Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Guy Axlerod posted:

That email takes it to the next level.

Ha, thanks for pointing that out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

There's a kind of demented irony in naming a child after birth control.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Bertrand Hustle posted:

There's a kind of demented irony in naming a child after birth control.

Someone named their kid Anime?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Jerry Cotton posted:

Someone named their kid Anime?

Mirena is a hormonal IUD.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

StandardToast
Feb 13, 2012

There's a Tweety in our Hong Kong office but overall in disappointed in the normal names at my firm.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Was looking up some stuff on Marfans and came across Olympic Volleyballer 'Flora Jean "Flo" Hyman'

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Mirena is a hormonal IUD.

In a few years I predict an upswing in babies named Kyleena.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Maybe someone can explain this to me, but this Cambodian student's last name is apparently "E." Just "E," nothing else. He is literally Mister E.

I haven't seen that with any students before. I thought it was a mistake, but it's also here on his ID. Is that a common Cambodian thing, or is this still weird even with that in mind?

marshmallow creep has a new favorite as of 19:36 on Apr 6, 2018

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Guy Axlerod posted:

That email takes it to the next level.

Truly the "live long and prosper" of the new age.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Had to visit a kid in a residential program today and on the resident list was a kid named Caution. :smith:

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

RIP Pussycat Doppleganger-Weedman

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2017/09/13/Pussycat_Doppelganger_Weedman_(45)_committed_suicide_by_drug_overdose

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011
At the doctors, waiting to be called, and while that was happening the sign lit up to tell Rocker Steel the doctor was ready to see him. I assume it was the young boy who went, and not his mother who was there too.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
Yesterday, I met a little boy named Farmer.

StandardToast
Feb 13, 2012

Just added a user with the last name of Limongello. For real. Not quite the typical stdh.txt of the brothers with the first names but I still giggled to myself.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Googling it, there are apparently several people with the last name Limongello, including a professional bowler in the 60's. It just sounds like a joke name.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
last name: pinkstaff

:awesome:

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Khrystyana
Jonquiesha
Shmarira
Diamonay
Kurtireea
Arionna
Ondrea
My'King Smith Jr. (funnier with that last name)
Ladetrice
Yatopia
Demonqueion

These are all college students where I work.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

There are no fewer than four people named Bryar at my place of work.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Doing meta searches of my name, it appears that there is one other person on this planet with my same name. I find that to be very unusual. I expected either more than 2, or none others. I’m wondering if someone else is using my identity, or if its a clerical error or fluke.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Dingle Foot

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tasmantor
Aug 13, 2007
Horrid abomination
Work with a dude named Scott Thrush, like did his folks not say the name out loud first or something? Also know of a dude named Rick Shaw affectionately known as the bike taxi.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
One of my good friends is named Yehia, which is totally normal in Arabic but apparently completely unpronounceable for like 90% of Americans and 100% of the Chinese folks we work with. Our boss's wife calls him Yeehai and laughs all the time that she just can't get the hang of it (she's first-gen Chinese, as is Boss). He'll admit that it anglicizes to John if someone asks, but otherwise I think he gets a perverse pleasure out of people being unable to pronounce his name.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
Saw a woman today with a tattoo of (I assume) her kids' names on the back of her neck. Rhiannon, Leah, Jake, and Trodze,

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

Tasmantor posted:

Work with a dude named Scott Thrush, like did his folks not say the name out loud first or something?

How stupid/ignorant am I for not getting this one?

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Mr. Belpit posted:

How stupid/ignorant am I for not getting this one?

Well, it sounds like he's got thrush.

Pasketti
Nov 8, 2017

lick lick lick
I've been working in a school library and one of the kids that comes in is named "Gianyelo", which is pronounced as "Angelo".

HOW AND WHY

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Pasketti posted:

HOW AND WHY
Dyslexic parents?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

In what I know of Romance languages through Spanish, y can be pronounced j. Not sure why the gi isn't being said unless it is being intentionally dropped like in a nickname.

putrid aidsman
Apr 13, 2017

by Lowtax
Jimbob Ghostkeeper is 2018's Name of the Year. Personally, I was rooting for Dr. Narwhals Mating.

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
I wish people would stop naming their kids after Game of Thrones, or any TV show for that matter.
Couple around here named their kid Arya last week.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Fancy_Breakfast posted:

I wish people would stop naming their kids after Game of Thrones, or any TV show for that matter.

There were more girls born in 2016 in the UK called "Khaleesi" than "Claire" - and Khaleesi isn't even a name in Game of Thrones, it's a title.
UK gov't has some downloadable stats and some of the more popular names are just baffling.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Fancy_Breakfast posted:

Indian by any chance ?

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Spotted in a SAS hockey thread...

FYI the WHL is the top league for teenagers in western Canada.

deoju has a new favorite as of 00:32 on May 8, 2018

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I drove by a sign for a Dickman farms and felt the need to look them up online.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

deoju posted:

Spotted in a SAS hockey thread...

FYI the WHL is the top league for teenagers in western Canada.

Canadian English has way more vowels than I thought.

e: THAT KID IS LITERALLY NAMED "ROUX" YOU ARE CANADA YOU KNOW HOW TO FRENCH WTF

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Canadian English has way more vowels than I thought.

e: THAT KID IS LITERALLY NAMED "ROUX" YOU ARE CANADA YOU KNOW HOW TO FRENCH WTF

I know a French child called Roux. No word in any language is safe from new parents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

It's, of course, pronounced Rukes