Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

OldAlias posted:

I’ve had the issue along with a few others. It should work if you upload directly to imgur, might have to do with HEIF and their api

I have HEIF off, sorry I should have mentioned that. The imgr app is garbage and doesn't give me proper links so I guess I'll wait for an update 🤷🏻‍♂️

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Opening the image in Photos, tapping Share -> Copy, then going [img] -> Paste in the app always works for me

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Mad Wack posted:

please add airplay support so i can cast the forums to my television or computer

Sorry, lowtax bans webtv users

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I disabled pull to go next page, but that also takes out pull up to refresh for new posts?

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Sorry wrong thread.

But while I’m here, how are the emotes stored? Is there any way to look up the hundreds of hidden ones? Like yesterday I didn’t see redneck making :argh: face in the list.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Billzasilver posted:

Sorry wrong thread.

But while I’m here, how are the emotes stored? Is there any way to look up the hundreds of hidden ones? Like yesterday I didn’t see redneck making :argh: face in the list.

http://bit.ly/sasmilies is all I know of. : bahgawd : :bahgawd: is probably the one you're thinking of

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Woah that’s amazing, thank you

:coolfish:

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

kimbo305 posted:

I disabled pull to go next page, but that also takes out pull up to refresh for new posts?

Would also like a way to refresh but not have pull for next page enabled.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I guess it could see if the last post shown is 40 or not. And if it's not 40, allow a refresh pull to complete the page, and then lock you out.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
Does anyone else have an issue where the awful app will stop responding to touch at random? I think it mostly shows up in my bookmarks and I have to re-launch the app in order to keep using it. I’m on an iPhone X with the newest IOS if it’s helpful

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Pendent posted:

Does anyone else have an issue where the awful app will stop responding to touch at random? I think it mostly shows up in my bookmarks and I have to re-launch the app in order to keep using it. I’m on an iPhone X with the newest IOS if it’s helpful

I, too, get this occasionally on my iPhone 7+

Seekhay
Sep 11, 2001

College Slice

jivjov posted:

I also experience this. Pretty annoying little bug.

E: 8+ with all the updates, but it’s been going on for as long as I can remember.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Having an issue sometimes where I can't post at all through the app. I can hit reply in a thread and write out what I want to say, but as soon as I go to the preview and hit post the app just keeps looping back to the preview and nothing gets posted.

I'm using an iPhone 8 Plus on iOS 11.3 (GM not beta).

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Finally remembered to grab a screenshot of the grey box of doom.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Coq au Nandos posted:

i get this a lot and it doesnt go away until i close the app or it crashes, which it usually does shortly after teh grey box appears

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

I’m having a new bug that started today. When I quote someone, write a reply, and hit the preview button, the app formats the preview properly but the post button is still a preview button, and just shows the preview no matter how many times I mash it. If I cancel and go back to the thread, then hit the new post button, everything is still saved and I can hit the post button normally, and it works fine.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Diabolik900 posted:

Personally I think think every app should do what Tweetbot does: make it so tapping again returns you back to your previous position.

Is this including the behavior where it inexplicably scrolls down sometimes despite not being at the top

stuffed crust punk fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Apr 3, 2018

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Not sure if this has been brought up but the voting system is a little messed up. It's always one below what the actual score is.

I'm assuming while the website rounds it up by .5s, if the score is a 4.99 and below it's going to show a score of 4 on the app.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Request: add link to "posts from user" or whatever its called from profile like the website

Frog and Toad
Jul 31, 2008

Crime on a Dime posted:

Request: add link to "posts from user" or whatever its called from profile like the website

You can get this by touching their username.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

dismas posted:

You can get this by touching their username.

Not on iOS ? Screenshot? I dont' mea within one thread, btw

Seekhay
Sep 11, 2001

College Slice

Crime on a Dime posted:

Just tap the username, like so:

Seekhay fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Apr 3, 2018

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Pretty sure that only displays their posts within the currently viewed thread and not global posts.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Seekhay posted:

Just tap the username, like so:

i mean the link that's available on the website that links to the indexed posts from every forum the poster has posted in. Sorry if I didn't make it clear (i made it clear)

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Frog and Toad
Jul 31, 2008

Crime on a Dime posted:

i mean the link that's available on the website that links to the indexed posts from every forum the poster has posted in. Sorry if I didn't make it clear (i made it clear)

Crime on a Dime posted:

Ohhhhh sorry misunderstood

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Crime on a Dime posted:

Try using more than one sentence per post and maybe you won't cause so much confusion.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

getting a lot of this error trying to use the app, website seems okay though.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

baram. posted:

getting a lot of this error trying to use the app, website seems okay though.

Same issue!

E: if it helps, I can use the “go to Awfuls Thread” button and post through it fine but if I go to threads I have bookmarked, it gives me the error.

Diqnol fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Apr 5, 2018

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Same here, posting from iOS safari and it sucks so bad

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I’ve seen people reference it elsewhere. It sounds like a forums issue and not an app issue

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The forums are definitely having problems but it's way more pronounced on the app right now. I can't load Rowdy Ringsports at all without the error.

Edit: Emptying cache fixed it.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Apr 5, 2018

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I cleared my cache and the error stopped.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Comrayn posted:

I cleared my cache and the error stopped.

:same:

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Skeezy posted:

Having an issue sometimes where I can't post at all through the app. I can hit reply in a thread and write out what I want to say, but as soon as I go to the preview and hit post the app just keeps looping back to the preview and nothing gets posted.

This started happening to me yesterday, but it happens regardless of if I'm quoting someone or justposting.

E: I hit the back arrow in the 2nd image until it brought me back to where I can edit the post, and then just had the "post" button instead of preview.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
Gotta run but I'll get to everyone else later, so if you don't see a reply here don't fret!

Coq au Nandos posted:

It's just in thread view.

Cool, thanks. I'll +1 the issue, it's a known and common one so maybe I'll actually finish it someday!

Crime on a Dime posted:

Thanks devs for implementing past requests from me such as displaying the flags in fyad etc. Would it be possible to add a way to select pages of a sub forum, the way you can with pages of a thread? also are the archives available through the app?

You're welcome! I'll add that to the list, definitely trying to figure out a better way to handle pages of threads.

The man called M posted:

Is there something wrong with the App? I was met with the Login Page (No, I didn't delete and reupload the App) and couldn't log in when i put my username and password (I even tried sending a "Forgotten Password" request and entered that, but still, nothing.

IOS
Iphone 7

EDIT: Welp, either I’m a dumbass, or you guys fixed it (if it was me, the I accidentally had typed a capital when there shouldn’t be one :downs:)

Wasn't us, but glad you're up and running!

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Since the last update I can no longer upload images at all and get the message "The operation could not be completed. Protocol error (code 100)". I'm on the latest iOS on an iPhone 8+. Is this a known problem or is it the forums going through something?

As mentioned it's Awful doing something wrong, possibly combined with exhausting Imgur API limits. I'll +1 it on the list. Someday!

kimbo305 posted:

Yeah :( seemed right since (afaik) the main reason people turn it off is accidentally triggering it.

kimbo305 posted:

I guess it could see if the last post shown is 40 or not. And if it's not 40, allow a refresh pull to complete the page, and then lock you out.

The real fix is to make it hard to accidentally trigger the thing. I'd rather put the work into that than more settings.

Pendent posted:

jivjov posted:

Seekhay posted:

I also experience this. Pretty annoying little bug.

E: 8+ with all the updates, but it’s been going on for as long as I can remember.

Does the tab bar or anything else in the app still work in this case? Or is it completely unresponsive?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I can tab between forums view and bookmarks, I can even scroll up and down on the lists; but can't actually tap into a thread

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Skeezy posted:

MrYenko posted:

I’m having a new bug that started today. When I quote someone, write a reply, and hit the preview button, the app formats the preview properly but the post button is still a preview button, and just shows the preview no matter how many times I mash it. If I cancel and go back to the thread, then hit the new post button, everything is still saved and I can hit the post button normally, and it works fine.

Sorry about that, definitely affects a bunch of people. I'll +2 it on the list.

Coq au Nandos posted:

Yep that's the one. I'll +1 it on the list. Someday!

Over There posted:

Not sure if this has been brought up but the voting system is a little messed up. It's always one below what the actual score is.

I'm assuming while the website rounds it up by .5s, if the score is a 4.99 and below it's going to show a score of 4 on the app.

I was in there recently and thought I was tidying up, looks like I did a wrong. I'll take a look, thanks!

Crime on a Dime posted:

A good idea, will +1 it on the list!

jivjov posted:

I can tab between forums view and bookmarks, I can even scroll up and down on the lists; but can't actually tap into a thread

Thanks! That helps :)

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

jivjov posted:

That describes what I’m seeing as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seekhay
Sep 11, 2001

College Slice

Pendent posted:

That describes what I’m seeing as well

I think what I’m seeing is slightly different. Links stop working, sometimes if I do a “select all” and then deselect it, the links will be clickable again, otherwise furiously mashing the link leads to it trying to select the link as text, like so: