Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I think it's cheese curds like poutine

*Edit* what they said

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

sushi poutine. there is nothing sacred in this world

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
More like poo-tine

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

RaspberryCommie posted:

The powder is way better.

Like actual proper baked mac and cheese is leagues ahead but if I had to pick one, it'd be the neon death powder over Velveeta, which is basically just cheese colored salt paste.

I, I, I just don't understand. Growing up I always preferred Velveeta shells and cheese over the Kraft powdered stuff. I suspect it was because Velveeta was more expensive, so it was a treat vs getting Kraft fairly regularly. I still prefer the Velveeta over Kraft due to the fact that I don't need to have milk around to prepare it, and as a bachelor, there's been plenty of times that I don't want to take a sip of the milk.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Cheese at room temperature should not have the texture of velveeta. I bet the powder has more actual cheese in it.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
My friends used to eat chunks of Velveeta on Saltines at our sleepovers :barf:

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

would so loving hard

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Mu Zeta posted:

Cheese at room temperature should not have the texture of velveeta. I bet the powder has more actual cheese in it.

Eh, I'm ok with shelf stable cheese, because you're not supposed to eat it at room temperature.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

The only problem with that sushi poutine is that the gravy looks thin and the cheese isn't melty

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Seriously. That gravy is water.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Picnic Princess posted:

Seriously. That gravy is water.

People are water too if you think about it

OutsideAngel
May 4, 2008

Add one can tuna, one can peas, and two leftover Taco Bell hot sauce packets. Pair with Steel Reserve, the gnarly kind from the can. Welcome to university gourmet.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
You must be shapeless, formless, like gravy.

When you pour gravy in a cup, it becomes the cup.

When you pour gravy in a bottle, it becomes the bottle.

When you pour gravy in a gravy boat, it becomes the gravy boat.

Gravy can drip and it can crash. Become like gravy my friend.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Iron Crowned posted:

:captainpop:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
The best vegan, gluten free mac and cheese substitute from a box is Daiya.

It does not look good.

The rice pasta is oddly gray, and the cheese substitute paste is chalk white.

Tastes okay, though.

I'm not even vegan, I just can't eat much cheese because of delayed gastric motility. :sigh:

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

OutsideAngel posted:

Add one can tuna, one can peas, and two leftover Taco Bell hot sauce packets. Pair with Steel Reserve, the gnarly kind from the can. Welcome to university gourmet.

Steel Reserve goes with anything, but preferably keep it in the brown paper bag to hide your shame from the world.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Iron Crowned posted:

People are a stew

In a casing

Like a sausage

Development
Jun 2, 2016

jesus christ what kind of poutine joint would have cloth tablecloths

edit:

looooool, the quebeoise lady who makes that does a bunch of other weird poo poo. http://sushialamaison.com/a-propos/menu/

ah yes, maple syrup all over my cold as poo poo maki

Development has a new favorite as of 17:10 on Apr 3, 2018

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
People are xiao long bao.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

Development posted:

jesus christ what kind of poutine joint would have cloth tablecloths

edit:

looooool, the quebeoise lady who makes that does a bunch of other weird poo poo. http://sushialamaison.com/a-propos/menu/

ah yes, maple syrup all over my cold as poo poo maki

Making maple candy by pouring hot maple syrup in snow is definitely at least a Quebecois thing (don't know about elsewhere). That looks like it is some sort of strawberry fruit sushi so... would.

Development
Jun 2, 2016

Chin Strap posted:

Making maple candy by pouring hot maple syrup in snow is definitely at least a Quebecois thing (don't know about elsewhere). That looks like it is some sort of strawberry fruit sushi so... would.

my dude, have you ever had frozen rice? the maki needs to be pretty cold in order for the syrup to form 'tire'

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes

MariusLecter has a new favorite as of 18:08 on Apr 3, 2018

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

The Bloop posted:

People are a stew

In a casing

Like a sausage
The digestive system is an evolutionary small hop from skin, so humans are topographically donuts.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

zedprime posted:

The digestive system is an evolutionary small hop from skin, so humans are topographically donuts.

Topographical Toroidity is my band name

But yes, we are sentient meat donuts.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I've never been so aware that I'm basically a big tube as I am when I've eaten too many beans and I have a painful bit of gas bloat that I'm waiting to work its way through me.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Humans are sloppy burritos that have opened at both ends. Just spewing our filth around like so much drippy bean goo and shredded lettuce.

Somehow typing that made me hungry. I am a monster.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

The Bloop posted:

People are a stew

In a casing

Like a sausage

I prefer to think of myself more of a chili than a stew.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

zedprime posted:

use your differential geometry friendo
there are also involutions with high curvature despite being toplogically equivalent

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass
Somewhat related, can a Canadabro tell me what kind of cheese is usually used in poutine ?
Being french, I find the idea of fries soacked in gravy and topped with cheese revolting but I do want to try that if I ever go to Canada (unless it's Traditional Processed Dairy Product© imported from your weird neighbour)

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zanael posted:

Somewhat related, can a Canadabro tell me what kind of cheese is usually used in poutine ?
Being french, I find the idea of fries soacked in gravy and topped with cheese revolting but I do want to try that if I ever go to Canada (unless it's Traditional Processed Dairy Product© imported from your weird neighbour)

Cheese curds of some sort

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Zanael posted:

I don't know, but they are squeaky. The cheese curds make a squeaky noise rubbing against your teeth when you chew. So if you know of a squeaky white cheese curd, it's probably that one.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

heh that person doesn't seem to know that the pasta is an optional side dish

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable

Zanael posted:

I think mozzarella is used. At the very least the cheese is squeaky and creamy-tasting to contrast the gravy.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Zipperelli. posted:

Stay where you are. I'm calling the police.

What is with all the mustard love as of late? Mustard is so disgusting. :can:

Matt Hardy is that you?

Iron Crowned posted:

Bleach is healthy, it's mostly Water, and we are mostly Water, therefore We are Bleach

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Zanael posted:

quote:

In the cheesemaking process, the curds are placed in a mold and put under weight to drive the residual whey out and achieve a nice, tightly bonded wheel. Cheese curds are the loose particles or chunks of cheese that form after the curd is cut and drained, and before it is molded (or "hooped").

Looks like any cheese can become cheese curd.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Cakefarts Carol posted:

Looks like any cheese can become cheese curd.

The opposite is true. Curds form from cultured milk and rennet, and those curds will form into cheese. Lots of cheeses are made with curds with far too high moisture content to get you poutine-like curds.
The curds used in poutine look they're made with mesophilic cultures and cooked at about 100-105 degrees for a while. If you were to make cheese with it, you'd end up with Colby/Cheddar/Jack/Edam/Gouda etc.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Thanks for reminding me that Beecher's is two blocks away.

Dammit.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass
Thanks guys. I think I'll try to go to a canadian cuisine restaurant in Paris to try a somewhat close version in the near future. La Maison de la Poutine should do the trick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender