Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
I got a sneaky suspicion the Trivumulates were only for Gathering Storm, doubt we'll get any more of those style box-sets until the next big event.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

SteelMentor posted:

I got a sneaky suspicion the Trivumulates were only for Gathering Storm, doubt we'll get any more of those style box-sets until the next big event.

I got a sneaky suspicion that we'll be back to big events by the end of the year.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
After how insanely popular the last bunch were gw doing another round is an extremely lukewarm take.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

It's not like they aren't going to be doing more story arcs with returning Primarchs, after all. I did think it was funny that I was just complaining to some friends about how Ghaz should easily be as powerful as a primarch like Guilliman like a week before the rumors started around him. I was just complaining because I was jealous but hey :v:

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?
A little late but here is a side by side size comparison:

The goliath is about the right size for a trukk though. Slightly bulkier, slightly shorter.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

you cannot stop the Imperiuuuuugh

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Neurolimal posted:

you cannot stop the Imperiuuuuugh

I look forward to seeing what yarrick turns out like when the orks still think he can fight ghazghul when hes almost as big as a knight.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Artum posted:

I'm liking the increasing rumbling about Prime Ork Ghazghul, be so damned cool if that box in june was octarius.

I hope its Octarius, I might be a Chaos player at heart but I always thought the Octarius war was one of the most interesting conflicts in the setting and GW not exploring it more thoroughly is one of their greatest mistakes.

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains

Artum posted:

I look forward to seeing what yarrick turns out like when the orks still think he can fight ghazghul when hes almost as big as a knight.

Yarrick upgrades his looted Power Klaw to a looted Gorkanaut

.... Klaw

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

DancingShade posted:

Would you summarize 8th Edition as a blend of 2nd and 3rd core rules with the codex creep of 4th?

No, but I'd say it's the biggest change in the core rules since 2nd > 3rd. It feels like the first major leap they've taken in a while (finally stepping away from the WS and SvT tables, giving everything a T value, removing the hard cap of 10 from all stat values, reintroducing movement values, variable damage and modifiers) while still remaining familiar to people that played 6th and 7th. What really killed 7th for me was Formation creep, but 8th seems to be mostly avoiding this after the change of management at the top. I really enjoy CP as a meta resource, it generally encourages some creativity in list building and allows armies to get additional flavor via stratagems and ways to generate or reclaim CP. They've been a bit restrained with Stratagems from launch but now with Necrons and DE they've finally realized they can do some really interesting things with them that add life to an army outside of point costs and unit slots. It's by no means perfect but between all that and relatively frequent FAQs and balance passes I get the feeling that for the first time in a long-rear end time they're actually trying to make a good game.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Artum posted:

clearly yarrick using his superior intellect will start convincing orks around him that he is also as big as a knight. and so it shall come to be.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Love your beer sheets and I'd donate more $'s to your charity for a good 40k model.

Here's a neat Drukhari one: https://drive.google.com/file/d/19PR09MaEcTEELLDEs3xU2REVrVG6YTTB/view

Challenge accepted. Eventually.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Chance II posted:

A little late but here is a side by side size comparison:

The goliath is about the right size for a trukk though. Slightly bulkier, slightly shorter.

The battlewagon is far, far too narrow. I cut mine in half and widened them by half an inch and they look great.

Science Rocket
Sep 4, 2006

Putting the Flash in Flash Man

Artum posted:

The solution has been around for a while now. The Fortress of Arrogance

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Im kind of disappointed that the Necron codex said so little about the Necron response to the current state of the galaxy. The tyranids got Hive Fleet Kronos, the Tau got the Startide Nexus and the Necrons got a fluff blurb about Imotekh engaging in some ongoing battles with daemons and thats it.

Im not super upset about it, but I hoped for more.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Booley posted:

I got a sneaky suspicion that we'll be back to big events by the end of the year.

Agreed. We should be up to date with all the codexes before Christmas, I’m betting.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

AnEdgelord posted:

Im kind of disappointed that the Necron codex said so little about the Necron response to the current state of the galaxy. The tyranids got Hive Fleet Kronos, the Tau got the Startide Nexus and the Necrons got a fluff blurb about Imotekh engaging in some ongoing battles with daemons and thats it.

Im not super upset about it, but I hoped for more.

Same. They don't really seem to have any overarching race goal, which could totally be cool and lead to a bunch of neat lord-specific faction stories (Trazyn's quest to loot everything, Imotekh recreating the anti-chaos pylons, a necron pirate group that plunders because they are facing an existentialist crisis and have no idea what to do after gaining sentience and crippling their slavemaster-gods) without necessarily stepping on the toes of other factions.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
I think I'm gonna bench my redemptor for now after suffering its incompetence for like 8 months, it's a giant expensive fire magnet who isnt as cool as my contemptor and I can take more other things instead too.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Zuul the Cat posted:

Agreed. We should be up to date with all the codexes before Christmas, I’m betting.

There will likely be a few new codexes in the mix as well, AoS keeps dropping hints about the return of Slaanesh and if Slaanesh follows the same release pattern as Tzeentch and Nurgle we'll see Emperor's Children before we see Slaanesh Daemons.

Thats not even considering the repeated references to the Hrud that keep showing up in codex timelines or the handful of Fallen and World Eaters rumors.

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013

Zuul the Cat posted:

The Tau guy who leaked dates and info on the custodies/Tau/necron/delder codices said that Orks had a massive release at christmas implying it was with the codex, everything else the guy said was true so yeah. :shrug:

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

AnEdgelord posted:

There will likely be a few new codexes in the mix as well, AoS keeps dropping hints about the return of Slaanesh and if Slaanesh follows the same release pattern as Tzeentch and Nurgle we'll see Emperor's Children before we see Slaanesh Daemons.

Thats not even considering the repeated references to the Hrud that keep showing up in codex timelines or the handful of Fallen and World Eaters rumors.

Hrud would honestly get me playing xenos, an army of spooky bugmen who cause reality to break down when too many of them are in one spot is so loving cool.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

R0ckfish posted:

The Tau guy who leaked dates and info on the custodies/Tau/necron/delder codices said that Orks had a massive release at christmas implying it was with the codex, everything else the guy said was true so yeah. :shrug:

The recent rumors I was hearing said summer. I hope they don't wait until Christmas for the Ork book. :(

Edit: If it's Christmas that's like 8-10 other Codexes to release before then if they keep going at the same rate they have been, which would be hilariously cruel to a major faction.

LifeLynx fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Apr 4, 2018

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Have there been any rumors on when the new Kill Team is going to be released?

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Technowolf posted:

Have there been any rumors on when the new Kill Team is going to be released?

There’s going to be a new Kill Team?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Endman posted:

There’s going to be a new Kill Team?

Yup!

With a bunch of new terrain to boot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwCOrz4oEo

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

SteelMentor posted:

Yup!

With a bunch of new terrain to boot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwCOrz4oEo

:stare:

Sign me the gently caress up

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Endman posted:

:stare:

Sign me the gently caress up

Yeah, I think that's what my plastic Sisters force is going to be.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I was being sincere you dick. It's awesome that these weighted models are so easily accessible.

Sorry, it's hard to tell sometimes.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Technowolf posted:

Yeah, I think that's what my plastic Sisters force is going to be.

I’ve got like 4 small forces I want to start for this. Its just so much easier to get started when the buy-in is like a box of troops.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Pendent posted:

I’ve got like 4 small forces I want to start for this. Its just so much easier to get started when the buy-in is like a box of troops.

Exactly

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Got 20 Skitarii Rangers and a Tech-Priest Dominus for 50 bucks off e-bay, so I guess that's what I'm doing now.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Pendent posted:

Yeah, I'm going to start so many different armies for kill team just to curb my painting itches. They'll all be in power armor though. Except maybe kasrkin.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Booley posted:

Yeah, I'm going to start so many different armies for kill team just to curb my painting itches. They'll all be in power armor though. Except maybe kasrkin.

gently caress yeah Kasrkin. One of the Admech players at my local store (that I otherwise find tiresome and unfunny) gave me a couple of his old Kasrkin minis from the mid-90s because he's literally never played guard in 25 years and didn't want them collecting dust.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Got 20 Skitarii Rangers and a Tech-Priest Dominus for 50 bucks off e-bay, so I guess that's what I'm doing now.

:getin:

I got my Cawl sprayed with Leadbelcher that I thinned and sprayed on with a cheap airbrush. I've gotten all the gold accents done, and have painted the robes and shaded. Now I just have tons of detail to do. I'm so ready to reroll all the dice.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Booley posted:

Kill Team will be the impetus I needed to finally grab the Start Collecting: Tempestus Scions box among other things.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Strobe posted:

gently caress yeah Kasrkin. One of the Admech players at my local store (that I otherwise find tiresome and unfunny) gave me a couple of his old Kasrkin minis from the mid-90s because he's literally never played guard in 25 years and didn't want them collecting dust.

They're so expensive on ebay though. I have a handful kicking around, but probably not enough to build an actual squad.

Pendent posted:

Kill Team will be the impetus I needed to finally grab the Start Collecting: Tempestus Scions box among other things.

I don't really care about scions, old metal kasrkin are where it's at.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Booley posted:

They're so expensive on ebay though. I have a handful kicking around, but probably not enough to build an actual squad.

I don't really care about scions, old metal kasrkin are where it's at.

He didn't ask for anything in return, but I definitely owe him one. I've got another dozen or so coming in the mail hopefully in a couple weeks, and then I'll have a squad worth mentioning. Just need some list building material for Kill Team 8th to sink my teeth into.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Strobe posted:

He didn't ask for anything in return, but I definitely owe him one. I've got another dozen or so coming in the mail hopefully in a couple weeks, and then I'll have a squad worth mentioning. Just need some list building material for Kill Team 8th to sink my teeth into.

I seem to have 1 plasma, 1 melta, 1 grenade launcher and 3 hellguns. I might have some more down in my storage bins. Hopefully once we get some info on list building I'll be able to look at what all I'd need. Probably some rtv silicone and resin, since I'm not real excited at paying $25 for a single plasma gunner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DotyManX
Aug 9, 2004
Yeah I drive a minivan, big deal, wanna fight about it?
Had my first official game tonight, 1500 points death guard vs blood angels. Got started late and had to quit halfway since the store was closing but I really enjoyed it. Highlight for me was my lord of contagion tanking both Mephiston and a black rage flying captain with super thunder hammer relic, and then immediately killing Mephiston.