Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

JoelJoel posted:

I have no idea how this image was taken.

You put a mirror above the toilet and set the self timer on the phone camera

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

A friend of mine once had a crazy girlfriend who would only have brown sugar in her coffee. She wouldn't use white sugar because she was vegan and was convinced that white sugar is only white because it's coated in whale fat.

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib

Random Stranger posted:

You joke but they've literally made that comic.

Because comics are terrible.

Do comics not have editors? Is there no one to be like "No stop. That's hosed up."

???

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Stoatbringer posted:

A friend of mine once had a crazy girlfriend who would only have brown sugar in her coffee. She wouldn't use white sugar because she was vegan and was convinced that white sugar is only white because it's coated in whale fat.

Dunno about your friend's crazy girlfriend, but some sugar is bleached with bone char so she's not too far off.

Apparently some brown sugar in the US is just re-dyed white sugar though, so her solution was not ideal.

Real vegans use Stevia anyway

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

pidan posted:

Real vegans use Stevia anyway
They just make that from Steve.

Barbed Tongues
Mar 16, 2012

Stoatbringer posted:

Some white sugar is processed using bone char, which does give it a whiter hue and makes it no-vegan. But joke's on her, cause it's used in brown sugars too.

e: fb

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Strudel Man posted:

They just make that from Steve.

Yeah but he consents, so it's okay.

Vegans make the most interesting cannibal societies.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

sunken fleet posted:

Do comics not have editors? Is there no one to be like "No stop. That's hosed up."

???

What happened was Alan Moore made a really good comic called The Watch-Men, which dealt with mature topics and was self reflexive about the medium of comic books. So a bunch of other comic book writers were like, "I wanna do that too!"

But it turns out most comic book writers are terrible at it

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
There was also The Dark Knight Returns which dealt with an aging hero coming back to fight crime again. Except this time he didn't gently caress someone so bad they got cancer.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Guy Goodbody posted:

What happened was Alan Moore made a really good comic called The Watch-Men, which dealt with mature topics and was self reflexive about the medium of comic books. So a bunch of other comic book writers were like, "I wanna do that too!"

But it turns out most comic book writers are terrible at it

Alan Moore isn't even good at it

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Who What Now posted:

Alan Moore isn't even good at it

My favorite Alan Moore story was when DC decided to make prequels to The Watch-Men, and said they were gonna be written and drawn by the top talent in comic books today, or something like that. And Moore made a dismissive comment about the concept of talent in superhero comics today. There was a bit of an uproar, that Moore would insult all these big name modern artists and Moore clarified, basically saying "I said what I said in the heat of the moment, without thinking, and I absolutely stand by it"

And then the prequel comics came out and were all terrible.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Stoatbringer posted:

There are people who think brown sugar is healthier than white sugar, like brown bread and white bread

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Phlegmish posted:

There are people who think brown sugar is healthier than white sugar, like brown bread and white bread

Well if more nutrients = healthier then they're probably right. It's not like they believe white sugar is refined with bleach or something.

e: it seems you have a point and that refined sugar is quite rare and in here at least white sugar is mostly non refined. And brown sugar is because of cooking. Well I learned something today

SpaceGoatFarts has a new favorite as of 22:18 on Apr 4, 2018

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'm assuming this is a dam joke.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

zoux posted:

Stickers are NOT a joke!!!!

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

zoux posted:

If you have to ask

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/Kissedby_k/status/980465528929247233

https://twitter.com/FridleyCent/status/980276126596653056

https://twitter.com/kyry5/status/981266563113172992

https://twitter.com/bbbyjocey/status/980942568832737280

https://twitter.com/adamkovic/status/981193337032994816

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

Dear god...

They've mechanized!

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That looks like the D train. I don't blame them.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The Ape of Naples posted:

That looks like the D train. I don't blame them.

It's the J train now.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

In Boston, we have the green line.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

My favorite Alan Moore story was when DC decided to make prequels to The Watch-Men, and said they were gonna be written and drawn by the top talent in comic books today, or something like that. And Moore made a dismissive comment about the concept of talent in superhero comics today. There was a bit of an uproar, that Moore would insult all these big name modern artists and Moore clarified, basically saying "I said what I said in the heat of the moment, without thinking, and I absolutely stand by it"

And then the prequel comics came out and were all terrible.
Say what you will about Moore, he takes full advantage of his burnt bridges to say whatever he wants about how lovely the comics industry is.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Lobok posted:

It's the J train now.

Nice

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

JoelJoel posted:

I have no idea how this image was taken.

Gotta Facetime my butt to test my bidet

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

This is the future liberals want

* e: oops meant to quote the snake one

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Data Graham posted:

This is the future liberals want

* e: oops meant to quote the snake one

We can want two things.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

IncredibleIgloo posted:

We can want two things.

Typical entitled millennials, wanting two things.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

IncredibleIgloo posted:

We can want two things.

Snakes on a Train?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

They used to call me "The D Train" in college.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Solice Kirsk posted:

No, they said you rode the D Train

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Oooooo. That makes way more sense. Because of all the gay sex, you see.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Solice Kirsk posted:

I doubt anyone called you in college, except by mistake.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Only your professors.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Stoatbringer posted:

That's certainly crazy

e: i guess not as crazy as i thought but still whale fat

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:

RaspberryCommie posted:

Only your professors.

:nattyburn:

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Gotta Facetime my butt to test my bidet

If we aren't going to post funny pictures, can we do a bidet derail? Seriously, they're the poo poo.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

New season of Assyrian Chopper is looking good.