Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
How about the fact that the game's same sex rep starts and ends at creepy stalker and creepy sadomasochist. And on top of the whole divided across versions thing, you don't even get the series lesbian character unless a specific character has a kid.

And said character is basically an even shittier Ricken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

That's why it stinks, since while it's arguably inconsistent with Fates' (bad) writing, those supports were reasonably nice about it, whereas the ones they went with are just spitting out their gimmick yet another time.

e: I'm not too invested in FE but the whole thing is hilarious in light of NoA putting out a loving press release on how the game had gay rep in it.

Motto fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Apr 3, 2018

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
oh my god the muffet fight and everything related to it

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I'd appreciate some good vod links. I'm very tried :coffee:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Here's the whole series of videos uploaded to youtube. They're all worth watching.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Oh god this is a trainwreck even without the game.

Pat's reaction to her saying she can only watch Star Trek by pretending it's night. ":cripes:"

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

im glad woolie is liking logh, because it is rad.

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

oh my god the muffet fight and everything related to it

Having a ginger midget hovering over my shoulder shrilly laughing at me while I play a video game poorly is probably one of the worst nightmares I could have.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Roobanguy posted:

im glad woolie is liking logh, because it is rad.
I assume he is watching the original and not the new one

I am banking podcasts until I can return to work so I have a nice backlog to get through.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

I assume he is watching the original and not the new one

I am banking podcasts until I can return to work so I have a nice backlog to get through.

yes

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Good, I hear the new one is, so far, passable, but the original is essentially perfect outside of wildly varying animation since it was produced over the course of what, 15 years?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
LoGH is the best paced 100+ anime I've ever watched.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

it's still kind of shocking to me that Pat and Woolie had no real idea what it even WAS

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
So is pat watching it too or is he still being pat about it

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Rodyle posted:

it's still kind of shocking to me that Pat and Woolie had no real idea what it even WAS

Refusing to watch or play something because someone told them to do it one too many times is BestFriends.txt

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Captain Invictus posted:

So is pat watching it too or is he still being pat about it

Still being pat because a friend pestered him to watch it for years so pat decided he'd never ever eeeeever watch it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Who is Eli? (Undertale stream 4) I barely even know who Billy is besides their editor.

havenwaters posted:

Still being pat because a friend pestered him to watch it for years so pat decided he'd never ever eeeeever watch it.

Pat's got way stronger fortitude than I do. You don't have to tell people that you're watching the thing. You can look to see why they won't shut up about it.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

havenwaters posted:

Some friend should start pestering Pat to buy more lootboxes

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

Who is Eli? (Undertale stream 4) I barely even know who Billy is besides their editor.

Pat's got way stronger fortitude than I do. You don't have to tell people that you're watching the thing. You can look to see why they won't shut up about it.

Eli is Plague's name. edit: Also that friend of Pat is an old internet friend from luelinks and he can be real annoying sometimes so it's just to spite him.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

RareAcumen posted:

Plague.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

havenwaters posted:

Eli is Plague's name. edit: Also that friend of Pat is an old internet friend from luelinks and he can be real annoying sometimes so it's just to spite him.

Huh, and here I thought his name was Plague. And that makes sense. I thought this was an issue of tons of people telling him to try [show] and thus he refuses to watch [show].

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

I mean several of us asked him to watch the show but only that one guy persisted and pestered him about it for several years. To the point of like @ing pat on one of their earlier twitch streams and pat yelling back at him on stream "god dammit <name> I'm not watching legend of the galactic heroes!!"

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

havenwaters posted:

I mean several of us asked him to watch the show but only that one guy persisted and pestered him about it for several years. To the point of like @ing pat on one of their earlier twitch streams and pat yelling back at him on stream "god dammit <name> I'm not watching legend of the galactic heroes!!"

Well that's a much more reasonable reason to refuse out of principle. Like how I won't sign up for a twitter account to post about nothing of value when I could just do that here.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Woolie's video on reboot is so good. What a fantastic show. Season 3 may be the best season of any kids show ever.

It makes the guardian code all the more disappointing.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Yeah I'm quite enjoying watching Woolie do a Super Eyepatch Wolf.

Guavatin
Mar 30, 2017

I think my tongues trying to kill me
Despite the early 3d, I personally really dig the character designs in reboot. Shame about the guardian code.

Reboot, for a split second made me remember CyberChase.

I'm blown out that this lasted til 2017.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Watching the Paige vs. Muffet fight(s) for the half hour or so it takes to get to the good part is totally worth it. :allears:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dexie posted:

Watching the Paige vs. Muffet fight(s) for the half hour or so it takes to get to the good part is totally worth it. :allears:

How can this be?!

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Underpaige finale is killing it so far.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Bah, I'll have to catch the vod.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'd love to see Paige play- less good- other game, Paper Mario the Thousand Year door. Being turn-based, perhaps every new attack won't be reacted to with 'Oh god, why'

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I want to see her play Doki Doki Literature Club with pat alongside for the ride, though he seems to know all about it anyways, that can be the best kind of copilot if done right(like the game grumps run)

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Dead to Rights is a loving travesty. I can't imagine how much of a boring slog this would be in the other version.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Captain Invictus posted:

I want to see her play Doki Doki Literature Club with pat alongside for the ride, though he seems to know all about it anyways, that can be the best kind of copilot if done right(like the game grumps run)

please no more doki doki club from anyone

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Nope, doki doki forever

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Foxhound posted:

Dead to Rights is a loving travesty. I can't imagine how much of a boring slog this would be in the other version.

I've been watching slowbeefs LP alongside this one. Imagine that, but with 1/3rd the health and worse controls. Slowbeef is an actual good player but considering how much trouble Matt had on literally the easiest possible version...

Also wow, the games quality really just dives off a loving cliff after that car sedan chase huh? Like the first bunch of levels are a bunch of cool setpieces and then suddenly the back half turns into "kill a room full of dudes who will spawn in random positions everywhere, last guy drops a keycard, repeat ad-nauseam".

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Matt refuses or forgets to use the slo-mo which increases his damage and makes him invulnerable.

It's kind of a big deal.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Tae posted:

Matt refuses or forgets to use the slo-mo which increases his damage and makes him invulnerable.

It's kind of a big deal.

What's that slowmo called 'cause if it's just him diving around and stuff he doesn't do that for the rest of the LP. They beat the game without doing that.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Guavatin posted:

Despite the early 3d, I personally really dig the character designs in reboot. Shame about the guardian code.

Reboot, for a split second made me remember CyberChase.

I'm blown out that this lasted til 2017.

:holymoley:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

RareAcumen posted:

I'd love to see Paige play- less good- other game, Paper Mario the Thousand Year door. Being turn-based, perhaps every new attack won't be reacted to with 'Oh god, why'

I think she's going to play Dragon's Dogma next? That might've just been a joke though. 4-hour streams are hard to keep track of.