Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

SSNeoman posted:

From reddit:

Yikes, that's a lot of wasted unusued endo.

gaj70 fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Apr 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Inaros is best played where you yell out "pocket sand" irl whenever you press your 1.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

What's the fastest way for a new player to amass credits?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

What's the fastest way for a new player to amass credits?

Catch a goon taxi to The Index (if you have the initially investment bucks).

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Catch a goon taxi to The Index (if you have the initially investment bucks).

30k for the minimum, 50k for the good one.

Seimeni / Ceres is a good quick 3-5min ~25k 5 round defense mission.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

gaj70 posted:

Do your stealth-equinox focus runs on Pluto (Narcissus or Acheron) instead of Adaro?? It's arguably better anyway b/c corpus tend to cluster more and have lower EHP.

Pro-tip: program your mouse/keyboard to repeat '2' every 0.5 seconds. It only casts when there is a valid target.
No programmable keyboards for me, am console peasant.

I've been running Venera on Venus over and over. I know Phobos and Neptune are higher level, but the little bastards don't seem to spawn on Phobos and I get overrun by negators on Neptune (whoever had the tip about knocking down the target and then leaving them so the bursas and negators don't spawn, it doesn't work, at least on PS4). So I level my shiny new Loki in the meantime. very very slowly.

I got a fair amount from a relic defense yesterday and a bounty today though.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Edmond Dantes posted:

Read this once you finished TSD: Get in the loving frame, Shinji
Fuuuuuck, that quest was exhausting. And not just because Sentients are unfun damage sponges. That was the best finish though.
Get hosed, Stalker. :allears:

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Yeah but kidmode chumps all over their stupid little faces.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

I already have Inaros. Any reason I should nab the quest?

Also, everyone shoukd have Inaros. He's so stupidly good. Possibly the only Frame where I'll use the whole kit every mission.
Not even Saryn has that honor and I love her dearly.

If you’ve bought him for plat the quest will give you a riven.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Kwanzaa Quickie posted:

If you’ve bought him for plat the quest will give you a riven.

Oh nice.

How fo I get Rivens after the first one? The one I got from the quest was HORRIBLE.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Inzombiac posted:

Oh nice.

How fo I get Rivens after the first one? The one I got from the quest was HORRIBLE.

Do the sortie every day.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

Oh nice.

Sortie reward, which means you will never get any or you will be drowning in them

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
had the stalker pop in to my game the other day for the first time since getting the 10 second beam power from second dream and its pretty funny that he just blindly tries to attack your frame while you absolutely swat him like a bug

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
Jumping into this after giving it a try awhile ago when that big prime bundle misprice happened. Anything in particular I should look to do immediately progress wise or purchase wise? I've bought a couple of slots and reactors as well as a few warframes and I'm just slowly doing junction points and whatever few quests I get.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

That Gobbo posted:

Jumping into this after giving it a try awhile ago when that big prime bundle misprice happened. Anything in particular I should look to do immediately progress wise or purchase wise? I've bought a couple of slots and reactors as well as a few warframes and I'm just slowly doing junction points and whatever few quests I get.

Slots and cosmetics are pretty much the only things you need plat to get. Keep doing junctions and quests as you get them. There aren't a ton of quests but all of them have worthwhile rewards. The progression is pretty loose and mostly based around frequently levelling up new poo poo.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

doing quests and junctions is always a good thing to go about doing when you have them available. a good bit of quests are just to get new frames but once you get to...uranus? you'll eventually run into a spooky blue oculyst thing in a mission that's making a bunch of weird noises and you'll want to scan that. it should enable the natah questline which you'll want to do, which will lead to the second dream. that quest in particular is an important milestone to go through, and also eventually leads to the war within which happens to be another important one.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
I've managed to get a sculpture from each Sortie for the past two weeks.

What deity did I offend to not even get a lovely rear end Riven for dragging my useless teammates' asses through the sortie spy missions.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
i just started playing this game thanks to noclip's documentary on it. is there a good place to learn what's going on for someone brand new (i played maybe half an hour at the ps4 launch).

is the op up to date? i understand this game changes lots, and regularly?

also it seems crazy to control. is the default controller scheme the preferred way? it seemed kinda bad kb+m.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I just reinstalled due to the noclip doc as well. Going to play for a bit to make sure it has its hooks in me again before resigning up for the clan.

Oh god my space herpes has a tentacle :gonk:

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Mouse and keyboard is the best way to control this game, just move Crouch to a button on your mouse.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Soul Glo posted:

i just started playing this game thanks to noclip's documentary on it. is there a good place to learn what's going on for someone brand new (i played maybe half an hour at the ps4 launch).

also it seems crazy to control. is the default controller scheme the preferred way? it seemed kinda bad kb+m.

Check the Warframe Wiki, the devs basically gave up trying to document poo poo. Its pretty much a "semi official" source of everything you need to know.
Keyboard and mouse is far superior to gamepad for this game, given how complicated the controls are.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

You need to have a control system that will handle placing decorations in your home, shootmans, slicemans, fly a rocket attached to your butt, fish, jump into tiny holes to look for loot, arrange music, jump on the world's most murderous pipe organ, navigate underwater, and play a side scrolling shoot em up.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Sandweed posted:

Mouse and keyboard is the best way to control this game, just move Crouch to a button on your mouse.

However, if you feel more comfotable playing 3rd person games with a control pad, that's also perfectly viable. I just recommend binding one set of controls (d-pad, touch pad, etc.) to directly activating each of your 4 powers.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
So does anyone know a way to make a mission objective reload itself if it bugs out? Because I'm 40 minutes, 2 new mods, and 7 argon into hunting around a Void mission as I finally go to the drat generators, and they won't let me turn them on.

And if I have to leave this mission because poo poo broke and get none of it I'm gonna be loving cross.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Soul Glo posted:

Join the clan and ask.

We are, if nothing else, EXTREMELY willing to help out newbies and will shower you in items.

Seriously, us old timers are drow ing in the basics and love love love helping people out.

If you see me online (Fravash) I will carry you through Hydron so you can level stuff up crazy fast.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

END ME SCOOB posted:

So does anyone know a way to make a mission objective reload itself if it bugs out? Because I'm 40 minutes, 2 new mods, and 7 argon into hunting around a Void mission as I finally go to the drat generators, and they won't let me turn them on.

And if I have to leave this mission because poo poo broke and get none of it I'm gonna be loving cross.

generally all you can do to fix bugs is jump in a hole or die and revive, but those don't usually work for broken interactions.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

generally all you can do to fix bugs is jump in a hole or die and revive, but those don't usually work for broken interactions.

Cool. Cool, neither worked. Cool cool cool cool gently caress.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

END ME SCOOB posted:

Cool. Cool, neither worked. Cool cool cool cool gently caress.

PC or Console?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
PC, but if the suggestion you're about to make is to try and invite someone, I just tried that and it's telling me I can't because I'm playing offline??

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

END ME SCOOB posted:

PC, but if the suggestion you're about to make is to try and invite someone, I just tried that and it's telling me I can't because I'm playing offline??

No, my suggestion is that you bail on that mission and contact Tornavul in game and I'll take you through 20 waves of void defense to get some free affinity, argon crystals and a bunch of random crappy mods.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Yeah I liked Volt's 2 so thread recommended me Nezha for more of that. Next frame I think I'll aim either for something defensive, or Octavia.

octavia is extremely defensive in that you can be invisible 24/7 just by hitting crouch a lot.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Avulsion posted:

No, my suggestion is that you bail on that mission and contact Tornavul in game and I'll take you through 20 waves of void defense to get some free affinity, argon crystals and a bunch of random crappy mods.

Thanks for the hand. It ain't 7 but it's enough to start some projects tonight, and the mod's icing on the cake. You're a fine dude.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
Finally got the Neptune Junction! :toot: Goodbye, stupid cache hunting.

Now I get to see what the fuss with Second Dream is all about.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Ritznit posted:

Finally got the Neptune Junction! :toot: Goodbye, stupid cache hunting.

Now I get to see what the fuss with Second Dream is all about.

Just you wait until you get to Pluto

:negative:

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

What's that one junction that requires three challenge rooms on Lua to unlock?

Cause gently caress that one so much.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Truga posted:

octavia is extremely defensive in that you can be invisible 24/7 just by hitting crouch a lot.

I partied up with some Octavia pubbies and the frame just seems to be concentrated radness.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

mrmcd posted:

Sedna on Pluto.

That was less of a pain in the arse than I expected because it's easy to get matched with pubbies on Lua trying to do the same thing, so you can team up and get them done fairly quickly. And you get some nice mods from them too.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

mrmcd posted:

Its Pluto-> Sedna :negative:

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
so if i try kb+m controls again since most of you recommend that, what should i set my sensitivity at (i know this is likely down to personal preference, but still, i haven't been pc gaming super long and i've had to gently caress with this exactly once before).

where do you recommend binding powers? i didn't like moving my hand off movement to hit 1.

i have two side buttons on my mouse. one will be crouch. i guess i have two more i can add to the other side, but that's only three for powers.

and thanks for the advice/offered help. not sure how i feel about the game so far, so i'm not gonna stick my hand out for the freebies just yet so you don't waste a buncha stuff if i gently caress off after a couple hours. but i'll def look into joining the clan if i dig on the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

cinci zoo sniper posted:

I partied up with some Octavia pubbies and the frame just seems to be concentrated radness.
I really want Octavia, but having now looked up what I need to do to get her parts, that's some powerful loving bullshit, so I'm going to just plat buy her next time I get a coupon from dailies.

But I also want to buy the Lua scene for my room, so IDK. Priorities.