Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

OctoberCountry posted:

Burn baby, burn

Very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Disco kind of has a point though. Cody's response was flat out homicide but seems overkill. Did he call Cody out directly or something?

Never mind - apparently Disco was responding to pics of Cody being busted open.

CobiWann fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Apr 3, 2018

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Disco also used to say belts and championships in wrestling were pointless because the business is fake anyway. Then Raven wrote an entire article calling him a doofus.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

A hot take by both of those gentlemen.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

WWE looked at Brandy and said,"This is somebody we want to hire" so no, she's nothing like Disco

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

?????????? lol

She's drawn zero dollars, I doubt any fan has left a show thinking about her and she only gets booked because of who she's married to. The only thing Cody said that doesn't apply to her is she's not "juiced up".

She's pretty much the female version of Mike Kanellis except he can actually wrestle.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

CobiWann posted:

Disco kind of has a point though. Cody's response was flat out homicide but seems overkill. Did he call Cody out directly or something?

Never mind - apparently Disco was responding to pics of Cody being busted open.

He didn’t have a point anyway because even if he were talking about Ospreay and Scurll, the idea that either guy can’t work and just wants Meltzer praise is hilarious considering they’ve worked just as hard in front of 200 people with no expectation of anyone outside of that building seeing the match.

Disco is a loving moron.

Horrible Taste posted:

She's drawn zero dollars, I doubt any fan has left a show thinking about her and she only gets booked because of who she's married to. The only thing Cody said that doesn't apply to her is she's not "juiced up".

She's pretty much the female version of Mike Kanellis except he can actually wrestle.

Okay, and? She’s not running her loving mouth. It’s not hard to figure out.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Horrible Taste posted:

Well in that case, she should probably stop posting about how she understands wrestling psychology better than anybody working today, and quit it with her frequent condescending asides about the nature of the business today!

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
drat Brandi Rhodes you got burned

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you know who else is a Real nobody who hasn't done poo poo? All of you, and me, as well. It's time to line up and be called out for running your mouths

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Horrible Taste posted:

Couldn't most of the things Cody said apply to his own wife?

GOTTA GET SOME OVEN MITTS TO HANDLE THIS TAKE

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Cavauro posted:

you know who else is a Real nobody who hasn't done poo poo? All of you, and me, as well. It's time to line up and be called out for running your mouths

I'd like to publicly apologize for claiming that the BIG DOG is a piece of doo-doo.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Cavauro posted:

That's not true, Cavauro is a big deal.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Cavauro posted:

Hey I stepped in the ring long enough to get concussed by a hillbilly booting me in the head so I can tell all you marks a thing or two about WORKING

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Helicity posted:

I'd like to publicly apologize for claiming that the BIG DOG is a piece of doo-doo.

I won't apologize. If you look closely, he's not a dog or even particularly big relative to the rest of the roster!

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Jerusalem posted:

WWE looked at Brandy and said,"This is somebody we want to hire" so no, she's nothing like Disco

ouch.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Jerusalem posted:

I'm gonna quote this because it deserves to be quoted. :drat:

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
How anyone can consider Disco a legend will baffle me forever. Even as a kid I knew that dude was a bonafide jobber, and not even that good of a jobber.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I mean, the nWo wouldn't even let disco stand in the ring during promos, and they let VIRGIL stand in the ring

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I mean, the nWo wouldn't even let disco stand in the ring during promos, and they let VIRGIL stand in the ring

Vincent.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Hangman liking posts calling out his lovely employers

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The more we see from Page the more I like the guy

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Hell ill say it, i liked disco inferno and people who watched wrestling then seem to have fond memories of him

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

The only good Disco moment is actually a normal La Parka moment

Cartridgeblowers fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Apr 3, 2018

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

oldpainless posted:

people who watched wrestling then seem to have fond memories of him

This is purely my own opinion and shouldn't be considered objective truth, but I watched wrestling back then and he loving sucked.

Most of the good things I've heard written about him (like the whole "checking an instruction sheet while doing a submission move" stuff) actually sounds clever or good on paper, but seeing it in action live it was executed painfully badly and he completely failed to make any of it work. Cody's takedown of him was pretty relentless cruel but it was also extremely on-point and accurate.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

This is purely my own opinion and shouldn't be considered objective truth, but I watched wrestling back then and he loving sucked.

Most of the good things I've heard written about him (like the whole "checking an instruction sheet while doing a submission move" stuff) actually sounds clever or good on paper, but seeing it in action live it was executed painfully badly and he completely failed to make any of it work. Cody's takedown of him was pretty relentless cruel but it was also extremely on-point and accurate.

It's also a rebuttal. It's not like he sought out Disco to bully him, Disco opened his big dumb mouth and got sonned like he does every time he engages someone in the business with genuine skill and savvy. I know Cody isn't everyone's cup of tea, but he's really done well for himself since leaving WWE, and a good chunk of that is because Cody made good choices.

In a lighter and happier note

https://twitter.com/WWEDrakeWuertz/status/980944904493961224

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Cody's turning everyone against him but I kinda of want that logo as a real shirt

https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/980904467573952512

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Little Mac posted:

The only good Disco moment is actually a normal La Parka moment

There was also the time he tried to use Mr. Wonderful's mirror, so Mr. Wonderful got mad and hit him with a back elbow and a piledriver.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

oldpainless posted:

Hell ill say it, i liked disco inferno and people who watched wrestling then seem to have fond memories of him

He was an ok low card guy but there were dozens better at the time who got no pushes.

Hako
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

rare Magic card l00k posted:

There was also the time he tried to use Mr. Wonderful's mirror, so Mr. Wonderful got mad and hit him with a back elbow and a piledriver.

I remember always hating Disco because he was so "cringy" before cringy was a thing. Thats more than I can say for 99% of the current WWE roster. He is the Fashion Police of yester year without the humor.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Everything Disco did to get over Norman Smiley did better

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Disco Inferno had one of the best entrance themes ever, shame about... well, everything else about him.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Ric Flair once tricked me into thinking Disco Inferno could be a good wrestler when he really tried because of some throwaway match between the two on Nitro or Thunder. That's my only good memory of Disco Inferno, thank you for reading.

Wait, it's that, and the time Lance Storm and Konnan invited him on to a podcast to dunk on him for 20 minutes.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
I remember reading that Disco was one of the people who actually did move ratings to some extent for WCW. Like, people would watch him for a minute or two.

This maybe be bollocks but I did read it somewhere, anyone remember anything like this?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Disco's a really hacky stand up comedian with biceps.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i remember the geocities and angelfire sites that would play a loop of disco's theme song backwards to prove that it said "i eat pussay" and thats why he was a great wrestler in 1996 and 1997

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

Von Linus posted:

I remember reading that Disco was one of the people who actually did move ratings to some extent for WCW. Like, people would watch him for a minute or two.

This maybe be bollocks but I did read it somewhere, anyone remember anything like this?

Yeah if I recall correctly Disco was a bigger ratings mover than some upper card dudes. I’m sure the actual numbers were in the Observer.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

disco greenscreening himself into konnan's music video was very funny

and as we all know, being a decent comedy undercarder gives you ultimate authority on who can and can't work for the rest of time

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Cavauro posted:

i remember the geocities and angelfire sites that would play a loop of disco's theme song backwards to prove that it said "i eat pussay" and thats why he was a great wrestler in 1996 and 1997

Well did it say that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I just realized that the theme for disco inferno in my mind was the dude love theme