Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Oh god. It is a loving progress bar. :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
It's not. It's an empty newsfeed section.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
no news truly IS good news

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Plom Bar posted:

It's not. It's an empty newsfeed section.

I think I almost find that funnier.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

oh hey this thread. Homestuck ever post an epilogue?

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Roach also mentioned in a now-deleted tumblr post that Toby is probably not going to be working on it anymore either.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Bilirubin posted:

oh hey this thread. Homestuck ever post an epilogue?

No.

They never even finished the Snapchat story

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

What the actual gently caress

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Hussie decided to stop tempting fate with a website named after defunct software owned by Microsoft and the world is not having it.

Tumblr is a loving shitshow of change.org petitions and calls for Hussie's head. I honest to god haven't seen Homestuck-backlash like this since Game Over.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
its a good move

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Yeah i saw that happen and thought "huh... so how do I get to problem sleuth"

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

ArfJason posted:

Yeah i saw that happen and thought "huh... so how do I get to problem sleuth"

You click on "Read" on the top there

Spellman
May 31, 2011

This post-Formspring world is not a world I want to live in

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Apparently they're changing things around to be HTLM5 compatible and moving to mp4 files and YouTube for the flash movies.

I'm slightly tempted to start a re-read cause it's been forever and YouTube compression will make all the old flashes look and sound worse.

I actually looked up one of the flashes movies from a bit ago last week and ended up reading for like, two hours. drat there's still good poo poo in this mess and I didn't even have to look for it.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

I am glad Cohen is gone. I want to hear anything at all from the Hussman though. Also, the pop-up ads suck.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

The pop-up ads are brutal and can't be adblocked. I would honestly be happy to make a one time payment to remove them, because reading through the Homestuck archive seems like a slightly less happy prospect now.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I'm still sad Hussie didn't make a callback to this in Homestuck. It would have been perfect for Lord English to do that with sub acts and then have John charge through act curtains to reach the end of the story.

I might have been poisoned by meta.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Doing a bit of googling I've learned Viz Media has a brand new gaming division now, which makes sense why they'd want to dissolve What Pumpkin Studios and fold it into that department. Which explains why everyone is now looking for work, they basically got EA'd out by Viz.

What is unclear to me is why they wouldn't keep the core staff around to ensure future chapters of Hiveswap remained tonally and content similar.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Scarodactyl posted:

Roach also mentioned in a now-deleted tumblr post that Toby is probably not going to be working on it anymore either.

That's a real bummer.

Clawtopsy posted:

Shelby and Cohen gone is amazing news.

Why's that? What were their roles? I can't say I'm really familiar with the What Pumpkin / Hiveswap team but Hiveswap was pretty enjoyable and felt like it hit that MSPA/homestuck tone just right.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Cohen was the head writer and Cragg was a big artist.

I could see if Hussie wanted to mix it up for Hauntswitch, but Hiveswap has three acts left so the finished product will likely feel extremely off.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

i'm glad we have clear communication so the fan community doesn't lose it's mind over rumors and speculation, that could get irritating

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Android Blues posted:

The pop-up ads are brutal and can't be adblocked. I would honestly be happy to make a one time payment to remove them, because reading through the Homestuck archive seems like a slightly less happy prospect now.

Oh, dammit.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Android Blues posted:

Can you do this?

https://twitter.com/PaulsRockinTwit/status/980900873785225217?s=19

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I'm running UBlock Origin and never saw ad one, that's odd.

Edit: I'm not even getting any ads when I turn adblock off. The only difference is the Hiveswap banner at the bottom works, which I guess UBlock thought was a malicious ad. :v:

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I would pay a healthy sum for an offline archive that doesn’t rely on Flash.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Rand Brittain posted:

I would pay a healthy sum for an offline archive that doesn’t rely on Flash.

Many of us already have

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Hussie actually made a newspost

Also some words from WP, there's a VN minigame coming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SclBsrWeF1Y

Who the hell knows what's even going on anymore but the fact that the VN is actually written by Hussie is nice.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

friendship simulator

i.e. social media

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

More details are emerging as more former team members weigh in. The latest, according to rah-bop (bg artist)

- The dismissals are layoffs due to "restructuring". So everyone's entitled to unemployment benefits.
- Act 2 is still moving forward and they're not planning on scrapping any of the work already done.
- The "Friendsim" is part of an initiative to get more, smaller games out while people wait for new acts of Hiveswap and, presumably, Hauntswitch.
- Rah specifically brings up the possibility that she may work on Hiveswap again in the future

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
What's, uh, what's hauntswitch

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Zeruel posted:

What's, uh, what's hauntswitch

2nd half of Hiveswap, after Hiveswap part 2. it also comes in two parts

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Kelp Plankton posted:

2nd half of Hiveswap, after Hiveswap part 2. it also comes in two parts

4. Hiveswap and Hauntswitch are four acts each.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

Plom Bar posted:

More details are emerging as more former team members weigh in. The latest, according to rah-bop (bg artist)

- The dismissals are layoffs due to "restructuring". So everyone's entitled to unemployment benefits.
- Act 2 is still moving forward and they're not planning on scrapping any of the work already done.
- The "Friendsim" is part of an initiative to get more, smaller games out while people wait for new acts of Hiveswap and, presumably, Hauntswitch.
- Rah specifically brings up the possibility that she may work on Hiveswap again in the future

where are people posting this, twitter?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Plom Bar posted:

You click on "Read" on the top there

Many thanks!

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

AriadneThread posted:

where are people posting this, twitter?

Tumblr is where I'm seeing most of it.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

This is very odd.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Samovar posted:

This is very odd.
Glad to see Hiveswap Act 2 is continuing in the grand tradition of Act 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
You haven't truly read Homestuck until you've read it in the original Flash.