Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

trying to divide my time between mwo, dq builders and sleeping dogs isn't working so hot :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://twitter.com/MaywaDenki/status/979259269966016512

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Ciaphas posted:

trying to divide my time between mwo, dq builders and sleeping dogs isn't working so hot :(

Play them all at once.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

guess its finally time for me to buy an otamatone

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I missed dark souls lore talk but I just wanted to say that I really liked the lore in the original King's Field trilogy (I know there's a 4th game but it's unrelated to the first 3, not set in the same world at all) and it was a really neat feeling to make all these discoveries in regards to the world and how it worked. I remember one part towards the end of KF2 that just completely changed how I saw KF1 and now if I ever play through KF1 again, I'm going to have a different experience with the story due to how the plot of the 2nd game completely changed how I view the 1st game's plot.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Olive! posted:

Play them all at once.

I unironically wish I could :(

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

FirstAidKite posted:

I missed dark souls lore talk but I just wanted to say that I really liked the lore in the original King's Field trilogy (I know there's a 4th game but it's unrelated to the first 3, not set in the same world at all) and it was a really neat feeling to make all these discoveries in regards to the world and how it worked. I remember one part towards the end of KF2 that just completely changed how I saw KF1 and now if I ever play through KF1 again, I'm going to have a different experience with the story due to how the plot of the 2nd game completely changed how I view the 1st game's plot.

I think you have described some of this stuff before and I remember it being extremely cool. I should play King’s Field.

Also does Eternal Ring relate to this stuff? It’s a PS2 classic on PS4 so I was curious

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Eternal ring is alright but kind of boring. I bought the PS2 version from a goon in SA mart and it was worth 4 dollars plus shipping although I didn't beat it.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I'm worried about the new MechWarrior (not Harebrain's Battletech) because the two missions they showed were 99% the same but different environments. They may have even been the exact same map, just one had trees and the other was Mars.

*looks up Piranha Games*

Okay this is probably going to end up bad

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
New best trophy ever? I think so at least.

It’s not the best VR game ever but for something I bought on a total whim, I’m pleased. It’s definitely something new.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I love Memes

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Dewgy posted:

New best trophy ever? I think so at least.

It’s not the best VR game ever but for something I bought on a total whim, I’m pleased. It’s definitely something new.
what do you do in this game, do you play as andy serkis

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I would put that pretty far up the list of 'worst trophies' but I respect your opinion

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

when i emulate kings field 1 (us) it constantly swings hard between running way too fast and running way too slow and i can't tell if its the game or the emulator to blame

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

homeless snail posted:

what do you do in this game, do you play as andy serkis

You, an intelligent ape of some kind, climb and shoot your way out of some kind of government research facility where they’re experimenting on you and others to find a cure for some kind of disease.

The shooting’s really solid, you have giant fuzzy monkey hands, and the climbing bits are neat if a bit flaky. It’s dumb as hell but they only wanted :10bux: for it.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I used to listen to a Dark Souls lore podcast and be really into it. Discussions about who Priscilla's parents were, who Solaire's dad was, who Black Iron Tarkus was and what his wants were. Where he came from and where he died.

Pretty stupid

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I played a match of Splatoon today with a guy who is level 175. I'm level 56 after about 300 hours. That's awesome.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Dewgy posted:

You, an intelligent ape of some kind, climb and shoot your way out of some kind of government research facility where they’re experimenting on you and others to find a cure for some kind of disease.

The shooting’s really solid, you have giant fuzzy monkey hands, and the climbing bits are neat if a bit flaky. It’s dumb as hell but they only wanted :10bux: for it.
yep, buying this

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

codenameFANGIO posted:

I think you have described some of this stuff before and I remember it being extremely cool. I should play King’s Field.

Also does Eternal Ring relate to this stuff? It’s a PS2 classic on PS4 so I was curious

I've most definitely talked about it before because I'm a broken record who can only talk about the same 5 or 6 things each year :v:

I dunno much about Eternal Ring, but if you're curious, I suggest checking into the Shadow Tower games since they're also kind of souls precursors, especially in terms of enemy design.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Shadow tower is awesome on vita once you set up the dual analog dark souls controls which is a bit of a pain in the rear end. I needed a guide to get anywhere though

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

It's kinda lame to take a chubby character and reimagine him as mega skinny

Edit: quoted the wrong post

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dedede is a healthy weight for a king penguin

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

For some reason, I was watching a speed run on YouTube, then I started reading the comments, then I started looking through commenters’ channels, and looked at their trash favourited videos, and now I’m sad and exhausted.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I once had a dude rag on me hard back in the early youtube days and when I went to look at his favorited videos it was literally thousands upon thousands of foot videos.

Needless to say I felt no need to retaliate.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Looper posted:

Yeah, the greatest tragedy of our time.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Zaggitz posted:

I once had a dude rag on me hard back in the early youtube days and when I went to look at his favorited videos it was literally thousands upon thousands of foot videos.

Needless to say I felt no need to retaliate.
one time i got into an argument with some guy on youtube and when i went to his channel it was just nothing but pics of gardevoir and a link to his fanfic where he fucks a gardevoir

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
don't read youtube comments

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Jay Rust posted:

I used to listen to a Dark Souls lore podcast and be really into it. Discussions about who Priscilla's parents were, who Solaire's dad was, who Black Iron Tarkus was and what his wants were. Where he came from and where he died.

Pretty stupid

If you're talking about Bonfireside Chat, I'm on one of their life episodes. I asked a question about what other forms of media they'd like to see the Souls property ported to.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Endorph posted:

one time i got into an argument with some guy on youtube and when i went to his channel it was just nothing but pics of gardevoir and a link to his fanfic where he fucks a gardevoir
jackpot

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
It always strikes me how high-quality Kirby humanization art tends to be.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Endorph posted:

drat you got me topped easy there.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Kirby is the video game hero I never knew that I needed

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Looper posted:

King Dedede getting mega swole is canon now though.

Though I guess the arms aren't big enough for that.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Apr 6, 2018

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Looper posted:

DDD is a Bara now

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Samuringa posted:

DDD is a Bara now

oh my~

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
It's great to see Nintendo teaching kids valuable lessons about self-improvement, & tackling American's obesity crisis in their own way.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Dedede skipped leg day big time

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Who needs leg day when you can spin around Columns.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

I know Zelda talk is over but I can say as someone currently more-than-knee-deep in the middle of it/sort of at the end I never had a problem with durability UNTIL they added silver enemies. What's that, enemies often with multiple elemental bows that all have quick shot and often take multiple RARE++ weapons to kill including a weapon the game literally tells you to only use in emergencies it's so OP (it's not), who on top of that seem to have added ability to ignore Stealth 3? Fun. Of course you can elemental or ancient arrow them but not only does that feel wasteful it kind of further kills the melee side of the game. I think it's the game tell you to stop caring about fort treasures (which have bad scaling anyway) and just beat the drat thing but they could've done it much better. Maybe not though because they did make Master Mode?

Still enjoying it a ton though! The same person that did the combat video I posted (they're doing a 3 heart gimmick run or something) posted a webm of this neat shrine skip sometime yesterday that's worth watching.

glam rock hamhock posted:

Yay! Beat another boss in Nioh without too much trouble. I was actually kind of surprised how easy he was, with the only deaths I have down to me loving up more than him being hard.

It did make me find out that the game was nice enough to make it so in the boss fight taking place in an on fire room, they made it so when you win the fire no longer hurts you, which was good because the boss died in the fire and dropped all his loot in there.
The crow guy is pretty good and readable although his alternate form does have a weird attack that's hard to read (also the grab is a bit teleport-y so he can get you if you literally dodge in back of him. Not the fly animation, the actual grab). As far as spamming cloud/explosives I'd take him over the frog guy any day of the week! I must've beaten the frog four times and still can't deal with those blind attacks and his weirdly long range/quick recovery.

codenameFANGIO posted:

It's its own little thing and while it does have a weird story/swerve it really just feels like a mostly empty tech demo for KF4. I wish there was some way to just package the ending and postgame (Kaiser Knuckle and Burn Edge :supaburn:) oddities into something palatable but there's just not. I feel the same way about the Evergrace (:wtc: at the Shadow Tower part of the first one) and most of the Lost Kingdoms series.

lets hang out posted:

when i emulate kings field 1 (us) it constantly swings hard between running way too fast and running way too slow and i can't tell if its the game or the emulator to blame
It's my understanding even very accurate emulators run it too fast but the game does not have a stable framerate on hardware either. Try Mednafen/RetroArch and compare it to a hardware run on YouTube to see if that's still the case (I believe it is).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
ActRaiser was an awesome game and ActRaiser 2 getting rid of the interesting part of it goes down as a real perplexing decision. For similar reasons, I dislike modern Rainbox Six.

• Locked thread