Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

RottenK posted:

this thread isn't the only discussion forum the exists, and if you look at twitter or reddit, which, for all their many faults, represent the general population a little better than an old semi-dead forum you need to pay to post on, you will find a lot of what I'm talking about, especially on twitter

the majority of this board is american idea of left, where anyone who isn't an insane fascist who wants to burn the world in the name of God/RAHOWA/both is awkwardly shoved together in a big tent of the single democratic party

just because I'll side with you if the only other choice is republicans, who are monsters and have to be fought no matter what, doesn't mean that I have to like you

Can you give us an actual cited example of this Hillary supporter in the wilds, or are we just going to talk about nebulous "liberals" some more?

Also you are forced in the tent with me? You don't know anything about my personal beliefs. I could be more "left" than you (god this is loving dumb).

Your "no true leftist" shtick is getting old my dude; try something else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

At this point someone's opinion on Hilary is irrelevant and shouldn't even be part of the discussion. Where people stand on healthcare, labor, and human rights issues is way more important than 2016 election bingo.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

A lot of the overpaid ‘consultant class’ of the DNC is scared of Bernie and actual leftists because if they get to run the DNC, those consultants won’t get to make $100K+ for doing nothing that matters to anyone outside of the DC bubble.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Mendrian posted:

At this point someone's opinion on Hilary is irrelevant and shouldn't even be part of the discussion. Where people stand on healthcare, labor, and human rights issues is way more important than 2016 election bingo.

Not to mention, there a multiple threads for "HRC/Dems are a waste"

This here thread is for shitposting about whatever comes to mind and then trying to link it tenuously to our omnipresent Trumpschmerz

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

axeil posted:

Yeah. Imperialism isn't good by any stretch but compared to all the other empires of human history (Roman, British, Mongol, French, Belgian, etc.) the US is miles ahead in terms of "not committing crimes against humanity". Still not great, but a big improvement.

The Vietnam War alone caused >5 million deaths so no, we really aren't better.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

FlamingLiberal posted:

There is a strong portion of self-described
‘the Resistance’ people (the Eric Garlands, Peter Daos and other political ‘consultants’) who constantly defend Hillary and blame Bernie and leftists for her losing. They are not fans of Jeremy Corbyn either.

So like three or four professional rear end lickers. On the ground the vast majority of actual Dem voters have moved on or so it seems to me.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

kidkissinger posted:

Insanely good username:post combo

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Not to mention, there a multiple threads for "HRC/Dems are a waste"

This here thread is for shitposting about whatever comes to mind and then trying to link it tenuously to our omnipresent Trumpschmerz

You're just angry I posted those goats.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

KickerOfMice posted:

I'm just filling time until we get to pg. 666, the cool Satan page

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

canepazzo posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/981881669593559040

That's a really poo poo headline, Donnie - on the level of "The Derek Zoolander School for Kids Who Can't Read Good and Want to Do Other Stuff Good Too"

Good to know Trump writes headlines like Leslie Knope writes headlines

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Did you miss the qualifier? The admission that yes the United States has done some less than good things even some downright despicable ones. But that tends to go hand in hand with being a world power and compared to some of the poo poo that the British, the French, the Romans and literally every other world power that came before us we've been gentle and benevolent.

Also in those cases where we haven't it's been those of the same ideological ilk who have been responsible.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

RottenK posted:

if you look at twitter or reddit, which, for all their many faults, represent the general population a little better

Reddit is really good at getting people to sort themselves in tiny little communities where outside ideas and influence are resisted or ignored. Twitter is really good at giving you a select amount of information from a select amount of individuals.

I would never base what I believe a group or large part of people to be based on those two platforms.

Skex posted:

Did you miss the qualifier? The admission that yes the United States has done some less than good things even some downright despicable ones.

Maybe his problem is that y'all haven't been talking about how terrible the US has been in some of these aspects.

Doctor Butts fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Apr 5, 2018

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

I mean honestly who the gently caress cares. Let them blame Bernie, so long as they hold good opinions on the poo poo that matters. (I don't know those people and have no idea what their opinions are on mattering things.)

The right would love nothing more than a forever-litigation of 2016. It's stupid. We should be above personalities. If somebody supports healthcare for all or minimum basic income, let them in. If they don't, eat them.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

canepazzo posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/981881669593559040

That's a really poo poo headline, Donnie - on the level of "The Derek Zoolander School for Kids Who Can't Read Good and Want to Do Other Stuff Good Too"

So the headline is fake news because it reports that China is retaliating, rather than simply stating that he's attacking them(and also noting that DJT is da #1 bestest ever who will end all problems)?

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe
But look how reddit and twitter voted in the special elections! :ohdear: Hope is lost.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

KickerOfMice posted:

I liked your goats. :3:

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

FizFashizzle posted:

Yeah I actually think a lot about greenwald because it gives me pause and makes me wonder if this is just some pointlessly naive echo chamber and we're all just jacking each other off.

He's constantly against the IC, and doesn't believe the excuses and lies it constantly comes up with to cover its rear end.

Not just the intel community but the entire military industrial complex, which he thinks has hurt more people and done more evil than any other extant organization. I'm not sure the MIC's misery and death score is higher than, say China's but it's certainly a contender, so he's Not Wrong, but he leans too hard on that kernel. That might be my bias as a beneficiary of the actions of the MIC, though.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/natalie_allison/status/981718395619106816?s=20

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Has Stormfront even been relevant ever since /pol/ became a thing? Let alone Reddit.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

TulliusCicero posted:

Can you give us an actual cited example of this Hillary supporter in the wilds, or are we just going to talk about nebulous "liberals" some more?

well for me the easiest examples are people like Peter Daou and Candice Aiston

the way they're acting and how they talk about leftists is very close to what I see from many #resistance liberals

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

Imagine paying money to be a nazi.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Has Stormfront even been relevant ever since /pol/ became a thing? Let alone Reddit.

I have to imagine it's just one big honeypot at this point.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Doctor Butts posted:

Reddit is really good at getting people to sort themselves in tiny little communities where outside ideas and influence are resisted or ignored. Twitter is really good at giving you a select amount of information from a select amount of individuals.

I would never base what I believe a group or large part of people to be based on those two platforms.

Yeah that's a good point.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I hope a candidate emerges in 2020 that all democrats can get behind and we leave this loving 2016 goddamn mess behind us. I don’t want to see either Clinton or Sanders in 2020. Enough damage has been done.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

axeil posted:

Yeah. Imperialism isn't good by any stretch but compared to all the other empires of human history (Roman, British, Mongol, French, Belgian, etc.) the US is miles ahead in terms of "not committing crimes against humanity". Still not great, but a big improvement.

We don't like you very much either :frogout:

Moreover, alternatives would be worse. The possible future age of Chinese hegemony, for example, is going to be a doozy.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Zophar posted:

Well after they’d get rid of all not straight not white people the next obvious scapegoat would be lazy poor whites sucking money and life from the ubermench keeping society afloat so it’s actually the next logical step to gate Nazism behind a paywall

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

I can't help but feel like at least some of the downplaying of the Russian involvement/interference with the 2016 election is because people don't want to admit that seemingly low-effort stuff like trolling on twitter and facebook could change the way people vote. I've heard more than a few talking head and spokesperson arguments that 'noone's vote was changed' which directly clashes with things that I heard while standing in line to vote on November 8th, but it's something that's never challenged as a talking point.

There's a definite feel of 'Noone can be that dumb' being one of the counterarguments.

kidkissinger posted:

France nervously wipes sweat of their brow. Finally they're off the hook.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

kidkissinger posted:

I still disagree?

See: original quoted post.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Why even bother when you have the comments section of Breitbart, infowars, and any unrelated youtube video as well?

(Seriously youtube is trash at monitoring comments. Had my class watch a documentary about the Black Death. In the comments section was a bunch of /pol/ edgelords talking about the white race and how the jews did it :psyduck:)

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Zophar posted:

Lowtax's ears just twitched...

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

kidkissinger posted:

Hey now, as a percent of total world population I doubt that 5 mill is really that bad...

Gin_Rummy
Aug 4, 2007

Taerkar posted:

I've heard more than a few talking head and spokesperson arguments that 'noone's vote was changed' which directly clashes with things that I heard while standing in line to vote on November 8th

Some voters are straight up idiots. Direct quote, verbatim, that I heard from a woman I worked with on the day after the election:

“I voted for Trump because I’m against corruption, and apparently Hilary=corruption.”

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

If you think Vietnam was bad you should read about what the UK did in kenya.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

TulliusCicero posted:

(Seriously youtube is trash at monitoring comments. Had my class watch a documentary about the Black Death. In the comments section was a bunch of /pol/ edgelords talking about the white race and how the jews did it :psyduck:)

I've had this Chrome extension installed for years and have never looked back: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/herp-derp-for-youtube/ioomnmgjblnnolpdgdhebainmfbipjoh

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Dietrich posted:

If you think Vietnam was bad you should read about what the UK did in kenya.

Read about what the UK did anywhere to be honest

Marijuana
May 8, 2011

Go lick a dog's ass til it bleeds.

Ogmius815 posted:

Moreover, alternatives would be worse. The possible future age of Chinese hegemony, for example, is going to be a doozy.

Uhh. What?

Jealous Cow posted:

Hey now, as a percent of total world population I doubt that 5 mill is really that bad...

Sweet loving Christ.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

KKKLIP ART posted:

And how rad would it be if Bezos just got on an earnings call and just called the president a moron.

It would be refreshing if some major players (business leaders etc.) stopped dancing around referring to Trump as "difficult" or "unpredictable" and just flat out labelled him as the moron he is. No more winks or nudges. It's not some sort of unspoken secret at this point and worrying about decorum only enables him (and I think decorum left the building somewhere around pussy grabbing).

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

TulliusCicero posted:

Why even bother when you have the comments section of Breitbart, infowars, and any unrelated youtube video as well?

don't forget about the_donald, it and other ideologically aligned with the alt-right subreddits are probably a bigger recruitment ground for nazis than 4chan these days

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Sir Lemming posted:

CRIME! STOP DRUGS! DO SOMETHING! CHANGE LIBEL LAWS?

Someone should comb through his Twitter and collect all all cap posts in chronological order

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

I actually agree with Trump that the way China steals tech from US companies is a huge issue. Not to mention the way they force US companies to bend over backwards in favor of their Chinese counterparts.

• Locked thread