Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Yeah Marwin in particular

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wax Dynasty
Jan 1, 2013

This postseason, I've really enjoyed bringing back the three-inning save.

Hell Gem

TheChirurgeon posted:

:siren: Attention remaining Astros fans - who else still wants an avatar? :siren:

I never got my Brad Peacock request from before.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Wax Dynasty posted:

I'll work on it tomorrow night :)

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

https://twitter.com/dschoenfield/status/981641319834628101

Not this poo poo again

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
I hate that poo poo. There was zero reason to pull Peacock when he was dealing just to satisfy some dumb notion that a save situation means you MUST put in a closer. Why waste an arm you don't need to waste?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Also Giles 100% would have given up the lead ;)

candide
Jun 16, 2002

The Tipping Point

TheChirurgeon posted:

:siren: Attention remaining Astros fans - who else still wants an avatar? :siren:

Korranus relinquished his claim on Beltran so I'll take him if you're still doing this

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
Ok avatar requests will be handled this week as I have time.

Unrelated note--Stassi came up big and is so far having a good season. How has this kid not gotten more playing time?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

TheChirurgeon posted:

Unrelated note--Stassi came up big and is so far having a good season. How has this kid not gotten more playing time?

He was an occasional call up dude and last year we weren’t really deploying a 3-man catcher rotation. Now that Gattis is full time DH there’s finally a regular spot open for Stassi. He’s pretty good, I’m excited to see how he progresses now that he’s getting a real chance to shine.

He also had to compete for time last year with Centeno.

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal

TheChirurgeon posted:

If you can fit in one more I'd take Cole because god damned dude has been on fire.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

spaced ninja posted:

If you can fit in one more I'd take Cole because god damned dude has been on fire.

yeah, I can probably do that.

My big challenge is that too many people asked for pitchers and there's only so many ways to draw them!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

You should do Gerrit Cole doing the Adam Cole pose imo.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Wax Dynasty posted:

DONE!

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

candide posted:

Korranus relinquished his claim on Beltran so I'll take him if you're still doing this

DONE!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Astros hitting status: Real Bad

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Today was the last day the public could see the Astrodome before the renovation starts, and Mike Acosta on twitter was posting a whole bunch of cool poo poo like this program from the first exhibition games

https://twitter.com/AstrosTalk/status/983522446681825280

Go look at his twitter for a lot of neat stuff

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I love the dome but the way this was all done is total bullshit

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Turning the Astrodome into a parking garage is simultaneously the most lazy bullshit they could have done and the most Houston thing of all time.

I was very partial to turning it into the Museum of Space Exploration and moving the rockets from Clear Lake into the dome and creating exhibit spaces on the concourses. Nobody wants to go all the way to loving Clear Lake when they come visit - at least have it centrally located. The park idea was cool too.

Sab0921 fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Apr 10, 2018

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
The park idea was my favorite

It IS bullshit but we can still enjoy the nostalgia trip/history

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Sab0921 posted:

Nobody wants to go all the way to loving Clear Lake

Some of us live here :colbert:

And it makes sense since, you know, the Space Center is right next door.

Wax Dynasty
Jan 1, 2013

This postseason, I've really enjoyed bringing back the three-inning save.

Hell Gem

Awesome, thanks kind goon!

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Some of us live here :colbert:

And it makes sense since, you know, the Space Center is right next door.

I went to Clear Lake High and.....Space Center Intermediate (in the 90s, oh Jesus I'm old)

I get why it is where it is - but to increase attendance and make it a true tourist destination - it should be more centrally located.

I guess I'm not sure what a museum would do if they had to close 8 Sundays out of the year and for three weeks during the Rodeo.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
I think I've got a little more time tonight, so after Cole are there any other avatar requests? Korranus? No Safe Word? Posture Pal?

Not gonna lie, I'm slightly irritated now when I see non-Astros avs in the thread :getin:

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

I like my Watt Chiratar already even though I'm not loving the Texans lately (except for DW4).

Though, I just thought of this .... I'd be interested in a Hinchatar. Not sure what I'd use for the text though. I could probably dig something up.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Hinch hunching over the dugout rail looking glum?

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

I want to complain about the hitting, but I feel very stupid complaining about a 9-2 defending world series champion team.

But really - bring back Beltran to remind us how to not strike out all the time.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

https://twitter.com/jakemkaplan/status/983816739329888257

Who needs lefty relievers anyway right? :shobon:

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Not when you have Devo

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Keuchel is really starting to worry me...

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kirios posted:

Keuchel is really starting to worry me...

I'm far more worried about the bats at this point

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Intruder posted:

I'm far more worried about the bats at this point

I'm tempering my fears by reminding myself that last season we also started slow bats-wise and were 8-4 through our first 12 games with 55 runs scored (compared to 50 so far this season) and then only because of a pair of 10-run games against Oakland and Seattle. (and 48 runs allowed vs 29 this season)

So anyways I'm telling myself that we'll heat up when the weather does (for now)

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Regardless how you feel about him, getting Yuli back will be a big boost.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
It’s April. I’m not worried just yet.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Also it's cold. Astros don't play well with cold.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Still pissed about yesterday. Let's hope Verlander gets us a series win tonight.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Lost season

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Boy I sure love watching this team make Bartolo Colon look like Greg Maddux!

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
Verlander is having a pretty good game, though.

Otoh its gonna be wasted as this team chases every single pitch and starts every AB down 0-2

Bring back Beltran

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Call up Tucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

This is really disappointing because Verlander has been absolutely outstanding.

• Locked thread