Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

I already own a Fiona Apple album.

Haha, whoa there, grandpa!! This reference is as old as a middle-aged African Grey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

Haha, whoa there, grandpa!! This reference is as old as a middle-aged African Grey.
Idler Wheel only came out in 2012 and will be good forever.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Idler Wheel only came out in 2012 and will be good forever.

This is still too old for my adult budgie to have heard it on Pandora, but I am not taking it under advisement that he should listen to his roots.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

I’m sure everyone has had this moment

https://twitter.com/itazuraoumu/status/980017093381779457

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Well the budgie figured out how to open hidden SD and SIM card slots on various devices and that pushing the cards with his beak removes the card and now I don't think he will ever forget how to do tnis nor will I ever leave him out, unsupervised, even if it's just to go pee.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Well the budgie figured out how to open hidden SD and SIM card slots on various devices and that pushing the cards with his beak removes the card and now I don't think he will ever forget how to do tnis nor will I ever leave him out, unsupervised, even if it's just to go pee.

Tomorrow, the world!

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
Comrade Budgie, secure the microfiche and your deep cover mission will finally be complete.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Mine has miraculously been good about my touch screen lately. For awhile, I was narrowly avoiding sending Facebook messages to people I hadn't seen since high school.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.
Are we doing the thing we did last year where if you posted Ina thread you would be put on probation and the reason posted was a bird picture?

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Beelerzebub posted:

Are we doing the thing we did last year where if you posted Ina thread you would be put on probation and the reason posted was a bird picture?

:toxx: I live I die I live again

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I'm going to take that as a no. :(

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Beelerzebub posted:

We can ask nicely

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Today I met an African Grey named Boris. He was jibbering about God knows what.

My friend told me, "He only speaks Russian."

So I relied with my only Russian to say, "Sweetheart, there is no God! Sweetheart!"

The parrot now loves me and wolf whistles. Why do I know those phrases in Russia? I used to fence with a Russian from the 1980's Olympic Team. Of course that's what he taught me to say.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Tell him "mnravitsa popugov yest"

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Beelerzebub posted:

I'm sorry! Since April Fool's coincided with Easter this year I wasn't around enough to want to post another probirbtion thread.

I'll hit you with one when I get home tonight though :getin:

Pip pip pip
Oct 24, 2010

The cutest little fascist

We have some family coming to visit for a week, which includes a 1.5 year old baby/toddler. They're staying with us.

Any tips on preventing a baby vs. Conure screaming match? I already intend to have no physical interaction bc I don't want my birbs to get squished. They've never encountered a child before so this will be interesting...

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pip pip pip posted:

We have some family coming to visit for a week, which includes a 1.5 year old baby/toddler. They're staying with us.

Any tips on preventing a baby vs. Conure screaming match? I already intend to have no physical interaction bc I don't want my birbs to get squished. They've never encountered a child before so this will be interesting...

Let me know how this goes, because it's about to be my permanent future.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bicyclops posted:

Let me know how this goes, because it's about to be my permanent future.

If it doesn't work out, you can just rehome the screaming little monster and keep the cockatiel.

Congratulations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If it doesn't work out, you can just rehome the screaming little monster and keep the cockatiel.

Congratulations.

A budgie in our case. We're taking bets on how long it takes for the budgie to imitate a baby crying once he learns it means attention.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I'm sorry! Since April Fool's coincided with Easter this year I wasn't around enough to want to post another probirbtion thread.

I'll hit you with one when I get home tonight though :getin:

I wouldn't be mad.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Potato Salad posted:

:toxx: I live I die I live again

:banme:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Beelerzebub posted:

I wouldn't be mad.

okay, here you go!

...it's the same picture as the first time.

april fools :twisted:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
How spiteful

Just like a bird!!!

insertdumbnamehere
Jan 1, 2013
Can I get one too? Love my probirbtion record.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
If you make birds a crime only criminals will be birds!!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Did I hear something about a birbation? :shobon:

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

So Spencer finally "figured out" his circular foraging toy. After hours of playing with it this weekend he solved the puzzle by undoing the screw that held the front plate on and just took it apart.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

Thanks for the probation! Also, would a cockatiel make for a good bird for someone who has never owned a bird before?

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Beelerzebub posted:

Thanks for the probation! Also, would a cockatiel make for a good bird for someone who has never owned a bird before?

cockatiels own

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Beelerzebub posted:

A COCKATIEL IS A GREAT FIRST TIME BIRD OWNER BIRD, THEY'RE SMALL AND SMOL BUT ALSO RELATIVELY INDEPENDENT SO THEY CAN GO THROUGH THE WORKING DAY MOSTLY OKAY IF YOU GIVE THEM LOTS OF ATTENTION BEFORE YOU LEAVE AND WHEN YOU RETURN. ALSO PLEASE MORE COCKATIEL PICTURES I'M HAVING A BAD DAY.

Veritas
Aug 20, 2003

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

Potato Salad posted:

A COCKATIEL IS A GREAT FIRST TIME BIRD OWNER BIRD, THEY'RE SMALL AND SMOL BUT ALSO RELATIVELY INDEPENDENT SO THEY CAN GO THROUGH THE WORKING DAY MOSTLY OKAY IF YOU GIVE THEM LOTS OF ATTENTION BEFORE YOU LEAVE AND WHEN YOU RETURN. ALSO PLEASE MORE COCKATIEL PICTURES I'M HAVING A BAD DAY.

:emptyquote:

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

Tito's adorable.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009

mikerock posted:

So Spencer finally "figured out" his circular foraging toy. After hours of playing with it this weekend he solved the puzzle by undoing the screw that held the front plate on and just took it apart.

Sounds about right. Why spend all that time rotating it around every time you want a treat when you can just rotate the one thing and have ALL the treats?

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

mikerock posted:

If it solves the problem, it's a solution!

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

If it solves the problem, it's a solution!

He didn't prove it for every situation, and he didn't write a QED, though, so we're going to have to take points off for that.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Trying to get slo mo bath time footage. But I can’t sneak the phone near without the phone overriding his interest

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Sliding into my computer chair as my bird sits grooming atop my monitor:

"Hello, Amadeus."
"Hey you."

Sometimes it's the little things in life. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007