Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
WN8 has always been worthless, but it's more than worthless now. You're getting such a high WN8 because you're playing what is effectively an unnerfed tier 8 light in tier 7 battles, but WN8 compares your results to all tier 7 lights which are by and large terrible.

the 13 57 is still great though, best premium I ever won

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Duzzy Funlop posted:

3k damage, high caliber, Radley Walters...yeah, 1st class, sounds about right.
First Game, First Win, Mastery Badge.

1,570 Spotting
1,659 Damage,
2 Kills

Must be a lot of shitters getting this tank because that's not a particularly stellar game for a Mastery Badge.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

RanKizama posted:

Must be a lot of shitters getting this tank because that's not a particularly stellar game for a Mastery Badge.

1200 base exp ace badge, meanwhile on EU I got 1400 base exp and 1st class. Yeeaahhhh....

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Hellsau posted:

WN8 has always been worthless, but it's more than worthless now. You're getting such a high WN8 because you're playing what is effectively an unnerfed tier 8 light in tier 7 battles, but WN8 compares your results to all tier 7 lights which are by and large terrible.

the 13 57 is still great though, best premium I ever won

Yeah, the move from comparing your tank against everyone else in the same tank to the whole tier is just stupid as some tanks are clearly better than others. Of course, we can also blame WG who couldn't be arsed to differentiate between old and new versions.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Yeah, I was about to say 'how the gently caress'? because I've been getting 2k damage games or 4k combined damage games in tier 8 and some tier 9 matches and it was barely enough for a 1st class.

I guess it's either because of EU and/or because my games so far have been in relation to the Stellar poo poo actual good players have been doing in this tank before the wave of pubbies bought the tank?

Someone explain those mechanics to me. Also the mechanics of gun marks, because I've never performed this well from the get go in a tank and still not reached the second mark. I got two marks in the T-34 and T-34-85 in less that 60-80 matches and those tanks have been around forever and are driven by millions of shitlo...aaaahhh, it's starting to make sense.

Still, someone explain that magic to me please.

And stop raining on my parade, Hellsau, I think I'm doing fairly well in that dumb tank, leave me be in my bubble of serenity :downs:

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip
When the XVM team took over WN8 a few months ago they switched back to a per tank model. You can look up the expected values on the XVM website now.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Valle posted:

1200 base exp ace badge, meanwhile on EU I got 1400 base exp and 1st class. Yeeaahhhh....

1480 earlier today and still a 1st class. Give it 2 weeks for the average to have been driven down a bit.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Got it at 50% after 18 games. Stopped there for the night after having to dish out 2,743 damage in one game to barely scrape out a win. Three-man platoons are fun in these.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

BadLlama posted:

The Object 430U shell cost's 20 silver less than the 140 and the 62a but does 120 more damage per shot. Russian bias within Russian bias confirmed.

The Russian Bias with the 430U is how *piss easy* it is to grind it. A Tier 9 with only a chassis and engine upgrade, and the chassis upgrade isn't even needed.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

2Jets posted:

When the XVM team took over WN8 a few months ago they switched back to a per tank model. You can look up the expected values on the XVM website now.

where do players get real readings now for a website, guessing wotlabs ?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

As distasteful a thought as giving WG money is, reminder that the AMX 13 57 goes off-sale in a touch over seven hours from this post.

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip

BIG HEADLINE posted:

As distasteful a thought as giving WG money is, reminder that the AMX 13 57 goes off-sale in a touch over seven hours from this post.

Its tempting but I still need to play 400 games in the BC12t.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

In a way, this game has devolved into hoarding OP premiums.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I'm still not exceeding what I have budgeted for the leisure subscription based games monthly.

lol at folks treating the game like it isn't subscription based

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Cardiac posted:

Yup. It started for me with WoWS when I realized I *really* didn't want to grind in that game.

I consider it a revenue-neutral move in a way. I never played my IS-6 and CDC, both of which were bought with WoWP award gold that I never spent, and once they do another blanket 15% discount on T8s, I'll be replacing them with the RAV4 and the T-54 Mod 1, both tanks I'll likely enjoy far more than the tanks I did away with.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Turmoilx posted:

idk i looked him up hes some noob with low battle count the best i can hope for is someday himself in my situation

i really hate how gun marks work, how devastating 1 bad battle can be (2% drop in some cases) which a 4k damage game may only make you go up 00.20% thats why its so frustrating if you didnt know before (at least for the amx 50 120 currently) ..and all it takes is one bored player to waste another team mates hours (5?) of work in a few seconds

Trust me, I know how you feel. Every time I get my KV-2 out to try and two mark it I get bumped way back in the first couple matches and have to work harder just to get it back to where it was

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

SocketWrench posted:

Trust me, I know how you feel. Every time I get my KV-2 out to try and two mark it I get bumped way back in the first couple matches and have to work harder just to get it back to where it was

Being on 84% and then getting ammo racked in the first minute of your next game.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Hey, want to see an obvious bot?

We ran into it on Redshire, it was in a CAX (3-5-7 MM of course) and was literally crammed against the red line and a building in the NW corner and refused to move until the end. It did 3 shots of damage.

Note that Cartoon is struggling to get <44% account WR on his statbadding account, and marvel at what this cuck has managed to accomplish.

36% in an E5 after 1.6k battles?!@?!? Yeah, that's pretty loving special. :jerkbag:

Hellsau posted:

Whenever I see a bot account like that I think someone set up a bot, set it to run a certain tank, and then died. Their bot keeps going on and on and on forever without them.

:smith:

If it makes you feel any better, if you calculate how long that bot's been running based on a range of per-battle times (e.g. from 6-15 minutes per-battle), if it's running 24/7 then it's only been like 1-4 months. :unsmith: But yeah, he probably died. Or at least I hope he did.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

In more 13 57 news, it's been a loving breeze today. I've been having so much fun that I've noticed I haven't even been getting angry at losses or my team making GBS threads the bed anymore. When the team implodes, you still casually do your 1200+ damage and you're happy.

Hell, I've been trying to engage receptive scout players on my team for actual, no-poo poo cooperation. Like this guy. We had secured the hill on Himmelsdorf, but poo poo looked bad for us and our team dropped a big ol' stinker in the bed, so I platoon invite him and tell him we need to use our mobility to evade, and dive on isolated enemy tanks. It worked out so loving wonderfully that I didn't even try to go for the BIA medal in the end, and instead asked our team to let him get his Pool's.
Our loving useless Tiger stole the kill, and I couldn't teamkill him because I still had 3 seconds left on reload. :smith:

I had a battle like that earlier today. I was in a Comet and did ~2k damage, and there was a 13 57 alive through the end spotting for me and he did 2.2k damage himself. We :hfive:'d at the end. :3:

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Bonus Neonazi that I got to remove from the game between his reloads :yaycloud:

Although I live in a country with a Nazi "leader," I was unaware of either of those references and had to look them up. Why are you so familiar with Nazi bands?!? :stare:

HFX posted:

Yeah, the move from comparing your tank against everyone else in the same tank to the whole tier is just stupid as some tanks are clearly better than others. Of course, we can also blame WG who couldn't be arsed to differentiate between old and new versions.

2Jets posted:

They did this because the original team was calling it quits and since nobody would be maintaining the values any more, they had to be left at the current generic configuration.

Cardiac posted:

This game has always been about hoarding tanks. :shobon:

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
anyone up for a e pen contest? heres the idea:

make new account play 100 battles and see who's account has the LOWEST WIN RATE

also spend a lot of time making the user name thats funny too

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Apr 3, 2018

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Turmoilx posted:

anyone up for a e pen contest? heres the idea:

make new account play 100 battles and see who's account has the LOWEST WIN RATE

do it on a tier 8 rental weekend if they still do those, platoon together, bam sub 30%

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

Hellsau posted:

do it on a tier 8 rental weekend if they still do those, platoon together, bam sub 30%

na they dont do those but i thought of something with platooning our names could be capital letters in a platoon of three to spell retard or something and just sit in the corner looking at eachother

player 1 RET(numbers)
player 2 AR(numbers)
player 3 DED(numbers)

i could be a master of this trade. got a 100% copy paste ticket response to no surprise not even a workers name these days i see but it was one of those "we may or may not have taken action" ones

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Apr 3, 2018

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

If you missed out on the 13 57, you can get the next best thing this week

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/premium-shop/collectors-gem-week-TOGII/

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Ace on 4th game. 1.2k XP seems a little low.

And a hard carry in the T110E3, watch as we carry while being outnumbered.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4274102#ruinberg-diehlan-t110e3

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Atomizer posted:

Although I live in a country with a Nazi "leader," I was unaware of either of those references and had to look them up. Why are you so familiar with Nazi bands?!? :stare:

I used to do contracting / freelance security work for heavy metal festivals back in the lovely days when NSBM and totally-not-nazi Nordic mythology bullshit started to slowly seep into the metal culture.

Our operational area was the identification of subversive guests through their attire, car stickers, tattoos, music, etc.

It was soul crushing at times because you'd have so many idiots ignorantly defending what they claimed to be was just "their adherence and reverence to Nordic mythology" when poo poo was straight out of RAC production lots.

I can still read loving Futhark almost fluently from those days.

On the upside, you got to punch Neonazis on occasion and got a pass by the cops.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

serious gaylord posted:

Being on 84% and then getting ammo racked in the first minute of your next game.

Eh, I just end up on a few teams where they just melt in the first minute or so and I'm left taking on half the team by myself. Then I stop playing. so I'm pretty sure my percentage isn't that great any more

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I'm still not exceeding what I have budgeted for the leisure subscription based games monthly.

lol at folks treating the game like it isn't subscription based

My gaming expenditure isn't nearly as low as when I was unhealthily addicted to WoW and only paying the monthly fee but it's still lower than when I wasn't playing WoT. I throw them a good chunk of change but it's still below what I used to pay consuming a AAA game or two a month and buying tons of Steam games I'd never play.

My blood pressure, however, is likely significantly higher.

Emnity
Sep 24, 2009

King of Scotland
Just hitting 2k games and dont have a single mark on a tank yet, but to be fair I do bounce between tanks a lot.

I am average at best, but is there some way to see your progress towards getting a mark? Also should I focus on one or 2 tanks over a 2 weekly period to achieve one or doesn't it matter so much?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

don't chase marks. it's bad for you.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Prav posted:

:yeah:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Prav posted:

This but also masterys, medals and in fact anything. Just play the game and you get what you get.

Also Push it to the limit 2, electric boogaloo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqRSa3ZjsM4

serious gaylord fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Apr 3, 2018

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

Just play the game and you get what you get.

this it folks

but also remember the realest poo poo ever said: aiming decreases DPM

Emnity
Sep 24, 2009

King of Scotland
I have noticed a lot of my snap shots are more successful than my aimed shots.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Ask me about how angry I got when some shitter stole my pools medal after I'd carried the entire game and he'd spent it camping in a loving bush on the red line and did precisely 2 damaging shots all game. To the artillery that was the last enemy tank.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
The trick to getting marks is to wait until they nerf the tank and then play a game in it to make the game recalculate your mark % with your old stats vs the new average!

Worked for my 304, I went from 85% to 97% in one game. Also worked for my T-34, although they didn't nerf it- the average quality of play for that week just went down so my rating jumped from 94 to 98% after one game.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Emnity posted:

Just hitting 2k games and dont have a single mark on a tank yet, but to be fair I do bounce between tanks a lot.

I am average at best, but is there some way to see your progress towards getting a mark? Also should I focus on one or 2 tanks over a 2 weekly period to achieve one or doesn't it matter so much?

Marks are dumb and useless, and also only apply to tier 5+ tanks AND if you aren't playing 100 battles in a specific tank then any additional battles just add % which feels silly.

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse
Since everyone usually just calls out tomatoes and bots here (including me :v: ), I'd just like to give a shout-out to this awesome dude:

South spawn on Prok and most of the team inexplicably lemming-trained the six line; no one went hill at all. (I was halfway over the tracks myself before I saw what was happening, but I bailed because gently caress if I was gonna take an O-Ho to the hill solo; that would not have ended well...). TrippleD in his 907 saw what was going on and turned right around and headed for the hill all by himself, where he proceeded to alternately spot the enemy's hill push for our six-line tanks to shred and completely wreck all of the enemy tanks who were faffing about in mid. Between spotting damage and actual damage he was basically solely responsible for wiping out 2/3 of the enemy team. Sadly, despite surviving his hill heroism completely unscathed, he took some damage in garbage time and then got finished off by the lone surviving zero-line-camping UDES just seconds before we popped it to end the game. :(

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

10k spotting. :holymoley:

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
So I just had a tier 4-6 battle from north spawn on Mines, where I went towards hill in my Skoda T24, shot some tanks and did some damage. Then I noticed a Chaffee behind me, rushing the TD hill. I planted a shot in him but then he got into cover, which was when I noticed our TOG II* was on TD hill. We did not win that battle. Said TOG did 119 damage. So I looked him up, had things sorted by battles (he's at 6.5k total) so his most played was the BT 7 Arty with over 400 battles and abysmal wr, and...lots of lowtier premiums and...wait a minute, let's sort by tier here. WAT.

Ladies and gentlegoons, I give you, the wallet warrior supreme:

So as you can see his highest non-premium is the T-43, and it apparently took him 228 battles in the T-34-85 to get that. Not sure why he wouldn't just blow some gold on converting free experience from all those premiums because holyshitwtf.

PS: Can anyone be arsed to rack up the cost of his premiums? He had more lower tier ones but I couldn't be arsed to post more screenshots. Notable is the PzII J.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

this game is free for us because of people like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

This but also masterys, medals and in fact anything. Just play the game and you get what you get.

Also Push it to the limit 2, electric boogaloo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqRSa3ZjsM4

As mentioned in that stream and one I thought about too. One wonders if the m41 90 will be released soon as well.