Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the cg fist of the blue sky will never be good as the old 2d series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiTG8_4VgRA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Endorph posted:

lol

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I guess FotBS is just cursed then

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Endorph posted:

Looks about the same tbh

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
fist of the whatever always seems like such a relic to me and it surprises me that they keep putting out stuff for it

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the modern stuff has been good because it's just goofy comedies that riff on the original

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

At this point I only care about the Fist Yakuza game getting localised

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Sakurazuka posted:

At this point I only care about the Fist Yakuza game getting localised
We all want to get our funk on, buddy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1uNUhIgC2g

:dance:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Everything Burrito posted:

fist of the whatever always seems like such a relic to me and it surprises me that they keep putting out stuff for it

It's a cool relic but I dont think I could sit through it

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i should watch it before the video game comes out

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Crow says its really good and I choose to believe him

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Endorph posted:

lmao

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Fist of the Blue Sky fuckin sucks anyway, even if it was gorgeous it woulda been bad
The only good Fist of the North Star series is Fist of the North Star

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The one that had Roah as the main character was okay but I guess it depends how you felt about him getting retconned to be more sympathetic.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Hahahahaha holy poo poo what did they do with fist of the Blue Sky?? It looks like a choppy video game cutscene all the time

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

The one that had Roah as the main character was okay but I guess it depends how you felt about him getting retconned to be more sympathetic.

The entire second half of the FOTNS manga was like that. It’s like Buronson forgot he was supposed to be the bad guy.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If you mean FotNS 2 then he was forced into doing that by the publishers and has gone on record as saying he just wrote whatever out of contractual obligations and barely even remembers it.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Sindai posted:

expects them to at least be animated on 1s.

Sharkopath posted:

Yet again, people gotta stop cg animating on the 3s and 4s.

I'm ignorant of animation lingo and why animating on different beats would matter, can someone explain?

EDIT: I googled. Found a good video about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_MDprx3tOU

Crain fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Apr 3, 2018

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The first episode of Build Divers is out. It didn't blow me away, but It feels like it'll get better once all the characters in the OP are in the show. I'm especially interested in the shibari fox guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq7j_l6_lCs

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

1s 2s 3s 4s is the rate of animation, how many frames of the film (usually 24 a second) you are drawing a new animation frame for. 1s is 24 animation frames and 2s is 12 frames for a second of footage. Normally people animate on the 3s and 4s because doing 24 frames of animation for a full length production is nightmarish, but the neat thing about cg is the computer can do the in between frame work for you after you give it the keyframes you want. The only thing that costs is rendering time, not manpower. Anime cg though tends to stick to cg animating on the 3s and 4s because either the cg is part of a composite shot with normal 2d animation so they want to keep the same framer as te between the two elements, or they just want it to look more like regular 2d animation which is not super bueno, kinda removed the benefit of using cg in the first place.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

i'm already bored of build divers

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

"The real tragedy happened long before I came along"
I watched Human Girl Will Be Thirsty For Fox Boy and it was okay. I’ll keep watching.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Parallax posted:

i'm already bored of build divers

the different mission types on display implies that there will be a variety to the action at least. So it's not going to make the mistake that Build Fighters Try did

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Guy Goodbody posted:

the different mission types on display implies that there will be a variety to the action at least. So it's not going to make the mistake that Build Fighters Try did

Is that Patrick motherfucking Colasour?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Big fan of the family-friendly warcrimes missions, there.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

what the heck is the white blob thing supposed to be

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

dogsicle posted:

its a person, be respectful

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

dogsicle posted:

an american

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRT-UGOh1B8

WHAT

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

dogsicle posted:

Don't doxx me

kater
Nov 16, 2010

They spent half a season observing the mating rituals of frogs, it's not that surprising they are in gear for a quick follow up.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

That was quick, and also very good.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

:woop:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Ainz-sama cannot be stopped.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Lupin III Part 5, along with being an explicit sequel to Part 4, also establishes Parts 2, 3, and Castle of Cagliostro (and assuming with that, Part 1) as canon.

I noticed we don't have a thread yet, so I'll probably make one after the episode's done if there's not already a general Lupin thread.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Did that 3D Kanojo show get picked up? The trailer actually looked quite sweet

Ah, I found it, nevermind

Knorth fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Apr 3, 2018

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Waffleman_ posted:

Lupin III Part 5, along with being an explicit sequel to Part 4, also establishes Parts 2, 3, and Castle of Cagliostro (and assuming with that, Part 1) as canon.

I noticed we don't have a thread yet, so I'll probably make one after the episode's done if there's not already a general Lupin thread.
Wasn't it called Lupin the Thread? Or did I imagine that? :confused:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Wark Say posted:

Wasn't it called Lupin the Thread? Or did I imagine that? :confused:

We had it for Part 4, but I'd imagine it's fallen into archives by now.

E: Yeah, it's been archived.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

And there you go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I thought Lupin didn't really have a canon. This is a franchise that's inconsistent about fundamentals of the main characters' characterization if you look at the big picture: Is Lupin a cold-blooded murderer, a Robin Hood-style hero, or something in between? Is Zenigata a genius thwarted by bad luck or an idiot? Is Fujiko a femme fatale or a plucky Disney princess?

That's not even getting into timeline issues: What years were the main characters born in? (You have to either apply a Marvel-style sliding timescale or assume an offscreen adventure involving a fountain of youth or similar plot device to keep the characters using smartphones in Part IV consistent with the Part I episodes explicitly set in the 70s.) Fujiko has a bunch of backstories that don't quite fit together. (Apparently this is because in the original manga, there were multiple characters named Fujiko Mine, which Part I combined into a single character.) Mamo, one of the few recurring true villains, is such a pile of inconsistencies that the wiki suggests, "This can be attributed to the fact that these stories may have taken place in different universes or that the existance [sic] of a time machine caused the space time continuum to crumble."

• Locked thread