Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rirse posted:

That was cool. We already know now that Toys R Us is closing, and I work there still. My boss let me have a box with a duplicate of every figuart they had on display in the Fan Vault. So I got Fireball Mario, Sailor Moon, Goku, Goomba, Batman, and various little figurines like Hello Kitty and Miku.

Nice score!!

I swung back through Target and they had the Lions I needed for Classic Voltron. Currently sitting at $60 for the set instead of $110. Another dude is sending me a copy of his receipt as his Targets marked the limps down another $3 so if I can get a price adjustment (the next time I go to Target anyways) It'll bee sub $50.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The_Doctor posted:

He didn't realise for ages either.

I love this dude even more, holy poo poo. If Solo owns it's going to be because of him.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Where's my Lando Hot Toys!

Maybe with Solo they will make both. Yeah, that's right.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Btw, Casting Cave had the wolverine (berserker) claws back in stock. Grabbed 8 sets of them and am gonna paint them up. Also got a Bruce Lee head for my Articulated Icons.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I'm kinda curious on the stuff that still getting shipped to Toys R Us as we close. They didn't get through it all today, but one of the boxes had the Solo branded Nerf guns for Star Wars. This is interesting since street dates are no more since the liquidation started.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rirse posted:

I'm kinda curious on the stuff that still getting shipped to Toys R Us as we close. They didn't get through it all today, but one of the boxes had the Solo branded Nerf guns for Star Wars. This is interesting since street dates are no more since the liquidation started.

Really? Hmmmm. Maybe worth dropping by mine again.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Mine got a truck in yesterday, they got a refresh of Infinity War Marvel Legends, the Robot Spirits Pacific Rim, and new Stranger Things stuff.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Got my Dorkside order for the loose Cable, Domino and Deathlok and they left a cool note:

Love these guys, my business is going with them moving forward.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Good god this head sculpt is freaky.

I think his eye might be a bit off. Unless Tom Holland’s eyes are wonky too.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

CelticPredator posted:

Good god this head sculpt is freaky.

I think his eye might be a bit off. Unless Tom Holland’s eyes are wonky too.

He definitely has a lazy eye in that particular sculpt. I haven't seen a whole lot of Holland, but the resemblance isn't as strong as I've seen other high-end manufacturers produce. He looks a little like young Moff Tarkin there to me.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Weirdly enough, the battle damaged sculpt looks dead on. I know it's the same one but I dunno. The small details of the paint help it match up better.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The head on look is better yeah. Still, happy with it. Lazy eye isn’t too bad in person.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm really glad I hung on to the Legendary Defender set. The show is kind of butts but the figures are neat. And Classic Voltron makes a great companion piece.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Rhyno posted:

I'm really glad I hung on to the Legendary Defender set. The show is kind of butts but the figures are neat. And Classic Voltron makes a great companion piece.

Butts are good right? Because, in general, I am a fan.

e: of butts, that is.
e2: the show is alright by me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don't have kids so the show does nothing for me.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

The show is pretty great.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's mediocre. It's not unwatchable but it doesn't do anything interesting with the story or world or characters.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Considering how mediocre the original actually was (and don't get me wrong, I loved it. Hell, Halloween 1986 I dressed up as Voltron), it's a huge step up in terms of actual narrative and interesting antagonists. That's including vs the original Japanese version with Shiro instead of Sven and whatnot.

In not sure what you people are comparing it to, honestly. If you were expecting Breaking Bad with robot lions, I dunno what to tell you.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah it's just sort of there, nothing groundbreaking. Fantastic production, sub par writing.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fuzz posted:

Considering how mediocre the original actually was (and don't get me wrong, I loved it. Hell, Halloween 1986 I dressed up as Voltron), it's a huge step up in terms of actual narrative and interesting antagonists. That's including vs the original Japanese version with Shiro instead of Sven and whatnot.

In not sure what you people are comparing it to, honestly. If you were expecting Breaking Bad with robot lions, I dunno what to tell you.

Yeah, the original was mediocre. Voltron is only well-remembered in America because it was like, the only mecha series. It predated Robotech, even. Nobody in Japan gives a poo poo about Golion. Because it was up against contemporary shows like Mobile Suit Gundam, Macross, or loving Votoms. It aired the same time as Dougram, a giant robot show that was also a bizarrely realistic depiction of a popular insurgency. And mecha shows didn't stop there, the new Voltron is coming out at the same time as the fantastic Gundam Thunderbolt. So the new Voltron being better than the old Voltron of Golion is not in any way impressive. There is a big gap above Voltron before you get to good.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
The writing may be mediocre but i can’t tell because in the context of “stuff to watch with my kids” it’s an Arthur Miller play or something.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Why cookie Rocket posted:

The writing may be mediocre but i can’t tell because in the context of “stuff to watch with my kids” it’s an Arthur Miller play or something.

Watch better written children's giant robot shows. Like Dougram. And when your child complains "this is boring, and the insurgency isn't making significant strategic gains!" you can explain "sweety, military victories aren't important right now. Simply by existing and continuing to fight, the insurgency is undermining the authority of the collaborationist government. You'll see, thirty episodes from now when the foreign born officers order the execution of a popular local NCO, that's when things get interesting"

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
Buncha nerds in this place

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Wow that Voltron can actually stand! :lol:

The subscription one that came out just sits in my back room since it’s impossible to pose or stand without resting at an angle. It’s way too big!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hey, anyone here in Anaheim or planning a Disneyland trip?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Vintersorg posted:

Wow that Voltron can actually stand! :lol:

The subscription one that came out just sits in my back room since it’s impossible to pose or stand without resting at an angle. It’s way too big!

I totally regret not getting that one.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The sub one was not great. I got the Green Lion at a con and it was just so disappointing.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Hey, anyone here in Anaheim or planning a Disneyland trip?

In like July, why?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

In like July, why?

I don't know if they will still be available but there's a plush Cosmo in the GotG giftshop and I went back for it not know that California Adv closed an hour before the other park.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Rhyno posted:

I don't know if they will still be available but there's a plush Cosmo in the GotG giftshop and I went back for it not know that California Adv closed an hour before the other park.

This one? Looks like they can be found on eBay for $30-$45.

I know folks are wary of eBay, but it’s always your best bet for Disney Parks merch. Just research the seller’s feedback first and 99% of the time you’ll be fine. I use eBay constantly and I’ve only been burned twice in the last 5 years. And even then, PayPal refunded me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

This one? Looks like they can be found on eBay for $30-$45.

I know folks are wary of eBay, but it’s always your best bet for Disney Parks merch. Just research the seller’s feedback first and 99% of the time you’ll be fine. I use eBay constantly and I’ve only been burned twice in the last 5 years. And even then, PayPal refunded me.

I think it's like $12 at the park so that's a mildly insane markup.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Rhyno posted:

I think it's like $12 at the park so that's a mildly insane markup.

Sounds about right.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Sounds about right.

I might have my wires crossed so it might be more expensive.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Rhyno posted:

I might have my wires crossed so it might be more expensive.

No, I meant the markup. It depends on the item, but there’s generally a 20-50% markup on eBay. I know several cast members who supplant their mediocre pay by reselling park exclusives on eBay.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

http://www.teefury.com/super-emo-geoffrey?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=productcatalog

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is the Toys R Us closing sale still just 10% off most stuff?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Guy Goodbody posted:

Is the Toys R Us closing sale still just 10% off most stuff?

Yeah. It gets increased when sales start to slow down at the store I guess. I have a few things hidden away at work (boss knows and doesn't mind at all) that I will get once things get really cheap.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Rhyno posted:

My friend and his girlfriend are addicts, I'll see if they're going to pick two up because now I want one god drat it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

hollandaise and cabbage.

this figure is sick but scary to pose

(but i'd still take it over any other spidey)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Anyone here collect Loyal Subjects? Have any thoughts positive / negative? I'm thinking of trying to pick up the MOTU figs, but they are pricey as poo poo for blind boxes. Might resort to ebay I guess.