Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

BiggerBoat posted:

No. He came up in the thread earlier and someone mentioned "what ever happened to Two Worlds"?

It's assumed that anybody who links to kiwifarms is into stalking and harassing the mentally ill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

BiggerBoat posted:

No. He came up in the thread earlier and someone mentioned "what ever happened to Two Worlds"?

Sorry about the link.
You're good, not everyone has to be up on all the internet drama.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

I don't think I ever met two worlds, but there's a chance since we were running in similar circles where I went to school. Plus I'm IRL friends with his brother (or cousin, dunno the actual relation). TW's alive and in St. Louis. We apparently have some mutual friends on Facebook.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I don't know what Kiwifarms is at all so, again, sorry for the link. I honestly had no idea there was something wrong with the place or why it's bad. I'd never heard of it until today.

I googled a guy that was the subject of an "SA Saga", Two Worlds, who someone asked about, and then remembered Kevin Havens. Kevin had three really long, popular threads about him maybe 8 or 10 years ago and even drew in a goon that tried to help him which ultimately led to the last thread about him being closed. I think. The guy's brother even joined the forums and posted for a while. So a saga.

I'm not "stalking" anyone and sincerely apologize if I came off that way, but I do find the guy fascinating form a psychological standpoint and very worthy of the thread title.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

kiwifarms is that website that lowtax hung out on for a bit and wished the forums was more like at the time. now his skeleton has rebelled against him. makes u think

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

kiwifarms is that website that lowtax hung out on for a bit and wished the forums was more like at the time. now his skeleton has rebelled against him. makes u think

he wished sa was more like kiwifarms in the creating content sense, not the doxxing people sense.

lowtax is bad at communicating tho

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
his wonky spine has given us a decent gbs photoshop thread again finally though

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
He was also on the front page of reddit for a little bit too

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
That's actually funny because as I was reading that thread it read like an SA GBS or Helldump thread from 10 years ago. Their formatting is even similar.

I honestly just though the "Kevin Havens Saga" was worthy of a follow up and further exploration. Because, whoo boy, that dude is same as he ever was and is a fascinating case study to me.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

BiggerBoat posted:

That's actually funny because as I was reading that thread it read like an SA GBS or Helldump thread from 10 years ago. Their formatting is even similar.

That's one thing these dead, gay forums have over Reddit is that the formatting is readable. I've never seen a sub reddit that wasn't formatted in the same lovely format as every other subreddit.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I remember Killy volunteered to be tribute and actually go on a date with Two Worlds. TW quickly blew it by being creepy as gently caress abd the date was called off. Killy doesn't post anymore. Coincidence??

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Fun stuff going on in the Fabgoons thread.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

RFC2324 posted:

he wished sa was more like kiwifarms in the creating content sense, not the doxxing people sense.

sneakyfrog posted:

his wonky spine has given us a decent gbs photoshop thread again finally though

Has anyone asked the tax man if he was holding a monkey’s paw or cursed lamp when he said that?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Olive! posted:

jesus christ why is Hedrigall back

e: oh hey it spilled into QCS and the Mod Feedback thread, the only thread allowed to exist in that forum, is locked again

Inexplicable Humblebrag has a new favorite as of 00:00 on Apr 4, 2018

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
As someone involved in said drama, it would all be solved by just moving fabgoons into the Cool Chat Crew Central and letting us self-moderate so the mod team doesn't have to keep up with our poo poo. :shrug: It worked for all the other self-contained communities.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
:tviv:

that went to 11 amazingly quick.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

As someone involved in said drama, it would all be solved by just moving fabgoons into the Cool Chat Crew Central and letting us self-moderate so the mod team doesn't have to keep up with our poo poo. :shrug: It worked for all the other self-contained communities.

problem with CCCC threads is that they almost never get new posters, and when new posters do show up they are invariably idiots

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

the only thread allowed to exist in that forum
????

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Mods know

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Olive! posted:

I feel like the mods could have handled this a bit better

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Gum posted:

I feel like the mods could have handled this a bit better

From the comments in the mod feedback thread, nah.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Didn’t Bob from Marketing get banned for off-site predation of a minor? I didn’t know that things were so hermetically sealed.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Plenty of people have been banned for offsite stuff. It's been brought up before but the whole shmorky debacle and Lowtax banning people based on what they said on Twitter.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Yeah, huh. Maybe I’m misinterpreting what FAU and Bobby were saying in the thread.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Kind of the whole deal with SA's moderation has always been 'Moderation is arbitrary, you know it, we know it, we can and will ban for any reason'. It does kind of help things compared to more rules-adherent forums where the worst troublemakers know exactly how to stay within the letter of the rules.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Yeah, that’s why I was surprised to see a mod say so adamantly that they could not act on outside stuff. I’d assumed they always had that latitude.

Anyway, new fact to retain!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Lowtax isn't subject to the same constraints as mods or admins.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Subjunctive posted:

Yeah, that’s why I was surprised to see a mod say so adamantly that they could not act on outside stuff. I’d assumed they always had that latitude.

Anyway, new fact to retain!

This became a thing to discourage helldumping and digging up poo poo on people's personal lives. Unless they're like a pedo or something.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Lowtax isn't subject to the same constraints as mods or admins.

In the QCS thread FAU is asking people to PM screenshots of offsite badness to mods or admins, though, so now I’m as confused as ever.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Absurd Alhazred posted:

From the comments in the mod feedback thread, nah.

FAU at least walked back his initial opinion, who knows/cares about the bad e/n mod.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Subjunctive posted:

In the QCS thread FAU is asking people to PM screenshots of offsite badness to mods or admins, though, so now I’m as confused as ever.

Oh? I may have given up on that discussion too early, then, or skipped the relevant part. I thought the discussion ended with people mocking other people for complaining about sixers or whatever nonsense it usually deteriorates to as posters try to ingratiate themselves. :shrug:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Oh? I may have given up on that discussion too early, then, or skipped the relevant part. I thought the discussion ended with people mocking other people for complaining about sixers or whatever nonsense it usually deteriorates to as posters try to ingratiate themselves. :shrug:

And yet you felt OK with commenting on the situation based on the discussion you didn't read :laffo:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Mein Kampf Enthusiast posted:

And yet you felt OK with commenting on the situation based on the discussion you didn't read :laffo:

Yeah, who gives a poo poo?

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mammal Sauce posted:

That's one thing these dead, gay forums have over Reddit is that the formatting is readable. I've never seen a sub reddit that wasn't formatted in the same lovely format as every other subreddit.

Reddit gets moderately more readable when you realize that you can safely ignore the comments to anything posted there. It's an okay place if you want a newsfeed about specific hobbies, but the discourse is almost Youtube-bad.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Subjunctive posted:

Yeah, huh. Maybe I’m misinterpreting what FAU and Bobby were saying in the thread.
I posted about this in more detail in QCS, but basically when offsite stuff like that gets brought up in threads it leaves us with three bad options:

1. ban someone for something the mods weren't involved with and don't know about
2. ignore the issue entirely and just let people fight it out in the thread
3. tell people not to talk about something that is likely important to them

This is why the offsite drama rule has existed for so long. That and the aforementioned helldumping/internet detectivery stuff.

I would prefer to be PMed about the issue, and I suspect most mods would too. The whole situation was a mess because you had a group who all knew each other but didn't know the mod (and vice-versa) trying to work out an issue in their posting group that didn't happen on SA, but doing it on SA, which meant the mod had to step in, except the mod didn't know the group, so they feel silenced and angry, and their complaints are justified except the mod doesn't have any way of determining... and blah blah the whole thing goes in a loop. Thus the mess.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Yeah, who gives a poo poo?

:thumbsup:

Anyway this is a bad derail, this isn't a funny saga and there's already a thread to go talk about this in

Does anyone know if bigpeeler's stories are archived anywhere? The good zookeeper ones, not the obviously fake cry-for-attention ones after he came back.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I came here from PoE

:same:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Mein Kampf Enthusiast posted:

Does anyone know if bigpeeler's stories are archived anywhere? The good zookeeper ones, not the obviously fake cry-for-attention ones after he came back.

front page, i thought

wait, there's good zookeeper ones?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

front page, i thought

wait, there's good zookeeper ones?

I remember his original stories being pretty good but that was also like 15 years ago so who knows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I just used the :stonklol: smilie and remembered this glorious thread where this smilie came about and where I laughed so hard every day for 14 months.

In this thread, a goon called My Dad (apparently had name change) reads the book Twissted. I’m not gonna give any details because the book is :stonklol: Lemme know if the pictures from the thread are missing cause I have all of them and more!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3535471

&If you just want to read My Dad’s review posts (though I recommend reading with other goons’ comments—the link above) :stonklol:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3535471&userid=149567

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 15:56 on Apr 4, 2018