Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Broshevik
Mar 25, 2011

No Pain

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
ty cobb, the baseball player, used to buy a quart of milk for breakfast each day, drink half of it, fill it back up with bourbon and drink the rest

at his funeral they had to hire pall bearers because he had no friends. none of his teammates attended.

oh, he was also hugely racist and once jumped into the stands to knife a fan to heckled him saying his mother slept with a black man

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Thank

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Philthy posted:

Where are you looking, I only see Dallet down by 12% with 6% reporting in. Looks like Beloit.

https://decisiondeskhq.com/news/wisconsin-supreme-court-election/

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

Philthy posted:

Where are you looking, I only see Dallet down by 12% with 6% reporting in. Looks like Beloit.
https://projects.jsonline.com/news/2018/4/3/april-2018-wisconsin-election-results.html

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

meme is a loving meaningless word now and I'M MAD ABOUT IT

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

This is so loving bad.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Joementum posted:

ty cobb, the baseball player, used to buy a quart of milk for breakfast each day, drink half of it, fill it back up with bourbon and drink the rest

at his funeral they had to hire pall bearers because he had no friends. none of his teammates attended.

oh, he was also hugely racist and once jumped into the stands to knife a fan to heckled him saying his mother slept with a black man

truly america's sport :911:

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/TheBrometheus/status/980823831383363585

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Joementum posted:

Googled this maniac and....

Cobb circa 1918
As Smithsonian magazine stated, "Violent confrontations were a recurring theme in Cobb's life."[15] He is thought to have committed several violent assaults during his playing time. Reported victims of his sudden uncontrollable rages through the years included a black groundskeeper who attempted to shake Cobb's hand, along with his wife, though this story (see above) is now considered dubious at best; as well as a handicapped fan. As he attacked the handicapped man, "someone screamed for Cobb to stop, pointing out that the man had no hands. 'I don't care if he has no feet!' Cobb yelled back, stomping [the handicapped man] until park police pulled him off."[15] Cobb reported in his autobiography that the handicapped man incurred Cobb's ire by speaking on his mother's "color and morals".

Five years after Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier, Cobb publicly supported blacks and whites playing baseball together, adding, "Certainly it is okay for them to play. I see no reason in the world why we shouldn't compete with colored athletes as long as they conduct themselves with politeness and gentility. Let me say also that no white man has the right to be less of a gentleman than a colored man; in my book that goes not only for baseball but in all walks of life."[15] Using even stronger language, Cobb told the Sporting News in 1952 that "the Negro should be accepted and not grudgingly but wholeheartedly."[138] In 1953, black newspapers cited his praise for Brooklyn Dodgers' catcher Roy Campanella, who Cobb said was "among the all-time best catchers" in baseball.[139] Following Campanella's accident that left him paralyzed, the Dodgers staged a tribute game where tens of thousands of spectators silently held lit matches above their heads. Cobb wrote the Dodgers owner to show appreciation "for what you did for this fine man".[140] Cobb also stated that Willie Mays was the "only player I'd pay money to see".[140] In the obituaries that ran in the black press following Cobb's death, he was praised for "[speaking] in favor of racial freedom in baseball". [141]

Some historians, including Wesley Fricks, Dan Holmes, and Charles Leerhsen have defended Cobb against unfair portrayals of him in popular culture since his death. A noted case is the book written by sportswriter Al Stump in the months after Cobb died in 1961. Stump was later discredited when it became known that he had stolen items belonging to Cobb and also betrayed the access Cobb gave him in his final months. As a result of the movie Cobb which starred Tommy Lee Jones, there are many myths surrounding Cobb's life, including one that he sharpened his spikes to inflict wounds to opposing players.[142] Leerhsen's book Ty Cobb: A Terrible Beauty presents primary evidence in contradiction to some of the more negative charges against Cobb.[18]

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Joementum posted:

i think it's important to remember here that trump's lawyers are bad and dumb

I think they are more subservient than dumb. They are willing to do whatever Trump tells them to do, for the right price.

I've known men like Trump. They don't care what's right or legal, they just want poo poo done their way and they find people who will kowtow to their demands.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

turmp

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Rah! posted:

lmao trump has no idea what hes doing lmao keep going trimp cmon dont stop

i hope every dumb bitch who exports to china and voted trump goes broke

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Evil_Greven posted:

This is so loving bad.

Yeah, that should have been "shoot first and think never" because this country is loving terrible.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
so. much. winning.
https://twitter.com/DecisionDeskHQ/status/981346071975727104

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Cobb's racism is actually one aspect of his personality that may have been a bit overrated. If I remember correctly he came out publicly for integrating baseball when it wasn't popular to do it. Huge rear end in a top hat though, and yea probably also garden variety racist circa 1915.

Edit: drat, beaten with quotes even

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

trumpthread should I get Elite Dangerous on sale for like $12?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

radical meme posted:

I think they are more subservient than dumb. They are willing to do whatever Trump tells them to do, for the right price.

I've known men like Trump. They don't care what's right or legal, they just want poo poo done their way and they find people who will kowtow to their demands.

possibly true for some of the people he's hired, but ty cobb and michael cohen are complete morons

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

GrimGypsy posted:

Yes, but don't expect to get into combat action super fast. The bulk of the game is exploring and trading, and those parts are p good

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

GrimGypsy posted:

in my opinion

it is time

to game

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

please quit doxxing that dick's! thumbtack ads

Dingwick
May 3, 2007

This is always the highlight of my day.

GrimGypsy posted:

go space

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Nichael posted:

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

buy the star citizen completionist pack for $12,500 (best value)

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Joementum posted:

if they gave trump an enema he could be carried in a matchbox :haw:

Blatzmobile
Nov 1, 2012

This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it.

Golly Gee! I'm surprised! I thought Wisconsin was going to be Chudville, Walkastan for a while.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Solarin posted:

buy the star citizen completionist pack for $12,500 (best value)

no way

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
so all hillary probably had to do to win wisconsin is show up lol

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Blatzmobile posted:

Golly Gee! I'm surprised! I thought Wisconsin was going to be Chudville, Walkastan for a while.

This was just a special election

It's the extra special ones you gotta look out for because Wisconsin gets real fuckin dumb

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Joementum posted:

possibly true for some of the people he's hired, but ty cobb and michael cohen are complete morons

If that's true, then it's a good thing. That poo poo will gently caress you up in the end.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Basebf555 posted:

Oh poo poo you somehow knew the one guy I hate more than Trump!

gently caress that Russo put out good television when he had someone to save him from himself

still, when he didn’t, hoo boy

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

lol the us

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

boop the snoot posted:

so all hillary probably had to do to win wisconsin is show up lol

Holy poo poo it's like instead of sassy white savior she was a garbage fire who believed she was owed the loving presidency

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

God I hope this holds. I want Walker and Ryan to have panic attacks for the rest of their terms.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

FAUXTON posted:

Holy poo poo it's like instead of sassy white savior she was a garbage fire who believed she was owed the loving presidency

tbh when the republicans nominated trump even i thought i was owed the presidency in comparison

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

juche avocado posted:

players02@ hotmail dot com

lol was players 01 taken

let's be honest here

getting players02 is no easy feat

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

Blatzmobile posted:

I read an article earlier today with a lot of voters being motivated by the NRA backing of Screnock to get out and vote for Dallet. One said something like, "I can't imagine supporting someone who has the backing of the NRA."

Blatzmobile
Nov 1, 2012

This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it.

FAUXTON posted:

This was just a special election

It's the extra special ones you gotta look out for because Wisconsin gets real fuckin dumb

Also, got to throw in the snow and hungover after opening day wildcard.

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Nichael posted:

mee-mee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?