Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Kly posted:

chris loving sucks. dude is an incredibly insecure liar who makes up obviously bullshit stories in a pathetic attempt at validation. not at all surprised hes a mid-thirties creepy loser who has to live with his parents. the first laser time thing i listened to was Talking Simpsons then when i got caught up i checked out 30-20-10 and Laser Time and was bummed to find out he IS the "laser time network." everyone else in all those podcasts are better than him and they should all :sever:

i too like to write hate-fanfiction about podcast hosts like a very normal person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

sorry i dont like your self-admitted sexual assault drug addict podcast host

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Kly posted:

sorry i dont like your self-admitted sexual assault drug addict podcast host

keep having a regular one there my guy

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax

TetsuoTW posted:

i too like to write hate-fanfiction about podcast hosts like a very normal person
i don’t like that at all : (. I just wanna play video game and have fun, fun fun fun. My feeble mind can’t take all this politics and drama :saddowns:

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Yeah, we can probably expect Chris to be gone from Talking Simpsons from the sound of a remark on this week's advance episode.

They get to comparing this Christmas episode to the accidental pilot, all agree it's a better one, and when Barney having a girlfriend comes up, Bob's response is "nobody will talk about that anymore."

I would have put this in the TS thread but in looking up to remind myself it existed I found it was archived. Oops. I guess with VGA going on hiatus for now is there any other tweaking to the OP list I should do/are we due to burn this one down and start anew? I'm totally not saying that in case everything goes to hell over this issue.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

END ME SCOOB posted:

Yeah, we can probably expect Chris to be gone from Talking Simpsons from the sound of a remark on this week's advance episode.

They get to comparing this Christmas episode to the accidental pilot, all agree it's a better one, and when Barney having a girlfriend comes up, Bob's response is "nobody will talk about that anymore."

I would have put this in the TS thread but in looking up to remind myself it existed I found it was archived. Oops. I guess with VGA going on hiatus for now is there any other tweaking to the OP list I should do/are we due to burn this one down and start anew? I'm totally not saying that in case everything goes to hell over this issue.

Nothing major but some of the podcast descriptions need to be tweaked (like Dan no longer being on the Bombcast). I'd also put Important If True under "Loosely Related Shows" because I think there's been some IIT chat in this thread.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Also No Cartridge needs an entry

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
In the most important news.

https://twitter.com/Nelsormensch/status/980147087772823553

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
will any of the Thumbs be attending pax east this year? I got to meet Sean last year which was cool, but nobody else came. :(

excellent

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Captain Invictus posted:

will any of the Thumbs be attending pax east this year? I got to meet Sean last year which was cool, but nobody else came. :(

I'm pretty sure this was asked on the last Ruination Cast and the answer was "only Nick" if I recall.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I will meet the entire cast piece by piece I guess

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

I will meet the entire cast piece by piece I guess

There's no need to threaten them like that

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
Maybe I was wrong about the Laser Time kefuffle. It does seem strange that Chris has seemingly cut Bob and Hank out of his life. Hopefully it looks worse than it appears.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Old Swerdlow posted:

Maybe I was wrong about the Laser Time kefuffle. It does seem strange that Chris has seemingly cut Bob and Hank out of his life. Hopefully it looks worse than it appears.

Yeah, while I don't know what's going on exactly here I wound up just keeping my Patreon the same for TS and eliminating LT, mainly because Bob and Henry and have been pumping out great content (What a Cartoon is my new favorite podcast) and I have no clue really what the hell is even going on with LT. Outside of that bonus time episode (which clearly made things sound better/simpler than they are) there has been no communication really.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

do you even get anything for donating to the LT patreon? bonus time was the only thing i ever heard of and theyre dropping that

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
It was bonus time, movie commentaries and the first season of Talking Simpson’s and I think Talking Critic too.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
It has not been a particularly amazing set of rewards for a while because most of them were created by not-Chris. Matt Jay was doing animation commentaries with Chris but that's clearly over for now, Monday Night Movies were always, uh... not a particularly huge driver of the community, Talking Simpsons season 1, which, while still there, apparently, are supplanted by their own Patreon having them and more, and the last time anything else non-MNM/Bonus Time that doesn't fit the above was posted was November.

Which was wrestling-related since Dave was still around.

Also in doing this dive I realized that Thirty Twenty Ten's bonus episodes stopped around July and never resumed. gently caress. I think actually looking at what my money is getting me has just talked me out of dumping their Patreon until they figure out what the gently caress they're doing.

Old Swerdlow posted:

It was bonus time, movie commentaries and the first season of Talking Simpsons and I think Talking Critic too.

Talking Critic was never on the LT Patreon.

edit:

I don't know if I've ever heard a single credit/plug for these tiers.

claw game handjob fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Apr 2, 2018

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
LT has definitely hit some stumbles, Brett and Dave leaving put all of the burden on Chris and just don't think he was ready for that. Hopefully moving will help him focus. I don't mind throwing him $10 a month for LT, 302010, and VGA as is.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I just hope that Chris can find some new hosts soon because it was great when Brett and Dave were on because they brought their own wheelhouses and made 302010 and Laser Time extra special. Gotta say that as much as I like Chris and Diane, them alone makes for an okay 302010.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Hey everyone, I wish I had more to tell you about the Laser Time situation but I honestly don't know any more than you about the content plan. As far as I know, Laser Time and 30-20-10 will be the only LT podcasts for the foreseeable future (since a bunch of them are banked), while VGA is going on hiatus. Cape Crisis, VGMpire, and Cheap Popcast will continue to be dead. These are not my decisions to make, but I do wish Chris had been more forthcoming with these changes instead of announcing them at the tail-end of a free Patreon-hosted podcast that wasn't labeled as a special announcement.

The people he's worked with have had to answer for him since he's gone radio silent (no tweets from his account or the LT account in over a month), and in case anything bad happens, or if these future plans for Laser Time don't work out, I don't want myself or Henry or any of the other podcasters to look like we're complicit (since a significant portion of our audiences overlap).

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Is TS going to keep getting posted on the laser time page?

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Kly posted:

Is TS going to keep getting posted on the laser time page?

For the time being we have to post it there due to technical reasons but we're working on changing that.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

END ME SCOOB posted:

I would have put this in the TS thread but in looking up to remind myself it existed I found it was archived.

I decided to remedy this.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I didn't get to see Nick at pax and sadly I think I'm done for this year, especially after the commuter rail wound up malfunctioning and delayed getting home by nearly an hour and a half. I would love to rent a room at the attached hotel but it seems it's 350 a night there, which is absurd.

Still, it's a fun event, and anyone who can get the chance to go, should go. Everyone there is there to have a good time, and it's just great to be able to start a conversation with folks and pretty much no matter what you will find common ground in SOMETHING there.

Also Abby Russell held my sword and shield and the angle I saw her it was way better than this one, she can probably hide her entire body behind the vanguard shield lol, she's also just like a foot taller than the sword. I didn't realize she was so small!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Thank you Chris for the hard drive enclosure recommendation on the latest IIT. I just took apart a few old laptops to be recycled and pulled out all the hard drives for safekeeping, but had no idea what I was going to do to actually get at their contents. I'll definitely check out what you mentioned.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

So uh there’s some Thumbs / campo santo news. :stare:

Congratulations, y’all. Are you ready for a million jokes about the game never coming out? Will we get a glimpse behind the curtain? Will you have any Special Guests? What happens to the perfection of your (physical podcast) studio?

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Apr 22, 2018

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

NmareBfly posted:

Congratulations, y’all. Are you ready for a million jokes about the game never coming out? Will we get a glimpse behind the curtain? Will you have any Special Guests? What happens to the perfection of your (physical podcast) studio?
It's too late. They've already crossed the event horizon. We'll never hear from them again.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
A decade from now, the script for an eternally-unreleased Firewatch 2 is released as a pastebin, with all character names replaced with Thumbs hosts. Danielle pulls triple duty as the only lady.

Mr. Bill
Jan 18, 2007
Bourgeoisie Pig

FractalSandwich posted:

It's too late. They've already crossed the event horizon. We'll never hear from them again.

Remember when Brad Muir was on Twitter, before he was consumed by the Machine? :smith:

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Yeah that's largely my concern. The secrecy culture of Valve. If the Thumbs don't actually get affected by that they'd be an exception

Edit: to make this more positive, please have Brad Muir on one of your podcasts. We miss him. :)

Ever Disappointing fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Apr 22, 2018

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Tir McDohl posted:

Yeah that's largely my concern. The secrecy culture of Valve. If the Thumbs don't actually get affected by that they'd be an exception

Edit: to make this more positive, please have Brad Muir on one of your podcasts. We miss him. :)

Or better yet when you wrap up production can you smuggle Brad out when you leave, thx

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Fawf posted:

Or better yet when you wrap up production can you smuggle Brad out when you leave, thx
if they got brad muir in as a guest on the podcast since they'd all be in the same place, that'd rule. I miss seeing brad's happy smile on stuff.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

NmareBfly posted:

Glad they finally found a team to ship Half Life 3

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Captain Invictus posted:

if they got brad muir in as a guest on the podcast since they'd all be in the same place, that'd rule.

I mean, he is part of the greater Thumbs cabal.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Valve acquired them for the shining jewel of the IT network: Dota Today

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

NmareBfly posted:

Incredible news.

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax

NmareBfly posted:

quote:

In Valve we found a group of folks who, to their core, feel the same way about the work that they do (this, you may be surprised to learn, doesn’t happen every day). In us, they found a group with unique experience and valuable, diverse perspectives. It quickly became an obvious match.
lmao :jerkbag:

thark
Mar 3, 2008

bork
I'm actually curious what this is going to mean for the Asymmetric/VGHD guys since I believe they shared the CS office? (And recorded in the same studio.)

I mean, obviously this is not something that happened without warning and it's all been worked out already, but that doesn't help with my personal curiosity.

zapjackson
May 21, 2012

thark posted:

I'm actually curious what this is going to mean for the Asymmetric/VGHD guys since I believe they shared the CS office? (And recorded in the same studio.)

I mean, obviously this is not something that happened without warning and it's all been worked out already, but that doesn't help with my personal curiosity.

We're working on it. Really gonna miss the Campo folks, but we'll be fine, and now that we can talk about it we'll overshare every boring detail of our process with our characteristic lack of self-awareness.

VGHD is probably gonna be weird and noisy for a while until we can set up a more permanent SF studio space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

zapjackson posted:

We're working on it. Really gonna miss the Campo folks, but we'll be fine, and now that we can talk about it we'll overshare every boring detail of our process with our characteristic lack of self-awareness.

VGHD is probably gonna be weird and noisy for a while until we can set up a more permanent SF studio space.
Boring details of your process are the only reason I back the Patreon, to be honest. I don't really care what you have to say about video games.