Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
Remember the kid who got decapitated by a water slide? They are throwing the book at the water park. Designer was picked up in Texas.

quote:

Schooley faces charges of second-degree murder, aggravated battery and aggravated endangerment of child. He is due to be arraigned, then sent to Kansas, the Marshals Service said in a news release.

Besides Schooley, two water park executives and two companies also face criminal charges related to the death of Caleb Schwab, who was decapitated in 2016 while riding what was billed as the world’s tallest waterslide.

The co-owner of the Schlitterbahn Waterpark, Jeffrey Henry, faces a second-degree murder charge, and the park’s former director of operations, Tyler Austin Miles, has been charged with involuntary manslaughter. The construction company involved in designing and building the slide and the Schlitterbahn park also face charges, according to indictments unsealed in March.

All five defendants are charged with aggravated battery and aggravated child endangerment for injuries suffered by 13 others, including four children, on the water slide before Caleb’s death.

Gobbeldygook fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Apr 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Well, they did just de-monetise a lot of people with gun fetishes.

Alt-right has been leaning heavily on the "YouTube is censoring the right by not allowing them to earn a living on their platform" lately, wouldn't be suprised if it's related somehow.

FCKGW fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Apr 3, 2018

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

Opa! Somebody used vodka to fuel drone and look, it got drunk like real postman.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Bip Roberts posted:

My favorite part of driving through the Australian outback is the sheer volume of roadkilled kangaroo gore coating the road.

We call that free range.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE-al0xSFJo

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Jesus,

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Someone edit in disappointment Putin from the robot ATV video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6LjKfs7MjYE

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
That'll show them that gun nuts are nobody to discriminate against!

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Gobbeldygook posted:

Remember the kid who got decapitated by a water slide? They are throwing the book at the water park. Designer was picked up in Texas.

Ahahaha GOD drat 2nd degree murder? These guys are scum bags but holy poo poo who pissed in the prosecutor's Cheerios?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Fabulousity posted:

Ahahaha GOD drat 2nd degree murder? These guys are scum bags but holy poo poo who pissed in the prosecutor's Cheerios?

It wasn't piss, it was the blood from the child of the prosecutors boss*

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Fabulousity posted:

To explain better, I think the kid was related to one of the lawmakers who voted to deregulate the standards that led to this all happening.

Would be one hell of a defense to throw the very lawmaker under the bus for allowing it.

Given this hell dimension, letting the lovely guy off with a slap on the wrist to own the lawmaker on top of the family-killing self-own would not be unexpected.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
I’m hoping for some sweet we won’t murder your children deals this summer. Schlitterbahn is awesome.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Fabulousity posted:

Do not let your pleb-wrecker dismember the heirs of the elites.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

KoRMaK posted:

It wasn't piss, it was the blood from the child of the prosecutors boss*

Which just goes to show you, absolutely nothing will get done, unless someone important gets hurt.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Fabulousity posted:

building a deathtrap slide and continuing to operate it in the face of escalating injuries that you work to hush and cover up could be argued as murder

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Fabulousity posted:

the owners purposefully hiding evidence and interfering with the investigation probably

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

They let a man with no design or safety training build a thing that kills a kid. And covered up a bunch of previous injuries that should have closed the ride.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Fabulousity posted:

In addition to the politician and covering stuff up, it seems quite possible the prosecutor consulted with a PE that wouldn't stop babbling about everything thats wrong until the words "murder" were spoken.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Fabulousity posted:

The slide was repeatedly injuring people (severely enough to include broken bones, not just bumps and bruises), and they not only failed to close the slide but they actively destroyed evidence and forced employees to falsify documents to hide the danger. They were perfectly aware that they were shoveling people through a deadly slide and elected to ignore it because money was more important.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Bombadilillo posted:

They let a man with no design or safety training build a thing that kills a kid. And covered up a bunch of previous injuries that should have closed the ride.

Its a crime that the slide got built but not the 30' zipline.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

What's the little side compartment?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Synthbuttrange posted:

I think it's for tools or a fire extinguisher.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Escape pod for his pet cat.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

You can see him slam from one side of the cab to the other.
Wear your seatbelts!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Synthbuttrange posted:

Its a crime that the slide got built but not the 30' zipline.

That zipline was built though, the goon asked for help when his test loads went flying.

Clearly he isn't qualified as an amusement park designer...

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Bombadilillo posted:

i was going to say "but enough about goon zipline dot txt" but was beaten to it

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

chitoryu12 posted:

The slide was repeatedly injuring people (severely enough to include broken bones, not just bumps and bruises), and they not only failed to close the slide but they actively destroyed evidence and forced employees to falsify documents to hide the danger. They were perfectly aware that they were shoveling people through a deadly slide and elected to ignore it because money was more important.

The indictment includes a lot of stuff about the water slide as a deadly weapon, because it was unsafe as hell and they knew it. Plus all the tampering with evidence and impersonating an officer and poo poo. They're a delightful bunch of idiots who I hope get nailed to the wall.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Is the ride still up?

Can they make them ride it?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJE6iFEEhvQ

:siren: obnoxious audio warning :siren:

There’s a shot of the guy holding a lit blowtorch between his thighs here but it uses Reddit’s rubbish video hosting so I can’t embed it.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Platystemon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJE6iFEEhvQ

:siren: obnoxious audio warning :siren:

There’s a shot of the guy holding a lit blowtorch between his thighs here but it uses Reddit’s rubbish video hosting so I can’t embed it.

Don’t those things pipe the exhaust out the blowing end?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Jet Jaguar posted:

The indictment includes a lot of stuff about the water slide as a deadly weapon, because it was unsafe as hell and they knew it. Plus all the tampering with evidence and impersonating an officer and poo poo. They're a delightful bunch of idiots who I hope get nailed to the wall.

Page 11 seems to indicate that they were playing roller coaster tycoon irl.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

VanSandman posted:

Don’t those things pipe the exhaust out the blowing end?

That one's battery powered.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Seriously that entire indictment needs to be inlined. The same raft was responsible for two injuries the same day as the kid was killed.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

chitoryu12 posted:

Also Google Maps is really good about correcting its route to save you time. On one road trip it suddenly has us turning off the interstate to take small, unlit country roads that nobody could have ever predicted to let us skip sections that were heavily backed up due to construction or accidents.

Sometimes I still need to tell my mom to stop fiddling with routes in her head and just use Google, because she always wants to turn off at some other exit and take back roads that she "knows" will get her there faster. Every time she goes against her GPS, she ends up stuck at endless red lights.

The day GMaps started routing me down all of my own hard learned cutouts was the I chose to put my unwavering blind faith in the machine.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

shame on an IGA posted:

The day GMaps started routing me down all of my own hard learned cutouts was the I chose to put my unwavering blind faith in the machine.

It learned those cutouts from you and now it’s ruining them by directing everyone and their uncle down them.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Counterpoint: I am about to tell them that the fire lane behind my apartment complex is not an actual road for the 3rd time.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Jet Jaguar posted:

:eyepop:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

shame on an IGA posted:

My day was when Gmaps routed me to the Marathon I usually use when driving to visit my sister and brother-in-law instead of the two I passed on the way to that one even thought I just searched "MARATHON" and clicked the first result.

I let Google navigate for me from now on. Also because it doesn't do that super bitchy "Recalculating" a lot of Garmins do.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I mean, its not wrong, but :drat:

Does anyone have a link to the indictment against the designer? That one has the murder charge.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

hobbesmaster fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Apr 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
I ain’t afraid of no Verruckt waterslide.