Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canis minor
May 4, 2011

Cross-posting from funny pictures thread:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).
Here are the other books about Heaven's Gate that I mentioned awhile back:

This is a sensationalist paperback:

This one is from the organization itself:

It is seriously the size of a phonebook:

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).
Here are three volumes of pictures from collage artist Winston Smith, possibly best known for doing a lot of the artwork for Dead Kennedys records in the late 70's/ early 80's, including their famous DK logo.

These two half-rear end biographies about the bands X and Dead Kennedys were originally published in the early 80's, although I got my copies at a Tower Records in the mid-90's:

Here are a few miscellaneous coloring/ activity books that were next to those on my shelf:

This one is from the greatest TV show of all time:

Sadly, it's from the somewhat inferior 6th and final season after Larry Wilcox (Jon) quit the show, but I'll take what I can get.

I just got this one in the mail after it was recommended in another thread (the lol at Trump thread?) as a good post-apocalyptic novel. Not sure when I'll get to it, but I'm looking forward to reading it.

Finally, here is a paperback book collecting three issues of Spire Christian Comics from the early 80's:

I can't believe they left these gems out of it:

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Here's a trashy sex and crime thriller I took from my uncles bookshelf when I was about 14. I used to think the author was the same person who wrote Trainspotting.

Possibly NSFW due to cover nudity
https://i.imgur.com/yEEVQ2f.jpg

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Not gonna lie, that comic book order form book looks right up my alley.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Check out what I found in gramp's copy of grapes of wrath:

ol von bismarck hisself
maybe it's hindenberg? conflicting info

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Feb 5, 2018

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
Guns!
Bullies!
Drugs & Alcohol!
The Internet!

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Here's a Lawrence Welk Show-based work of fiction:

I see this one in used book stores all the time and have no idea why:

I picked this up last year and still need to read it.

For those of you unfamiliar with the Bay Area, San Quentin is located on right on the shoreline of the North Bay on what must be some of the most valuable real estate in the country. The view is breathtaking, and I've always wondered if that would be nice or sheer torture for the prisoners to see from their cell windows. Perhaps this book will answer that.

This might be my favorite story from the ancient world along with the Epic of Gilgamesh and various tall tales about Diogenes the Cynic. Robert Graves' translation is great and I highly recommend it.

Corey Feldman is insane.

If you haven't seen this, do yourself a favor and watch it right now!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMQLtaewh4A

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Haha this dude playing 4 guitars is called Michael Angelo Batio, he still plays at least 2 guitars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz3JhKXJDTM

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Here are three volumes of pictures from collage artist Winston Smith, possibly best known for doing a lot of the artwork for Dead Kennedys records in the late 70's/ early 80's, including their famous DK logo.

Did this guy also do stuff for the Church of the Subgenius?

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I found this in a pile of free books yesterday:

A few months ago I wandered into a nearby church rummage sale and bought a whole bunch of WW2 paperbacks for a quarter apiece. Here are a few:

Aaron Burr might be the most fascinating of America's founders besides Ben Franklin.

My girlfriend is a fan of Rick Springfield's work on General Hospital during the early 80's, as well as his music. Here are a memoir and a novel he wrote.

She also showed me this video of Rick Springfield's enormous collection of old Star Wars toys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtAANVXQjUU

Oh, and before I forget, every time people mention Bedtime for Bonzo I think about posting this amazing book, but promptly forget because my brain is an idiot:

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

This is an expose on Las Vegas from 1963:

Speaking of Las Vegas, this book is nothing but photos of Siegfried and Roy's house:

Seems as good a time as any to post these:

Here are three books by Linnea Quigley, queen of B-horror movies:

Here are a few issues of Soviet Life magazine I bought for a buck each last year:

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

This book was written by a guy named Mike Warnke who claimed to be a high priest of Satan:

This book is an expose on the guy claiming to be a high priest of Satan (Spoiler alert: Mike Warnke made it all up):

I know I posted about this one in the Chick tract thread, but I can't remember where and the pages take forever to load on my slow-rear end laptop because of all the pictures. Anyway, this might be most weird and wonderful book I have ever read. It really deserves it's own thread.

A classic Satanic Panic book from the mid-80's:

A book about demons:

A truly great autobiography by a musician I had never heard of before reading the book:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czLceBSD7Cc

Here is the entire series of paperback books based on the 1980's sci-fi miniseries V:

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Here's the Ollie North Coloring Book I mentioned earlier, illustrated by Mort Drucker of Mad Magazine fame:

Speaking of which, here are a bunch of Mad paperbacks:

Here's a book about Mad Magazine publisher William Gaines. It is surprisingly difficult to find, which is too bad because it's interesting:

Here's a biography about Mad artist Al Jaffee. For those of you who didn't read Mad as a kid, he's the guy who did (still does?) the fold-ins on the back cover:

Here are four books full of art my my all-time favorite cartoonist (and Mad artist), Jack Davis:

And finally, a basic history of Mad Magazine, including color pictures of every cover up through sometime in the mid-90's or whenever it was published:

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Choco1980 posted:

Not gonna lie, that comic book order form book looks right up my alley.

It's a fun read. This one is also pretty good:

For reference, here is a strange rack toy based on the 70's Telly Savalas cop show Kojak that happens to be sitting on a book shelf in my kitchen:

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Check out what I found in gramp's copy of grapes of wrath:

ol von bismarck hisself
maybe it's hindenberg? conflicting info

That's cool! I'm trying to think of anything interesting I've found inside old books, but the only thing that comes to mind is a ridiculous inscription inside a used copy of Turgenev's Fathers and Sons:

I've always imagined Justin to be an insufferable dork and wonder how long it took Missy to get rid of this book. It never fails to make me laugh!

fakeaccount posted:

Did this guy also do stuff for the Church of the Subgenius?

I'm not sure, but there are pictures of Bob Dobbs on the acknowledgement pages of the first two books, so I wouldn't doubt it.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Getting Acquainted with Georgia, which was approved by the state as a textbook. I think it was the official textbook for Georgia history.

The textbook is framed around a fictional story. Two northern children come for an extended visit with their Georgia relatives. The kids come away quite impressed with it has to offer. Clearly, these relatives were rich as they had their own servants. Who spoke in exaggerated dialect.

Vintage medical book from 1917:

Here's a childhood favorite, The Rats Who Lived in the Delicatessen. The lesson is that you can be too generous and that cats represent population control.

Stephen King was using Richard Bachman as his pen name for Thinner. He did not intend to be found out, though this was the book that did it. As part of trying to hide his identity, King got someone else to pose for the author photo. If I remember right, it was his insurance agent.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

King has said he got letters right from the start asking if he was Bachman but it took a while for someone to put together actual proof. He did the whole thing in the first place because he wanted to know if people were actually buying his books because they liked them or if they were just doing it because they had "Stephen King" on the cover.

Although the definite weirdest thing about the situation was how he has periodically dusted the name off and put out books "by" Bachman.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I had heard it started out with weird publisher policies at the time not letting you publish too many books under your name within a specific time period, so Bachman was his way of selling old ideas of his (Rage was written while he was still in high school for gosh sakes) so he could keep paying the bills back in the 70s before he was a household name.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Getting Acquainted with Georgia, which was approved by the state as a textbook. I think it was the official textbook for Georgia history.

The textbook is framed around a fictional story. Two northern children come for an extended visit with their Georgia relatives. The kids come away quite impressed with it has to offer. Clearly, these relatives were rich as they had their own servants. Who spoke in exaggerated dialect.

Jesus Christ, that might be the most overwrought attempt at writing dialect I've ever read! I cannot for the life of me figure out what word puncher is meant to replace in the sentence I gits a punture on de road. Puncture? Is he talking about a car tire?

Anyway, that one looks like a fascinating mess, and I would very much like to read the whole thing.

Choco1980 posted:

I had heard it started out with weird publisher policies at the time not letting you publish too many books under your name within a specific time period, so Bachman was his way of selling old ideas of his (Rage was written while he was still in high school for gosh sakes) so he could keep paying the bills back in the 70s before he was a household name.

I know that a lot of prolific pulp writers (who were paid by the word) used multiple pseudonyms so they could have multiple stories published in a magazine/ multiple books published in a given year.

Those who wrote sleaze paperbacks usually usually didn't want their real names on the books (Charles Willeford is the only exception I can think of). They'd often use pen names that were shared by multiple authors at that particular publishing house. Lawrence Block has said that people occasionally ask him if he wrote specific sleaze titles that were published under a couple of different house pseudonyms back in the early 60's and he honestly doesn't know if he wrote them or one of the other authors did. They were all written so fast (usually in a week or less) that he honestly doesn't remember everything he wrote.

Also, some authors were under contract to a certain publishing company, so they'd write books under pseudonyms to be published elsewhere. If an author was only known for writing mystery novels, they might use a different name to publish a sci-fi book. A popular author might publish a book under a pseudonym to see if readers actually enjoyed their work or just bought anything with their name on it.

A good example of all of the above would be the extraordinarily prolific Donald E. Westlake. He wrote all of the following books, yet they were published using fourteen different names:

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I stopped by the Salvation Army this morning and picked up an assortment of books for a buck a piece:

Ghost-Slug
Feb 21, 2011

Feeding Tigrex
one Hunter at a time

Lipstick Apathy
My dad has a pretty good collection of weird and wonderful books. He loves charity shops and often comes back with a find or three. A couple of good ones I remember off the top of my head:

My big book of Pretty Pussies

and

The Young Visiters (not my picture - sadly the book is at my uncle's right now)

Daisy Ashford, age 9 posted:

"Oh Bernard she sighed fervently I certainly love you madly you are to me like a Heathen god she cried looking at his manly form and handsome flashing face I will indeed marry you."

:allears: I just found out the book is up on Project Gutenberg so I know what my bedtime reading is going to be!

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Dude looking at her all disgusted like "Maybe I should get back to church Sunday"

You did write this book, Mr. Westlake.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

It's been a while since I've really frequented the used book store, but I've got a few interesting ones.

I love this one, five hundred pages of machining fixture case studies from the 1960's.

Karia fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Feb 14, 2018

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Galaxy Brain
Dec 13, 2017

by Lowtax

Neat, I didn't know they printed real books for that. It's a fake novelization of a nonexistent movie that's all the premise for a Star-Studded Audiobook

Here's a recent score from a take-a-book/leave-a-book cafe:

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Karia posted:

I love this one, five hundred pages of machining fixture case studies from the 1960's.

That's pretty cool. I've been wanting to get a large book showcasing industrial design for a while, and recently ordered this one.

Does anyone have any recommendations for good Taschen books? Seems like a lot of them would fit the theme of this thread.

A Worrying Warlock
Sep 21, 2009

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Oh, and before I forget, every time people mention Bedtime for Bonzo I think about posting this amazing book, but promptly forget because my brain is an idiot:

Quoting this because this book is legitimately great and written by one of the coolest primatologists.

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle

Gutter Phoenix posted:

I just got this one in the mail after it was recommended in another thread (the lol at Trump thread?) as a good post-apocalyptic novel. Not sure when I'll get to it, but I'm looking forward to reading it.

Nevil Shute is a pretty good writer, If you like that I'd recommend "No Highway" and "A town like Alice".

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

The following post is long and off-topic, but I figured I'd put it here instead of making a new thread since it eventually involves books. Feel free to skip to the bottom for those.

I got laid off last week and yesterday was my last day of work. I knew it was coming and actually expected the gravy train to derail end years ago, but it was a pretty sweet gig and I'm sad to have it end. For the past seven years I've been working for a heavy utility construction company on a massive water tunnel project moving my way up from basic office tasks to managing the field office and getting heavily involved in the contract paperwork/ engineering side of things. Not the most exciting stuff in the world, but still not bad considering don't have a college degree or a background in construction. Also, some of the perks were amazing. Notably, I haven't had to pay for gasoline or a phone since 2011. For the first five years I got to work on site in a beautiful semi-rural valley among some wild foothills near some of the greatest hiking trails in California. Once the actual construction ended and our office trailer was removed from the site, I was able to work from home since I was the last employee working on the project full-time. It ended up taking almost two years to finalize the details of the contract paperwork and I had less and less to do as it dragged on. No complaints on my end! Some people say they'd get bored if they didn't have a job to do. I am not one of those people.

I got paid to sit around my apartment watching endless Cops marathons on Spike and hilariously bad films on the Lifetime Movie Network, occasionally checking my work email to see if there was anything I needed to do. Since I was able to work remotely, I took paid vacations to NYC (thrice), North Carolina's Outer Banks (twice), Las Vegas, Lake Tahoe, and a bunch of other places I'm sure I'm forgetting. I also tagged along when my girlfriend went on work trips to Tokyo, Orlando, a free cruise to Key West and Cozumel, and multiple short visits to Anaheim/ Burbank. Occasionally I was asked to take trips to various places where my company planned to bid on upcoming projects, but none of those were very noteworthy. Anyway, the paperwork was recently finalized and despite the best efforts of my company, they haven't been able to win any contracts in the Bay Area, or even California for that matter. Last week I was offered the choice of immediately relocating to a project in Raleigh, North Carolina or being laid off. I chose the latter.

My girlfriend and I already had plans for a short trip to Puerto Vallerta, Mexico, and it seemed only fitting that I "work" my last three days while on vacation, so away we went! The highlight, and main reason for our trip in the first place, was a ride on a high-speed zodiac boat around Banderas Bay to see the scores of humpback whales and their newborn calves swimming around doing whale stuff. They migrate down there between December and March every year to either have whale sex or give birth to the calves from the previous year's whale sex. Apparently baby whales don't know how to swim when they are born, so the mother spends months teaching them that, along with other advanced whale stuff like slapping the surface with their pectoral fins and tails to knock off barnacles, breaching the surface, and floating on their backs. According to the guide, Banderas Bay is a safe place with warm water, but there isn't enough whale food to go around so they have to swim back north once the calves gain some size and the female whales have picked up a suitor to help protect the babies from those motherfucking punkass killer whales looking to eat them during the whales' long trek back up the coast.

It was amazing to see up close and I heartily recommend that everyone make the pilgrimage at least once. Pictures don't do it justice, but here are two that I managed to get on my the company's phone (which I have to return along with my work laptop, credit and gas cards later today):

Adult whale about to show her newborn calf (under water when I took the picture) how to back float and beat their pectoral fins against the surface:

Baby whale bursting out of the water:

Anyway, it was a great trip and I'll get to the book portion of this post in a minute, but first here are a couple of notable pictures.

These were being sold by almost every T-shirt vendor in town:

Donny Most of Stewardess School (and Happy Days) fame is all grown up and singing lounge music!

I saw these adorable luchador dolls at the airport yesterday and probably would have bought one if they weren't priced at an outrageous 945 pesos (about 53 US dollars). I hope you enjoy the picture, because I got kicked out of the gift shop for taking it!

As long as I'm wildly off-topic, here are a few souvenirs I bought for very little money.

Luche libre mask, handmade toy wrestling ring and plastic figures, bottle opener, and 12" plastic luchador figure with a parachute so it works like a kite:

Those parachute/ kite figures (usually featuring bootleg superheroes) are all over the place and usually sell for between 100 and 150 pesos (between $5 and $8) each. I found the ancient Robin figure (with disintegrating parachute) on a dusty bottom shelf in a large, unorganized mess of a store and bought it for 50 pesos ($2.75). The other four (including the luchador above) set me back about $15 total.

Speaking of bootleg toys, I couldn't resist this hybrid of Homer Simpson and The Punisher:

I paid way too much for this (about $13 US dollars). No regrets.

I never wear clothes with stuff printed on them, but I just couldn't resist picking up one of these:

I have a whole lot of weird and wonderful stuff in addition to my vast collection of books. Perhaps I'll start a different thread and post some of the gems once I get my phone/ camera and computer situations sorted out. I still have plenty more books to post as well. I need to do a deep spring cleaning and purge a large amount of superfluous stuff from our apartment, and plan to get crackin' on that while I'm on the dole and looking for a new job.

Welp, if you read this whole thing, thanks for indulging my vain venting. And if not, that's OK too.

I promised I'd tie this into books somehow, so here goes:

START READING HERE IF YOU SKIPPED AHEAD FOR THE BOOKS

The resort/ hotel we stayed at had a bookcase in a little outdoor reading nook near one of the pools, and encouraged guests to leave their unwanted vacation books behind and grab one that someone else left behind. This made for a truly random selection of odd books, mostly obscure paperbacks. And also the Fifty Shades of Gray books. You can't get away from those. I spent some time one afternoon going through everything they had and taking pictures of anything I found to be notable.

I started reading this one. It is simultaneously terrible and enjoyable. I ended up taking it with me to read on the plane.

yaffle posted:

Nevil Shute is a pretty good writer, If you like that I'd recommend "No Highway" and "A town like Alice".

In retrospect, I missed a golden opportunity to read On The Beach on the beach. I live right next to a beach skirting the filthy waters of the San Francisco Bay, but that's really not the same.

Sobatchja Morda posted:

Quoting this because this book is legitimately great and written by one of the coolest primatologists.

Seriously, this book is amazing. Everybody should do themselves a favor and read it immediately.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

New (to me) book:

Braille edition of February 1982 issue of Playboy (part 2 of 4)

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

I'm cheating, but more people should see A Gun for George.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Rascar Capac posted:

Polyester suits and AMC Gremlins? Sign me up.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Proteus Jones posted:

Polyester suits and AMC Gremlins? Sign me up.

When your Gremlin bursts into flame from being tapped gently on the bumper, your polyester suit will melt to your skin, creating a water-tight seal which will keep you dry as firefighters attempt to extinguish the fire which is consuming the twisted metal prison in which you find yourself trapped. Synergy!

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

Rascar Capac posted:

The "Full of BRUTAL violence" sticker would make a good av

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I'm trying to be frugal while I look for a new job, so this is the only new book I've picked up in the last month.

It is a highly entertaining autobiography, although I'm an Ice-T fan, so I might be biased.

I still have a bunch of books I've been meaning to post here. I'll go through my shelves today and take more pictures.

In the meantime, here is an absolutely amazing book that I mentioned earlier in the thread (but did not post):

I wrote about it in more detail in the Chick tract thread:

Gutter Phoenix posted:

I think that the topic of word magic is fascinating. I've seen lots of footnotes and short references to magic names, magic words, and curses that rely on the power of magic words and names, but I can't think of a single book or in-depth article on that specific topic. I'm sure there are a ton of scholarly articles on the topic, and probably a bunch of books as well, but I don't know of any. A quick internet search led to a lot of crypto-pagan amateur speculation by weirdos who add a k to the end of the word magic. It's easy to find books/ articles on numerology and stuff that falls under the umbrella of Kabbalah, but I'm more interested in the ancient stuff.

Anyway, these two books reference word magic, and even if they didn't, they are good sources for ancient religious stories:

Ancient Near Eastern Texts Relating to the Old Testament is exactly what one would assume from the title. It is a classic, and contains a bunch of ancient religious and secular texts that are rarely published anywhere elsewhere. Several of the footnotes for various religious texts reference word magic.

Hebrew Myths by Robert Graves and Raphael Patai is a pretty decent collection of Hebrew stories from both the Book of Genesis and various other ancient sources. (It really is a shame that Lilith didn't make it into the Bible). The footnotes are thorough, and word/ number magic plays a role in many of the stories, so the topic comes up quite a bit.

If anyone else can recommend books, or detailed articles on the subject of ancient religious beliefs pertaining to word/ number magic, please post them!

You are not alone.

Hal Linden Lindsey's The Late, Great Planet Earth has sold about 35 million copies since 1970. That's a fraction of the 900,000,000+ tracts Jack Chick published (This Was Your Life alone has sold over 100 million copies), but it's still one of the most published books of all time. I've never read it, but I assume it's funny. With that many copies in circulation, it's a good bet I'll find a cheap copy at a garage sale or junk store one of these days.

I used to have this record, but must have lost it during one of the many moves I've made over the years:

Happily, I've managed to hold on to this gem I picked up used at Amoeba Records in Berkeley about twenty years ago:

I've never read the Left Behind series, although I did pick up a cheap used copy of the first volume a few years back. I'll probably binge read them all one of these days.

This seems like a good time to talk about one of the greatest books I have ever read. Now that I think about it, it probably exposed me to Chick tracts for the first time, and definitely exposed me to crackpot Evangelical lunacy for the first time.

Projection for Survival by Leon Bates (1977)

When I was about fifteen, my dad returned from a library sale with a stack of books he thought I'd find interesting, and this was among them. I think he glanced at the cover and thought it was about UFOs, or conspiracy theories, or survival in the wilderness, or... I don't even know. Anyway, I guess it is about all of those topics in some way. Mostly it's about the rapture, but Leon Bates strays into all sorts of other topics over the course of this excellent book. The artwork appears to be heavily influenced by Jack Chick's, but it looks like it was drawn by a ten-year old (and for all I know, it have have been). The text makes Chick's beliefs seem moderate by comparison. Also, it uses Chick tracts as a source at least two times. This was probably my first exposure to Chick tracts, although it'd be nearly twenty years before I got my own copy of Kings of the East.

Enjoy some highlights!

Chick references:

I picked up a second copy of this a couple of years ago, figuring that it'd make a fine gift for someone special. While taking pictures this afternoon, I noticed that Leon updated the family photos he used in the book.

The copy I recently purchased was the first printing from 1977, and had this somewhat normal, albeit dorky, looking late-70's family photo:

In the 1979 reprint that I'd grown to know and love, his daughter was replaced by Alfred E. Neuman:

The later version also had this vacation photo of Leon, which relates to the topic of magic numbers from earlier in this overlong post.

I love this picture:

About ten years ago, I looked up Leon Bates and was happy to see he is still at it. I just remembered that I emailed his organization, and a week later I received a CD-ROM containing a PowerPoint presentation of the material in Projection for Survival, as well as a handful of pamphlets. I think I might still have them in a big box of miscellaneous religious tracts. I'll post them if I find them. They might not be Chick tracts, but they deserve an honorable mention.

Here is Leon Bates' website:

http://www.bbea.org/index.php/history

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Holy poo poo, every illustration you posted is an avatar waiting to happen

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I lived in Kansas for 9 years and nothing even remotely this cool ever happened

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Where are these "Sexual Relief Clinics" located? Asking for a friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Several of those Bates pages could have just as easily appeared in Book of The Subgenius.