Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
##vote RHJ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Birdstrike is lying; I protected him last night

##vote birdstrike

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
lmao

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Sal died the way he lived

a CHAMP

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Also, I protected monathin last night, the kill went through my protection.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Little macs empower was confirmed right?

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Little mac, who did you target and why?

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

50 pounds of bread posted:

Also, I protected monathin last night, the kill went through my protection.

I was afraid of that. I took birb in the hopes you'd get Mona, but this would explain why neither of us have been priority targets.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

So heres where im at. If birbs claim on you is fake, it means he thinks he can win with a mislynch. Which means there at least 2 scum remaining. I think the amount of scum are likely, but I also think there is cell. I think cell killed monathin.

This is a tough spot.

I think this is basically lylo.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Well this isn’t exactly how I imagined this going

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

:ghost:Good luck, town! I believe in you!:ghost:

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

So heres where im at. If birbs claim on you is fake, it means he thinks he can win with a mislynch. Which means there at least 2 scum remaining. I think the amount of scum are likely, but I also think there is cell. I think cell killed monathin.

This is a tough spot.

This was my thought as well, as the gambit doesn't make much sense otherwise.

At lunch I'm going to try to comb through and figure out who the last scum and SK might be. I don't know what else I can do.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Monathin posted:

Whoever's still alive when I flip please post this, thanks

This one is for you homie, :cheers:

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I feel that for sure Gero is alive but what would their partner at this point? Aren’t all the Androids dead except 20?

Two kills either implies a single player with two kills or two players with single kills. I think it’s just Gero and Cell left. Unless I’m missing something

Also we haven’t heard from crazyeyes, Little Mac or chaoslord yet. I trust Little Mac since Monathin confirmed the Kaioken and it’d be hard to fake that. Crazyeyes you’ve been pretty silent the past few days which comes off as suspect. Chaoslord is the last of the 3 self-claimed VTs

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I’ll be honest, I have a huge blind spot for birb so, odds are, I’m going to end up voting with him unless there is a compelling case against.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I’m not voting until Birdstrike comes back and we hear from the others

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

The only possible flavor character who might be Gero aligned that I can think of is Mercenary Tao.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

chaoslord posted:

I’ll be honest, I have a huge blind spot for birb so, odds are, I’m going to end up voting with him unless there is a compelling case against.

My problem is that birdstrike confirmed me. Which makes this sort of a conundrum for me; was it a long con or being truthful

There is the slight hiccup that it is convenient that they managed to not hit a single android all game. Really tho there have been a lot of town so I’m not sure I can blame them for that

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Here's my theory while I've got a sec;

I believe that Birb is actually a tracker as Android 20 with his spy bot , as his team would need to find androids and an SK and power roles, and having tracker and watcher as town seems redundant. So either his confirmation of you was a bid for cred, or clearing his scum buddy. Now, I think the SK is hiding among the remaining power roles but I'll suss that out later. I believe scum believes that they have a shot at winning with a mislynch. Either jointly with SK if that is even possible, or one of them has an extra kill they've been hiding.

By process of elimination, going with my gut and ignoring the paranoia of an SK for now, chaoslord is my pick for scum buddy. He was "cleared" N2 I believe and it feels like he has existed primarily on the periphery for most of the game. His "blind spot" for birb pushed me over the edge, as it rings of a convenient excuse. I want to give both of you a re-read to confirm after work but this is my current thought process given everything I know.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

My problem is that birdstrike confirmed me. Which makes this sort of a conundrum for me; was it a long con or being truthful

There is the slight hiccup that it is convenient that they managed to not hit a single android all game. Really tho there have been a lot of town so I’m not sure I can blame them for that

Yeah, :same: w/r/t the confirmed thing, although I'm not 100% sure I buy his explanation of why he tracked me. I'll have to go look at that later.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

This is a tough spot.

You ready to claim all your targets, then?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Rhjamiz posted:

By process of elimination, going with my gut and ignoring the paranoia of an SK for now, chaoslord is my pick for scum buddy. He was "cleared" N2 I believe and it feels like he has existed primarily on the periphery for most of the game. His "blind spot" for birb pushed me over the edge, as it rings of a convenient excuse. I want to give both of you a re-read to confirm after work but this is my current thought process given everything I know.

You're not going to believe me now, but re-read this after the game: I just have too much of a soft spot for birb to see him as scum because he's sealab buddies with me and he can so wildly swing from serious poster to crapposter that I just have no way to read his meta.

If you can build a case on him I'm definitely open to reading it. I'm not going to W&CK this one and blindly follow birb to the ends of the earth. But I'm not likely to come to the conclusion he is scum on my own, and I'm being upfront about that so that someone will actually build a case if they want to see him lynched. No one has really been casing anyone recently.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
List has been re-re-updated:

DECIDEDLY ALIVE
  • Crazyeyes * Puar, Best Friend
  • Little Mac * King Kai, Empowerer
  • Rhjamiz * Piccolo, Bodyguard
  • Birdstrike * claims Chiaotzu, Tracker, tracked N1 Sal, N2 IcePhoenix, N3 chaoslord, N4 IRSmart, N5 tobbs, N6 Rhjamiz
  • I R SMART LIKE ROCK * claims Yajirobe, Hider Tracked nowhere N4
  • chaoslord * Mr Popo, Vanilla, Tracked nowhere N3
  • 50 pounds of bread * Krillin, Doctor

DECIDEDLY DEAD
  • Tobbs Gnawed * claims mecha-Freiza, Vanilla
  • SalTheBard * Hercules, Thunderdomer
  • Monathin * Tien, DayVig
  • Xad * claims Android 14, ( Kikoho'ed )
  • Mordiceius * claims Android 16, role cop? ( self destructed and killed IcePheonix )
  • IcePhoenix * claims Bulma, Vanilla Town tracked to nowhere N2
  • b-minus1 * claims Dende, Town watcher / Doc watch target
  • Asiina * Goku, Teleportation jail / PGO Temp BP
  • GulagDolls * Android 17, Gero aligned Android Barrier / Infinite Energy (BP regenerating Bodyguard)
  • Lumpen * Android 15, Town Weakling (loudmouth)
  • flerp * Dr. Brief, Vanilla
  • King Burgundy * Android 19, Gero aligned Backup / Attack Absorber
  • grand theft grotto * Vegeta, Disarmer
  • willie_dee * Android 18, Town (former Scum?) Ninja / Roleblocker(?) (/Krillin Kisser???)
  • Atomic Soda * Yamcha, Town Best Friend / Weakling
  • GeneX Gero-Aligned Android 13, Backup/Android Detector
  • Dancer * Town Busdriver /Secret Chamber Entrant
  • Sandwolf * Vanilla Town
  • Anomalous Amalgam * Vanilla Town
  • Jeabus Mahogany * Master Roshi, android-detecting flavorcop

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

If you're both scum you've done an excellent job flying just under the radar. In the interest of getting us through this day I'll put together a case on Birb after work.

If you're town, then hopefully we'll have one more day to figure this poo poo out one way or the other.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

chaoslord posted:

You're not going to believe me now, but re-read this after the game: I just have too much of a soft spot for birb to see him as scum because he's sealab buddies with me and he can so wildly swing from serious poster to crapposter that I just have no way to read his meta.

If you can build a case on him I'm definitely open to reading it. I'm not going to W&CK this one and blindly follow birb to the ends of the earth. But I'm not likely to come to the conclusion he is scum on my own, and I'm being upfront about that so that someone will actually build a case if they want to see him lynched. No one has really been casing anyone recently.

This is a fair point. I've got a busy morning but I should have time this afternoon to re-read the past few days to see if anything comes up

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Oh it was N3 not N2. Thank you that list is extremely helpful.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Little mac, who did you target and why?

No one. I already said my power was one shot.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Monathin posted:

The problem with that is Crazyeyes claimed a masonry with Soda, and Soda had Best Friends as a roleflip as Yamcha.

I'm actually slightly more suspect of IcePhoenix right now if we're being honest, I don't remember Yajirobe in the Androids Saga at all.

Ok so process of elimination, I'm on board with Mona's logic here as Atomic Soda's flip would make no sense any other way. Puar is the only character that makes sense to have Best Friends with Yamcha. So I'm willing to trust that Crazyeyes in town, since by now someone would have piped up to contradict this statement

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Monathin posted:

Little Mac could still be cult.

But yeah, I got the Kaioken, which at least proves Little Mac wasn't lying about his claim.

This makes me trust Little Mac

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I wholeheartedly believe we're dead either way, but I think it's best to plorp either bird or rham today. I'm going to be out until the evening but I'm going to reread them when I get back.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

If there's a real cult (I don't think there ever was and there was no reason to take scum kb at face value) we were never going to win, especially with all the modkills.

I like your work right now, I r smart

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
That leaves us with:
Rhjamiz - claims they protected Birdstrike
Birdstrike - claims Rhjamiz visited SalTheBard
I R SMART LIKE ROCK - claims nothing
chaoslord - claims nothing
50 pounds of bread - claims protected Monathin. Monathin was NK'ed through this supposed protection. Which suggests a juggernaut kill

I think it's going to come down to some combination of these players. It seems like Rhjamiz and 50 pounds of bread implicitly trust each other. I'm not sure if this is a new development or not

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I have had an insane thought. Full disclosure; I have never played with an SK before so I dunno how they usually work on SA, but;

If Cell or whoever's wincon allows them to win jointly with town if all scum are dead, then I have a plan. Cell claims, we lynch bird, he kills bird's scumbuddy and I and/or 50 protect him from the scum nk.

If Cell can't win with town then gently caress it we'll lynch him tomorrow or D9 if we're still here. I don't loving know.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I think we're down to gero and cell. At least one of them is in the bird/rham combo

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Little Mac posted:

I wholeheartedly believe we're dead either way, but I think it's best to plorp either bird or rham today. I'm going to be out until the evening but I'm going to reread them when I get back.

I think you’re right that it’s going to come down to which player do we trust more. As they have contradictory claims

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Rhjamiz posted:

I have had an insane thought. Full disclosure; I have never played with an SK before so I dunno how they usually work on SA, but;

If Cell or whoever's wincon allows them to win jointly with town if all scum are dead, then I have a plan. Cell claims, we lynch bird, he kills bird's scumbuddy and I and/or 50 protect him from the scum nk.

If Cell can't win with town then gently caress it we'll lynch him tomorrow or D9 if we're still here. I don't loving know.

Here ya go :tipshat:
http://mafiawiki.notesmash.org/wiki/Serial_Killer

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

SKs normally can't win with town but i would welcome a cell claim!!!

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
In essence Cell would never agree to this as a SK wins solo or not at all. It would actually be in the Android’s best interest to kill Cell

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I swear to god Birdstrike if you’re Cell. Imma be pissed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Ah, thanks. That's handy. But apparently this plan won't work. Well poo poo. We're in a bind then.

• Locked thread