Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Easily my favorite part about cheese is how it never expires

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

You just carve off the greener bits.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Got a new tire. Discount confirmed the wheel is still straight.

Wedged the headlight back in and kinda zip tied the bumper to make the car look driveable... don't want it to get towed. The frame horn took a hit, but it's ahead of the suspension, and only seems to affect the washer fluid reservoir. I'll hammer it out of the way of the filler so it doesn't crack. Junkyard run tomorrow to get a mirror, corner light, headlight, headlight bucket, pigtail for the headlight, and turn signal socket (it unplugs from the harness, while the headlight plug doesn't). I have to wait for the insurance check before I can do the bumper, crash absorber, and fender.

I asked Enterprise for a compact or mid size.... they gave me this. It'll be handy for the junkyard trips, but I really don't like the mileage. :sigh: Or how hard it is to park compared to my car. Dash readout shows 19 mpg highway, which is pretty drat reasonable for a 261 hp 4x4, but it drops to 12 in city driving.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Apr 6, 2018

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Just Enjoy that new truck while you have it.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Last time I rented a car I booked a mid-size coupe and ended up with a crewcab colorado.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

InitialDave posted:

You've got their standard attitude down pat, though.

You're not getting my humor, then. I'm an engineer, same as you (IIRC) and live pretty reasonably. I'm a bit more responsible these days and try to avoid car loans and debt if possible, that's all.

FWIW I've never even been to that site.

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Apr 6, 2018

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Got a new tire. Discount confirmed the wheel is still straight.

Wedged the headlight back in and kinda zip tied the bumper to make the car look driveable... don't want it to get towed. The frame horn took a hit, but it's ahead of the suspension, and only seems to affect the washer fluid reservoir. I'll hammer it out of the way of the filler so it doesn't crack. Junkyard run tomorrow to get a mirror, corner light, headlight, headlight bucket, pigtail for the headlight, and turn signal socket (it unplugs from the harness, while the headlight plug doesn't). I have to wait for the insurance check before I can do the bumper, crash absorber, and fender.

I asked Enterprise for a compact or mid size.... they gave me this. It'll be handy for the junkyard trips, but I really don't like the mileage. :sigh: Or how hard it is to park compared to my car. Dash readout shows 19 mpg highway, which is pretty drat reasonable for a 261 hp 4x4, but it drops to 12 in city driving.

Start renting yourself out as a mover until they want the truck back.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
I'm more amazed that they gave you a truck that is the exact same shade of suburban apathy.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Fermented Tinal posted:

Last time I rented a car I booked a mid-size coupe and ended up with a crewcab colorado.

I reserved a Mustang convertible and got a Chrysler mini-van (which smelled of wet dog), they called this a 'free upgrade'. Rental car companies are hosed up.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Just found this in my tool box :v:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
No seriously who the gently caress uses SAE :v:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Fermented Tinal posted:

lol same except it was a mid-size sedan

I mean, I like the new Colorado, but I was expecting a Camry.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Well, me

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

This comment made me realize that all of the brake hardware on all the vehicles in my care is metric. Huh.

Also, :mad:.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

This comment made me realize that all of the brake hardware on all the vehicles in my care is metric. Huh.

Also, :mad:.

SAE is dead.

Or loving should be.

Like I use my SAE poo poo so infrequently that I've never even halfway misplaced any of it. I know exactly where it is. Metric, on the other hand, I want like 8 copies of each just in loving case.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Kyle doesn't run a hood on his Toyota, because someone hosed it up.

Kyle doesn't have access to a welding machine, or even a power drill for that matter

Kyle's lovely old ebay exhaust manifold rusted off at the collection point just before the flange. The turbo used to go vent through the hood, straight up, but now there is no turbo : (((((

Kyle is awesome.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

everdave posted:

Just Enjoy that new truck while you have it.

Definitely not enjoying the harsh ride, but it's the Pro-4X, which has a pretty beefy suspension (and according to Nissan's website, Bilstein shocks), and an electronic locker. I have no loving clue why they'd be renting out 4x4s at a very suburban location, but there ya have it. It's from out of state, so maybe they do things differently where it normally resides.

It does pretty sweet burnouts if you turn off the traction control. :v:

iwentdoodie posted:

I'm more amazed that they gave you a truck that is the exact same shade of suburban apathy.

No joke there. When they picked me up, my first reaction was ".... I asked for a small car". Second was "seriously? the same color as my car?!".

When they got me to the office to do paperwork, I asked if they had anything smaller. They walked me out back and showed me a collection of CUVs and SUVs, and said they had absolutely zero cars of any type. I kept the truck, by that point I'd realized it'll be handy to haul a bumper back from the JY (if I find another suburban apathy one with the fog light cutouts, anyway).

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Currently in the middle of remodeling my wife's old house so we can put it up for sale. Bought two porch lights from Amazon, one was a warehouse deal. Went to install today, and the damaged box light was fine while the new one was completely inop. Sigh.

I spent most of the day in the tiny AF attic with my face in dusty blown cellulose insulation, trying to figure out the flying splice spaghetti mess of wiring that her ex-husband made when they "remodeled" years ago. I also found where he "repaired" a copper line in the wall with rubber hose and hose clamps.

:suicide:

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Definitely not enjoying the harsh ride, but it's the Pro-4X, which has a pretty beefy suspension (and according to Nissan's website, Bilstein shocks), and an electronic locker. I have no loving clue why they'd be renting out 4x4s at a very suburban location, but there ya have it. It's from out of state, so maybe they do things differently where it normally resides.

It does pretty sweet burnouts if you turn off the traction control. :v:

I know you're sore, but like, why aren't you finding a rutted-out powerline road or something right now?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Hell yeah just ate something off the bed and it turned out to be food

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

Dick cheese

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

iwentdoodie posted:

SAE is dead.

Or loving should be.

Like I use my SAE poo poo so infrequently that I've never even halfway misplaced any of it. I know exactly where it is. Metric, on the other hand, I want like 8 copies of each just in loving case.

Same, but the opposite. Aren't you a muscle car guy? I use metric somewhat frequently, but only because 14mm is basically 9/16 and 16mm is basically 5/8 and so forth. The occasional actual-metric fastener usually takes me like 3 guesses of socket size before I realize "oh, it's metric :saddowns:" only because I just don't run into them that often. I've never misplaced a 10mm anything, but I've lost at least three 9/16" ratcheting wrenches.

Like, who even uses metric fasteners? Oddball things always throw me for a loop until I realize they're not standard.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Meat what i dont need teeth to eat is the best

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

I know you're sore, but like, why aren't you finding a rutted-out powerline road or something right now?

Because it's one thirsty motherfucker. The built in MPG meter dropped below 10 mpg when I flogged it a bit. got it back up to 19.4 on the way home, Stayed in low 18s after I got home and ran around-town errands. I gunned it to get back on the highway, and it had dropped to 15 by the time I hit the end of the onramp.

I can't really figure out how to get it to go into 4x4 either. I can flip the knob over to 4x4 Hi or Lo, but the dash indicator just keeps flashing. I'm guessing I have to do some kind of Konami code (or at least put it in park first). I was hoping to see what 4 Lo with the diffs locked would do to the tires in a dirt lot (.... it'd probably be pretty spectacular for the transfer case). Kinda curious what the "hill descent" button does too.

Kinda surprised how spartan the interior is.. it's a $34k truck. The head unit's navigation is straight out of 2004, I fully expected the only Bluetooth functions to be phone calls without A2DP. Turns out it does A2DP, but only if you hit AUX a few times on the stereo itself (can't get it to BT Aux with the steering wheel controls).

e: 8 motherfucking cup holders though. 4 in the console (2 front, 2 back), plus one in each door. The gently caress Nissan?

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Apr 6, 2018

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Making egg mcmuffins with spam instead of ham is the poo poo

That's a lot of loving sodium tho dog :v:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Making egg mcmuffins with spam instead of ham is the poo poo

That's a lot of loving sodium tho dog :v:

Its okay i already balanced it out with 1.4 lb of double smoked bacon

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
heartburnnnnnnn

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

Its okay i already balanced it out with 1.4 lb of double smoked bacon

Put some pepper on that bacon to negate the salt.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
For lunch today I tossed 3 eggs, some leftover taco meat and the remnants of some shredded cheese into a pan. Topped it with some spicy ranch and it was goooood.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

My stomach gurgled, and I ripped one of the most horrific farts ever, just from reading that.

Someone please send oxygen. :smithicide:

(okay fine probably unrelated, but the timing was spot on... and I feel another one coming after clicking edit post)

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Rhyno posted:

For lunch today I tossed 3 eggs, some leftover taco meat and the remnants of some shredded cheese into a pan. Topped it with some spicy ranch and it was goooood.

Eggs make any leftovers delicious.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Enourmo posted:

Eggs make any leftovers delicious.

Except for old eggs

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I really miss who I was before my psychotic break. The fit, young man who was ambitious and determined; not the doughy, anxious, lazy rear end I am now

I almost want to go back onto the feedback loop meds that put me into a state of hypomania for years. I worked 12 hour days in 3 different jobs and lifted hardcore everyday, I was in school and I had 2 real jobs. Sure, I don't have to worry about going into full blown mania or a deep depression anymore, but this even mood isn't going nearly as well as I thought it would

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Mania owns

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I have spent hundreds of dollars and countless hours cleaning and scrubbing and vacuuming this house and throwing away every rug and I have sat here finally feeling like it is going to be ok and I just found another flea on me guys I am not exaggerating I feel like I am going to have a psychotic breakdown I don’t know what to do the loving vet can’t shave and treat this loving cat til next Wednesday but it’s outside I don’t know what to do please someone tell me

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Oh, it's the best feeling ever, but I make really poor life decisions in that state. What do you think happened to my real jobs?

And my current meds make me extremely photosensitive. Going from inside into direct sunlight causes me to recoil from pain in my eyeballs

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

The Door Frame posted:

Oh, it's the best feeling ever, but I make really poor life decisions in that state.

Hi

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

I can't really figure out how to get it to go into 4x4 either. I can flip the knob over to 4x4 Hi or Lo, but the dash indicator just keeps flashing. I'm guessing I have to do some kind of Konami code (or at least put it in park first). I was hoping to see what 4 Lo with the diffs locked would do to the tires in a dirt lot (.... it'd probably be pretty spectacular for the transfer case). Kinda curious what the "hill descent" button does too.

I don't know much about 4x4 in modern transmissions, but you should be able to turn on 4x4high while moving at low speed, and 4x4low in neutral. Might have to drive it back/forth on loose terrain to get it to kick in. "Hill Descent" is likely a trick pulsing ABS feature.

Source: sitting in my old Jeep, watching my friend go back and forth buttonmashing his 2015 Tacoma TRD 4x4 into sensor compliance over a mild shelf obstacle.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Darchangel posted:

At a certain point, for example, I'm going to have to decide if I will ever build the unbuilt model kits I have, or if I should just sell them. The good news is that a lot of them are OOP and/or vintage now, and therefore worth at least what I paid for them adjusted, if not more (a lot more, in some cases, it looks like.)

I have an Airfix battleship Graf Spee 1/600 that I never put together. Looks like about 40 bux max value.
The last one I glued together was the USS New Jersey when I was a kid. I sank it soon after, in a kiddies wading pool, with an m-80

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

I have a toolbox with a mix of SAE, metric, and whitworth. I had more than a couple of bikes that needed two and in one case, all three.

• Locked thread