Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Nicholas posted:

The "untrustworthy source" is the link ben posted to his own site on twitter.

https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/721130582361505793
https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/721141206336417793

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Can we get this Crobearred?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Lundfoci/status/981855402546491392?s=19

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

peter gabriel posted:

He is also remarkably rotund

He's an all rounder,he's all round,he's a loving all round swell kind of guy.

He's a big fat bastard.

Goosfraba
Feb 26, 2016

Kosumo posted:

Can we get this Crobearred?

Yes we can.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

https://web.archive.org/web/20160416160319/http://trelane.hamtwoslices.net/index.php?latest=21914

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/444827c0ae00b203f2c5c568e6bb874f

http://web.archive.org/web/*/hamtwoslices.net

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Very important question: have i missed any asci art or cowbell?

Whats not important is if the game is out because i know two months have only gone by and lolololol

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!
Never change, Derek

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

I don't mean to be weird, but, isn't 100+ ships maybe too many for a game to have? After a point it is surely a detriment to the overall design and gameplay, especially for a pvp/competitive game.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
For a game, yes...

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sunswipe posted:

I don't know what you mean, he's clearly living life to the full.
https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/981680408931713024

https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/981974191988662272

https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/981989174893932544

Who amongst us doesn't spend their days rewatching a poo poo movie from twenty years ago so they can appreciate every tiny detail?

Somebody who did some really horrible, terrible poo poo, and this is their life punishment.

I'm glad of it.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Sillybones posted:

I don't mean to be weird, but, isn't 100+ ships maybe too many for a game to have? After a point it is surely a detriment to the overall design and gameplay, especially for a pvp/competitive game.

ppppppppppppppppppppppppffffffffft what are you some kinda dork? Look, if anything games like Rainbow Six and Marvel vs Capcom have taught us that it's almost too easy to fairly balance midsized rosters of characters. Don't blame CIG just because they want a little bit of a challenge.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

D_Smart posted:

Yeah, don't listen to those guys; you totally nailed it. :grin:

:lol:

My best alt status is restored. I knew it would be though. :grin:

I was just reverse inverse trolling. :grin:

Grubby Hobo
Feb 13, 2018

There's something else about bears not many people know. If a bear gets hooked on the taste of crowdfunding, it becomes a man-killer. He'll go on a rampage and has to be destroyed. And that's why you should never hug a bear.

Sillybones posted:

It would be, but the people working out that combinatorial nightmare of balance are actual college graduates. So no biggie.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Beet Wagon posted:

ppppppppppppppppppppppppffffffffft what are you some kinda dork? Look, if anything games like Rainbow Six and Marvel vs Capcom have taught us that it's almost too easy to fairly balance midsized rosters of characters. Don't blame CIG just because they want a little bit of a challenge.

:five::five::five:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/cRnkh3v.gifv

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Beet Wagon posted:

Mirificus posted:

Ashes of Creation Blog: Class List
but with spaceships, make it happen

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Polygon: Star Citizen’s first quarterly update now live; adds ships, improves performance

Grubby Hobo
Feb 13, 2018

There's something else about bears not many people know. If a bear gets hooked on the taste of crowdfunding, it becomes a man-killer. He'll go on a rampage and has to be destroyed. And that's why you should never hug a bear.
The diehard citizens sound so desperate, so pathetic, these days, that some of the sport has gone out of taunting and vexing them. It's like shooting sharks in a barrel.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Foo Diddley posted:

Yeah, well, I can tell you all day how awesome Space Taxi was, and I don't branch out to fuckin' and killin' little kids

gently caress Ben Lesnick, gently caress him right in the fuckin' ear

I have this suspicion you're not out trying to collect every version of Space Taxi and hunting it down... for 20+ years straight.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

vyst posted:

The term is "Death Fat"

Morbidly comfortable.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Goosfraba posted:

Yes we can.

You sexy bastard.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

And this is why I enjoy this rotten shitball dedicating his life to a not very good, old and forgotten video game. Anything else he could possibly contribute to humanity would be negative and hurtful.

gently caress him, and I hope he never gets to enjoy life beyond finding a new cell of some cartoon characters crotch from a cartoon about his video game that even the creator doesn't want to be associated with.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Care for another single seat fighter that is better than all the ones before it? Sure you do. We have a new concept sale promotion happening right now! Lucky you!

Goosfraba
Feb 26, 2016

The Titanic posted:

Somebody who did some really horrible, terrible poo poo, and this is their life punishment.

I'm glad of it.

I respectfully disagree, this is Ben's life punishment.

This is what a life of pain and disconfort looks like.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Regarding that procedural moon and planetary generation in SC.

Hope SC devs learn a thing or three from Elite Devs.

https://80.lv/articles/generating-the-universe-in-elite-dangerous/

Its another educational and intelligent read. Not... uh.. COOL... and ... FIDELITY.

64 bit precision posted:

In terms of scope and scale, though, planet-scaling noise across accurately sized planets is a challenge. To ensure consistent visuals and gameplay on the screen and between users we need millimeter precision, but the input values for the noise functions depend on the point on the surface of the world relative to the planet’s center, which can be of the scale of tens of billions of millimeters. We could use 32 bit – i.e. single-floats if the scales involved were 100s of km instead of 10s of thousands of km. To tackle this, we have written alternate libraries to create the functions in 64 bit – i.e. double precision and dual-float precision. The former is native 64-bit handling floating point numbers and the latter is emulated 64-bit functionality using two 32 bit floats. The reason for this is some GPUs handle one better than the other, or not at all, and we need good graphics card coverage. This comfortably gives us the number-space required for millimeter precision.

no_recall fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Apr 6, 2018

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Yeah, there are plenty of poorly managed, clusterfucked projects that take nearly 10 years and multiple false starts before getting out the gate. They are almost always terrible to mediocre but I'm sure star citizen will be totally different.

This is good for the future of pc gaming.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Sillybones posted:

In Stellaris you can make custom classes and mix and match hull segments to make the ships how you like them.

It's still not even close to 100.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

no_recall posted:

Regarding that procedural moon and planetary generation in SC.

Hope SC devs learn a thing or three from Elite Devs.

https://80.lv/articles/generating-the-universe-in-elite-dangerous/

Its another educational and intelligent read. Not... uh.. COOL... and ... FIDELITY.

Yeah but can you fit 10 skyrims in a crater? Didn't think so :colbert:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Goosfraba posted:

I respectfully disagree, this is Ben's life punishment.

This is what a life of pain and disconfort looks like.

lol remember when they used to shove this thing in front of the cameras on a weekly basis

at least they finally wizened up and cast him to the garbage heap along with the rest of chris' failed dreams

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Sillybones posted:

Il-2 Sturmovik 1946 easily had over 100 planes after mods and patches but at least its excuse was trying to have as many planes from the war as they realistically could, and because spergs. In the end, many were so similar you could have cut 1/4 of them all and not missed out on any major designs/variants

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Blue On Blue posted:

lol remember when they used to shove this thing in front of the cameras on a weekly basis

Sandi wanted the ugliest piece of poo poo next to her so that she could look half decent by comparison.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

The important word here is "own". Who said anything about "play" or "fly" those are your words, not CIGs.

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

Sillybones posted:

No because the more money you pay for a ship the better it is. Perfectly balanced.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

The Titanic posted:

I have this suspicion you're not out trying to collect every version of Space Taxi and hunting it down... for 20+ years straight.

There was only one afaik, but now that you mention it, maybe I need to start looking harder

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

How many ships does EVE Online have compared to this?

Peter.Quint
Mar 16, 2018

Mr.Tophat posted:

The guy brags about filtering out the SA community, and those who he hasn't blocked he laughs as he says, "lol didn't read". Anyone else would have been banned already for no effort 'jokes'.

Who gives a gently caress about your real name when this stage is for trying to promote comedy.

I'll never fit in round these parts, Mr Top Hat. My admiration for Derek is too genuine, my mind too slow.

I'll never be a real goon.

Funny stuff? What have I got? How about Family Guy references, they're funny. Remember when Brian and Stuie got shut in a bank vault?

Looks like someone changed my avatar, that's exciting. I can't say more because in goon-speak I might have drunk some blim-blah and need a bee-hive before I tragically flouresce my pants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Peter.Quint posted:

I'll never fit in round these parts, Mr Top Hat. My admiration for Derek is too genuine, my mind too slow.

I'll never be a real goon.

Funny stuff? What have I got? How about Family Guy references, they're funny. Remember when Brian and Stuie got shut in a bank vault?

Looks like someone changed my avatar, that's exciting. I can't say more because in goon-speak I might have drunk some blim-blah and need a bee-hive before I tragically flouresce my pants.

Show us your balls