Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

little munchkin posted:

all of their dumb rear end assertations are based around the idea that how fast you solve a mazes or anagrams or whatever is directly correlated to how well you function in society

I think it mostly comes down to the fact that they secretly realize that Emotional Intelligence is far more important as your scope broadens, even for many highly technical tasks, and they find it revolting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Nathan Robinson posted:

We should be clear on why the Murray-Herrnstein argument was both morally offensive and poor social science. If they had stuck to what is ostensibly the core claim of the book, that IQ (whatever it is) is strongly correlated with one’s economic status, there would have been nothing objectionable about their work. In fact, it would even have been (as Murray himself has pointed out) totally consistent with a left-wing worldview. “IQ predicts economic outcomes” just means “some particular set of mental abilities happen to be well-adapted for doing the things that make you successful in contemporary U.S. capitalist society.” Testing for IQ is no different from testing whether someone can play the guitar or do 1000 jumping jacks or lick their elbow. And “the people who can do those certain valued things are forming a narrow elite at the expense of the underclass” is a conclusion left-wing people would be happy to entertain. After all, it’s no different than saying “people who have the good fortune to be skilled at finance are making a lot of money and thereby exacerbating inequality.” Noam Chomsky goes further and suggests that if we actually managed to determine the traits that predicted success under capitalism, more relevant than “intelligence” would probably be “some combination of greed, cynicism, obsequiousness and subordination, lack of curiosity and independence of mind, self-serving disregard for others, and who knows what else.”

StashAugustine has issued a correction as of 17:12 on Apr 3, 2018

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

posting on page 1111

I knew about 311 but 411? come on!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 30 days!)

Epic High Five posted:

I think it mostly comes down to the fact that they secretly realize that Emotional Intelligence is far more important as your scope broadens, even for many highly technical tasks, and they find it revolting.

The fact you have to be a sociable person with the kind of networking skills that allow you to pull projects together, directly undermines their ideal vision of a world that sucks their rear end for having a 115 IQ.

Everything would be fine if they could just live like a lab animal, constantly submitted to rote tasks over and over again in exchange for simple rewards - and maybe if they're lucky they'll even be allowed to mate.

slumdoge millionare
Feb 17, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

HEY NONG MAN posted:

I knew about 311 but 411? come on!

I'm going to need more info on this

content:https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/d35z5a/inside-the-alt-rights-violent-obsession-with-white-sharia-war-brides?utm_campaign=sharebutton

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

How many white nationalist goons do yall think there are https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3827471&pagenumber=76&perpage=40#post482748078

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
friendly reminder of who has ruled this contries Local Political sector for the past century!

https://twitter.com/feminiscience/status/981208918658600960?s=19

https://twitter.com/EPoe187/status/981187912191676417?s=19

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Thats definitely Powerball

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Uncle Wemus posted:

Googling the goddamn George liquor program and the first couple images feature panty shots of the high school girl characters and the 15 year old girl with her nipples poking through her shirt.
Yeah, the panty shots of the 15-year-old girl were what prompted me to ask. How could anyone ever have guessed that this guy was a creep?

Phobophilia posted:

arent the koch brothers funding prison outreach programs in an attempt to inculcate their ideology on a new population
Yes, and they're picking people affiliated with League of the South to do it.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

What a surprise that one of the forums where gamergate started has users that are also racist

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

doesnt that guy run a whole goon discord for people who think "political correctness has run amok(because I was made fun of for using slurs in another chatroom)!!!"?

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

420 Gank Mid posted:

doesnt that guy run a whole goon discord for people who think "political correctness has run amok(because I was made fun of for using slurs in another chatroom)!!!"?

y

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Chat for gamers

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Looking through that goon's followers, I didn't know fascist, pro-Pinochet transgender people were a thing, but I guess why not?

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Chat for gamers

I'll have you know that the goon mapgames discord is 100% antifascist

Wehraboos come at me

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Looking through that goon's followers, I didn't know fascist, pro-Pinochet transgender people were a thing, but I guess why not?

its powerball

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

fortnite seems like a game that would cause a lot of heated gaming moments

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

4chan retards come in all manner of delusional pathology, and they all play videogames for 6+ hours a day while fighting down their instinct to self-terminate

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Tias posted:

TBF a lot of fash in Europe are too stinking drunk not to gently caress up in public, which helps keep their unite and recruitment down.

In a lot of countries they get clattered for putting their heads up as well, which helps

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

the only thing sadder than Powerball's gimmicks (was a TERF before iirc) being elaborate attention seeking schemes would be if they were actually sincere

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
anime nazi alert woop woop

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

These are just the most non-creative people ever. Everything they use is stolen, co-opted, or just "original character" palletswapped from something established.

Crain has issued a correction as of 19:37 on Apr 3, 2018

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Indeed

Can I just say the whole scaremonger thing fails utterly when you say "we're headed to a civil war...or worse..."

As far as politics goes, Civil War is the bottom

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

How many goon gamergators were there?

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

why can't these brain damaged piss garglers just create their own loving mascot lol

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Rah! posted:

why can't these brain damaged piss garglers just create their own loving mascot lol

The only original thing to come out of 4chan in years was the Virgin Walk meme. All memes come from Twitter or Twitch now.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Nebakenezzer posted:

How many goon gamergators were there?

enough to the point that any thread that even mentioned a feminism would be drowned out by pages of posters attempting to pendant it to death or just kill it entirely by crying about the sjws

weirdly enough when the milo was revealed to be pro-pedophile and the anti-sjw people all became alt-right Nazis they stopped posting so much!

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Epic High Five posted:

Any high level job requires a huge amount of dealing with stressful situations where your ability to interact with people and hold a group together is just as, if not more, important than the task you were asking to do. And I say this as someone who has to manage techies.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

MizPiz posted:

What a surprise that one of the forums where gamergate started has users that are also racist

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

MysteriousStranger posted:

Any high level job requires a huge amount of dealing with stressful situations where your ability to interact with people and hold a group together is just as, if not more, important than the task you were asking to do. And I say this as someone who has to manage techies.
The thing is, the basic skill of being able to organize your poo poo and get poo poo done is neither emotional nor traditional intelligence, it is executive functioning, and many smart* people are notoriously terrible at it (like Einstein, who had trouble recognizing which apartment he lived in, or Paul Erdos, who had his mom cooking for him and doing his laundry until she died of old age).

* Especially for the "high IQ" definition of "smart," which is heavily skewed toward autistic people and others who are great at complex intellectual puzzles & memorization, but not necessarily great at much else.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Zikan posted:

enough to the point that any thread that even mentioned a feminism would be drowned out by pages of posters attempting to pendant it to death or just kill it entirely by crying about the sjws

weirdly enough when the milo was revealed to be pro-pedophile and the anti-sjw people all became alt-right Nazis they stopped posting so much!

Legend has it they still poo poo up the South Park thread.

... not that i would know anything about it..

Serf
May 5, 2011

one of the funniest things i ever witnessed here was the gamergate thread getting moved to d&d and watching them just slowly be ground down to nothing by like a dozen pedants with machine-like tirelessness

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i've said this before but i could never make sense out of the gamergate thread because i had no loving idea as to what the gamergaters were talking about.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
oh for gently caress's sake

https://twitter.com/Lavrusik/status/981259304408788993

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

i've said this before but i could never make sense out of the gamergate thread because i had no loving idea as to what the gamergaters were talking about.

It's proto-Trumpism. They have shorthands that dont mean anything but male themselves identifiable to each other

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

according to another YT employee, the shooter supposedly shot himself

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Twitch is cornering the market share!

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Dude whines about being cheated on to like 20 forums. He claims his girlfriend did it so she'd get positive reviews for her pet project game. Bunch of people begin white knighting for him and pretend it's about "ethics in video game journalism." The rest is interchangeable with the history of the alt-right.

Edit:

chitoryu12 posted:

Twitch is cornering the market share!

It would be so this reality if this is the first shadowrunner

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
so, alex jones nutjob angry about youtube's war on the right, or disgruntled employee

who wants to roll the dice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Serf posted:

one of the funniest things i ever witnessed here was the gamergate thread getting moved to d&d and watching them just slowly be ground down to nothing by like a dozen pedants with machine-like tirelessness
I regret that my pedantry and I were not here then. :911: