Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

All the CW superhero shows got renewed.

Edit: Also Riverdale, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Jane the Virgin and of course Supernatural. Also Dynasty which I've heard absolutely no one ever talk about.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Apr 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Medullah posted:

For some reason I read this as Norm MacDonald and was confused and angry I missed it.

I'd actually watch it if Norm MacDonald was in it.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

muscles like this! posted:

Edit: Also Riverdale, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Jane the Virgin and of course Supernatural. Also Dynasty which I've heard absolutely no one ever talk about.

Dynasty is on my list, I really need to watch it. But I have so many shows starting up again or recently started again.

There's too much TV!!

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

esperterra posted:

Dynasty is on my list, I really need to watch it. But I have so many shows starting up again or recently started again.

There's too much TV!!

Just be like me. Make sure all your friends have a life, have your significant others dump you, and then you'll have all the time in the world for TV!!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

GreenNight posted:

Just be like me. Make sure all your friends have a life, have your significant others dump you, and then you'll have all the time in the world for TV!!

Henny, I already am you ........

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

Finished Santa Clarita Diet S2. So, so, so, so loving weird. Hilarious and just gets better the weirder it gets but so, so, so loving weird. I basically already made this post earlier when I was only half way through the season, but now I'm finished and its so, so, so, so much weirder than it was when i made that post that I felt the need to make the post again.

Really loving weird. I loved it.

NOT TODAY

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Le Saboteur posted:

Is there no one watching Billions on this forum? It's honestly one of the greatest shows running right now. I was surprised there wasn't a thread for it already.

It's a dour little soap opera masquerading as intelligent TV. Wasn't much of a fan.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

esperterra posted:

Henny, I already am you ........

I think that's most of TVIV.

Also drugs.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Everything Donna and Eric do is like, textbook definition of creating and fostering a resentful marriage

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Calaveron posted:

Everything Donna and Eric do is like, textbook definition of creating and fostering a resentful marriage

Was it not intentional that they basically acted like an old married couple (ie, their own parents) from jump street? Was that not the joke about their relationship? Because I seriously have always thought that was :thejoke:

Just like how Kelso, the dumbest and most irresponsible motherfucker, becomes a cop, or how Hyde sells out. Everyone becomes what they hated. Because that's exactly what really happened to the Boomers.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Calaveron posted:

Well, spoilers, but

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
No I know Eric runs out on her their wedding day but he returns at the end and they’re implied to get back together after Eric’s replacement gets chased out of town or something and WOW that’s gonna be a disastrous relationship

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

precision posted:

Was it not intentional that they basically acted like an old married couple (ie, their own parents) from jump street? Was that not the joke about their relationship? Because I seriously have always thought that was :thejoke:

Just like how Kelso, the dumbest and most irresponsible motherfucker, becomes a cop, or how Hyde sells out. Everyone becomes what they hated. Because that's exactly what really happened to the Boomers.

Hyde becoming a cop would’ve been him becoming what he hates. I forget how does Hyde sell out

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Rhyno posted:

Wait, there's a time traveling thread?

There will be.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

"Did white people write this?"

"YES"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Calaveron posted:

Hyde becoming a cop would’ve been him becoming what he hates. I forget how does Hyde sell out

He just settles down and runs a record store instead of actually like going out and living a wild rock and roll lifestyle

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

precision posted:

He just settles down and runs a record store instead of actually like going out and living a wild rock and roll lifestyle

Didn't he marry a stripper
Jackie also had a pretty decent ending if I recall. She becomes a strong independent woman who don't need no man and starts dating Fez

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Calaveron posted:

Didn't he marry a stripper
Jackie also had a pretty decent ending if I recall. She becomes a strong independent woman who don't need no man and starts dating Fez

Yeah Jackie did okay. I don't remember Hyde's wife being a stripper, all I remember is that she was black and there was an episode where everyone had to say their own version of "not that there's anything wrong with that"

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Best part of the ending was the sappy speech from Debra Jo Rupp who's pretty much my favorite on the show next to Kurtwood Smith.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

precision posted:

Yeah Jackie did okay. I don't remember Hyde's wife being a stripper, all I remember is that she was black and there was an episode where everyone had to say their own version of "not that there's anything wrong with that"

No you’re thinking of Hyde’s halfsister because it turns out Hyde’s actually half black

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Calaveron posted:

No you’re thinking of Hyde’s halfsister because it turns out Hyde’s actually half black

You're both right. Hyde does end up with donnas one black friend. They don't get married though.

IIRC Hyde is single at the series finale.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's okay, he'll have someone to cuddle up to in prison.

Edit: I just found out his sister was Tara on the Walking Dead and now I hate the entire family.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Rhyno posted:

Edit: I just found out his sister was Tara on the Walking Dead and now I hate the entire family.

Yeah, he's a total shitbag and it really kind of kills the show for me. Thank god Kelso/Eric/Kitty can make up for it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Matt Zerella posted:

Yeah, he's a total shitbag and it really kind of kills the show for me. Thank god Kelso/Eric/Kitty can make up for it.

Do you mean the actor or the character.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

I'm going to say "yes", because Hyde became insufferable in later seasons.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

And no announcement for iZombie. :sadwave:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

It just started. I imagine iZombie and The 100 (which is back this month gently caress yeah) will only get renewed or cancelled once their current season has clearer ratings.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Rhyno posted:

You can include Prepon in the family too...

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

esperterra posted:

It just started. I imagine iZombie and The 100 (which is back this month gently caress yeah) will only get renewed or cancelled once their current season has clearer ratings.

That's exactly what CW said. Too early to make a decision.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Lurdiak posted:

Both bit moreso the actor. I must have read the reply wrong.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Good news: 10 hour The Stand miniseries

Bad news: It's gonna be on CBS All Access

I liked the 90's miniseries with Gary Sinese and Molly Ringwald a lot, though I haven't seen it in years and years

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

zoux posted:

I liked the 90's miniseries with Gary Sinese and Molly Ringwald a lot, though I haven't seen it in years and years

Shockingly, it was a lot better when I was 12.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Now that CBS all access allows you to stream through Amazon, it's a lot less annoying.

Just wait until there's a bunch you want to watch, pay the $10 for that month, burn though it, then drop.

I did that with Discovery and No Activity in earlier in the year. I figure if I do it once or twice a year I'll get my money's worth.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Rhyno posted:

That was a dark time for television.

I'm honestly struggling to recall many sitcoms that I have ever enjoyed other than Married With Children. And that's tinted through my childhood memories so it might be horrible.

I watch Married with Children sometimes when it's on the TVs at the gym, and the show feels more like an over-the-top parody of 80's sitcoms than an actual genuine show when watched through a modern lens.

precision posted:

History has done a pretty good job of showing that the absolute worst way to deal with broken brained people is to silence and marginalize them. It just makes them double down, and keeps their activities largely mysterious rather than openly mockable.

If anything it's the exact opposite, with the fox news idea of "everyone's opinions should be treated equally, because it's the Fair And Balanced thing to do" giving voice and legitimacy to the most insane, terrible, brain-parasite poo poo you can scrape off the bottom of the american barrel.

esperterra posted:

Yeah, Pizz was bad. But season 3 was mostly bad in comparison to 1 and 2 imo. It was still fun and I liked it, mostly it suffered from the network wanting them to not do a big season long mystery or w/e, so it was broken into 2 mysteries for each half of the season. Then it promptly died ...

drat WB/UPN merger.

Season 3 was just legit bad television. Along with Piz sucking was Veronica and Logan breaking up and getting back together every other episode, and the mysteries were just bad and uninteresting regardless of length. The only good part was the last few episodes of the season where they were building up to a cliffhanger that was never resolved and was basically ignored by the reunion movie.

Calaveron posted:

No I know Eric runs out on her their wedding day but he returns at the end and they’re implied to get back together after Eric’s replacement gets chased out of town or something

yeah... or something...

raditts fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Apr 3, 2018

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

raditts posted:

I watch Married with Children sometimes when it's on the TVs at the gym, and the show feels more like an over-the-top parody of 80's sitcoms than an actual genuine show when watched through a modern lens.

It was always a parody of 80s sitcoms. Fox used to be ~edgy~

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I was watching ANTENNA TV (It's an OTA channel) last night and boy howdy, I loved Growing Pains and Family Ties when I was a kid but they straight up do not stand the test of time. I remember thinking during the later seasons that the quality must have dropped off but nope, it was never there. Point of this little story? Kids are dumb and you like dumb things as a kid.

As for Married With Children? You've got to remember FOX was an brand new National Network. They were desperate for legitimacy so cranking up how raunchy they could be got eyes on the show because controversy and launched FOX. Without MwC we wouldn't have FOX. You decide if this is a blessing or a curse.

Croatoan fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Apr 3, 2018

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

IRQ posted:

It was always a parody of 80s sitcoms. Fox used to be ~edgy~

I know it was supposed to be like, the anti-sitcom of the time and Fox was all about going against the cultural grain between that and early Simpsons, but it never felt at the time like it was supposed to be an extended comedy sketch about how lovely 80's television was, as it does for me now.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Croatoan posted:

I was watching ANTENNA TV (It's an OTA channel) last night and boy howdy, I loved Growing Pains and Family Ties when I was a kid but they straight up do not stand the test of time. I remember thinking during the later seasons that the quality must have dropped off but nope, it was never there. Point of this little story? Kids are dumb and you like dumb things as a kid.

Antenna TV, MeTV, and Laff are all wonderful for reminding me of just how bad most sitcoms always were.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Iron Crowned posted:

Antenna TV, MeTV, and Laff are all wonderful for reminding me of just how bad most sitcoms always were.

Does MeTV still show The Rockford Files at noon? I watched the entire series during lunchtimes a few years back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

raditts posted:

Does MeTV still show The Rockford Files at noon? I watched the entire series during lunchtimes a few years back.

I just looked it up, and they show westerns from noon until 5 or 6, depending on how you wanna classify the Wild, Wild West. They do at least sandwich Columbo between two episodes of Touched by an Angel on Sunday nights.