Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I beat it too.

I have no idea why, it's janky as gently caress, but the fact that it just lets you turn off QTEs made me like it for whatever reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The QTEs were the only good thing about it

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Well, the least bad thing.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

yeah I have no idea what the gently caress either

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

univbee posted:

I beat Actraiser back in the day on cart, but IIRC the boss rush required all the 1-ups and the highest level I could muster (which wasn't the max, I think you could screw up your town expansions somehow and make it so they would peak pre-max level, even if you wiped the town with earthquake) to squeak by.

You can lock yourself out of max level exactly once, in Northwall. To maximize population, a city needs to be upgraded to wheat. Filmore and Northwall are the two cities that don't have farms for their max level building, so if you get to maximum civilizaton level without introducing wheat to one of their farms, and then destroy all the farms with an earthquake to make room for high-level buildings, you won't be able to drop wheat onto a farm tile to increase the population cap.

Filmore can get Wheat introduced by building a connecting route between it and Bloodpool (be warned that doing this converts its max level large building to wheat over the castles permanently), but if you nuke all the farms in Northwall, you can't get it to them by any other means. If at least one wheat farm zone exists, the city's population cap is raised high enough that you can hit maximum :eng101:

In the Japanese version, the action stages were harder and everything did damage as if it was on Professional!!, but the sim mode was much less strict. The population required for max level was way lower, and you could hit the level cap simply by reaching the max civilization level and then filling in every tile on the map. If you min-maxed with earthquakes, you could even reach it by Aitos. In the US release, they raised the tnl for max level to be nearly at the population cap in every single region.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/Miz_Kriss/status/976101136640946177

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I'll never do great, I'm garbage given human form

al-azad
May 28, 2009

then Kirby will consume you, strengthening and nourishing his endless mass

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think Kirby is trying to get me to join a cult

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Help Im Alive posted:

Star Allies proves that Kirby hates cults

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Now I just feel guilty for saying that and disappointing Kirby

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

Now I just feel guilty for saying that and disappointing Kirby

Know that Kirby will never be disappointed by you, and let that amplify your guilt.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Yay! Beat another boss in Nioh without too much trouble. I was actually kind of surprised how easy he was, with the only deaths I have down to me loving up more than him being hard.

It did make me find out that the game was nice enough to make it so in the boss fight taking place in an on fire room, they made it so when you win the fire no longer hurts you, which was good because the boss died in the fire and dropped all his loot in there.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

I think the only longish series I've played every single game in is Fire Emblem so I'm gonna do my hot take rankings of it

Thracia 776
Blazing Blade (i.e. Fire Emblem no subtitle)
Awakening
Sacred Stones
Heroes
New Mystery of the Emblem
Path of Radiance
Genealogy of the Holy War
Tokyo Mirage Session #FE
Conquest
Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
Mystery of the Emblem
Radiant Dawn
Birthright
Binding Blade
Gaiden
Shadow Dragon
Revelation
Akaneia Chronicles (i.e. BSFE)
Shadow Dragon and the Sword of Light (i.e. FE1)

It was tricky ranking games when they often have huge problems and good parts that don't overlap at all (like, Genealogy and Conquest are almost mutually exclusive in where their good parts are) but this is my hot take and I'm standing by it

Thracia
Path of Radiance
Blazing Blade
New Mystery of the Emblem
Sacred Stones
Binding Blade
Radiant Dawn
Genealogy
Mystery of the Emblem
Echoes
#FE
Shadow Dragon
The Last Promise
Awakening
Birthright
Conquest
Akaneia Chronicles
Sword of Light
Gaiden
Heroes
Revelation

edit: forgot the last promise

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If someone made a hack of Path of Radiance that replaced the map combat animations with instant damage like the Radiant Dawn ones I'd put that hack as high as you put Path of Radiance
e: FE1 over anything is kind of ambitious too but I guess I can see the argument

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

chumbler posted:

Know that Kirby will never be disappointed by you, and let that amplify your guilt.

Nooooo

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Kirby’s a fatass

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Jay Rust posted:

Kirby’s a fatass

wow same

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Kirby’s a fatass

right back at ya

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
He's fat alright.

P H A T badass.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Help Im Alive posted:

Kirby believes in no leadership or structure in society. Kirby is a wild anarchist.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

oh god my colossal coffer in dq builders chapter 2is out of room

what do i do :cry:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kirby has no rear end

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
https://twitter.com/Cyclideon/status/979957212788510720

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Kirby gonna eat the rich.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
There is no greater injustice in Kirby's eyes than being deprived of tasty food.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

an actual dog posted:

idk if anyone had Minit on their radar but it's an incredibly good game. It's a game where you die and go back to the last house you were in every 60sec, and you solve puzzles and stuff. I'm totally stuck right now and just trying out random poo poo but it's still an extremely good feel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or3ACYmSBoo

i got this after reading rock paper shotgun's review and finished one playthrough so far. it's very good

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Jay Rust posted:

Kirby’s a fatass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC7Zu-UFlXQ

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if you dont think kirby drawn as an otome game rules, get out of my office

here's the artist's pixiv, she mostly draws touken ranbu fanart these days tho

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
What the hell does otome mean

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Where is everyone's hero, Bandana Dee?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

games aimed at girls where you play as a female protagonist and get with cute guys. they're usually more story/drama focused than a typical dating sim. examples include hakuoki and playing as a female character in dragon age. the peak of the genre is the one where you play as keiji inafune's granddaughter and get captured by pig-themed terrorists

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

"Maiden game", ie. romance games aimed at women.
e: ^that

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

chumbler posted:

https://twitter.com/Kirby25thJP/status/979538719442010112

Singing Karaoke songs about apple juice, apparently

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Internet Kraken posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OQtrmhpIXU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

chumbler posted:

Supplex bug

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

otomatone

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
automato

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yeah I saw that anime, too bad about her throat cancer though

• Locked thread