Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Bates posted:

You have to appreciate how the lingering close-ups, long pauses and speaking slowly really drains all energy out of the show so you are half-way a sleep when the mandatory nonsensical fight scene rolls around. It's very normal for every member of a group to be sad and depressed for years without some gallows humor, someone trying to lighten the mood or blowing off some steam. I can identify with that and it makes me more invested in the characters. I hate this show so much.

Yeah, but when R&M kill everyone they just promised to save, the show is completely irredeemable if Rick says he did it "because it was funny." That's the other R&M show.

But you're right, irl Rick would be in it for the :lol:s at this point...

:five:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/SKTBBWE.gifv

I can't tell, I'm guessing it was either the girl that knows dwight's secret but she has mud or poop in her hair

or maybe Sherry, Dwight's ex wife?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I wouldn't put too much effort into trying to figure out who it is from that.

I'm actually surprised they even bothered to put someone in the car, it's probably just a random person from the set.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Maybe that's actually the season ending Cliffhanger, just like when we almost saw someone get the bat. This time it's going to be a long slow close-ups of every character who could possibly be on the side of the road and it's going to take 30 minutes of the final episode.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Oh.. my.. god. That was the best laugh I've had all week holy poo poo

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lol I got banned from the walking dead reddit for that gif because I didn't mark it as a MAJOR SPOILER

The flashback to something we already knew she survived spoiled the whole drat show for some dweeb I guess. I never actually look there and when I did I saw that the first page was almost all tagged as spoilers

Like, the fact that Morgan and Rick knew each other in season 1 was considered a spoiler

Also the show sucks so who cares (idiots on Reddit do)

The only reason I post stuff there is on the off chance that Rick thinks it's really cool and contacts me to suck my dick

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
somebody fuckin quote my post and write "nice meltdown" please

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Goddamn, another Moist Turtleneck classic.

moist turtleneck posted:

lol I got banned from the walking dead reddit for that gif because I didn't mark it as a MAJOR SPOILER

Don't feel too bad, I got banned for posting Garbage Day after the great garbage people betrayal

I just post under a different name now. I actually do post there because I couldn't resist posting in the giant lynch mob of people wanting to gently caress Gimple with a rusty pitchfork

ED: It is still a great tragedy the Garbage People didn't say this before turning on Alexandria: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7gIpuIVE3k

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
cool posts about your reddit posts guys

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
can we keep this thread germane to the work of art we all came here to discuss, amc's the walking dead tm

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

crazy cloud posted:

It's hard to bitch about this poo poo show when there at times like 10 people in this thread tops

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

crazy cloud posted:

nice meltdown

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Johnny Truant posted:

nice meltdown

Turn on your monitor

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

moist turtleneck posted:

The flashback to something we already knew she survived spoiled the whole drat show for some dweeb I guess. I never actually look there and when I did I saw that the first page was almost all tagged as spoilers

Like, the fact that Morgan and Rick knew each other in season 1 was considered a spoiler

Also the show sucks so who cares (idiots on Reddit do)

The only reason I post stuff there is on the off chance that Rick thinks it's really cool and contacts me to suck my dick

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
good scene

https://i.imgur.com/6TbtMM9.gifv

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

wat

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

Did anyone rewatch and figure out how he magically got pictures, a lit flare and a loaded gun while tied up with wire?

Edit: he was able to open and rummage through her suitcase?

Just chalking it up to anything is possible as long as the plot requires something to happen. The amount of times things have happened without the thing happening being shown are really adding up.

Hasselblad fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Apr 4, 2018

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
He got out of one of the restraints so he could move his hands more but lol I guess jadis was gone for a couple hours

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

moist turtleneck posted:

He got out of one of the restraints so he could move his hands more but lol I guess jadis was gone for a couple hours

I guess he timed lighting that flare via magic well.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
So the gun, flare, and photos were in the suitcase I guess? Let's assume they were (because you can see the suitcase knocked over and maybe open in the wide angle shot). Negan moves away from the suitcase, and the fire first, he's very clearly edging toward the clearing basically. Then after an unknown amount of time off screen, he goes back to the suitcase, opens it and collects the gun, photos, and flare. Then he moves BACK to his starting location in the open where he originally was located. Places the photos on the ground, lights the flare, and readies the gun. All off camera, and within a single shot transition.

It seems like the directing and editing are being done by unpaid interns who studied accounting. Cause I don't even do EITHER of those jobs but I think I could know enough to make a scene that has some kind of continuity to it. Not to dig on accountants. In all likelihood they'd still do better.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

JossiRossi posted:

So the gun, flare, and photos were in the suitcase I guess? Let's assume they were (because you can see the suitcase knocked over and maybe open in the wide angle shot). Negan moves away from the suitcase, and the fire first, he's very clearly edging toward the clearing basically. Then after an unknown amount of time off screen, he goes back to the suitcase, opens it and collects the gun, photos, and flare. Then he moves BACK to his starting location in the open where he originally was located. Places the photos on the ground, lights the flare, and readies the gun. All off camera, and within a single shot transition.

It seems like the directing and editing are being done by unpaid interns who studied accounting. Cause I don't even do EITHER of those jobs but I think I could know enough to make a scene that has some kind of continuity to it. Not to dig on accountants. In all likelihood they'd still do better.

Yeah, I literally thought she handed it all to him as part of some bizarre setup.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
That's the same baseball bat that's already bashed in multiple human skulls, countless zombies, spent a few hours soaking in blood, AND set on fire?!

It would be great if the next time Negan swings it, it snaps or splinters apart. drat bat's got stronger plot armour than the man carrying it.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Wow you didn't even have to edit that one to make it look stupid as gently caress

Like.. it's actually dumber than when you watch it the first time and go "I think I missed something."

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Blazing Ownager posted:

Wow you didn't even have to edit that one to make it look stupid as gently caress

Like.. it's actually dumber than when you watch it the first time and go "I think I missed something."

Yeah, at least the first time I went "drat, gotta stop looking at my phone, I'm missing poo poo..."

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

was doing some mindless work this morning and was like "oh poo poo i didn't watch this week's riveting episode of The Balking Bread"

but then i realized, no, i had, it was just so boring i think i blacked out

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

I wanna know what she was going to do with that zombie cart thing. The mouth wouldn't be low enough to even reach him.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Flip it over on him and hope for the best.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
looks like next ep is boring poo poo too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG1qHwBInok

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

I swore his arms were tied down but wasn't curious enough to brave another watch...Negan has Gumby arms I guess

Bonus points the flare extinguishes in water. Most flares are kinda designed not to do that, let alone instantly upon touching water

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Apr 5, 2018

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Binary Logic posted:

That's the same baseball bat that's already bashed in multiple human skulls, countless zombies, spent a few hours soaking in blood, AND set on fire?!

It would be great if the next time Negan swings it, it snaps or splinters apart. drat bat's got stronger plot armour than the man carrying it.

I thought maybe she'd dissolved the bat, and I just hadn't been paying attention so I'd missed it. This is the kinda show that doesn't really hold your attention all that well...

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
How much better would that scene of been if Roller Negan and Roller Zombie were just left in the junkyard in the world's most hilariously stupid zombie chase

The zombie constantly rolling after him unable to bite him and Negan constantly rolling around with his feet in an exciting 2 inches a second chase

ED: Aside from all the on screen stupid there's the undercurrent of stupid to.

We're supposed to feel bad for Jadis because her constant betrayals caught up with her. This is the woman who tried to feed Rick to a zombie for swinging by to ask for help until he beat them in a fist fight that needed the infamous Star Trek fight song over it

We're supposed to feel bad for Negan who keeps saying "people are a resource" right after telling Simon to give the 'standard reminder package' which involves bashing 1, 2 or more of their heads to paste in front of them all, so would have probably had Jadis head stomped in and not given a poo poo

Show'd been better if the helicopter said gently caress it and launched a missile at both of them

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Apr 5, 2018

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Blazing Ownager posted:

We're supposed to feel bad for Negan who keeps saying "people are a resource" right after telling Simon to give the 'standard reminder package' which involves bashing 1, 2 or more of their heads to paste in front of them all, so would have probably had Jadis head stomped in and not given a poo poo

I don't think that is the case, but they are trying to award his way of operating in this world some understanding. Why people follow him, what his motivations for acting the way he does; he's fallen on a way of living that probably didn't start out as brutal as it is now, but he justifies its ends as a means for survival

You could take random clips of Rick's survivors being assholes, and piece them together into something that resembles them being villains, worthy of the absolute eradication they feel the Saviors deserve. Though Rick won't always advance-declare the executions of individuals like Negan does, he tends to find a way to get it done as effectively as the Saviors

We're just living with the fact that assholes tend to be the survivors in the post-apocolypse, but they're trying to give the characters some semblance of motivation for their actions. In Negan's case, they're just trying to remind the audience that he isn't a complete sociopath

Spellman fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Apr 6, 2018

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Yeah, it's great when the show tries to humanize Negan but all it's got is that he's aware that he needs more functioning small businesses for his protection racket/slavery scheme to keep him living in luxury (which is - amazingly - enough for some viewers to buy into his junta's legitimacy).

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Finished Fear the Walking Dead S3. Watch it, it shits on TWD in every category- Writing, directing and cinematography, acting, music and most important, story.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
It’s not like these communities are far from each other. How the hell did no one notice a helicopter in the distance?

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

Pillowpants posted:

It’s not like these communities are far from each other. How the hell did no one notice a helicopter in the distance?

The sound of zombies rolling down wooden stairs drowned it out.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

warcrimes posted:

Finished Fear the Walking Dead S3. Watch it, it shits on TWD in every category- Writing, directing and cinematography, acting, music and most important, story.

Gimple's on it now, so consider S3 the golden era.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Holy poo poo.

I haven't watched any episodes since like... I don't know, a while.

How is this real. :lol:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5_-H3Tmj2c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

lmfao