Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

oddium posted:

dead rising 1 is insanely good, i'm saying a gamer prayer ...

Running around in a Lego head smacking zombies with chainsaw and mannequins was super fun, I just didn't feel like pushing past the final boss :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

VideoGames posted:

Also that Solstice Music was composed by Tim Follen. Tim and Geoff Follen are utter maestros at using sound chips to compose heavily layered and awesome music.

The Silver Surfer music is one of their best :D

I can totally agree with this. I still like a lot o NES game OST's and usually when I look them up those names are tied to em.

Like Pictionary shouldn't be this hype but it is

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Real hurthling! posted:

Tried playing witness and it keeps making me tired and bored. Goodnight thread

It makes sense you’d feel that way about a bad game

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
It took far too much time in Dead Rising to get back into the mall after you died (if you didn't want to reload from a save).

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm going to be out of date by asking this but it's been on my mind.

I don't really go to twitch because the player sucks on my laptop and I don't usually care to catch anything "live" when I can just watch it on my own time later. The past couple months though I checked out a couple Fortnite streams as I wanted to see what that game was, and a few others offhand (stuff like Overwatch just to see if the games still alive etc). Just went for the popular ones to see what made the games appealing.

I was greeted by donation messages that were like "Wow you're a loving moron. Thanks for the money retard!" "Lol x has self cucked themselves out of ___ dollars!" and the streamer just parroting the same thing back to his crowd calling them morons or just kinda coming off as a huge rear end in a top hat.

Is that just the hip thing these days?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Please don’t kinkshame financial domination fetishers.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

you gotta go down to the people with under 10k viewers to not find someone trying to be an edgy meme-streamer. There are a couple of good ones but more often saying things like "lmao kys thanks for the bits" is what's gonna keep getting views :cripes:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the only streamers i watch are florryworry playing eu4 and also the go off kings and they both go out of their way to thank every subscriber and donation very heartfeltly

e: sometimes florry hosts shen after he goes offline and shen is very kind too

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I started following one of the VAs from the new Life is Strange game on twitter and now she streams Fortnite as her Life is Strange character and gets 50k views a night. It’s a very odd time to be alive.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The only streamer I watch at all really is LobosJR and unless anything has changed recently he seems pretty chill and just chats about whatever ridiculous Dark Souls challenge run he's attempting.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Sakurazuka posted:

The only streamer I watch at all really is LobosJR and unless anything has changed recently he seems pretty chill and just chats about whatever ridiculous Dark Souls challenge run he's attempting.

Well, he did cheat on his fiancée (the one he proposed to live on stream), but I guess that's probably not relevant to his stream content.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
There's a guy who's been streaming bloodborne speedruns with a modded (hex edited?) version of the game that allows him to have infinite consumables. This lets him do like molotov only or tiny tonitrus only runs. Pretty cool, though I can only watch like one boss fight before I get bored.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
When I think about the game objectively I find flaws in pretty much every aspect of Dragon's Dogma but I keep coming back to play it. I can't explain it

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Replaying original Tomb Raider on DOS and uh it's still a good game because it's basically Prince of Persia and built with a very concise set of rules. Also reminds me of Souls games because the level designers LOVE putting pits and boulders in areas you want to run through but should really slow the gently caress down.

Never noticed Lara was so ripped.

Also finished the original MechWarrior, a text adventure without one actual mech combat.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i could never figure out how to use jump jets in the original mechwarrior without smashing apart my legs. also i was probably about 6 when i played it.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

It's been 20+ years since I played it but I thought the story path on Mechwarrior required you to pick up some crew members and do at least a couple missions.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

i could never figure out how to use jump jets in the original mechwarrior without smashing apart my legs. also i was probably about 6 when i played it.

why were you using your legs to play mech warrior

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Olive! posted:

Well, he did cheat on his fiancée (the one he proposed to live on stream), but I guess that's probably not relevant to his stream content.
Wait what's the story here? I used to follow that dude, its kind of a shame if he did that.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Shadow of War is removing loot boxes. A game I've never heard any of you talk about, but maybe one of you guys own it so there you go have a bit of news.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Raxivace posted:

Wait what's the story here? I used to follow that dude, its kind of a shame if he did that.

I could be wrong here since I just found out about it recently but from what I read that isn't what happened. My understanding was that he realized he had developed feelings for someone else and called it off so it was still a painful situation but not as bad as Olive! said.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

There are multiple cases of streamers cheating on their spouses on-air so it's easy to get confused.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

monogamy is last gen

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

Does the villain have superpowers? What is going on when you fight him?

far cry 5's bad guys use a drug called Bliss that's basically magic hive-mind juice and routinely drops you into hallucinations where the bad guys have superpowers, there's very little coherence to any of it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only things I watch on twitch are FG tourneys and people like TeamSp00ky and such don't have donation messages because they're already paid to go to these events and stream them. Well I also watch Aris and he makes fun of the donation messages people send in because they're usually terrible. But the message itself just says X donated Y dollars.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Regy Rusty posted:

I could be wrong here since I just found out about it recently but from what I read that isn't what happened. My understanding was that he realized he had developed feelings for someone else and called it off so it was still a painful situation but not as bad as Olive! said.
Ah yeah that paints it in a pretty different light.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I beat The Surge last night and then wrote like 1000 words on my interpretation of the story for the game's thread. It's a good game with some flaws but I'm really happy I waited for the complete edition for go on sale to take the plunge.

Death counts:
Second to last boss - 30
Last boss, phase 1 - 4
Last Boss, phase 2 - 2

That second to last boss was such a wall for me but I'm glad I powered through. Now I can get back to Mario Odyssey and Splatoon 2.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I don't watch people too often on twitch but when I do, I'll just go to the speedrunning tag and see who is speedrunning at the moment, see if anyone is routing or running a game I'm curious about or are relatively empty so I can just chill out in their chat

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I've never come across a Twitch streamer that tries super hard to be edgy (maybe soda poppin' sometimes?)

Check out Trihex, CobaltStreak, or Richard Hammer.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Electric Phantasm posted:

Does the villain have superpowers? What is going on when you fight him?

You dont fight villains in far cry games you fight waves of mooks while they talk to you over a loud speaker and then they die in cutscene

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Regy Rusty posted:

As someone who followed the tweets of both parties as it came out, no, he slept with another woman.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rarity posted:

Running around in a Lego head smacking zombies with chainsaw and mannequins was super fun, I just didn't feel like pushing past the final boss :shobon:

Lego? Lmao. Get thee to a tronbonnery

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

The only things I watch on twitch are FG tourneys and people like TeamSp00ky and such don't have donation messages because they're already paid to go to these events and stream them. Well I also watch Aris and he makes fun of the donation messages people send in because they're usually terrible. But the message itself just says X donated Y dollars.

Aris calling everyone stoners makes me happy

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i was gonna go off on the servbot thing too but we need less "agggghhh !!" and more, "ahhhh"

semper games

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Isn't Aris kind of a creep or something

al-azad
May 28, 2009

raditts posted:

It's been 20+ years since I played it but I thought the story path on Mechwarrior required you to pick up some crew members and do at least a couple missions.

Nope, you're only required to fight the pirates to get the chalice at the end. It's actually more efficient to sell your starting Jenner as soon as the game begins, go through all the story beats, then buy a heavy mech and do the final battle. It's hard solo but the AI is pretty dumb and shows you their back often.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

al-azad posted:

Plok is the greatest Yes soundtrack we never got.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZWbqmYtjNQ

Spider-Man and the X-Men in Arcade's Revenge is the greatest Dream Theater soundtrack we never got.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ncQGuNqUis

The Spiderman & The X-Men soundtrack was too good for that game.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Samuringa posted:

I know nobody plays a FarCry for the story, but this is just insane

https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/980897668963667968

Like, not only is that not a Good ending, it might be one of the bleakest endings I've seen in a videogame, what the gently caress, Ubi?

edit:

also, the villain is Tom Cruise

So if I played the game, would it make any more sense as to why one ending magically turns from nighttime to midday and why the other doesn't? Is the entire "good" ending a hallucination as well or something?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Help Im Alive posted:

Isn't Aris kind of a creep or something

He did some bads like 10 years ago he apologized for. I understand no one is redeemable on the internet but he makes fun content :shrug:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Every full-time streamer is a dumb obnoxious weirdo. Trust me, I know about these things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
I think I may have convinced my friend to play Monster Prom.

• Locked thread