Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

Len posted:

So did the chaos god give the traitor marines new armor or were they always dressed like super evil baddies instead of just baddies like normal marines?
The warp turned their armour semi-living and in some cases permanently fused to their flesh, which is what caused it to twist and sprout horns or tusks or what have you.

Except for the night lords. They've always carted around flayed skulls and poo poo because they were raised by the grimdarkest batman who was also batshit insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hauki
May 11, 2010

would fishmarine

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

I would have gone with Sangfinius

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

I like the vehicle, the silhouette is orky enough not to scream :hitler: (especially if it wasn't painted like the Africa Corps?) but the name is a little bit, um. :ohdear:

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Apr 4, 2018

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
gently caress yeah, Magnus the Red Snapper!

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Schadenboner posted:

I like the vehicle, the silhouette is orky enough not to scream :hitler: (especially if it wasn't painted like the Africa Corps?) but the name is a little bit, um. :ohdear:

I disagree - it's not Orky enough. Like a lot of third party Ork vehicles, it's a couple of bitz slapped onto a German tank/car/whatever.

I really wonder if people today would be tying Orks to Nazis if GW hadn't done those Stormboyz a hundred years ago...

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
its so stupid because orks are the least nazi-like 40k faction

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It makes perfect sense when you think about it. Both the Orks and the Nazis are war-loving races with green skin that speak in guttural broken English, cobble ramshackle equipment together out of scrap, and reproduce by spores.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

berzerkmonkey posted:

I disagree - it's not Orky enough. Like a lot of third party Ork vehicles, it's a couple of bitz slapped onto a German tank/car/whatever.

I really wonder if people today would be tying Orks to Nazis if GW hadn't done those Stormboyz a hundred years ago...

I dunno, all the Polish third-party bitz companies I can think of (Maxmini, Kromlech, Puppetswar) each have Nazi/almost-Nazi orks, maybe it's an "Other your conqueror" thing?

:shrug:

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Len posted:

So did the chaos god give the traitor marines new armor or were they always dressed like super evil baddies instead of just baddies like normal marines?

the first rule of 40k is don't think about logistics

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

berzerkmonkey posted:

Which is stupid, since the fluff writes the Stormboyz as dumb ork kids going through a phase that they'll eventually grow out of.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Hauki posted:

would fishmarine

Well of course you'd say that...

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Two Beans posted:

Which is stupid, since the fluff writes the Stormboyz as dumb ork kids going through a phase that they'll eventually grow out of.

Yeah, it wasn't even really a "Stormboyz are Nazis" thing, it was a "Punks sometimes use Nazi-like imagery without generally espousing the doctrines of that movement" thing.

E: Although skinheads are a thing, obviously. But the Stormboyz thing has to be understood in the context of the cultural milieu of the creators: 1980s Britain I guess?

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Apr 4, 2018

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
I wasn't referring to the Stormboyz preferring order and discipline - I was only talking about GW using the traditional German helmet for them.

genola
Apr 7, 2011
Modernize the stormboyz by giving them selfie stikks and poses where they are doing the dab.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Moola posted:

Cod Emperor of man

Magnus the Red snapper

Jaghatai Khatfish

Robute Gullimarlin

Lionfish ElJohnson

Angleron

Please help me figure the rest of these out.

genola
Apr 7, 2011
Moraytarion

Ferrus Manus the Gargon of Medusa

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Schadenboner posted:

Yeah, it wasn't even really a "Stormboyz are Nazis" thing, it was a "Punks sometimes use Nazi-like imagery without generally espousing the doctrines of that movement" thing.

E: Although skinheads are a thing, obviously. But the Stormboyz thing has to be understood in the context of the cultural milieu of the creators: 1980s Britain I guess?

If Orks are a parody of 70's-80's working class football hooligans, Stormboyz are a parody of the kids of said hooligans who often would through a bit of a phase with more out and out Nazi poo poo with groups like National Front before going back to more casual forms of racism and kicking the poo poo out of each other.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

genola posted:

Moraytarion

Ferrus Manus the Gargon of Medusa

I'd go with Garrus Manus personally

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Schadenboner posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz1sBi0-130

genola
Apr 7, 2011
Leelman Russ, Primarch of the Space Wolf Eels.

Improbable Lobster posted:

I'd go with Garrus Manus personally

Good choice, I like that better.

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Please help me figure the rest of these out.

Full dump of 'em with captions is here: https://imgur.com/gallery/FTSMU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Giant Isopod posted:

Oh, that's Lorgar? I guess I always forget about the Word Bearers.

genola
Apr 7, 2011
Little did we know that the Idoneth Deepkin was just the beginning of GW’s new tabletop game: Wavehammer 40fathoms

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

The fish artist is Luth https://www.patreon.com/luth

And the page for their stuff is on Facebook under 40k: bolter to kokoro

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

fulgrim is barely better than a blobfish in that roster

he should have been that sexfish from the shape of water

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Looks like he left off Ferrus Manus but you can find it here: https://youtu.be/H-K2DZojWi0

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Giant Isopod posted:

Heresea.

:five:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

9/10 for idea, 6/10 for execution.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
Fulbream.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Hauki
May 11, 2010

:stare:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Looks smarmy and gaudy enough to be a proper harlequin. It just needs a list of special rules the length of your arm.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

This appears to be a member of the Life Guards, but he's in the wrong colour tunic.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

leaked wip of the new gazghkull lookin good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I desperately need to see kitbash attempts at the Horus Heresea Primarchs and Legions.