Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
Just started playing again last week. Should I stock up on ambrosia, or are prices going to be stable despite the double exp? I'm assuming at least the 50% ambrosia is worth the price, is that correct?

Also can I get an invite on EU, @Falzed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

So I'm finally playing through the zone quests to get caught up on the story for Summerset. From what I understand, Summerset is looped into a Orsinium/Morrowind story thread, right? My goal to prepare is to finish AD quests>Orsinium>Morrowind>Summerset. Is that a good order for getting caught up on story?

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Hakarne posted:

So I'm finally playing through the zone quests to get caught up on the story for Summerset. From what I understand, Summerset is looped into a Orsinium/Morrowind story thread, right? My goal to prepare is to finish AD quests>Orsinium>Morrowind>Summerset. Is that a good order for getting caught up on story?

I think Clockwork City comes after Morrowind.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Is there a good summary of the story thread so far because I really don't remember how Orsinium ties in

Also it feels a bit churlish to speculate already but I wonder what expansion 3 will be. I'm assuming a Daggerfall zone but I feel like we've already covered all the interesting ones

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Jew it to it! posted:

Could I get an invite @Atrunin please?

Lamer posted:

Anyone inviting? @Payat

dirigible stew posted:

i'm having a good time in this game, please invite if anyone can @nnjrs

Jibo posted:

If I could get a guild invite that would be swell. @TheJibo

Hipster Occultist posted:

Could I get an invite on @korva1397
Invites sent.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Is there a good summary of the story thread so far because I really don't remember how Orsinium ties in

Also it feels a bit churlish to speculate already but I wonder what expansion 3 will be. I'm assuming a Daggerfall zone but I feel like we've already covered all the interesting ones

After Orsinium the prophet just shows up and is like, "yo, you're going to be needed soon on Vvardenfel. You won't ever see me again, btw"

It doesn't tie together neatly. If you wanted to skip Orsinium you could.

The only thing we haven't had access to close to Daggerfall is the Isle of Balfiera, but I think that just has the ur-tower on it (it's been a long time since I last played Daggerfall).

My hope is that they keep filling in the map until we have Arena II, basically.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
Can anyone give a summary on what dailies need to be done to get the most out of the anniversary event. I have one CP160 character and 3 lowbies. My guess is that it's the event daily on all four characters and an undaunted daily on the CP160 guy. Am I right?

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
As I understand it you get a box for every daily done during the event, so if you wanted to get the absolute most out of it you'd need to do 50 dailies on all characters. Obviously that's crazy.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

MoraleHazard posted:

Can anyone give a summary on what dailies need to be done to get the most out of the anniversary event. I have one CP160 character and 3 lowbies. My guess is that it's the event daily on all four characters and an undaunted daily on the CP160 guy. Am I right?
Morrowind Dailies, Clockwork Dailies, Orsinium Dailies, Craglorn Dailies, Crafting Writs, Gold Coast Dailies, Thieves Guild Heist, Dark Brotherhood instanced murder mission, Fighters Guild Dailies, Mages Guild Dailies

We should get a goon swarm going for some of them (Craglorn and Orsinium at the very least). And we can share some (gold coast, clockwork, morrowind, orsinium) and get even MORE boxes!

And then Aramek has like every motif except for some morrowind stuff, so everyone should send ME their motifs, @dromalphrenia, the hot young max-crafter with a heart of gold!

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
Except for Worm Cult. I claim those. :getin:

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

dromal phrenia posted:

Morrowind Dailies, Clockwork Dailies, Orsinium Dailies, Craglorn Dailies, Crafting Writs, Gold Coast Dailies, Thieves Guild Heist, Dark Brotherhood instanced murder mission, Fighters Guild Dailies, Mages Guild Dailies

We should get a goon swarm going for some of them (Craglorn and Orsinium at the very least). And we can share some (gold coast, clockwork, morrowind, orsinium) and get even MORE boxes!

And then Aramek has like every motif except for some morrowind stuff, so everyone should send ME their motifs, @dromalphrenia, the hot young max-crafter with a heart of gold!

haha; sounds like a plan. I'll send you the ugly motifs I don't like.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
Speaking of Worm Cult motifs, I got the gloves from the first box I opened :toot:

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Staltran posted:

Speaking of Worm Cult motifs, I got the gloves from the first box I opened :toot:

Same, but boots instead of gloves.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I hope I at least get the hat. The hat looks cool from the screens.

Autoexec.bat
Dec 29, 2012

Just one more level
I recently got into the game and I'm pretty sure my character is terrible so if I could get a guild invite and some guidance it would be appreciated. @Kathrex

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Just started playing and I’m looking for a guild invite @TheParkerLewis, thanks!

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Can I get a guild invite on NA? Ingame name Stefanprodan

edit: Oh, I'm on PS4, are they not all connected? Well if there's a PS4 thing add me haha

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Apr 5, 2018

Tupac shot Cobain
Jul 4, 2003

Are there any active Xbox guilds? I've been tooling around with this again and wouldn't mind tagging along some dungeons.

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011
So somehow, I still play ESO on PC.... Guess the character name (left side of this post). Any pvp guilds (lol pvp) recruiting?

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Cpt Soban posted:

So somehow, I still play ESO on PC.... Guess the character name (left side of this post). Any pvp guilds (lol pvp) recruiting?
A decent portion of the goon guild is active in PvP and we have a PvP auto-invite if you say "swag69" in guild chat.

I'm not sure if the PVPers participate in a separate pvp guild but hanging out and killing people with them will probably answer that question.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

@Magmarashi if we're getting ginvite waves in, got the itch to play again, currently tooling around Morrowind

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
Only one Worm Cult motif on the first day of the event, but I got about 200K worth of motifs to sell. :toot: Not a bad start!

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

dromal phrenia posted:

A decent portion of the goon guild is active in PvP and we have a PvP auto-invite if you say "swag69" in guild chat.

I'm not sure if the PVPers participate in a separate pvp guild but hanging out and killing people with them will probably answer that question.

We are no longer part of any outside pvp guild because most if not all pvp guilds in this game are zerging trash cans that think hitting an empty keep is "good pvp"

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Beefeater posted:

Only one Worm Cult motif on the first day of the event, but I got about 200K worth of motifs to sell. :toot: Not a bad start!

GIVE TO GOONS AAAAAAAAA :rant:

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I barely did any Jester's Festival yet somehow ended up with two Dubious Camoran Throne recipes, so, uh, I'm gonna be extra generous with my duplicate motifs from this event.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
I like crafting for some unknown reason so I will be keeping all my motifs!

Unless I get extras in which case I dunno I'll give to goons or something, I haven't thought too hard on this.

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
This is the only MMO I've played that I actually really like the crafting, so I keep all of the motifs I don't know as well. Plus the outfit system has me in a "I MUST KNOW THEM ALL" mentality.

dromal phrenia posted:

GIVE TO GOONS AAAAAAAAA :rant:

It was a Buoyant Armiger motif - I couldn't say no to a barrel full of gold. :cry:

Any others that I don't need shall be donated to a goon in need!

Dumbfire Rocketman
Jul 30, 2009

a drunk european baby
is putting u in ur place

Just got the Morrowind chapter on sale. I tried playing the base game for free but I couldn't bring myself to give a poo poo about any of the npcs and quests in theme park Tamriel. Would be more fun to play with goons of course so hit me up with an invite please! @Zakuz or Morrowitch if it goes by character.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Is there any reason to craft your own gear while leveling up?

I feel like it would be literally impossible to craft stuff as good as what I'm finding in dungeons and on quests and stuff, like I can make an axe that's my level but I can only make an enchantment that does like 1000 damage with 1100 item damage, vs like an item several levels lower from a dungeon that's like 1050 damage but say does 1900 oblivion damage or something

Am I missing something about the damage formula?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Ok so I caved and bought Morrowind, and now I'm in a chronological tizzy. I know you can start the vestige quest in the starting cities after you get to a warp in Morrowind, but what's the chronology of it? I assume the Vestige story happened first since Morrowind was an expansion, right?

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Apparently pre-ordering Summerset on Steam doesn't give you the Morrowind expansion anymore but buying it on their own store does. Does anyone know if buying it on their store would be compatible with my Steam version of ESO?

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Stefan Prodan posted:

I feel like it would be literally impossible to craft stuff as good as what I'm finding in dungeons and on quests and stuff, like I can make an axe that's my level but I can only make an enchantment that does like 1000 damage with 1100 item damage, vs like an item several levels lower from a dungeon that's like 1050 damage but say does 1900 oblivion damage or something

Some of the best uses for crafting are:

- Learning everything you can on one high-level character and using that guy to craft fresh gear for your alts whenever they need it

- Upgrading random drops to blue/purple quality if they have good traits/enchantments already

Enchanting is definitely rough, you need to have a pretty high skill level in it and rare high-quality mats to make enchantments as strong as random drops get by default. But having the right enchantment will be better than having a "better" version of the wrong one. I personally like to put life steal on alts' weapons just to help with survivability on lowbie characters; that's not a super common random drop so I usually craft it.

If you just don't enjoy crafting, it's not strictly necessary. For endgame gear I just mail mats to my friend who has way better recipes than me.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Ok so I caved and bought Morrowind, and now I'm in a chronological tizzy. I know you can start the vestige quest in the starting cities after you get to a warp in Morrowind, but what's the chronology of it? I assume the Vestige story happened first since Morrowind was an expansion, right?

things got kind of weird with One Tamriel when they made the all the zones scale and you can do them in any order, now everything is occurring roughly at same time

originally everything is in order of release however so it would be

-base game and faction storylines occur concurrently
-craglorn
-imperial city (though even this is real hard to nail down before one tamriel)
-orsinium (only dlc that actually dates itself in some ingame books and sets up the plot to morrowind and subsequent DLCs)

-hew's bane (but nothing in it matters chronologically with other zone plots)
-gold coast (same as above though does set up some future dlc storylines)
-shadows of the hist (Same as above)

then you get One Tamriel

then it'd be morrowind>clockwork city>summerset this summer, for the daedric plots storyline

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Officially they are happening concurrently, it's just that for no reason the daedra problem isn't in Morrowind.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

Zokari posted:

Apparently pre-ordering Summerset on Steam doesn't give you the Morrowind expansion anymore but buying it on their own store does. Does anyone know if buying it on their store would be compatible with my Steam version of ESO?

I just bought it and it added a title for morrowind on steam.

... I already had Morrowind from Bethesda so, eh, I guess I have it twice now?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

corn in the bible posted:

Officially they are happening concurrently, it's just that for no reason the daedra problem isn't in Morrowind.

It is specifically mentioned that ALMSIVI is keeping dark anchors from touching down in Vvardenfell despite the Worm Cult trying, so there's that at least

There's never going to be new zones with Dark Anchors though so really it's just the base zones are the only ones the Worm Cult is active enough to summon them

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Vivec can stop them touching down despite getting weaker but Almalexia can't keep them away from just outside her house. Vivec for best god

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf

Stefan Prodan posted:

It's a case of quality and enchantment strength. Set pieces that drop in dungeons are blue quality at a minimum and thus the enchantment would also scale to blue quality. Making yourself a white weapon, improving it to blue, then throwing a white enchantment on it would net the results that you're seeing with a weaker enchantment.

I crafted my own gear as I went when I started out, but I didn't know at the time that deconstructing everything was a faster way to level. Also, research the traits you find on gear that you don't know (and would otherwise deconstruct). The more traits you know for given pieces, the better matched crafted sets you can make. Plenty of the crafted sets are hot garbage, but plenty are also very useful and good (and are even used in endgame setups).

Here is a list of all the crafted sets, complete with info on where to craft them and how many traits you must know.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Beefeater posted:

It's a case of quality and enchantment strength. Set pieces that drop in dungeons are blue quality at a minimum and thus the enchantment would also scale to blue quality. Making yourself a white weapon, improving it to blue, then throwing a white enchantment on it would net the results that you're seeing with a weaker enchantment.

I crafted my own gear as I went when I started out, but I didn't know at the time that deconstructing everything was a faster way to level. Also, research the traits you find on gear that you don't know (and would otherwise deconstruct). The more traits you know for given pieces, the better matched crafted sets you can make. Plenty of the crafted sets are hot garbage, but plenty are also very useful and good (and are even used in endgame setups).

Here is a list of all the crafted sets, complete with info on where to craft them and how many traits you must know.

Ohh, the color of the item affects the power of the enchantment on it?

That makes sense, I was improving items and going "well this doesn't seem worth it, my damage went up by 30"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf

Stefan Prodan posted:

Ohh, the color of the item affects the power of the enchantment on it?

That makes sense, I was improving items and going "well this doesn't seem worth it, my damage went up by 30"

Yes and no. It only improves on dropped gear as you improve the item. So say you got a set chest piece out of a dungeon in blue quality with a stamina enchantment on it - the enchantment would be blue quality as well. If you were to then improve the item to purple quality the enchantment quality would follow suit.

However, if you were to craft a chest piece, improve it to purple and then slap a white enchantment on it that you looted, the enchantment quality would retain that white quality.

EDIT: On that note, if you have a blue or purple quality piece and put a gold quality enchantment on it, it remains a gold enchantment, regardless of item quality.

Beefeater fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Apr 6, 2018