Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

what

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

TRUMP!

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

euphronius posted:

DO NOT INVITE TO WHITE HOUSE

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Oiled and Ready posted:

thats why he very intentionally capitalized Right To Work

workers outside of the union who are legally allowed to benefit from the union's bargaining is what right to work laws allow

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
https://youtu.be/OwZZkOF2uRU?t=457

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/thetrillbillies/status/980865430624628736

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
he was armed with access to the internet and the total sum of human knowledge and existence

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

some guy named Larry was the easter bunny this year apparently

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Trump is taunting Mueller isn't he?

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
last minute market rally i guess

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Civ4 had it right, your cities will go into anarchy when you change governments.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Mayor Dave posted:

last minute market rally i guess

motherfucker

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

euphronius posted:

it was the Ask Jeeves tool bar

in the trojan horse, with the baseball.bat

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Mayor Dave posted:

last minute market rally i guess

loving pisses me off, let that poo poo die.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

TMMadman posted:

I don't really think that way, but I really hate that 2nd persons attitude. The whole 'We should suffer for the children' thing just doesn't cut it for me.

It's the same problem I have with the 'This place would fall apart without me!' line of thinking that lower level employees use as justification for why they don't quit a lovely job or let a boss pile work on them.

It's not bad for a teacher to think like that and be dedicated, otoh 1) using it as a shame stick for others is a sign they probably don't mean it and are just Stockholm syndrome into the job and 2) lol if you think you're going to be able to actually run a school exclusively with people who want to grind themselves into dust For The Children.

Not really anyones fault here that we don't actually want to pay for education like ever, but yeah

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
fire mueller already you bastard!!!

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

he forgot Spicer's first name

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

workers outside of the union who are legally allowed to benefit from the union's bargaining is what right to work laws allow

Some states even force the union to represent nonunion workers in disputes with management, so the free riders can suck up union resources. Those states make it so that the only reason to actually join the union at work is so you can give the union dues out of the kindness of your heart.

Oh, also the free riders can sue the union if they feel like they didn't get adequate representation.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

TMMadman posted:

Civ4 had it right, your cities will go into anarchy when you change governments.

I added the Dawn of Civilization mod and that’s all I play now. haven’t touched 5 or 6 since.

Just wish it didn’t take a couple minutes to load

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Joementum posted:

big, if true, that shooting someone in the back eight times violates department policy

Just read the article and loving LOL this poo poo is insane:

quote:

Burris, speaking with Mother Jones last week, criticized how officers determined if Clark was neutralized.

At one point, someone suggested cops “hit him with a baton,” or use something that wouldn’t kill him “in case he’s pretending.”

Just shot the dude like 20 times but lets beat him so more just in case.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

A Handed Missus posted:

Hillary Clinton special

comin right up boss! [pours several top shelf liquors into a shaker, shakes it without realizing i'd left the top off sending the drink everywhere, slips on the drink all over the floor, bringing all the drinking glasses and liquors down with me as i struggle for something to grab onto. gets cut picking a half-broken glass off the floor gushing blood into the glass, tops it with a garnish. spits in it and hands it to you] that'll be 600 million dollars

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Just read the article and loving LOL this poo poo is insane:

Just shot the dude like 20 times but lets beat him so more just in case.

The department policy they broke was getting caught

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

HE’LL BUST OUT A PPK AND POP YA WHILE HE LAUGHS

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Admiral Ray posted:

fire mueller already you bastard!!!

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

That DICK! posted:

From: grandma@grandma.org
Subject: FW FW FW FW FW FW FW FW Check this Out!!!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

PostNouveau posted:

Some states even force the union to represent nonunion workers in disputes with management, so the free riders can suck up union resources. Those states make it so that the only reason to actually join the union at work is so you can give the union dues out of the kindness of your heart.

i assumed oklahoma was right to work and when i went to check found this great article

warning: forbes

quote:

They say that the scholarly literature on RTW is not conclusive, “but the weight of the evidence is strongly suggestive. … The literature, employing a variety of approaches and data sources, generally finds that RTW states enjoy real annual economic growth rates about 0.8% higher than those characterizing non-RTW states, other factors held constant.”

What’s more, a new econometric analysis reported in the Fraser study “finds that RTW laws in the US increase economic growth by about 1.8% and employment by about 1% in the states enacting such laws.” (Writing at the American Enterprise Institute blog shortly after President Obama’s reelection, economist Mark J. Perry noted that, since 2009, RTW states created four times as many jobs as forced-union states—employment growth which, ironically, may have helped Mr. Obama get re-elected.)

lol i'm sure those numbers are entirely accurate

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://twitter.com/marcushjohnson/status/980851811060940801

The Warthog
Mar 25, 2013

Did I just do your job for you?

Oiled and Ready posted:

truly shocking

this is the Stoneman Douglas of cop murders, so maybe it will cause real change. im thinkin something like "a lovely talking head loses their show over attacking his relatives" level change

TBH I thought the white guy being shot by a cop in Arizona was going to be the one. Because well, he was white.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Epic High Five posted:

jesus, this black bean and lentil dish I accidentally made like 8 quarts of is the most filling thing I've ever made, gonna have to end up freezing some of it lmao

cheap as gently caress and nutritious tho, YEAH

recipe please

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

https://twitter.com/maxwelltani/status/980800840591183876

hmmmmmm

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i assumed oklahoma was right to work and when i went to check found this great article

warning: forbes

lol i'm sure those numbers are entirely accurate

they probably are, they just aren't mentioning that the growth is 100% for management

there's lots of evidence that RTW depresses wages amongst the people actually creating the value

Soup du Jour posted:

recipe please

keep reading from that post

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Laura Ingraham is gonna end up in the admin lmao

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/DanRather/status/980896310441140224

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Epic High Five posted:

they probably are, they just aren't mentioning that the growth is 100% for management

there's lots of evidence that RTW depresses wages amongst the people actually creating the value

this also charitably links the passage of right to work with whatever metric of growth this rightwing think tank cares to cite

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

YOU LIED ABOUT BUSH #MAGA

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
the gently caress happened to Wayne Newton’s voice that he sounds like a weird lady on Danke Schoen?

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

imagining obama calling up jons stewart and oliver at a high level meeting

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Trump

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

HEY NONG MAN posted:

the gently caress happened to Wayne Newton’s voice that he sounds like a weird lady on Danke Schoen?

he's a million years old

  • Locked thread