Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

kumba posted:

given how good this turned out I think I want to start cooking vegetarian at least once a week. I love indian food too so some curry w/ mushrooms instead of beef or lamb is gonna be good

I made something very similar to this a few weeks back and it was very good. Admittedly, I used lamb in it, but it would've stood up just as well with only the mushrooms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catfishenfuego
Oct 21, 2008

Moist With Indignation

Soy, coconut, chili and ginger salmon with a crust of croissant breadcrumbs on an okonomiyaki style zucchini pancake.

Thoht
Aug 3, 2006

Catfishenfuego posted:

Soy, coconut, chili and ginger salmon with a crust of croissant breadcrumbs on an okonomiyaki style zucchini pancake.

That is so weird, lol. Bet it was real tasty though.

blixa
Jan 9, 2006

Kein bestandteil sein
Pan pizza last night. So friggin' delicious.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Dry curry with onsen tamago (a kind of softboiled egg) from Cooking with Dog. (recipe in link)

Had to make some substitutions; I used 100% ground beef instead of mixing with pork as I had ground beef on hand but not pork, and I doubled the amount of kidney beans because I couldn't find soybeans at the store and didn't feel like roaming around town to find them. The curry sauce mix I used was Apple and Honey Vermont Curry, Hot spiciness.

I liked it so much I posted it to Instagram and tagged Cooking with Dog, and they replied to it saying it looked great and they followed me. I've been a big fan of them for almost a decade, so it makes my day to know they saw it.

If you like Japanese style curry I really recommend it.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Matsuri posted:

Dry curry with onsen tamago (a kind of softboiled egg) from Cooking with Dog. (recipe in link)

Had to make some substitutions; I used 100% ground beef instead of mixing with pork as I had ground beef on hand but not pork, and I doubled the amount of kidney beans because I couldn't find soybeans at the store and didn't feel like roaming around town to find them. The curry sauce mix I used was Apple and Honey Vermont Curry, Hot spiciness.

I liked it so much I posted it to Instagram and tagged Cooking with Dog, and they replied to it saying it looked great and they followed me. I've been a big fan of them for almost a decade, so it makes my day to know they saw it.

If you like Japanese style curry I really recommend it.

I hadn't seen this channel before, so thanks for the link. It's just the right amount of useful and informative yet charmingly bizarre. I almost lost it at the end when it popped up: "You Like Button!" :3:

That curry looks delicious!

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Dog died :( But she makes more videos in his memory.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Cooking with Dog is indeed very charming! The concept, aesthetic, and narration makes it fun to watch and I won't say no to good recipes.

I was sad as hell when Francis died and I was worried the channel would end, but Chef has continued cooking with a plush Francis at her side in memory of him. :unsmith:

I think I may be trying my hand at a few more of their recipes that I'll be taking pictures of and posting if I like them. They seemed just as pleased that I made their recipe as I was to be recognized by them. :3:

Aunt Beth
Feb 24, 2006

Baby, you're ready!
Grimey Drawer
I’ve loved watching the production values of Cooking with Dog increase as she’s gained notoriety. It’s a super fun channel.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Chili-glazed bourbon salmon with collard greens

Beef chorizo stuffed peppers

Korean fried chicken. Tried out some sweet potato starch for the big batch, tapioca starch for the small plate, and double fried with tapioca starch in the bowl.

Shrimp Étouffée

Meera Sodha’s kimchi pancake

Kare-kare. Definitely didn't add enough peanut butter to this but it was pretty decent for my first time cooking with oxtail.

Fried tofu in red curry

Random noodles and stuff I had leftover in the fridge

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
Fried shrimp! Mom suggested/wanted it, I said sure, then spend an hour butterflying/shelling, battering, and frying two pounds of shrimp while she faffs about. :mad:

I know I am slow but I am FOH. :( Tastes good though, so I guess I'm not complaining.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Ranter posted:

Dog died :( But she makes more videos in his memory.

But who narrates now?

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Arglebargle III posted:

But who narrates now?

Francis' ghost

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Casu Marzu posted:

Francis' ghost

And it's a little weird when Chef's apron starts animating. But she's a sweet little old lady, and I'm sure she misses her Good Boy.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
The memory of Francis lives on in the plushie, who narrates in his place. :unsmith:

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Her apron narrates now.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Spinash/mushroom stuffed pork loin

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Bavarian roast pork shoulder with red cabbage, potato dumplings, home made pork stock gravy

Lion's head soup

Smashed burgers

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Used up some old dough and made terrible but delicious pizza

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Last 3 posters: "would"

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I threw together a quick stir fried rice with what I had. Kimchi, day old take out rice, dried pork and soy sauce. It was my first go and it tasted good even if it looks like poo poo.

Thoht
Aug 3, 2006

Kimchi fried rice is the poo poo! Great for breakfast.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Nothing about that looks like poo poo. 10/10 would smash for any meal of the day. loving love kimchi.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

What on earth

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Borsche69 posted:

What on earth

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

This wasn't dinner, but I'm up with insomnia and was hungry. I'd have taken pictures but I was starving.

2 cans of San Marzano tomatoes
1 roughly chopped red onion
minced garlic, however much you want
cayenne and black pepper
big spoonful of sugar
few tbs of olive oil

dump everything in a roasting pan and pop in the oven at 375 for an hour, then broil for 3-4 minutes afterwards to get a light char

while it's in the oven, take a bunch of wonton wrappers and fill with shredded cheese of your choice, I used aged white cheddar
pinch off into triangles or squares, doesn't matter
deep fry for about 15 seconds each side in peanut oil or whatever you have around

pour everything from the roasting pan into a food processor and pulse until creamy. add a pour of heavy cream and pulse again a few times. if it's too thick for your taste, add some vegetable broth. salt to taste.

the best, easiest tomato soup and an accompaniment that I think is better than grilled cheese

Mr. Meagles fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Apr 11, 2018

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Last night's Nashville hot chicken, biscuits and honey butter. This morning's surprising anal burn.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Brawnfire posted:

Last night's Nashville hot chicken, biscuits and honey butter. This morning's surprising anal burn.

I only see one picture

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Where's the fukkin pickles

Abyss
Oct 29, 2011
Pork chops with thyme seasoning, rosemary & garlic mashed potatoes, and rosemary roasted carrots. We had some extra rosemary to use from a previous recipe so the flavors & vegetables seemed to go well together. We also now get to derust and re-season our cast iron skillet, since neither my wife nor I had ever used one before, and improperly cleaned it.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I only see one picture

Focus on just one of those red plates.

Casu Marzu posted:

Where's the fukkin pickles

I know, I know.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Casu Marzu posted:

Spinash/mushroom stuffed pork loin
This didn't get enough love -- how did you get it to stay so gorgeously neat? I've done it with spinach-mushroom filling, and it looked tidy, but the stuffing all fell into pieces after cutting.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Anne Whateley posted:

This didn't get enough love -- how did you get it to stay so gorgeously neat? I've done it with spinach-mushroom filling, and it looked tidy, but the stuffing all fell into pieces after cutting.

Egg and breadcrumbs in the filling has worked for me in the past. Some cheese, too.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Anne Whateley posted:

I hate bready or eggy roast stuffing, so the filling was spinach, couple kinds of diced mushrooms, shallot, a huge amount of butter, and prob 3oz of parm grated in.

My method is slashing the inside of the roast with shallow cuts, salting heavily inside and out, stuffing and rolling it, then let it rest overnight in the fridge. This has always gotten me a super tight roll and stuffing that stays put, along with dry brining the meat as well.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I think to get nice looking medallions you mostly just need to let it cool a little bit before you slice, and use the sharpest knife you have.
If it's not super tightly rolled, it'll fall apart once you start eating it, but who cares, as long as it looks nice when it's put on the plate.

Pork medallions are great, it's such a reliably fancy-looking entree for the amount of effort required.

This Jacques Pepin recipe has become part of my standard repertoire:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc2kghrzX7E&t=774s

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Our inaugural "set the fire alarm off in our house" meal!

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Dubu jorim (not pictured: rice)

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Casu Marzu posted:

I hate bready or eggy roast stuffing, so the filling was spinach, couple kinds of diced mushrooms, shallot, a huge amount of butter, and prob 3oz of parm grated in.

My method is slashing the inside of the roast with shallow cuts, salting heavily inside and out, stuffing and rolling it, then let it rest overnight in the fridge. This has always gotten me a super tight roll and stuffing that stays put, along with dry brining the meat as well.
Interesting, thanks! I think the cheese might be key since iirc mine was just spinach, mushrooms, and diced onion (all sautéed in canola). It cut cleanly, all the individual leaves then just came out when transferring it. If I do an overnight rest I could also do transglutaminase for fun. If I add butter and cheese this time, it might help with the filling a little.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I made Mississippi pot roast tacos with red cabbage slaw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nhilist
Jul 29, 2004
I like it quiet in here
Sorry for no post shucking shots, they were gone in moments. Best Blue points I have ever had.