Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Mustached Demon posted:

They're Caucasians and anyone who disagrees should pull out a map.

What is that going to prove to them, exactly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

iSimian posted:

Or...you know...the whole thing with the name "Iran" coming from "Aryan".

Yeah, it's almost like race isn't biological or inherent or makes any sort of sense and is just a set of social divisions created for political reasons.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Sappy Fingers posted:

How long until it's openly acknowledged that Trump's mental capability has declined? It's becoming really hard to ignore. This is really at a fine line between functional illiteracy and full on word salad nonsense.

This will be denied until he has a major malfunction on live television.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Trade war going wonderfully I see.

LegendaryFrog
Oct 8, 2006

The Mastered Mind

haveblue posted:

Doesn't that already describe every television appearance he has made outside of scripted State of the Union addresses?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

haveblue posted:

No even that will be denied so long as he sticks to some republican talking point. But if his brain rots in such a way that he thinks its 1994 again and he starts talking about how much fun at the golf course he had today with President Clinton and he gets agitated at everyone for daring to tell him not to say that, so he slips a few more compliments about democrats just to stick it to them, well then the whole Sinclair and Fox talking point wall comes tumbling down.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Sappy Fingers posted:

How long until it's openly acknowledged that Trump's mental capability has declined? It's becoming really hard to ignore. This is really at a fine line between functional illiteracy and full on word salad nonsense.

Sometimes I think he's just using his phone's Next-word suggestions to do his tweets. When I use mine it also comes up with garbage sentences, except mine hasn't been trained by years of trump tweets.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Richard Lowtax Trumka

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Mordaedil posted:

What is that going to prove to them, exactly?

Nothing. I just wanted a distraction so I could leg it the gently caress out.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

Richard Lowtax Trumka

FYGS: gently caress You Got Spine

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Really crazy how quickly China announced their retaliatory tariffs.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I like to think that he mumbles these into voice-to-text, except for the all caps words which he screams like a drunk trying to hold a conversation

Shifty Pony posted:

I'm sure that they have had a list of generic tariffs in their back pocket for ages, just in case something like this happened.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Apr 4, 2018

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
If anything, the left photo of the shooter looks darkened.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

better than infowars

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

The orange buffoon has been going on about tariffs and China since the election and maybe even longer than that. It's about as predictable as the sun going down.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Shifty Pony posted:

Probably because they have an actual government(something, something, forever President Xi) running things. With an actual advisory council who research effective retaliatory tariffs and such. Unlike ours, which probably just pulls lists off Wikipedia.

I wonder if his morning tweet was in response to someone warning him the markets aren’t going to like this. DOW futures are sitting at a -500 point opening bell.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Trade war going wonderfully I see.

It's a little fun to watch. China has more to lose than the US, but it would still hurt American growth and maybe even tip us into a recession. So right now everyone's still throwing their punches and not saying or doing anything that they can't take back.

Most of Trump's popularity is still tied to the economy racism so he would just crater if growth went negative more minorities could vote.

Retro42 posted:

I wonder if his morning tweet was in response to someone warning him the markets aren’t going to like this. DOW futures are sitting at a -500 point opening bell.

I'm starting to believe DOW futures are even more meaningless than DOW presents.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Focus was on the trade war part but the full quote was even dumber.

‘We lost the trade war long ago.’

Business President!

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

"Being real stupid on trade" is one of his only actual political convictions apart from racism. He's been going on about trade deficits for decades.

Chinese Gordon fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Apr 4, 2018

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Dow's not meaningless because the piss baby keeps bragging about it. Though it'll probably be fake news if it keeps tanking.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Just realized that our "trade wars are easy to win" president made all his money from real estate. He hasn't exported a good in his life.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Well another day another dumb, teachers moved onto a different intersection today, but the dumbs didn't.

"Where'd the teachers go? too cold for them? Maybe if they went to work they'd be warm"

Me: "Yea they're probably at their 2nd or 3rd jobs keeping warm to support their teaching jobs"

"should've thought about that before becoming a teacher i guess"

jesus loving christ these people :psyduck:

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

Mustached Demon posted:

Dow's not meaningless because the piss baby keeps bragging about it. Though it'll probably be fake news if it keeps tanking.

If it tanks it'll be the Chinese/Democrats/Mexicans/Cheatin' Obama to blame. DO SOMETHING!

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Rinkles posted:

Just hypothetically, if there is a legal case against a sitting president that leads to Congress impeaching them, after impeachment, they are henceforth exposed to the full brunt of the law, correct?

Yes, the constitution is specific on that point.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Dow futures is already down 500 points today.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Mooseontheloose posted:

Dow futures is already down 500 points today.

over the past month, all that we have learned is its trending down, individual days will make no sense.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Brony Car posted:

Iranians are white, though.

Don't tell an Iranian they're not white. You'll be in for some pain if you do.

She wasn't Iranian, she was Persian ;)

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

WoodrowSkillson posted:

over the past month, all that we have learned is its trending down, individual days will make no sense.

10+% down from its peak is pretty significant. Not as bad as 2008 where it was free fall but 2% up/down days certainly aren’t normal.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Lote posted:

10+% down from its peak is pretty significant. Not as bad as 2008 where it was free fall but 2% up/down days certainly aren’t normal.

Right, its probably going to keep dropping till its re-normalizes at like 20-18k. However individual days have been seemingly random and multiple times the premarket has indicated a drop and then it rallied by 9:45.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

I feel like watching this video was supposed to activate me as some kind of CIA sleeper agent. :stonklol:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

It's weird because I've met a thousand people like this that seriously think that their garbage videos are not getting seen because of conspiracy. Granted most of the ones I personally know are poo poo let's players, but it's certainly super prevalent all over the site.

E. To clarify, I mean that just having weird obsessive traits like those webpage isn't really a red flag in yool 2018

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Apr 4, 2018

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Re: Tariffs.

Can we stop putting things only in consumer terms? The steel building sector is huge and these tariffs are going to price-out many small to mid-size businesses for expansion and growth over the coming years. poo poo like that should be the main focus.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Taerkar posted:

The orange buffoon has been going on about tariffs and China since the election and maybe even longer than that. It's about as predictable as the sun going down.
:catstare:

So it's been ongoing for a while.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

SpeakSlow posted:

Re: Tariffs.

Can we stop putting things only in consumer terms? The steel building sector is huge and these tariffs are going to price-out many small to mid-size businesses for expansion and growth over the coming years. poo poo like that should be the main focus.

if only there were more mid-sized businesses posting in this thread.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

iSimian posted:

Or...you know...the whole thing with the name "Iran" coming from "Aryan".

Non-indo-europeans clearly are not white. Get the drat Basques, Finns and Hungarians out of my Europe

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/981521901079146499

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Yes you can?

There are larger numbers then billions...

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Paracaidas posted:

I'm guessing this was in a PPJ tweetdump at some point, but just in case anyone else missed it, we have another Trump scandal:
https://twitter.com/thisjenlewis/status/981002689810223105

:eek:

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

honestly this tweet makes way more sense when you remember that he built his business empire by mostly declaring bankruptcy over and over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

All Hail Donald!

• Locked thread