Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the pee blackbox is real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

:golgo:
EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
:golgo:
new username idea: blackbox peetape

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

I usually squeeze a couple of rounds off towards any jokers that try that poo poo. I have a radar detector, you buzz me and it doesnt beep, im poppin off

cop airplanes don't use radar for measuring the speed of ground vehicles -- look for the markings on the side of the road

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VASCAR

p.s. the FAA WILL take a giant poo poo all over you for shooting at or near planes. they tracked down and threw a guy in jail for 2 years for doing it with a laser pointer

President Beep posted:

back when my father-in-law was learning how to fly the old codger that was teaching him once had him apply a shitload of rudder on level flight to introduce yaw. FIL didnt understand why he had him do that until he looks over and sees the guy pissing out of the side of the plane.

you can buy these things that you mount outside your plane that are a little venturi horn connected to a hose, so when the plane gets going fast enough it generates suction in the hose and you pee into it. a lot of older multicrew military jets (think like e-2 hawkeye) have this system.

the pressure differential created by the venturi is quite low, so apparently a fun trick to play is to wait for your copilot to go take a leak and then temporarily dial down the cabin pressure so it's lower than atmospheric

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Tatsujin posted:

new username idea: blackbox peetape

gonna lower my pissflaps now.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

President Beep posted:

gonna lower my pissflaps now.
cool

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

ADINSX posted:

no, driving required!

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

ADINSX posted:

no, driving required!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
that really is a primo thread title.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

you can buy these things that you mount outside your plane that are a little venturi horn connected to a hose, so when the plane gets going fast enough it generates suction in the hose and you pee into it. a lot of older multicrew military jets (think like e-2 hawkeye) have this system.

creates suction, you say?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

goddamnedtwisto posted:

why you always zipping up your pants when you get out of your plane travis? got a venturi in there???

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Hahahaha, nice one, Punchy

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ADINSX posted:

no, driving required!

thank you for the inspiration

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Sagebrush posted:

:discourse:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

lol. that’s a keeper right there.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Sagebrush posted:

gonna rile up some nerds with this, thanks

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

make the tweet

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

ArmZ posted:

make the tweet
i stole his valor already cuz sagebrush doesn't do twitter

it's gonna get more accolades than anything i've ever done for sure

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Bhodi posted:

you have to give us a trip report if you get any bites

(mixed metaphors ftw!)

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
just tweeted it to the muskman i hope he blocks me

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Bhodi posted:

it's gonna get more accolades than anything i've ever done for sure

please do report back, i don't care about having it associated with my username (in fact i would prefer it isn't) but i like to see just how much traction these things get

this one i made got like 250,000 views on imgur and was the top of the front page of reddit for about 6 hours and i still see it in random places every few weeks

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

i hear model s production is on fire! just really blazing along now.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Sagebrush posted:

please do report back, i don't care about having it associated with my username (in fact i would prefer it isn't) but i like to see just how much traction these things get

this one i made got like 250,000 views on imgur and was the top of the front page of reddit for about 6 hours and i still see it in random places every few weeks

didn't know you made that, it's pretty great. I've seen it before

mostly yospos people follow me so i wouldn't expect those kinds of numbers unless some big name sees it

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

gold

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

now i cant stop imagining him as lionel hutz

elon musk, jumping to his feet and producing a small knife upon being abruptly woken up: “don’t touch my stuff!!! .... oh, hey, this isn’t the tesla factory...”

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

beautiful

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Sagebrush posted:

mods please make this post its own thread and goldmine it

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

mods please make this post its own thread and goldmine it

yospos background

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

Sagebrush posted:

I love this so much. Thank you.

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

Sagebrush posted:

I love this so much. Thank you.

e: unintentional, but deserved, double post

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Sagebrush posted:

thanks and "god bless",

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Sagebrush posted:

:ghost:

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless
Sagebrush, I don't use the word "hero" very often, but you are the greatest hero in American history

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Sagebrush posted:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/05/facebook-building-8-explored-data-sharing-agreement-with-hospitals.html

quote:

Facebook has asked several major U.S. hospitals to share anonymized data about their patients, such as illnesses and prescription info, for a proposed research project. Facebook was intending to match it up with user data it had collected, and help the hospitals figure out which patients might need special care or treatment.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

What a hippa precious?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

PostNouveau posted:

You know what the thing about this is, those companies don't really have actual people answering their phones or even phone numbers. It's a loving miracle to get Google or Facebook's attention when there's like a glitch or something that could literally be killing your business (real business, not youtube revenue). They think they only need their algorithms, so they don't post phone numbers or hire enough customer service and you almost gotta have a connection just to get a phone call.

So someone losing their poo poo and shooting four employees and themselves in your lobby is loving insane, but YouTube hasn't given themselves the slightest chance of defusing that situation before it starts.

...if you think about it, the youtube shooting was really a customer service issue