Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

skasion posted:

There’s a good basic guide on the Steam page for the old 3 hour version, should give you plenty of leeway.

e: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=878193536

drat that looks...strangely do-able? I've never been one for speedruns but I might have to try this myself.

Zaggitz posted:

Clocked in at 4 hours 3 minutes with a successful run. I ended up going on a slight detour to the nailmasters and the crystal peak/nosk pale ores just to minimize the torture of fighting the watcher knights.

How were you able to get to the top of Crystal Peak without the double-jump? Or did you take a detour for that upgrade?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011
I think every double jump area in the game has either a background object or enemy you can pogo bounce over with maybe an air dash as well. Might involve a small amount of practice to do consistently.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Yeah, there's miner husk right below where you need the jump.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I got the double jump during the detour for the pale ore the guide recommends.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

For the 20 hour 100%/steel souls 100% achievements, that's any 100%, correct? Like now that the total is 106 i can skip a few things like the trial of fools?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Zaggitz posted:

For the 20 hour 100%/steel souls 100% achievements, that's any 100%, correct? Like now that the total is 106 i can skip a few things like the trial of fools?

Yep.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Zaggitz posted:

Yeah, and I believe that just doing the normal ending will suffice. I got the baseline 100% achievement at "only" 100%...but I got it in 21 hours :negative:

Hawgh
Feb 27, 2013

Size does matter, after all.
I hate this Deepnest centipede juggle-jumping bullshit so goddamn much.

Please let it end. I just want to be released from this hell.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

this game ate my entire weekend and the only complaint i have is that i had to edit my save at one point, not because the game broke but it ate a mask shard i should’ve gotten and that would’ve driven my gamer ocd insane.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

C-Euro posted:

Yeah, and I believe that just doing the normal ending will suffice. I got the baseline 100% achievement at "only" 100%...but I got it in 21 hours :negative:

I think I'll be okay.

https://twitter.com/ZaggitzSA/status/980563408780218368

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I see 2 missing percent on your Steel Soul save.

Go do the Trial of the Fool you slacker.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

SirSamVimes posted:

I see 2 missing percent on your Steel Soul save.

Go do the Trial of the Fool you slacker.

I have 105% on one of my saves because I gave Divine one of my charms without realizing I didn't have enough to buy it back :/

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I know one of the devs posts here so I figured I might as well ask: what's up with that one empty spot in the tramway map after you get every station? It sends my ocd rattling that I can't fill that space out and it doesn't seem like there could ever be a station where that lines up.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Finally did the flower quest and beat the true final boss :toot: Good thing I got that last Mask Shard too, I did the very last segment of the boss on 1 health and no Soul for healing. Now onto the DLC...

When I went into the final boss I had 146/147 in my Hunter's Journal, and now after beating it I have 147/148. I haven't done any of the Hidden Dreams bosses, I started but didn't finish the Grimm Troupe questline, and have no idea what the Lifeblood update added to the game other than Hive Knight (which I did beat). Any idea what journal entry I could be missing?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

C-Euro posted:

Finally did the flower quest and beat the true final boss :toot: Good thing I got that last Mask Shard too, I did the very last segment of the boss on 1 health and no Soul for healing. Now onto the DLC...

When I went into the final boss I had 146/147 in my Hunter's Journal, and now after beating it I have 147/148. I haven't done any of the Hidden Dreams bosses, I started but didn't finish the Grimm Troupe questline, and have no idea what the Lifeblood update added to the game other than Hive Knight (which I did beat). Any idea what journal entry I could be missing?

Could be a whole bunch of stuff. The first one that comes to mind is the greedy hollow bug who's hiding in the city of tears. There's two corpses of the invincible enemies to be found in the world that it could be. There's a Steam guide that has a complete bestiary, compare yourself with it.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Arrhythmia posted:

Could be a whole bunch of stuff. The first one that comes to mind is the greedy hollow bug who's hiding in the city of tears. There's two corpses of the invincible enemies to be found in the world that it could be. There's a Steam guide that has a complete bestiary, compare yourself with it.

I did get the golden bug, as well as the corpses for the digging wurms in the Crossroads, the big centipedes in Deepnest, and the killer black liquid in the Abyss. I'll check out that Steam guide as well, thanks.

Capri Sun Tzu
Oct 24, 2017

by Reene

Hawgh posted:

I hate this Deepnest centipede juggle-jumping bullshit so goddamn much.

Please let it end. I just want to be released from this hell.
You are having the appropriate reaction to Deepnest

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

The last journal entry I got was the boss of the Trial of the Fool, it could be that? There's a couple that're hard to get though.

I like the feeling of mastering Deepnest. I like coming back there with better upgrades and knowing the layout and how enemies work and just being able to breeze through it. That long fall into the hot spring is probably the most memorable moment in the game, just for the sense of relief it gives you.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Okay, in the least amount of spoilers what's the new stuff in the update and where can I find/do them?

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
There is not a ton of new features, it's mostly polish. If you want to see what was added, check out the Hive.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I would think that there is some lifeblood-related content given the name of the content pack, but I haven't seen any indication that there is :v:

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Yeah you'd think...

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

skaianDestiny posted:

Okay, in the least amount of spoilers what's the new stuff in the update and where can I find/do them?

one of the old bosses got an upgrade, theres a new boss in the hive, some charms got nerfed/buffed/new interactions and the lighting/sound got a touch up

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Was gonna wait until the last DLC came out, but I got impatient so I started on my second playthrough. I thought I'd suck since I think I haven't touched the game for like a year, but the early parts of this game are way breezier than I remember. I got past hornet 1 on the first try, when it took me probably 5-7 tries the first time.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

A lot of minor tweaks to other bosses too, e.g. HK's pillar attack deals two damage and Grimmchild is required to fight NKG

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

C-Euro posted:

I would think that there is some lifeblood-related content given the name of the content pack, but I haven't seen any indication that there is :v:

It's injecting some lifeblood into the game with its improvements!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

SirSamVimes posted:

Grimmchild is required to fight NKG
RIP me

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

ffffffffffffffffffffffff i've spent literally two hours trying to beat the watcher knights for the speedrun achievement how the hell are you meant to do this without shade cloak

Dancer
May 23, 2011
As with so so many other things in the game: the downslash is your best friend. Also fireballs that hit both knights.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

They can attack up, though, and they're not vulnerable when they're rolling.

The problem I'm having is more how to not take damage from them, especially when they're bouncing.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

They're a very nuanced fight and lowkey I think they're one of the coolest most fundamental fights in the game, especially when you're doing it while speedrunning so you don't have much health and low nail damage.

Like I was such a completionist when I first played that I had so much stuff when I finally fought them that I barely thought about them, but fighting them on subsequent playthroughs and speedrun attempts has made me appreciate them so much.

Viva la watcher knights

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

fractalairduct posted:

The problem I'm having is more how to not take damage from them, especially when they're bouncing.

Don't be where they're going to land.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Seriously though, the bounce attack is pretty predictable. How far they bounce is based on where you are relative to them, and since you're only ever going to be "near or far" essentially, you only need to figure out the two right positions to stand in. After that it's just a matter of deciding whether or not they're going to bounce or charge when you see them spin up.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
One fairly important tactic for that fight is to get the two knights to stack. It both makes them more predictable, and makes your DPS more effective. If they've stacked, try not to do things that will make them diverge again (e.g.: around the time that their attack just cooled down, don't move around too much. They have 4 attack moves, which are mostly but not entirely predictable based on your position relative to them. If you make a drastic move, like jumping, right as they're deciding their next attack, they're more likely to choose different moves).

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

fractalairduct posted:

Also, I'm pretty sure that they were patched to be vulnerable to spells while rolling.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
They 100% can be damaged by spells when rolling.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
gently caress me The Radiance has a second stage, this is Sister Friede all over again.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

gently caress me The Radiance has a second stage, this is Sister Friede all over again.

Welcome to me a week or two ago. The absolutely savage way in which that fight ends makes it worth it though.

Don't read this unless you want to be sad: It has a third stage (that is easier than the other two)

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Apr 5, 2018

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
goons freakin' out because a boss has two forms.... smdh you guys never play a final fantasy or somethin'?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

Arrhythmia posted:

Also, I'm pretty sure that they were patched to be vulnerable to spells while rolling.

I need to save my soul for healing or I'm never gonna get anywhere.

What do you do when one is rolling and one is bouncing at the same time, I always get hit when that happens.