Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

i got a bolf ramshield

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

https://www.sporcle.com/games/Moai/nexus

Only took me four tries to remember how to spell kel'thuzad and alexstrasza

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

BrianBoitano posted:

https://www.sporcle.com/games/Moai/nexus

Only took me four tries to remember how to spell kel'thuzad and alexstrasza

69/77, scored 90%. Blanked out on Chromie, E.T.C., Garrosh, Kel'thuzad, Leoric, Lunara, Medivh and Stitches.

Still, not bad given that I haven't been playing this for like the last seven months or so. Though I am annoyed that I forgot Leoric and Stitches, given that I've actually gotten them to level 15.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Got 62/77. Lot harder than I thought it would be. Also apparently I am completely neglecting my Diablo lore, almost all of them were Diablo characters that I missed.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
So you guys are paying for some premium twitch service and getting a free legendary box?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Charles Bukowski posted:

So you guys are paying for some premium twitch service and getting a free legendary box?

I already have prime, so all I had to do was follow a couple links to get the gift. Then after the gift arrived, I unlinked Twitch's access to my blizz account.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Oh. I don't use amazon enough to warrant prime I figure. Oh well.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
I get Prime through my mother's account, there's a feature that lets you share Prime access with another account, so I get Twitch Prime through that and I sub to Grubby and get all this free stuff. :)

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Yeah I already had prime because I use Amazon a lot.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I cheated a bit by looking at the quiz icon - it has quite a few heroes shown there. I almost didn't get 100% because I forgot The Butcher existed.

also lol that average

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

W.T. Fits posted:

69/77, scored 90%. Blanked out on Chromie, E.T.C., Garrosh, Kel'thuzad, Leoric, Lunara, Medivh and Stitches.

Still, not bad given that I haven't been playing this for like the last seven months or so. Though I am annoyed that I forgot Leoric and Stitches, given that I've actually gotten them to level 15.

This is like me. Why do I follow this thread in a game I uninstalled over a month ago, and haven't logged into in over 3 months? No idea! Maybe I just miss how the game used to be 2 years ago, when I could spam TLV into QM all day and have a 70% winrate with them. No other videogame played like TLV did then, and now they're pale shadows of their former selves, and blizzard wishes they were even less.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Olaf The Stout posted:

This is like me. Why do I follow this thread in a game I uninstalled over a month ago, and haven't logged into in over 3 months? No idea! Maybe I just miss how the game used to be 2 years ago, when I could spam TLV into QM all day and have a 70% winrate with them. No other videogame played like TLV did then, and now they're pale shadows of their former selves, and blizzard wishes they were even less.

Meepo in DotA is TLV if TLV were also a monster ganker mid/late game.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I really wish that more people understood the benefits of the 1/4 split on Blackheart's and would actually commit to it when they say they will.

We won, but not without me having to spend half the game telling Tychus and Ragnaros to stop loving following me and to go kill poo poo with Garrosh and Uther.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Holy gently caress Genji is fun to play, especially when you get the enemy team all grouped up letting you get resets on Swift Strike with Flow Like Water.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Fenix Q build at 1 and 7 is just silly. With the straight AA build, I was used to dealing lots of AA damage, but the hitbox width on the Q plasma beam is very forgiving so I was making GBS threads out even more damage. Q damages and self-peels. En Taro Adun :hellyeah:

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

BrianBoitano posted:

Fenix Q build at 1 and 7 is just silly. With the straight AA build, I was used to dealing lots of AA damage, but the hitbox width on the Q plasma beam is very forgiving so I was making GBS threads out even more damage. Q damages and self-peels. En Taro Adun :hellyeah:

I think Q at 1 might actually be the best general pick even if you're going for a more AA focused build down the line. Mobile Offense is good but the additional plasma cutter damage plus the extra rotation adds a ton of value in big teamfights.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I think the alternating-W-empower talent on 1 is the most versatile choice for lane pressuring, but Q-quest on 1 is certainly easy to stack and easy to use.

Kith posted:

I really wish that more people understood the benefits of the 1/4 split on Blackheart's and would actually commit to it when they say they will.

We won, but not without me having to spend half the game telling Tychus and Ragnaros to stop loving following me and to go kill poo poo with Garrosh and Uther.

In fairness, I find being solo support in lane unbearable at best, so they probably thought they were helping you out. Especially as Tass. Good lord.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Bogart posted:

In fairness, I find being solo support in lane unbearable at best, so they probably thought they were helping you out. Especially as Tass. Good lord.

Nah, they knew that I didn't want their help. I told them repeatedly (and they responded), I spammed retreat at them multiple times, so on and so forth.

Tassadar is actually the bee's knees when it comes to a 1/4 split on Blackheart's because he's basically ungankable if you take the right talents. It's a bit rough early on, but once you hit 4 specifically you can rotate and clear faster than pretty much any other hero.

Edit: Bonus points for solo Tass on BHB is that he can drop a Storm and beam a chest at the same time, which pops it open nearly instantly. The only character faster at taking a chest is Tracer and there's no way she can get away with soloing, so if you time your rotations right there's basically no way that the opposing team's doublesoak can do anything about it.

Kith fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Apr 4, 2018

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I just immediately canceled amazon prime and uncoupled my accounts

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

Is there a set timing to the chests on BHB or is it triggered by spending coins? I’m always caught with my pants down in QM without someone to remind me

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Dire Human posted:

Is there a set timing to the chests on BHB or is it triggered by spending coins? I’m always caught with my pants down in QM without someone to remind me
They spawn three minutes after the last chest was cleared.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
Do we know if there’s a balance patch coming today?

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Gobbeldygook posted:

They spawn three minutes after the last chest was cleared.

The first one spawns at 1:30.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Star posted:

Do we know if there’s a balance patch coming today?

They don't really announce that ahead of time. I would assume so but who knows with this game anymore.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Tbh I think Tracer's extreme pulse bomb scaling is a mistake (I think a lot about this hero is a mistake). Players who aren't aware of the scaling behave like it's any other ability and get constantly caught out by how much damage it does in the late game vs the early game. No idea why they doubled down on the mechanic. A little difference in scaling like Lunara's is whatever, but 6% vs 4% is a little wild, especially on a burst damage ability.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

I didn't know it did that :randstare:

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

BrianBoitano posted:

I didn't know it did that :randstare:

Yeah what

Goddamn Tracer.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
yeah it went from 5.5% scaling to 6% in the latest patch... its damage got nerfed though so it still does 70 less damage at level 20 than it used to, but the gap between level 1 damage and level 20 damage is even bigger than it used to be which imo messes with the intuition you develop for the game/ability damage.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Kerrzhe posted:

god i know but i ALSO WANT MORE OF THEM

i will bring up this issue when i talk to actual blizzard devs tomorrow during my heroes of the storm user experience research interview that i got randomly selected for :stare:

i will get to tell them all about my experience playing nothing but vs ai every day and lament the piddly amounts of exp and chests i get from doing so

How'd this go?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

BrianBoitano posted:

How'd this go?

WELL i can't go into specifics but it was cool, i talked to a nice lady and gave some feedback about some stuff that might factor into something (not in-game) in the future.

it wasn't like an open-ended "what do you want us to do with HotS" sort of thing, it was more specific than that, but I did have a pretty nice conversation. i like to think i gave intelligent and genuine thoughts about what they wanted to do. (more likely i just rambled a bunch but oh well)

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

No Wave posted:

Tbh I think Tracer's extreme pulse bomb scaling is a mistake (I think a lot about this hero is a mistake). Players who aren't aware of the scaling behave like it's any other ability and get constantly caught out by how much damage it does in the late game vs the early game. No idea why they doubled down on the mechanic. A little difference in scaling like Lunara's is whatever, but 6% vs 4% is a little wild, especially on a burst damage ability.

They did it on purpose so they could get away with Pulse Bomb being weak early (to counter the fact that she has an ultimate by default) and powerful later (because the talent selection for it kinda sucks).

I mean, I'm not saying it's the RIGHT decision, but that's the logic.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
The next insanely overpowered hero will be revealed at the PAX panel tomorrow

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Midnightghoul posted:

The next insanely overpowered hero will be revealed at the PAX panel tomorrow

In a twist the announcement will be that both teams in draft can draft Fenix.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

New hero is Talandar, don't disrespect him with that name t:mad:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

New hero is the Hearthstone Innkeeper, his kit is loaded with RNG effects, so look forward to that!

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
New hero is Yogg-Saron, and his Ult is that he casts every ult that has been cast in the game so far at random targets, but with friendly fire enabled.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Looks like if Fenix gets polybombed the sheep also only faces the one direction

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
New hero is Patches the Pirate, his q w and e are just illidans the hunt.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
(a) New hero will be a rock and roll racing car.

(b) I don't get all the Fenix hate on reddit. I think he's far more balanced than Maiev at release. Maybe his damage numbers are still a bit high and some bugs need fixing (like the Q working during polymorph), but he's so easily countered with the right draft. Both of his ults and his teleport have huge telegraphs and can be easily interrupted, and if you keep poke on him his shield will never regenerate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Once they bump down fenix's numbers I think he'll be fine. His kit doesn't really seem busted to me.