Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I just played the DJ Max Respect demo. It is nice to play a rhythm game again without having to check yourself into the cult of Hatsune Miku :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

the truth posted:

Ancient Greece would have preceded the events of Origins, which deals with the Roman Empire.

Assassin's Creed: Origins: Origins

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

There are so many dead dogs in Far Cry 5.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

poptart_fairy posted:

It's the same with Mr Freeze. I don't think he even gets a mention in episode 5. At least not with the vigilante path.

What epilogue scene did you get after the credits?

Oh yeah, he's just completely out of it you're right. For the epilogue, I chose to give up Batman. After, Bruce went to visit John in Arkham and it cuts as he starts to laugh.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Apr 2, 2018

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

That reminds me of watching some AC:O streams that were semi-complaining about seeing old Egyptian ruins and saying they wanted to see them when they were new, possibly not understanding that the gap between the Old Kingdom and the setting of the game is literal millennia

I mean I know the time gap, I just want a game set way back in the old kingdom.

The super ancient world is cool and we don't see enough of it.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

That reminds me of watching some AC:O streams that were semi-complaining about seeing old Egyptian ruins and saying they wanted to see them when they were new, possibly not understanding that the gap between the Old Kingdom and the setting of the game is literal millennia

They should have included one of those loading screen hints mentioning that the Khufu pyramid was older to Bayek and Aya than Bayek and Aya are to Layla.

The commonly-used comparison is Pyramid -> Cleopatra -> Space Shuttle and it's still a solid 500 year difference.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

RBA Starblade posted:

Having wrapped up the episode it's weird how it basically forgets to wrap up what's up with Catwoman. There was no follow-up at all and she was barely in it.

Some Batman spoilers here. My Catwoman showed up to help after the GCPD got bombed, and that was the last I saw of her. I guess she is stuck in Waller's stable. Having watched the Villain ending, Catwoman is much more prominent and if you're on Waller's good side you can clear her record.

Mr Freeze is probably stuck cultivating the SANCTUM virus for The Agency. I didn't adjust the temperature when he got captured through so maybe he just died.

In the end, with Waller she hated me and I hated her. She gave me some line about how everything she did was for the greater good and I replied with silence, which caused her to go off on be about how Batman is so high and mighty. I think Telltale hasn't ever gotten a good hold on how to respond to the player choosing silence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q6YgbSQ2kI

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
The problem with Wipeout's difficulty curve is not how steep it is (and it is steep), but rather that if you put the game down for a week or two to play something else, you're right back to where you started when you come back to playing it.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

LawfulWaffle posted:

I think Telltale hasn't ever gotten a good hold on how to respond to the player choosing silence

There needs to be more Wolf Among Us, since [smoke] was objectively the best choice any time it was an option.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Montalvo posted:

The problem with Wipeout's difficulty curve is not how steep it is (and it is steep), but rather that if you put the game down for a week or two to play something else, you're right back to where you started when you come back to playing it.

I've been playing BallisticNG every few days and the first couple races I do always have way more wall slamming. It's truly an odd phenomenon.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Man, console game QTEs just throw me off. Half of the time I'm just wondering whether LT/LB was the top or the buttom button or whatever the blue/red/green button was on this controller.

(Nearing the end of Tomb Raider I think)

Edit: Except the save file says 51%... maybe this game is longer than it seems.

Smol fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Apr 2, 2018

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

LawfulWaffle posted:

Some Batman spoilers here. My Catwoman showed up to help after the GCPD got bombed, and that was the last I saw of her. I guess she is stuck in Waller's stable. Having watched the Villain ending, Catwoman is much more prominent and if you're on Waller's good side you can clear her record.

Mr Freeze is probably stuck cultivating the SANCTUM virus for The Agency. I didn't adjust the temperature when he got captured through so maybe he just died.

In the end, with Waller she hated me and I hated her. She gave me some line about how everything she did was for the greater good and I replied with silence, which caused her to go off on be about how Batman is so high and mighty. I think Telltale hasn't ever gotten a good hold on how to respond to the player choosing silence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q6YgbSQ2kI

With Waller we came to a sort of understanding before I grappled away. Gordon just shrugged. :v: I like how in the end Waller really was just cleaning up. She's still not a good person but she actually was trying to minimize fatalities, at the very least. It all just got away from her like with Batman, which is why I had him totally give it up forever, definitely, absolutely.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

never trust completion percentage

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

RBA Starblade posted:

With Waller we came to a sort of understanding before I grappled away. Gordon just shrugged. :v: I like how in the end Waller really was just cleaning up. She's still not a good person but she actually was trying to minimize fatalities, at the very least. It all just got away from her like with Batman, which is why I had him totally give it up forever, definitely, absolutely.

This is kind of funny because if you side with her way, way more people die than if you had sided with Joker

If there's a part 3 I think it would have to start with Alfred's death

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

kirbysuperstar posted:

I've been playing BallisticNG every few days and the first couple races I do always have way more wall slamming. It's truly an odd phenomenon.

Yep. And with Trackmania coming for free tomorrow I doubt I'll be getting much more Wipeout in in the near future.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

kater posted:

I'm playing Infamous Second Son and none of the karma poo poo matters right? I had apparently been doing Good Guy stuff while playing before but the Evil stuff is all ridiculous and funny so I'm a Thug now. I don't care about the story, I just want to make sure there's no dope moves only good guys get or anything right?

IIRC there are moves specific to Karma. If you like the game, just play it through with both good and bad. It’s relatively short.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Smol posted:

Man, console game QTEs just throw me off. Half of the time I'm just wondering whether LT/LB was the top or the buttom button or whatever the blue/red/green button was on this controller.

(Nearing the end of Tomb Raider I think)

Edit: Except the save file says 51%... maybe this game is longer than it seems.

It counts like literally everything possible including all the optional hidden collectables and stuff.

knows a black guy
Jun 18, 2005

veni veni veni posted:

Denver. My door is always open to those who want to wipe the hell out.

Heading down from Ft Collins now!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

If you play Tomb Raider 2013 just grabbing everything you see without going overly out of your way to find all the hidden stuff you'll finish with about 75-80% completion.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
IIRC TR2013 has a postgame where you can freely travel around the map and push completion as high as you want.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
dang how many Colorado goons we got itt

acksplode
May 17, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Played Wipeout in VR for probably like 10-12 hours this weekend and it's possibly the most fun I have ever had playing a game. At the very least it's been one of those experiences like the first time I played RE1, Super Metroid, or Demon's Souls where it goes way beyond just liking a game into something that is going to color how I look at games for the foreseeable future. There's plenty of good stuff for PSVR but this is the first thing that feels borderline perfect.

I don't think they physically could have done a better job tricking you into feeling like you are a space racer from the future going hundreds of miles and hour. It's loving insane, will melt your face off and everyone should at least go out of their way to try it at a friends house even if they don't have a PSVR.

Everyone listen to this post, Wipeout VR is the truth. It's the first racing game to give me a literal adrenaline rush from the sense of speed. Like, it's as fun as IRL go karts. And it doesn't use move controllers at all, so it finally makes it worthwhile to pick up a headset+camera bundle. This VR patch seriously deserves the marketing push a new VR game would get, it could sell some headsets.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

exquisite tea posted:

Easy Allies for basic reviews, Game Informer for in-depth interviews with the developers, Digital Foundry for techy nerd and performance benchmark stuff, Gamasutra for what's going on within the industry itself.

pretty much this

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

New God of War gameplay video! Also they’ve announced that the review embargo goes up 8 days early so they seem extremely confident about this one. I can’t wait ahhhhhh

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I actively looked for things to do in Yakuza 0, except some very specific ones, and, at 60 hours of gameplay, I clocked less than 50% of completion. I knew it was a huge game, but drat.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Samuringa posted:

I actively looked for things to do in Yakuza 0, except some very specific ones, and, at 60 hours of gameplay, I clocked less than 50% of completion. I knew it was a huge game, but drat.

the yakuza games' completion percentages keep track of everything, so even if you complete most of the sidestories etc you can still wind up 30 or 40 points short of completion because you neglected to play pool fifty times or whatever

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

iirc the percentage is for completion points and you have to fill the entire thing with both characters for 100%

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

My 8 year old is playing Journey. She's never seen it. Discovering everything. Much different than my experienced game rush through it.

Its :3:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Unlucky7 posted:

I just played the DJ Max Respect demo. It is nice to play a rhythm game again without having to check yourself into the cult of Hatsune Miku :unsmith:

How was it compared to uhhh gently caress! DJ Max Technika Tune for Vita?

I loooooveed that game so much that and DJ Max Portable 3 for psp

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I didn't even know about a new DJ Max game

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

verbal enema posted:

Pretty sure Respect is every previous DJMax game combined, though some are DLC.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Samurai Sanders posted:

Pretty sure Respect is every previous DJMax game combined, though some are DLC.

Respect is it's own set of new songs, but it also comes with portable 1 & 2 as well. So far the dlc packs are Clazziquai(psp), Trilogy(pc), Technica(vita), and Guilty Gear(new).

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

verbal enema posted:

Can't really tell you since I never played these games before this one, but, uh, what everyone else said :v:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I got spoiled on the ending for Far Cry 5,and honestly it just makes the whole thing funnier to me. I can order a granny around in an attack helicopter, and that'd the important bit.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bombadilillo posted:

My 8 year old is playing Journey. She's never seen it. Discovering everything. Much different than my experienced game rush through it.

Its :3:

Did she make any friends along the way? :allears:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I'm honestly wondering, were people actually, like, surprised at Journey? Maybe I'm too jaded or whatever but the game never really struck me as hiding what it was doing, at least not enough to consider it a big reveal, which is the vibe I get when reading thoughts on it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it wasn't hiding it and they explicitly talked about it from before the game was even out

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I'm honestly wondering, were people actually, like, surprised at Journey? Maybe I'm too jaded or whatever but the game never really struck me as hiding what it was doing, at least not enough to consider it a big reveal, which is the vibe I get when reading thoughts on it.

I fully agree it's not really like a spoiler thing, it's just nice seeing people's reactions when they go in blind long after Journey first came out and suddenly run into someone else.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

it wasn't hiding it and they explicitly talked about it from before the game was even out

Perhaps some people... don't follow games development

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Perhaps some people... don't follow games development

is this the new resident evil 7 boat