Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Where are you guys watching these?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPwjK7WMs7c

a cow
May 6, 2007

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
sair/reaver pvz doesn't seem close to fair on this dumb island

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
You might be correct, but I would like to see a few more games before making a final decision about the map's balance. If it forces defensive late-game PvZ it will at least be somewhat amusing to watch.

Edit: Day 1, game 1 is my favorite match so far but I enjoyed day 2 more overall. I want more Terran games, though.

LLCoolJD fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Mar 14, 2018

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

It looks like Sky might have been arrested for match fixing

https://compete.kotaku.com/starcraft-remastered-pro-arrested-for-match-fixing-1823809648

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

It always amazes me that there's actually a gambling market for professional Starcraft. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised at anything gambling-related.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
korea has no legal gambling and all illegal gambling is mob run. Besides, people into gambling gamble on anything and esports being a lot closer in status to actual sports in korea, it's only natural that people are gambling on e sports.

The crazy thing is that the players fixing matches in the past were making huge amounts of money.

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

Only 4k to throw a quarterfinals match? Yikes. These guys must be making pennies.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
where can I watch day 3 of asl? they didn't stream it on their YouTube channels for some reason so there's no vod I can find

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

http://vod.afreecatv.com/PLAYER/STATION/31766795

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

My phone isn't playing nice with that VOD. I really hope that they upload day 3 to YouTube.

Edit: It's up on Youtube. Brood War is so much less predictable than SCII. Some really cool stuff happened in group C and we even saw a scout!

LLCoolJD fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Mar 19, 2018

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

Mong eating a hotdog and Snow's games are the highlight of ASL5 so far

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Mong's hotdog eating would be less pathetic if he didn't wipe out 0-2 in the opening round.

That was some good PvZ on Transister.

LLCoolJD fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Mar 21, 2018

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

dogmother1776 posted:

Mong eating a hotdog and Snow's games are the highlight of ASL5 so far

My favorites so far are probably Stork v Horang2 on Transistor and Mind v Rush on Sparkle.

I might like mirror matches

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Mirror matches are good on Sparkle because no one can complain that the other race has an advantage. I'm not qualified to weigh in on the balance of Sparkle but I love strange maps like it and hope they keep them in the rotation.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Some extremely crazy games this set :eyepop:

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Yeah. The final match turned into a much more interesting game than I had expected it to be.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I thought it was a pretty garbage set of games except for the last one, honestly.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
the last group had the best games, I even liked the ones on sparkle

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

LLCoolJD posted:

I'm not qualified to weigh in on the balance of Sparkle but I love strange maps like it and hope they keep them in the rotation.

:same: I've really enjoyed the Sparkle games because you can tell the island map meta is still in it's infancy compared to conventional maps, so you get to see pros experimenting with different strats.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the seeded Terrans handle it, especially Flash.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Nice TvP on Sparkle between Sea and Pusan. It's also still weird (but righteous and good) for me to be watching Jaedong compete in 2018. He is like the clichéd old ninja master at this point.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I hope island maps end up being where protoss unironically win games by building scouts.

I hope island maps end up being where terran build ghosts to counter scouts.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Mymla posted:

I hope island maps end up being where protoss unironically win games by building scouts.

I hope island maps end up being where terran build ghosts to counter scouts.

I think that Scouts might actually be an important linchpin in the Protoss army to counter Devourers. Just a few to snipe them down to save your Corsairs might be a tactic we see in the future, I hope.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I was super impressed by how good valks appear to be against corsairs; I've played and watched a bunch of starcraft but I can honestly say that I had no idea how that was going to go.

Cheech Marinade
Apr 17, 2002
Wasn't there a thing in brood war where only so many valk missles could be on the screen at a time, so any more than 3 Valkyries didn't help? I want to say this was "fixed" in remastered, though I'm surprised the pros allowed them to make that change.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

yeah there'd been a bug with valkyries' missiles all these years and they fixed it. weird they let it stand for so long.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Groovelord Neato posted:

yeah there'd been a bug with valkyries' missiles all these years and they fixed it. weird they let it stand for so long.

Well it's not like they had the source code to work with until some random dude found it in their attic. :v:

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Rapid and this starcraft 2 guy are not a great starcraft 1 commentating team

Elyv fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Apr 1, 2018

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat
rapid loving blows and his constant forced overexcitement makes him unlistenable to me

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i legit don't watch casts if they aren't tastosis.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Lol that the best casting partner to Rapid that Afreeca could find was a guy who obviously never watched ASL and whose only experience of Brood War was playing money maps as a kid. :stare:

Also Rapid calling Mind "Flash" in the ZvT half the time was so bad.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

Fanatic posted:

Lol that the best casting partner to Rapid that Afreeca could find was a guy who obviously never watched ASL and whose only experience of Brood War was playing money maps as a kid. :stare:

the name mix up had me more irritated than I thought it would. why didn't anyone tell him.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Fanatic posted:

I'm happy to see that afreeca has noregret on their list of backups because he and artosis were a really interesting casting duo when he subbed in for tasteless and it was great hearing someone who was familiar with the timings to the second. God drat was he out of his depth casting BW though.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

i was a lot more sympathetic to rapid before i read an article about him being a huge creep in the LoL scene. the article might've been scrubbed but basically he imposed himself on people and slept in their hotel rooms without permission all in some weird gambit to ingratiate himself with Riot. i guess he got run out of that poo poo and now we're stuck with him.

e: lol. i swear an actual journalist investigated this and wrote it up but it seems to be gone now.
https://web.archive.org/web/20130907092326/http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/1lohuw/a_tale_of_an_unwanted_hotel_guest_pax

Antares fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Apr 4, 2018

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Rapid is a strange dude, but strangest of all was him not knowing who was playing in the matches. The awkward silence by Artosis when Rapid joked about harming animals was also quite a moment.

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003
Hell of a first match tonight.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Mandoric posted:

Hell of a first match tonight.

Hell of an... EVERY match tonight. Grade-A games all around :eyepop:

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Holy poo poo larva v jaedong was A+++