Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Dragonatrix posted:

So, if no one could agree AND no one takes control, how does Ekoda always get what he wants? Bit of a contradiction there...

My guess is that either the principal or the head of the school board has final say on the matter, and since nobody can ever muster enough support for their choice, whoever has the final say just defaults to Kyoto, since that's where they've always gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I'm so sick of Strega. Bunch of goddamn weirdos who give out typical JRPG villain speeches about how all humans are weak and deep down, the heroes are a bunch of hypocrites who aren't different from them. Junpei is one hell of a loser to fall for Chidori in addition to his other goofiness. He's the party equivalent of fuckin Kenji.

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
They're supposed to be the mirror image rival but the anime-nihilism shtick is so tired they just end up being tedious.

Oberndorf
Oct 20, 2010

Honestly, the whole game has a nihilist streak a mile wide.

The main character may be a creepy enabler, but it gives this tremendous feeling of futility. Nothing you do matters, except for killing. The S Links are mostly depressing, with abandonment issues, death, and failure being recurrent features.

Just makes Strega seem like they’ve caught on to the theme. Even the fairly subdued music score feeds into this tremendous, wearing, ennui. Thematic.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

So going by the magnificent pacing this game has, there'll be a good month straight of ~~JAPANESE HIGH SCHOOL HIJINKS~~ before we even start approaching the endgame, despite Junpei's girlfriend dying and Hippie Jesus and the Digimon Emperor turning out to be alive.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

Funky Valentine posted:

So going by the magnificent pacing this game has, there'll be a good month straight of ~~JAPANESE HIGH SCHOOL HIJINKS~~ before we even start approaching the endgame, despite Junpei's girlfriend dying and Hippie Jesus and the Digimon Emperor turning out to be alive.

Funny you mention the Digimon Emperor because his and Takaya's VA are the same guy.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Funky Valentine posted:

IIRC we're fairly low on hijinks from here on out. The pacing is still hosed, but for different reasons now.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
So now that we've seen Chidori's Arcana, it's kinda notable that Strega and SEES make up the first thirteen Arcana:

Fool: Makoto
Magician: Junpei
Priestess: Fuuka
Empress: Mitsuru
Emperor: Akihiko
Hierophant: Shinjiro
Lovers: Yukari
Chariot: Aigis
Justice: Ken
Hermit: Jin
Fortune: Takaya
Strength: Koromaru
Hanged Man: Chidori

Thirteen is, of course, considered an unlucky number. It also alludes to the 'thirteenth' hour, the Dark Hour. Most interestingly, the XIII Arcana in the Tarot (after Hanged Man) is Death.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Dragonatrix posted:

By the way, I hope you like Yukari.

Hell yeah, Yukari rules :ocelot:

Poor Junpei. It's a shame that the Chidori/Junpei romance is almost told off screen because the game seems to enjoy making GBS threads on Junpei whenever he's on screen.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Hunter Noventa posted:

I don't think I ever unlocked Mitsuru's S.Link in Portable. I pretty much entirely missed Tanaka as well. I don't know how you could play these games without a guide.

3 in particular is very unfriendly if you try that, yeah, that's fair. It's not super-crucial for general play, though, which is nice. If you're trying to max every link in one playthrough, then... for 3 especially I'd just cave and use a guide if I didn't want to spend way too much time and effort routing it. There's so little margin for error and carrying over social stats in NG+ doesn't even help. It's definitely a bit rough around the edges, because it was the first to even try it and all, but the stuff that makes it especially awkward and annoying was mostly ironed out very quickly at least.

Portable is absolutely nicer about it in a few ways, but it's still not super easy to deal with at times. As a general rule, each game is way more player friendly about it than the last though. 5 makes it super low-effort with a ton of margin for error.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Dragonatrix posted:

5 makes it super low-effort with a ton of margin for error.

:smithicide:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Whew, so... after last night, this seems a bit excessive but I guess it's fair enough.

Before we do anything else, there's a new recording up on the fourth floor.

Practice Session

It's been here for a bit, but I've been ignoring it on purpose this time! Just for a day like today (the real world today) and we had time for it.

Ha!

*pant* *gasp*

He says, twirling the broom around to practice his... post-battle victory pose. Okay, that's kinda neat.

But come to think of it... I don't have to practice in secret anymore...
I don't live on the first floor in this dorm, so I might be disturbing the people downstairs...

But the longer the weapon, the better it is for taller people...

Ow...!

I hope I get taller soon...

Whew...
Maybe I should drink more milk...
Ugh... it hurts my stomach sometimes, though...

End

Iwatodai Dorm

...but I know he's going to be okay.

Akihiko's mindset here is the same as it was for Ken, I see. It worked for the literal child, so...

They couldn't have come from nowhere; someone must have created them.
I wonder what that person was thinking...
Couldn't he foresee that this would happen?

...is the preservation of their own lives.
But, Chidori-san gave her life force to Junpei-san.
There was a connection between them that transcended space and time.

That seems a bit hyperbolic to me.

I know they're still "together" now...
But, I never thought it would end like this...

But Fate chose the most beautiful way to end her life.

I, uh... shoulda sent a poet, apparently.

Do you think he'll be okay...?
Yeah, he'll be fine.
Oh, I'm glad to hear that.

Anyway, today's a Monday that's a day-off. We have a whole two options for what to do today, and... Mamoru makes more sense right now. Don't worry, Nozomi will get the spotlight he deserves and I'm holding off on that for a reason.

Joy

> Mamoru is shoveling takoyaki into his mouth.

*munch* *gulp* yum...
Oh man... just a few more.
What are you doing?
Uh, well... this is kind of just what I do. I like to eat pretty fast.

When I'm with my siblings, they just polish off the side dishes.
That was pretty fast compared to my record.
Anyways, Makoto...

There's going to be a coach there from a big athletic college.
You know what that means? If I do well enough, I might get a scholarship nod.
Sounds like a good plan.
I know, right? Then I don't have to quit the Kendo Team...

I had pretty much given up on going to college.
We really didn't have the money.
So then I hear about the chance at a scholarship... Do you see now why it's such a big deal?

I, uh, I didn't say it wasn't..? You COULD be a dick and do that, but that's just being a dick for the sake of it.

I bet my mother would be really relieved.
Yeah, I bet she would be.
Yeah, you're right. I feel more relaxed when we're talking like this.

I really wish my dad was still alive.

Well, complaining isn't going to accomplish anything. I'll just have to hope for that recommendation.

> Mamoru is giving his future serious consideration.

> Mamoru expressed his concerns.

> Your relationship is stronger now!

Later.

> Mamoru rushed to the supermarket.

> You decided to return to the dorm.

Iwatodai Dorm

It's hard to lose someone you're so close to.
I'm worried about him...

Newscaster: Miraculously, no one was killed or wounded, but one patient is presently unaccounted for.

There's nothing updated this evening, so I just saved the news report on... Takaya and Jin breaking into the hospital and Chidori following them out.

Y'know, I sure don't remember any bombs in that scene.

Paulownia Mall

Oh, right, and we can collect the Gungnir for either Makoto or Ken to use.

While we're here, we'll commission the Balmung for good measure. It's notably not quite as strong as the Laevateinn, but the +100HP for Junpei might prove useful. The Fire Boost of the Laevateinn only really matters if he's using that sword specifically anyway.

Gungnir is, in my opinion, better than Mjolnir on the whole. It's not as strong, it does regular ol' Pierce damage but it's significantly more accurate, still has Elec Boost (so it pairs well with Odin, appropriately!), Ken can actually use this one too and also its a spear and not a hammer.

So, about that whole career experience thing...

It takes up 4 days, oh boy. You might think we'd get to, like, do stuff on evenings or something still. That's cute.

We don't even get a scene to accompany this or anything. Just the dark blue empty screen and this one text box.

And then BAM! It's Friday. That's not even me skipping over anything, there. The game acknowledges this is a waste of your time and
does it anyway. Thanks. Great. Appreciate it.

Iwatodai Dorm

I'm getting really worried now...
After all he's been through... I can understand why he's feeling down...
He got really lucky this week, though...
No one realized he took some days off because everyone was at Career Experience.
Well, I hope he's feeling a little better now...

I can't take this anymore...!
...I know how you feel.
But, you don't have to do it all by yourself.
...I know.

A few days have already passed, but he still seems the same.
Should we just give him more time? Or should we try to help him?
Let's help him.
You're right... He needs help. But, what should we do?

That, I suppose, is the real question. Obviously we start by ignoring Akihiko's answers of "nothing"...

He must have gone somewhere...
What if Junpei-kun never recovers from this...?

I performed routine labor, over and over again.

That, and what happened to Junpei...
Speaking of which, I wonder if he's going to be okay...

It was boring.
No wonder Junpei-san didn't attend Career Experience...
I hope he recovers soon.

He's just afraid to do it.
I think all he needs is a little push.

I... what are you even talking about here?

Newscaster: There seems to be a high likelihood that the girl was kidnapped by the culprit who threw the explosives...

So, the last we saw the TV was on Monday when Chidori was mentioned as missing. Now we're getting an update on Chidori, who's noted as being missing as of "yesterday." It's not impossible that she was mentioned on the news on Thursday (we can't prove otherwise after all), but this sure seems like either a goof on the text or maaaaybe we weren't originally meant to skip the entire rest of the week.

The upside to this is that we can already get the Balmung ready for when Junpei's back to normal. I'm not gonna equip this to Makoto, although the HP+ helps him a lot too.

Changing Seasons (Reincarnation) / Sun

Rather nicely, we just skip all the way to the after school stuff. Always appreciated when that happens, really.

He was walking quite fast. Perhaps he has not fully recovered from the incident.
I am concerned...

It's tough for me to see him like that... I hope he feels better soon.

Y'know, it's not really explicit, but it sure seems like Junpei is Ryoji's only friend. I dunno, maybe it's just because of that's the way things are framed insofar as they matter to us, but it stands out a bit here.

Oh well, that's not our problem either way. Let's spend today with Mitsuru, since we just started her link and her free days are relatively sparse.

Joy

It's surprisingly small...

> Mitsuru seems nervous.

Can you eat with your hands?
How rude...

I did, however, see a television commerical for a fast food restaurant once...
I was taken back by the way the customers ate their food. It seems so... primitive.
...Tch, listen to me. I sound like such a snob.
I'm embarrassed to admit that I'm not very familiar with fast food etiquette.
So, I'm glad you are here with me.

Is it profitable to sell these items at such a low price...?
I'd be interested to know the average cost per unit...

Much, MUCH lower than you think.

> Mitsuru seems intrigued.

...Oh, sorry. I was lost in thought again...
I didn't ask you here just to eat...

We are all facing a trial, in the true sense of the term.
...And we've made it this far because we've been blessed with each other.
I admit that I've been hard on you, much more so than the others. But I just wanted you to know...
I appreciate your contribution.

> Mitsuru seems to depend on you.

> Your relationship with her has grown...

Unfortunately, I have another engagement. This was fun. We should do it again some time.
I apologize for the inconvenience. I'll see you later.

> After saying goodbye to Mitsuru, you decided to return to the dorm.

Troubled

Yeah...
So, whaddya want?

That's...
They were going through her items when they found that.

Hang in there, Junpei.
Hey, Junpei, can I take a look?
You wouldn't be able to understand her drawings anyway...

It's mostly obscured because Yukari's in the way, but Mitsuru IS just as surprised as everyone else. You can see bits of the "!" peeking out from the side.

Wow, it's really good...
This is amazing... Who wouldn't be able to understand it?

While this seems to make sense in the here and now, remember the first time Junpei spoke to her it was because she was sketching at the station.

This sketch of Junpei is on page 1 of her book. That's... incredibly revealing in ways that may not have been intended.

Junpei...

It's like she's telling me to stop moping around...
She must be looking out for you...
Arf!

And, I'm sorry for all the times I snapped at you...
It still bothers me a little... But, I want you to know that I'm counting on your abilities.
I'm counting on you, too.

Junpei...

Iwatodai Dorm

...Wait, every page was just Junpei? Okay, uh, guess I was wrong.

Do you understand the reason why she changed her style of sketching so drastically?
Yes, I do.
Good. Don't forget it.

I think the same is true for Junpei-kun and Chidori-san.
Chidori-san has passed away, but her bond with Junpei-kun will last forever.

Wait, did that sound strange? Let me try again...
I have confirmed that Junpei-san's mental state has returned to normal.

Anyway, I'm glad that Junpei-san is himself again.

Chidori might have touched it up a little...
But, pretty soon I'm gonna look just like him!
Wait and see.

So, we've only got a few days before the first full moon where we don't explicitly have a boss fight to prepare for.

I do wonder what's gonnna happen then. Nothing seems to be specifically for that situation this time, after all. Hrm.

But, well, before that happens we do have to go back to Tartarus one last time. This time for like actual real stuff rather than a singular boss fight, I promise.

For the most part, no one's really any different from the last time we went. We did just skip straight to the boss and then had Chidori immediately afterwards, so that limits who could've levelled up any in the interim. As a result, Yukari's just as sorta maybe kinda effective as before. She'll potentially get Garudyne in the interim, bringing her almost on par with people like... Akihiko, oddly enough. The Vayu Bracers will help with that, provided she doesn't need to worry more about Anti-Elec measures.

Junpei's secretly now our most survivable person. Sorta. He auto-gained Spring of Life when Hermes evolved and that skill is wholly unique to him. It gives him 8% HP a turn, just like it did Chidori. Between that, a Space Badge, inherent Counter skills and being able to buff Defense on his own accord, Junpei is kind of a surprisingly viable tank. Especially with Balmung giving him an extra 100HP if he grabs that too. His Magic is complete balls, but that's no different to normal.

Despite his generalist nature, Akihiko remains a technically solid pick purely because he can throw down Boosted+Amped Ziodynes. Diarama and Fist Master are functionally wasted skill slots at this point, but everything else is pretty okay.

Mitsuru snagged a level off of dunking on Chidori and that just nudged her slightly closer to Diarahan. She's still easily the most powerful and threatening non-Makoto character we have. On paper anyway; anything that resists Ice (and, I guess, Panic) at all immediately stops her in her tracks.

Since she was also in the Chidori fight, Aigis got a bunch of EXP and is now level 56 and has Marakukaja giving her two multi-target buffs at last. Matarukaja is her last but she is definitely not going to hit level 60 during this stretch of time. It'd take a ton of actual grinding, unfortunately, and I'm not doing that here.

Koromaru is... Koromaru. He's pretty simple on paper, and he finally learned Mudoon hurray! He's not getting Mudo Boost for a while, though. And we've got Die For Me! which does it but better. Being able to throw down Boosted+Amped Agidynes is nice, but he's not super-threatening with them if it ends up mattering. He's thoroughly average across the board, Agility aside, but he's still Koromaru. I'd be lying if I wasn't expecting him to be along for the ride anyway.

Ken might not have levelled up, but thanks to Odin he still suddenly got much better. Boosted Hamaons is nice, but Samsara just ends randoms much more effectively. He's still a pretty okay pick on the whole, though, because he CAN now throw down Boosted+Amped Dynes. He sure won't be getting Vile Assault anytime soon, though.

Same deal as usual, here:

:siren: 3 slots to fill. Who's getting 'em? :siren:

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I say we give Junpei a chance to test-drive his new Persona. Beyond that, +2 your choice.

Dragonatrix posted:

While this seems to make sense in the here and now, remember the first time Junpei spoke to her it was because she was sketching at the station.

This sketch of Junpei is on page 1 of her book. That's... incredibly revealing in ways that may not have been intended.
Or she's just started a new sketchbook since she met him.

Also, this seems like it would have been a better place for Junpei's Persona to evolve, plot-wise.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Dog, robot, Junpei as always

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Dog, Robot, who cares.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Yukari, Junpei, and Ken, let Aigis and Koromaru have some rest.

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Junpei, Yukari, Koromaru.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Yukari, Junpei, Mitsuru

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Dog Stupei Mitsuru

Tendronai
May 7, 2008

My worst nightmare. It's a dream I have. I'm in a square cell, glass walls, just me and a little castle.
Junpei Akihiko Dog

slink_bot
Aug 1, 2016
Junpei, Akihiko and Koromaru

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

Slaan posted:

Dog, robot, Junpei as always

Of course.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Yukari, Junpei, Akihiko

Let's get Junpei back in the mood

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Ken, Junpei, Yukari

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

code:
  Yukari: |||||
  Junpei: |||||||||||
 Akihiko: |||
 Mitsuru: ||
   Aigis: |||
Koromaru: |||||||
     Ken: ||

My Choice: |||
Not gonna lie, Junpei going from generally languishing to being suddenly #1 is pretty dang :unsmith:

GOI
Aug 26, 2015
Junpei, Aigis and Mitsuru

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

Kemix posted:

Yukari, Junpei, Mitsuru

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

GOI posted:

Junpei, Aigis and Mitsuru

Malah
May 18, 2015

Junpei, Yukari, Mitsuru

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Junpei, Mitsuru, Yukari.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
lots of people not voting for dog

not sure how they live with themselves, smh

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Robot, dog, Yukari.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

GeneX posted:

lots of people not voting for dog

not sure how they live with themselves, smh
Sometimes a good dog best friend needs a break from fighting otherdimensional hellbeasts, okay?

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Commander Keene posted:

Or she's just started a new sketchbook since she met him.

Not just a sketchbook, it's the one Junpei brought to her when she was hospitalized.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Since the forums posting ability got fixed, I remembered to go back and edit a whole lot of updates to include both original P3 and P3P tracks where I sorta missed 'em. The biggest thing of note is that this included a retroactive addition of what is now the penultimate track of the P3P OST:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN8BhJRVp78

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Just three days before the first full moon that presumably doesn't have an Arcana Shadow... Let's see what we can fit into the time we have, then.

Tanaka's actively just ripping us off today, apparently. 90k for a loving Sigma Drive (and some Mega Protein!) is absurd, especially for something that's not at all worth wasting any money on.

As one of the last things that Tanaka even sells, this is just plain appalling.

No one in the dorm has anything new to say right now, so we'll just go straight to the shrine to hang out with Akinari.

Living With Determination

Oh right... The pink alligator and the bird had become friends, right?
This was the alligator's first friend, and he was very happy.

But again, the alligator couldn't catch food easily because of his color...
Pink is such an odd color, his prey in the jungle saw him from far away and had plenty of time to escape.
He became so hungry that he was dizzy most of the time...

...Of course, he realized his mistake immediately.

...After that, he couldn't bring himself to eat anything.
...That's as far as I've written. I haven't decided on an ending.
It sounds really depressing.
Is it really that dark? I dunno... For me, it's hard to tell.
The words I use come out from my life, you know? So, they may seem depressing to you...
...but to me, that's just life.

So, before, I mentioned I was writing a diary...

I couldn't face reality... and I was essentially screaming curses into my notebook.
But for now, I'm writing a story in the same notebook.
It probably isn't very good, but it contains some things that I've learned during my short life...
When it's done, I want you to read it. ...I mean, meeting you is the main reason I started writing it.

> Akinari looks into your eyes.

...I don't have much time to spare.
...Well thanks. I hope we can chat some more later.

> You decided to go back to the dorm.

Iwatodai Dorm

No Shadows have appeared yet, but I'm still worried.
...Oh, that reminds me...
Ryoji-kun's here again. He's visiting Junpei.
Junpei's still pretty down...
...so I'm glad he has a good friend like Ryoji-kun.

This seems like a potentially bad thing, but it probably isn't that big a deal overall. It is nice for those dorks, though!

Koromaru-san has no idea, either...

> Koromaru seems to be barking about something.

This isn't about that, Koromaru-san...
It has nothing to do with liking him or disliking him. There is just something about him...

Oh no! Looks like Featherman R is rapidly approaching its final arc! We really need to catch an actual episode soon, now.

Newscaster: ...And now, the news. Tension is still high over the Apathy Syndrome, since the causes are still undetermined...

Junpei and Ryoji are on the 2nd floor, but they got around showing the latter by claiming he's in Junpei's room. Sure.

...but he's not gonna stay long, so call me if you're goin' to Tartarus.
Hmm, what should I get him...?

Pretty obvious from where I'm standing: Cielo Mist. Gotta get that refreshing Jamaican flavour!

The Voice Someone Calls

Anyway, we'll be going to Tartarus tonight for sure and for the first time in a while, Koromaru's getting a rest. He's sure earned it, at least.

tartarus_0d05

So, Fuuka's right this time around. From floor 181 on up, we DO get some new Shadows! The Red Shadows are the same as before, though, but that's consistent with previous blocks so I can't really complain.

And, yeah, Junpei's sporting the Balmung (which pushes him up to over 500HP...) and Makoto's got the Gungnir. One day we'll get to make unique weapons for other people, but that day is not today.

Mass Destruction / Wiping All Out

So, new Shadows! Gracious Cupids are the lowest level dudes around (aside from the Luxury Hands but they don't count). They're... kinda eh, but most Shadows are, really. Mediarama and Marakukaja seem like they should make these things annoying but Thor has Vicious Strike and that does ~400 damage to all of 'em so it's a non-issue. If they DO get turns, they don't, then I'd be more worried about that Marin Karin anyway.

They drop Pink Feathers which is what Elizabeth's last request for this stretch of Tartarus is for. She wants 6 of these things, which sounds annoying but fortunately Cupids are common and often come in groups that can cap out at 5.

Immoral Snakes try an interesting tactic of being weak to more people than normal. We have more folks that can use Pierce elemental attacks than any other Phys element, which is... a decision, I guess. Also they're weak to all flavours of Instant Death too which is cute but kinda superfluous.

While Immoral Snakes were interesting in their incompetence, Battle Wheels... sure do exist, I guess. Heat Wave is outdated Strike damage, Agidyne is a thing that more party members can no sell than anything else (thanks to Trismegistus) and Eerie Sound... inflicts Distress. The most boring Ailment.

Hell Knights are probably the most common regular Shadow in the area, aside from the Cupids. They're also the closest thus far to being a threat. This, of course, is predicated on them ever getting turns which is still not a likely prospect. Even with just (Ma)Garula, the Vayu Bracer allows Yukari to almost one-shot them from full health. Whoops.

Red Sigils employ a tactic that makes them annoying on paper, but really doesn't matter here in practice. Dodge Ice is meant to counteract their Ice weakness and make you waste turns trying to hit 'em with it. Unfortunately, they usually come all on their lonesome, so I just auto Rush and watch them melt that way instead.

...Power Castles. Power Castles please. They're the rarest thing in the block in my experience (I got a few more Luxury Hands and only one fight with these guys). They, uh, have 15 SP and 2 spells they cannot ever use. Deathbound IS dangerous, in general, but since they'll drop before getting to use it, it's a non-issue.

And lastly we have a Jotun of Blood who seems to have sneaked into this area from higher up in the tower. But he's not a red Shadow. so he's just sorta hanging out here. I dunno. He's weak to Curse and has no other resistances, which I guess counters his high HP but not really. That he has Infuriate is a silly decision on his part if he ever uses it.

tartarus_0d05

That's it for new Shadows. While heading on up, we find some new armour that is technically an upgrade. It's got the highest Defense stat out of everything we currently have on-hand.

Unfortunately, it's not a cosmetic item so at this point it's basically just vendor trash. :v:

Fuuka even manages to find the boss a little earlier than normal for once. It does take her until the 185th to figure out where it is, but that counts as an improvement in my book.

Speaking of which, there's nothing else of note that happens until we hit the boss' floor. Just gonna hand Elizabeth these feathers and grab that free full heal.

The Poem For Everyone's Soul

They'd make adorable wings, don't you think? I'll take good care of them.
Please accept your reward.

Not even a weird attempt at explaining anything this time around. I dunno. Yet Another Berserker's Seal is kinda nice, I guess. Maybe.

Let's just go dunk on the boss real quick, before I forget.

Hermit Phantom King (Portable)
portable video is very slightly longer because he got a HP buff there

Master of Tartarus / Danger Zone

No, Fuuka. It's really, really not.

The Phantom King is a loving joke loser who gets dunked on by any and every possible party composition. He tries to inflict Fear, via either Evil Smile or Evil Touch.

He also has Expel instant death in both Single and Multi-Target varieties. A bunch of things online sometimes claim he has Mudoon stuff too, but he doesn't.

That aside, he has a whole one other trick he can use to attack. He'll cast Mind Charge...

And follow it up with a Megido. Really?

Really?

Phantom King, buddy, pal. Let me show you what I can do to you here. Tarukaja + Rakunda + Power Charge + Great means that Vorpal Blade...

...Nearly does 75% of his max HP in a single hit. Yep, that sure is a fight I guess.

The Phantom King is a boring loser. He has 2500 HP, 500 SP, 25 Strength, 57 Magic (...yes, really), 36 Endurance, 35 Agility and 35 Luck. He has, uh, no elemental resistances. Technically. He nulls Light/Dark like normal, but that's it.

End

tartarus_0d05

I dunno what it is with Tartarus bosses lately not even trying to pretend to be threats, but uh... that sure is an odd recurring pattern. Remember when it seemed like Tartarus was gonna be where more challenging fights were, because the Full Moon shadows had to be relatively easy to account for Tartarus being strictly optional? What happened to that?

Anyway, we're done with Harabah for today. Not going higher than 190 because there is no barrier between the first and second halves this time around. If we go to 191, we just start the second stretch then and there.

She was written to be the ideal woman of the Heian period... The quintessetinal Heian beauty.
Speaking of Heian beauty... Here's a question for you, Makoto.
The chief criteria for a Heian beauty was the length of a woman's hair, though cosmetics were important too.
They used white makeup, plucked their eyebrows in favor of drawn-on ones, and colored their teeth with limonite.
But do you think the men did these things?
They did both.
Hmph... I suppose it was an easy question.
It was a unified style. Whether man or woman, every adult sported this fashion.
Even though the white powder was lead-based and unhealthy, they wore it to uphold their standards of beauty.
Compared to them, you guys are...

Aaaaand here's where the lesson, mercifully, ends so we get spared from Ekoda's weird and possibly inappropriate old man rant here.

This is not good.

I hope she's not going to embarrass me again.

Right, well, Monday is a pretty awkward day for us right now. Despite not being a holiday, there's still very few people even available any more.

So, uh, congrats on being winner by default here, Mamoru!

Joy

Are you okay?
*pant* Yeah, just... *gasp* need more training.

*pant* Let's go in, yeah? I'm thirsty!

One quick fade to blue later...

I used to come here a lot with my teammates, but...
We should come here again.
Ha ha. You're the only one who says that anymore.

They wouldn't come now, even if I invited them.
I don't really get along with people who don't take the club seriously.
It jacks up practice, you know? It's a lack of concentration.

> Mamoru seems a little sad.

> Mamoru seems to be pondering something intently.

I used to love it there, you know? I spent all my time practicing in the Kendo Team...
Everyone else in the Kendo Team and I always had so much fun.

I'll just have to surpass them. ...Get even better than I am now.

> You can sense Mamoru is passionate about his club.

Bit of an understatement, that.

I think I'll power-walk the whole way home.
Don't let yourself get lazy now!

> Mamoru began power-walking home...

> You decided to go back to the dorm.

And hey, stop freaking out about your exams. I didn't study either.
*sigh* But then again, you never do...

You know, I'm here a lot, but I hardly ever run into you. Strange, huh?

Not really. We don't spend that much time in the dorm.

Oh well, I'm outta here. See ya later.

Yeah, he said he was going home.
What was he doing here?
He's been coming here a lot, ever since he started hanging around with Junpei.
But, visitors aren't allowed here...
Yeah, but Mitsuru-senpai said that it's okay during the day.
I don't think we need to worry about Ryoji-kun.

Who? Ryoji-kun?
Come to think of it, he WAS hitting on Mitsuru-senpai the first time he met her.

And, uh, every other girl for good measure.

He was...?
...But, having him around has really cheered up Junpei-kun.

That's true...
I envy you, Junpei...

...But, you don't seem that different.
However, it is more accurate to say that I am "functioning" as opposed to living.
There are times when I malfunction, but I can always be repaired...

Uh, sorry... Hey, I don't have time to talk. I seriously gotta go study...
Hey, shouldn't you guys be studying too? I heard math's gonna be a killer.

Eh, no need. We're already considered a Genius, so we can probably smash it.

...You wait until NOW to tell us that!? Well, I guess we should call it a night then...

A "living" weapon is difficult to operate...
However, I believe I understand the concept of loss...
Should you ever be harmed, I...
Don't worry about me.
...I'll try not to.

I do not know why, but I always want to be by your side...
I want to protect you...
I apologize for interrupting you...
I will leave you to your studies.
...Good night.

Troubled

What is this uneasiness...?
I am a machine...
I cannot die, so they won't have to grieve for me.
I must do something...
I don't want them to suffer anymore...

Well, that was weird. Guess we know rather clearly whose character arc is gonna be next, though!

...What also doesn't hurt is that there's no one else left. But, y'know, details.

Iwatodai Dorm

I agree that he's a bit strange, but I think he's okay.

Today's subject is a lady in her 30s with a beauty spot under her eye.

...Next is the news. Apathy Syndrome, go away!

Ulala Serizawa is a minor character in Persona 2: Innocent Sin and a playable character in Eternal Punishment. She's friends with Maya but also incredibly, blatantly jealous of her to the point where right at the start she decides, in a drunken stupor, to call JOKER (not to be mistaken with Master Joker) about Maya.

Her Primary Arcana is The Star, and her initial Persona is Callisto, a Greek nymph of Artemis who ended up encountering Zeus'... more Zeus-like qualities.

Anyway, Aigis and Koromaru are up on the second floor.

Things are fine for now, but one day that will change.
Please do not worry, though. I will be there to protect you.

> He looks worried.

I will be fine, Koromaru-san.

Everyone else has squirreled away to study for exams that apparently are coming up in December. That means we can't go to Tartarus today, which is kind of a mean trick considering today is this month's deadline for stuff that has that. Good thing we dodged that one!

Silence

But before today ends altogether, we've got one last optional cutscene. This is one we could miss by either ignoring Junpei or being a dick to him. We did neither, and so...

...We get a scene of Mitsuru calling someone.

It's me. I'm sorry for calling so late.
As for what to do with the new arrival...
I would like to ask... that you perform a full autopsy.
If we find any distinguishing features, we may be able to locate her family, and...

Because of this... I think it would be disrespectful to the deceased to cover up her death...
I will, of course, take full responsibility--

But judging by the postmortem, we were certain she was...
Understood.
I'm sorry, but this must be kept strictly confidential until we know more.
If there are any other changes... Yes, absolutely.
Well then...

I really feel like that should be my line here.

We'll have to wait and see what happens for now...

And so on that bizarrely enigmatic note, November comes to a close. Sure.

He's prolly sick or somethin'. It's been cold lately.
Or, maybe he met a hot chick on the way to school and decided to go out with her.
That guy does stuff like that without even thinking about it.

Aigis summing up my thoughts on Junpei's idea here really well, I see.

Anyway, today is Tuesday so let's spend even more time with Mitsuru. This can't possibly backfire.

Joy

Well, it makes sense... An entire octopus would be too much food for one person.
*sigh* Sometimes I'm amazed at my ignorance of the world...

> Mitsuru seems dejected.

You pay.
I will have one takoyaki, please.
...What? Takoyaki isn't sold in individual pieces?
So, I can buy a dozen at this price!?

One fade to blue later...

Mmm... It tastes slightly sour....
Are there other ingredients in addition to the octopus?
Well, whatever they may be, they taste absolutely delicious... C'est tres bon!

> Mitsuru has discovered how delicious takoyaki tastes...

> Your relationship with her has grown.

I'm not seeing the connection here, but sure. I'll take it.

Don't you think Akihiko has been acting differently lately?
I don't mean to be rude, it's just that I've known him for such a long time...
Perhaps he's just maturing...
Does that make you happy?
...Of course that makes me happy.
With all we've been through, it can be difficult to get over our pasts.

I'm very impressed by him.

When I look at Akihiko, I'm reminded of so many things about myself.
I can't explain why, though...
Maybe you're anxious.
Anxiety...? Hm, maybe so...

Perhaps I feel pressed for time because I'm the only one of us who isn't growing...
...Let's just forget about this.
*sigh* I don't even know what I'm talking about.
Sorry for subjecting you to my incoherent ramblings... Please forget what I just said.
Sure.
Thank you.

The takoyaki was absolutely delicious. We should eat here again sometime.

> After saying goodbye to Mitsuru, you decided to return to the dorm.

Iwatodai Dorm

But, we don't have any Shadows to kill.
Man, this sucks...
I heard Ryoji's not feeling good.
Maybe he's been studying too much...
Haha! Nah, that can't be it.

Good to see that Junpei believes in his friends. :v:

...her words really touched me.

She seems to have something on her mind.
What do you think, Makoto-kun?
I agree.
I wonder what happened to her...

Do you think it's because they just don't get along?
Yeah.
It's probably because he's always flirting. To be honest, I don't really like him that much either.

...but make sure you don't tire yourself out.

Oh, I wouldn't worry about that. Exams aren't until the 14th and we've long since maxed our Academics.

Do you think I influenced her somehow?

That guy's got a lot of guts.

So, um... please do your best on your exams.

Aigis is... hiding over by the stairs today. That sure is a different place to be hanging out. Makes her surprisingly easy to miss.

Well, tomorrow's a full moon, and who even knows what's gonna happen then! Quite possibly nothing of importance, since all the Arcana Shadows have been killed and all. We'll find out what it's gonna be soon enough, though...

Lotus Aura fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Jun 29, 2018

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Man, can't wait for all the nothing that's about to happen on the full moon!

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
I'm glad we're finally at the best part of this game where [spoiler]everyone uses the Dark Hour to study like mad and the entire group aces their exams [/spoilers]

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

RedMagus posted:

I'm glad we're finally at the best part of this game where [spoiler]everyone uses the Dark Hour to study like mad and the entire group aces their exams [/spoilers]

That's implicitly what they'e all been doing from day one, on nights when they don't go to Tartarus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Soul Phrase -Long Vers.-

Topological space is a nightmare mess unless you understand what a topology is in the first place. A mathematical topology is the study of properties that are preserved through deformations of a geometric shape outside of tearing. A circle is topologically identical to an ellipse, for example.

The Lyapunov Exponent is generally defined as the rate in which two objects in motion that are infinitesimally close together are slowly separating.

Both are just saying that Makoto and Kotone start from a similar point at sure look to be identical depending on perspective, but are drifting apart over time. Why bring this up now? Well...

Excellent question! I'd like to think it'll make sense later this month, but for now don't worry too much about it. The Soul Phrase OP includes a bunch of stuff that flashes by so quickly that you don't get the chance to process it. Some of it I don't think fits, though.

For now, let's get back to early November. We have some folks to rescue for Tartarus, and first off we have Maiko on floor 149. Naturally, if you don't rescue her and haven't finished the Hanged Man social link by now then that becomes impossible to finish.

Next random dude is up on floor 152. Nothing fancy about this guy, though.

Same applies to the old woman we can find on floor 158. That makes all three, so we're definitely done in Tartarus until later now.

So we'll just dunk on Strega again. It takes no time at all, because they are Strega.

The lack of real cutscenes really shows how it can potentially hinder things at this point. But it's even worse...

Here. This entire scene is even more of a disappointment with no real motion in scenes, animated or otherwise.

But the biggest crime is that Koromaru does not get to dunk on Ikutsuki. In fact, Koromaru is not in this scene at all.

Instead, we get new dialogue that... makes Ikutsuki seem even more like a Generic Bad Guy than ever before. Impressive, really.

Also, hey, Takeharu got a new portrait. Kind of.

He's dead and it's a bad image.

While we have the chance, let's grab the rewards from the police station for the last Tartarus expedition. The Felt Doll is the one for rescuing Maiko and it restores SP when you have it equipped. It's okay, but it's basically just another Mage's Mark.

Adventured act

But, hey, let's cover some actual new content. At some point in October, this fella turned up in the nightclub. He's not in vanilla or FES, and has a lot to say...

Alright, tell me... have you ever had a dream where you're falling?
No.
...Hmm. Well, to tell the truth...
I heard a rumor that if you don't wake up before you hit bottom, you die...
Forget it, sorry. Shouldn't have brought it up.
I've been having the weirdest dreams lately... Geez, what's wrong with me...?
Why don't you head on home instead of wandering around a place like this?
Well, you're a kid... I always wanted to see what this kind of place was like when I was your age, too. Haha...
You're... in high school, right?
I remember back then. Makes me a little jealous of you.

Yes.

It would've been really awkward if we didn't spend some time with Akihiko before and would technically have to say "no."

Heh, good for you. Things were so much simpler at that age...
Once you get to be as old as me, love loses some of its luster. Romance gets harder to enjoy.
So enjoy it while you still can... Haha, this isn't any of my business, is it?
...But seriously, I envy you.
I'm an adult now. I can't be as carefree as I used to.

*sigh* I'm not the marrying kind.
You give up so much of your freedom once you become an adult... Heh.
About that weird dream I've been having... I'm pretty sure I know what's causing it.
It was just a spur-of-the-moment thing, but...
I... Well, I cheated on my girl.

I'm starting to feel guilty about the whole thing. Haha... stupid, isn't it?
Hey...
Do you think it's an unforgiveable sin to cheat on someone? Or is it just human nature?
I think it's a sin.
That's what I thought... Haha.
Sorry for asking such a stupid question.
When I was young... I thought my life was just beginning.

Every day is more of the same betrayal and acting on my ridiculous desires...
I wonder if I'm gonna have that dream again tonight...
poo poo! I feel like I'm going insane...

Whew, that was a long chat with this random guy, huh? Don't worry, we did that for a reason. Namely that we'll be seeing this Totally Definitely Generic NPC With A Conspicuous Character Model later.

Let's just skip ahead a couple days now and begin hanging out with folks again. Starting with, uh... Theo? Hell yeah, Theo!

Theo's School Daze

Joy

It's difficult to wrap one's mind around such a beautiful place transforming into Tartarus...
...Hm?

> You sense the students leaving school are staring at you and Theo...

We seem to be under some rather intense scrutiny.

> Theo is nodding solemnly...

Here, please come closer to me. Stay in my shadow.
I don't think it'll help.
It's all right.
You'll be relieved to know that I won't leave your side.
Now, let us head inside the school.

If that's the case... then...

> Theo walked towards the school store.

Excuse me, I'd like to purchase a "school lunch."

Vendor: Oh... yes?

> It seems Theo is asking for something unreasonable...

They don't sell those.
They don't...!?
That... is unfortunate...

I've been yearning to try it for myself for the longest time...
I see...

> Theo seems disappointed, but he still bought bread.

Now then, won't you guide me on a tour of the school?

> You decide to take him to Classroom 2-F.

Odd how this time around it's our idea. As you might recall, last time, this was Elizabeth's suggestion to head to our classroom.

It's here that you spend such long hours each day...
...Does it go something like this?

> Theo sat down at a student's desk.

> Theo is looking up at you in anticipation...

> .....

> .....

> Should you try giving him a question...?

What food do I like?
Myself, I enjoy takoyaki, but...
It seems there is still much to learn about you.

> Theo seems a little vexed...

I now have a much better understanding of what a lesson is like for you.
Shall we head elsewhere, then?

> You decide to walk around the school with Theo.

What is this ersatz human used for? A living human would seem much more beautiful to me.

> Theo glanced towards you...

Though if the object is to always keep one close at hand... That may be somewhat understandable.

Can you play?
Well, certainly I can produce the correct notes according to the music on the sheet...
But I doubt that could be called good music...
I never understood the difference before, but I think I can appreciate it more nowadays.
I wonder why...

If so... I doubt they'd get anywhere.
....?
Going nowhere...
Ah, now I see. It was designed with a profound philosophical point in mind...

My knowledge of this world is that much deeper now.
If it is all right with you, I'd like to again go...
"Again"...?
That's... odd.
Why did I come here?
And why with you...?
What... is this desire I have to know more about you...?
Oh, pardon me.
You must be exhausted. I had you chaperone me to so many different places...
Let us go. Please, may I take your hand?

> You went back to the Velvet Room with Theo.

End

Nothing else of note happens until now until Ryoji shows up. That day's gonna be a very busy one for us, especially now...

Sun

C'mere, over here!

> ...?

> Junpei beckons you over.

Do you need something?
You know the new transfer student, right? Has he been introduced to you yet?
Anyways, this is Kotone.

She transferred here earlier this year.
Oh... I see. I'm Ryoji Mochizuki. Nice to meet you.
Nice to meet you, too.
Hey, what's wrong? What're you gaping at?
Huh?
Oh, um...
I just got the strangest feeling when I looked at Kotone-chan...

Haha! Wow, that's one of the oldest pickup lines in the book!

Anyway, I hope we'll get along.

> Ryoji gently offers his hand...

> ...You went with the flow and shook it.

> You've been introduced to the friendly transfer student, Ryoji Mochizuki...

So, yeah, Ryoji here is our last unique S.Link and it's insanely picky and special. Getting through this link in its entirety is very specific in ways that we'll see as it progresses.

I'm looking forward to chatting with you more.

> ...Aigis suddenly appears from somewhere.

...Oh, um, Aigis-san.
Would it be all right if I stood closer to you, then?
Absolutely not!
Yikes... What's all this about...?

That's a fantastic question. Aigis sure doesn't like Ryoji for some reason, and even here we're getting a reminder of that since it hasn't really come up since.

Nicely enough, we don't lose our afternoon free time slot because of Ryoji. A nice unexpected boon, for sure.

We'll definitely be spending it with Akihiko because hell yeah.

Akihiko Sanada: The Star

Warm Feeling

Maybe I have a cushion somewhere...
Oh, you want something to drink?
Please sit down, Sempai.
Y-Yeah, I guess I should.
...Is this better?

> Akihiko seems a little flustered...

Err... My room doesn't weird you out, does it?
It fits you.
You think so? That's good.

> Akihiko seems relieved...

This is all new for me...
That's so cute!
Wha--Hey, don't tease me!

> Akihiko turns bright red.

I wanted to give you this today.
Will you take it...?

Don't you think it looks like you?
What's with that face? It looks just like you...
There was a time when... I thought I was just seeing Miki in you.
But when I bought that... I knew then that wasn't the case.
Passing by toy stores always made me think of Miki.

I kept telling myself I was doing everything I could...
Then when I saw that in the store, your face was the first thing that popped into my mind.
And then I thought about Miki...

If it hadn't been for you, I might never have gotten over it.
I would've just pretended that I did...
Whether things have been painful, or happy, or sad... You've always been there for me.
You should know that if you're ever going through hard time, I'll be there for you too.
From now on, we have each other...
I... I hope you don't mind me saying this, but...
Kotone...
You mean a lot to me...

> Akihiko has honestly confided in you how he feels...

> You sense a strong bond with Akihiko...

The Path is Open

Warm Feeling

Helel ben Shahar is the Lightbringer. We'll see him maybe once ever since he's level 88. He's also maybe not super great, honestly. Especially not for how late he comes in.

...He does have something in vanilla, especially, that makes him more worthwhile though. When we unlock him again in the "main" timeline, we'll take a bit more of a look at it, I'm sure.

...Uh, I mean, Port Island in general, not this room.
D-Don't think I'm gonna lose control or anything because I let you in here...
...Come on, don't laugh like that.
Kotone...
...You're the only one I can act this way around.

Mate, I already do.

Come on, let me hear how it sounds.
"Aki"...
...Thanks.
I'll be sure to make you happy.
In time, I hope you can find even more about me to love...

End

Since we can snag 3 links today, we'll spend the evening with Koromaru. Hell yeah!

Warm Feeling

Sadly, no video for this one because Koromaru doesn't get to be voiced here. :(

> Koromaru ran off behind the shrine...

> ...He returned with something in his teeth.

> Koromaru is looking up at you with his big eyes...

> You took what Koromaru was holding.

Is this yours?
Woof.

> Koromaru is wagging his tail...

> It seems he wants you to hold on to it...

I'll cherish it.
Arf.

> But... a collar?

Am I your master?
*whine*

> Koromaru is shaking his head...

I can hold on to it?
Woof!

> Koromaru answered energetically...

Will you stick with me?
Woof!

> Koromaru is wagging his tail...

> This must be Koromaru's resolution...

> Koromaru will follow you for sure...

> ...no matter where that might lead...

> That's how you feel...

The Path is Open

We've already seen Siegfried. He's no different here, really.

Warm Feeling

> Koromaru is running about the shrine while wagging his tail...

> You decide to play with him a little here...

> It's getting late, so you decide to go back to the dorm together...

It's a shame that we're done with Koromaru now. Unlike most others, even maxed out you can still spend time with him AND have it be worthwhile because it gets you free stuff still.

Mostly wouldn't bother, though.

Anyway, next day we're gonna hang out with Ken. It won't be super-awful, I promise! Remember, we banished the Bad Route to the Shadow Realm last time.

After School

Anywhere you want! I'll pay.

Huh...?
...Ah.
Oh, he's one of my classmates...

> A boy about Ken's height walks by...

Ken's Classmate: What're you doing?

Uh... nothing! I'm just about to go to dinner...

Huh?
...Oh, n-no!

Ken's Classmate: Wh-What're you getting mad at me for!?

Because...
I'm not her younger brother!
Kotone-san is... She's my...

We're friends, right?

Wh-What's so weird!?

Ken's Classmate: I mean, she's way older than you.

...!
Sh-Shut up!

Ken's Classmate: Your face is stupid! Dumbass! Hag!

Silence

> Ken's classmate runs off...

> ...Did he just call you a hag...?

Warm Feeling

Um...
I'm sorry he said that stuff...
I'm sorry...
It didn't bother me.

> Ken hangs his head low...

I know that already...
That's a fact that can't be changed...
So... Why are you bothering with a kid like me?
The guys at the dorm are older than me, and you have lots of friends, right...?
Then... why me...?

> Ken looks downwards, but he has a serious expression...

> You must be honest with him...

You're a special friend.

Note that if you really want to, you CAN still opt to date Ken here. Don't do that. No, bad.

Kotone-san...

Even though I'm just a kid...?
I can't be there for you like everyone else...
And you still...
Thank you, Kotone-san.

I really look up to you...
You're so kind and strong...
I want to be more like you.

> Ken smiles.

> You sense a strong bond has formed between you and Ken...

I'm sorry... I'll just get something quick to eat and go up to my room today.
...W-Well then!

> Ken's face has turned bright red...

> ...Ken ran off.

> You decide to return to the dorm.

Sun

> ...Ryoji is waving to you.

Is this how you get to school too?
I think it's always fun to ride a monorail.
Look... The sun's shining off the ocean beautifully.
This view really lifts my spirits...
I think I understand.
Huh? Really?

I thought that the world was being especially dazzling today...
...Could that be because you're standing here with me?

Oh, we're almost at school already. That's a shame...
Is school fun?
Yeah, it's a lot of fun.

You know... It's probably because I know I can see you there.
Everything's glimmering there, just like this ocean...

> Ryoji laughs easily...

> You feel like you understand Ryoji a little better now...

I hope today turns out to be fun!

> You hurried to school with Ryoji...

So, this was the last time Ryoji straight up gives you a gimme for his social link (for a while, at least). The rest is... potentially annoying to deal with. Some of it is incredibly mean, honestly.

But we'll get to that fairly soon. First, we'll spend more time with Ken.

Warm Feeling

It's nice and cool in the morning, and in the afternoon the sun's bright and it smells like nature...
But I especially like it at night.
It's quiet... It makes me feel like I can be true to my own feelings.

> Ken smiles peacefully...

I had some homework a while back. We were supposed to write an essay about our dreams for the future.

The teacher got angry and made me stay after class, but I still couldn't come up with anything.
I really couldn't think of a single thing I dreamed...
But my teacher said that I had to turn it in right then, so I wrote that I wanted to be a soccer player.
...Because that's what the guy next to me wrote.

> Ken nimbly scales the jungle gym...

Come up here, Kotone-san.
The sky's a little closer up here...

> You climbed the jungle gym and sat next to Ken.

It's probably because I've never thought about myself like that.
I... didn't care about the future.
But you made me realize that.
You didn't treat me like a kid or take pity on me...
You listened to what I had to say.

It all depends... on how I become one.
There's no rush.
Yes. I need to go at my own pace... Right?

If you can stay by my side and watch over me, I'll be happy...

> Ken blushes a little...

> You feel like your bond with Ken has grown stronger...

I want to pray for everyone's safety.
...You're all important to me, after all.

> You and Ken spent some time at the shrine before returning to the dorm together.

So, on the 13th of November, we can opt to hang out with Ryoji. This is for his rank 3 event and it is only available today.

If you don't do it, then whoops you can never rank Fortune up again. Try again next time!

After School

Ah, Mikako-chan.

Girl with Buns: Ooh, it's Ryoji. Hey, are you going somewhere?

> Ryoji is suddenly surrounded by a swarm of girls...

Sorry, ladies, but I've already got plans for today. Maybe next time...

Girl with Buns: Whaaat? When's "next time" gonna be?

Girl with Buns: *squeal* Awww!

> Ryoji charms his way through thr throng of female students...

Ahaha, please! You're all so cute; I can't choose just one of you.
I'm sorry, I'm sorry, but I've already decided on my princess for today.

> Ryoji suddenly takes your hand.

Why'd you do that...?
Why...? It's because...

> Ryoji suddenly falls silent...

Sorry...
I'm not mad.
It's just that...

> Ryoji looks dejected...

I want to be more sincere with you...
I wonder why...

> Ryoji tightens his grip on your hand...

> The other girls leave, throwing a few dark looks your way.

Oh... Sorry.

But... I wonder why.
For some reason, Aigis-san too...

> Ryoji looks somewhat sad...

> You feel as if you're seeing a different, less cheerful side to Ryoji...

Hey, can you show me around the city? I want to see all the places you like to go to.

> You and Ryoji spent time meandering around the city...

So, that was easy to miss but it wasn't really all that bad. You probably won't miss it in practice.

So, what if it was worse?

On the 15th, which is a Sunday, Ryoji'll give you a call to hang out. Unlike in Vanilla/FES, Sunday date hangouts give you their call on Sunday morning. Ryoji sure seems like he's doing the same.

He isn't. This is him asking you for his rank 4 event. This is also only available today. Opt to not do it? Welp, more fool you.

Warm Feeling

It's because I'm here with you.
Haha, you knew what I was going to say.

> Ryoji laughs happily...

> Now that he mentioned it, you see romantic couples everywhere in the cafe...

Being lovers means that there's nobody else in the world that you care more for, right?
That'd be wonderful, if it were really true.
It'll happen to you someday.
*chuckle* I see.

You know, sometimes I think...
I would still like you, no matter if you were a guy or a girl.

Which is why this link is exclusively available here...

What do you mean?
...? Is that such an odd thing to say?

I'm positive that I've known you before...
...When I'm with you, I just get this feeling that I'll find out how I know you, and we'll become closer...
But... For some reason, that makes me want to cry.

> Ryoji seems sad...

> You feel like you've come to understand Ryoji a little more...

If I'm not bothering you... would it be all right if I asked you out again?
I'd be totally up for it!
I see... I'm happy to hear that.
...Oh, that reminds me. That school trip's coming up soon, right?
Let's find some time to go somewhere together while we're there.
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it...

> You left Ryoji and decided to go back to the dorm...

Ryoji mentioning the Kyoto trip here explicitly gives a partial reason for why we can only do this today. That's something that COULD be rewritten, if need be, though.

Ah well, speaking of Kyoto, there's some pretty clear differences over there. Good thing too, because we could probably do with a bit of a break.