Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
Tell her how many piss streams your cock has

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Owlbear Camus posted:

hey guys i realize it's a dumb ask but a cute girl who i'm p sure has a crush on me sent me this and the online translators aren't doing it for me:

Tlhih ghaj been a qu' jup to jih. My parmaq for tlhih is qu'

i figured maybe there was a goon who was a native speaker who could help a brother out.

the online translators are probably getting hung up by the fact she's mixing english and klingon. i also wonder if she was using an online translator. here's what bing's translator came up with for the individual klingon words:

"[all of you] [have] been a [duty] [friend] to [I was]. my [love] for [all of you] is [duty]"

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

If your universal translator is messing up just go in for the kiss.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Thanks goons. From what I could get from it I figured it was meant to be some kind of oblique and goony profession of, you know, whatever. I appreciate the confirmation.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Owlbear Camus posted:

hey guys i realize it's a dumb ask but a cute girl who i'm p sure has a crush on me sent me this and the online translators aren't doing it for me:

i figured maybe there was a goon who was a native speaker who could help a brother out.

Geordi is a goon confirmed

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

Tell her because of various treaties you aren't allowed to use cloaking devices

(on your penis)
Ive heard that Hu-Mon :females: get angered at executing the Picard Manoeuvre on them.

Basically dont exit and reappear where not expected, or a great dishonor will befall your house

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Owlbear Camus posted:

I don't speak it but loving around online the best I can do is

your klingon buddy posted:

He's been tlhih to my friend a jih. my love for kih is fierce

If you're "kih" you could be in for some rough lovin'

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

You can probably get a bij from her.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Just scream "Experience Bij!" and push her head down to your crotch.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
hey bud, first off you must let her see the fire in your eyes. words come later, it is the scent that first speaks of love.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Kitchner posted:

Tell her how many piss streams your cock has

"show, don't tell"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Man I just had this crazy dream of a 1000 year old alien shows up on the station and is murdered. The doctor finds out this alien has an accessible psychic memory but you would have to experience it chronologically. Dax volunteers as the only biologically compatible alien who could handle such a long memory.

She discovers a life full of hardship, slavery, servitude where everyone she ever thinks is a friend betrays her (played by the cast), at one point she works for a Pharaoh played by Sisko who destroys her homeworld. At the end discovers it was a suicide and wakes up crying and giving a long rant about how there was no hope, no equality, no justice or feminism. Odo pats her on the shoulder awkwardly. Fade out, credits.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Was thinking that sounds more O'Brien, but then again, with a few changes that's almost literally Kira's life already, she'd have said to live with it and get revenge by living well.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Man I just had this crazy dream of a 1000 year old alien shows up on the station and is murdered. The doctor finds out this alien has an accessible psychic memory but you would have to experience it chronologically. Dax volunteers as the only biologically compatible alien who could handle such a long memory.

She discovers a life full of hardship, slavery, servitude where everyone she ever thinks is a friend betrays her (played by the cast), at one point she works for a Pharaoh played by Sisko who destroys her homeworld. At the end discovers it was a suicide and wakes up crying and giving a long rant about how there was no hope, no equality, no justice or feminism. Odo pats her on the shoulder awkwardly. Fade out, credits.

:stare:

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Anyone who says this has never actually seen the 70’s version.

It is dire.

I did watch it. :colbert:
True, it over 10 years ago and I've forgotten like 90% of it, so I'd watch it again just to see how much I remember. :v:

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Goddamn that TNG trivia last night was fun and got surprisingly hard. My friend and I were Team Potatoes O'Brian, got 57/60 correct.

Only ones I got wrong were;
Which of the following people were NOT crew-members during the first episode?
1) Geordie 2) Troi 3) Worf 4) Wesley Crusher, I couldn't remember Worf in the first episode, it was Wesley because he wasn't part of the CREW yet, just a kid.

In the episode "Tapestry", What is the race of aliens that shoots Picard and causes him to go into Cardiac arrest?
Lenarians. It's in a throw-away line of dialogue and they're never brought up again.

What room are Worf and Troi seen leaving at the beginning of "All Good Things Pt 1?"
Holodeck. My buddy thought it was Troi's quarters.

I miss trivia nights, it was a loving blast. I almost yelled at the quiz-master because he said the Enterprise's sister ship was the Yamamoto, it's the Yamato.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

i always wanted to have a cool trekdream :( closest i've ever come is one time i was detoxing off pain pills and whilst feverishly deliriously shaking and shivering, kicking my aching legs in hershey-squirting misery, drifting in and out of consciousness and sanity, i let Voyager run on Netflix to try and put me to sleep and instead i became convinced i was in the sickbay on Voyager and kept hearing Janeway talking about me, asking the Doctor if i'd make it and stuff, or Tom Paris beepbooping me with a medical tricorder and making corny dated pop culture references and goofy "take my wife, please!" ball & chain jokes about BLT, and worst of all Neelix kept trying to get me to smile, cracking stupid jokes, telling long detailed stories about his massive family being burnt to a crisp in an instant but clinging to life for days from the Metryon Cascade, describing their monstrous ketchupy faces and burned meatloaf-lookin' bodies, weeping and wailing from their hospital beds and begging Neelix to pull the plug on their ventilators or put poison in their IV drips, anything to bring their suffering to a end, apparently these stories were supposed to cheer me up but his disgustingly detailed descriptions of their grody barbecued flesh made me start dry-heaving and at one point I remember actually starting to cry and begging Neelix to leave me alone, like begging him outloud with actual words and not imagining it in my head, until i suddenly snapped out of it and realized i was in my own bed and not trapped on a Starship of the Damned in the delta quadrant with my fate in the hands of a psychotic matriarchal despot and a pederast space cat and a milquetoast clownshoes baby boomer's idea of a future space fonzi torturing me for my personal failings

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

MA-Horus posted:

Goddamn that TNG trivia last night was fun and got surprisingly hard. My friend and I were Team Potatoes O'Brian, got 57/60 correct.

Only ones I got wrong were;
1) Geordie 2) Troi 3) Worf 4) Wesley Crusher, I couldn't remember Worf in the first episode, it was Wesley because he wasn't part of the CREW yet, just a kid.

In the episode "Tapestry", What is the race of aliens that shoots Picard and causes him to go into Cardiac arrest?
Lenarians. It's in a throw-away line of dialogue and they're never brought up again.

What room are Worf and Troi seen leaving at the beginning of "All Good Things Pt 1?"
Holodeck. My buddy thought it was Troi's quarters.

I miss trivia nights, it was a loving blast. I almost yelled at the quiz-master because he said the Enterprise's sister ship was the Yamamoto, it's the Yamato.

King of the Thread right here.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That first question seems easy. I have no idea how you could get 57 and not remember if Worf was in the pilot

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

mycomancy posted:

King of the Thread right here.

pfft, i wouldn't have hosed up the Farpoint question :colbert:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

MA-Horus posted:

:goonsay:

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

That first question seems easy. I have no idea how you could get 57 and not remember if Worf was in the pilot

The first 10 were laughably easy, like "What was the registration code of the enterprise D" or "What is the name of the lounge on the enterprise"

They started getting harder pretty quick. What was the name of the disease Old Picard had in All Good Things? When was the first appearance of Riker's Beard? poo poo like that.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Gatekeeper posted:

ol two-takes has weighed in: ds9 is the best

http://comicbook.com/startrek/2018/04/02/jonathan-frakes-favorite-star-trek-series/

“I’m one of the people who really liked Deep Space Nine,” Frakes answered. “I think they took more chances. I loved the people on Voyager. Voyager always felt like Next Gen lite to me. And Enterprise felt like they had gone to the well…you know, that was the fourth series in however many years it was. And again, nothing negative about any of the people on the show, it’s just that the appetite for Star Trek, frankly, I thought that Paramount was so freaking greedy that they created all these shows and watered down how great the essence of what Roddenberry had created was.”

lol he actually said "next gen-lite" haha

“In spite of the fact they didn’t get to boldly go where no one had gone before - people came to them - they told wonderful stories and they tried things and there was a lot more use of the magic of time travel and flashbacks,” Frakes said. “The characters weren’t all - because Roddenberry had died by this point - they had sort of pulled out of that idea that there would be no conflict, which is a hard way to make drama, there was conflict on that show, people did have issues on that show. There was some wonderful comedy on that show...I know it’s not everybody’s favorite, but I always enjoyed it, and I loved working on the show too.”

he probably was happy to finally see a show that acknowledged holodeck/holosuites for what they really would be: fuckdens of unimaginable perversion and deviance where death from loss of fluids was a very real ever present threat but the risks paled in comparison to the reward, which was learning that double-cumming technique from that infamous Craigslist personals ad

This is rad.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

everything about frakes is rad as hell, except maybe that thunderbirds movie he did that put the final nail in his film director career's coffin :( his tv directing career is a Highlander tho and I'm pretty sure it already killed Clancy Brown and got the quickening and won the prize, which is continuing to be a successful tv director :cool:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Gatekeeper posted:

everything about frakes is rad as hell, except maybe that thunderbirds movie he did that put the final nail in his film director career's coffin :( his tv directing career is a Highlander tho and I'm pretty sure it already killed Clancy Brown and got the quickening and won the prize, which is continuing to be a successful tv director :cool:

He's also been directing The Librarians for the past few seasons.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTZIknM6coM

this commentary is extremely lol

just gonna put this on in the background...

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i was also thinking of shaving my beard...but ive decided not to for some reason

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

When in doubt, shoot low and wide. - Jonathan "Two Takes" Frakes

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

numberoneposter posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTZIknM6coM

this commentary is extremely lol

just gonna put this on in the background...

I've listened just to the first two minutes and I'm already lolling at him just riffing at the theme music. God bless his soul.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Im getting Orson Welles wine commercial vibes from that poo poo and it is amazing.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

MA-Horus posted:

The first 10 were laughably easy, like "What was the registration code of the enterprise D" or "What is the name of the lounge on the enterprise"

They started getting harder pretty quick. What was the name of the disease Old Picard had in All Good Things? When was the first appearance of Riker's Beard? poo poo like that.

I honestly think I wouldn't have scored half marks in this quiz despite really liking star trek.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
This might be terrible since I haven't installed it yet but there is a new Star Trek CCG. I just saw it on steam (where it's not released yet), but it's been out since February.

http://www.startrek.com/article/adversaries-online-collectible-card-game-available-now

Here's some of the cards. I guess you have a space ship and cards so who knows.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lol, janeway can dupe shuttles

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

She should have the infinite photon torpedoes ability too.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

She's actually been boning Q on the down low the whole time for cheat codes.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

EvilTaytoMan posted:

She should have the infinite photon torpedoes ability too.

No, it should be a power called "6 photon torpedoes" that let's you attack 56 times.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

ive been itchin to explore strange new worlds and seek out new life and new civilizations so i d/led star trek online

i fired the ol' girl up but instead of the game opening, it started downloading even more stuff called a Patch, like 22 gigs! it took like a day to finish then finally I got to make myself a sexy Andorian science officer lady and she rescued some ppl and fought off those crazy giant guys that threw spears at Spock and the gang in Galileo 7 and it was cool.

the next day I went to open it again: no dice, another 16 gigs of Patch to be downloaded first!!

what the christ??

I found some discussion forum about the game online, it was a Reddit page, and when i asked about the Patch thing (like what a Patch is and why it has to download all those isoquads of Patch every time I open the drat game) you wouldn't believe it - those terrible reddit ppl called me a troll and accused me of wasting their time!!!

now, this is the first computer game ive ever played that didn't involve skiing and an abominable snow monster. i haven't even played any sort of video game at all since Silent Hill 2 and 3 - I sorta played GTA San Andreas too but really I just drove around listening to Axl Rose be the DJ on that one radio station, and never played the actual game. plus Mario 64 and the SNES Mario games before that...and that sums up my experience and knowledge of video games. Im not even somewhat aware of what games are around these days - I can't name the newest systems, i've heard of Steam but i don't really know what it is (like a Netflix for video games I think?), and I don't know what MMO stands for (I think you play online with/against real ppl? the game that made those goons lose custody of their children was an MMO, right? that War Craft game?)

now I know silent Hill 2 and GoldenEye 64 were a while ago, but if you ask me, you shouldn't have to download a couple dozen gigs every time you want to open up and play a game! if i have to be connected to the internet to play it, why can't it download stuff while I play? and frankly while running around my ship and flying a shuttlecraft down to a planet and shooting a phaser at grody giants was all very cool, i still can't see why i needed to download 22 gigs ON TOP of the game itself in order to do all that stuff! and where do those karmic pedophilia upvote chodes get off calling me a troll for not knowing what a Patch is???

this world is too big and rough and tough for me, when just pretending to be an explorer of outer space is this challenging and difficult :(

Gatekeeper fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Apr 5, 2018

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

my instincts say troll but I kinda want it to be real

Good news is that once you've finished downloading all the tons of stuff, STO is pretty much a good space pew pew dress up game as long as you're really into star trek and have lots of patience and free time.

Also tons of cash shop and lockbox slot machine crap, though that's mostly if you have to have a certain ship from a side race.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I wish that I could find people to play chula with me :((((

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Inescapable Duck posted:

my instincts say troll but I kinda want it to be real

lol this is as real as it gets bud

Inescapable Duck posted:

Also tons of cash shop and lockbox slot machine crap,
crimson carrots! wtf does any of this mean? "cash shop and lockbox slot machine crap"? i had a friend who developed a brain tumor and towards the end it caused him to suffer from some form of aphasia where he would try to say one thing but instead he'd blurt out gibberish "word salad" instead. "cash shop and lockbox slot machine crap" sounds like what would have come out if he tried to tell me he preferred the first Darren on Bewitched.