wear on you and you start to stop caring.

I still think its a great show but drat...

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

hey guys i realize it's a dumb ask but a cute girl who i'm p sure has a crush on me sent me this and the online translators aren't doing it for me:

Tlhih ghaj been a qu' jup to jih. My parmaq for tlhih is qu'

i figured maybe there was a goon who was a native speaker who could help a brother out.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Owlbear Camus posted:

hey guys i realize it's a dumb ask but a cute girl who i'm p sure has a crush on me sent me this and the online translators aren't doing it for me:

i figured maybe there was a goon who was a native speaker who could help a brother out.

I think she's friend zoning you. Or maybe the opposite, but either way you should let her know her shoddy Klingon brings shame on her house

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

quote:

In 2366, a Pakled trade ship found and retrieved Lore after he had drifted in space for nearly two years. (TNG: "Brothers")
I want to see an episode just about this

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

He probably spent two years regretting wasting that sick line on Wesley without getting a chance to follow through on the threat. Then he took it all out on the pakleds

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Mondian posted:

I think she's friend zoning you. Or maybe the opposite, but either way you should let her know her shoddy Klingon brings shame on her house

i will drop a sick neg by calling her a filthy p'tak

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Reference a totally different nerd thing and see if she calls you on it and identifies it correctly.

If she does, marry her.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
ol two-takes has weighed in: ds9 is the best

http://comicbook.com/startrek/2018/04/02/jonathan-frakes-favorite-star-trek-series/

“I’m one of the people who really liked Deep Space Nine,” Frakes answered. “I think they took more chances. I loved the people on Voyager. Voyager always felt like Next Gen lite to me. And Enterprise felt like they had gone to the well…you know, that was the fourth series in however many years it was. And again, nothing negative about any of the people on the show, it’s just that the appetite for Star Trek, frankly, I thought that Paramount was so freaking greedy that they created all these shows and watered down how great the essence of what Roddenberry had created was.”

lol he actually said "next gen-lite" haha

“In spite of the fact they didn’t get to boldly go where no one had gone before - people came to them - they told wonderful stories and they tried things and there was a lot more use of the magic of time travel and flashbacks,” Frakes said. “The characters weren’t all - because Roddenberry had died by this point - they had sort of pulled out of that idea that there would be no conflict, which is a hard way to make drama, there was conflict on that show, people did have issues on that show. There was some wonderful comedy on that show...I know it’s not everybody’s favorite, but I always enjoyed it, and I loved working on the show too.”

he probably was happy to finally see a show that acknowledged holodeck/holosuites for what they really would be: fuckdens of unimaginable perversion and deviance where death from loss of fluids was a very real ever present threat but the risks paled in comparison to the reward, which was learning that double-cumming technique from that infamous Craigslist personals ad

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Owlbear Camus posted:

Don't worry about it. Words come later. It is the scent that first speaks of love.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Mondian posted:

I think she's friend Neutral zoning you. Or maybe the opposite, but either way you should let her know her shoddy Klingon brings shame on her house

Ftfy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Tell her because of various treaties you aren't allowed to use cloaking devices

(on your penis)