Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Amazing episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Paper Boi plays such a good straight man.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

'Paper Boi gets a haircut' is the best episode premise to air so far this year.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

"He had queef motor and his carburetor was jaundiced". New thread title and maybe the funniest thing I've heard in a long drat time on TV.

PotatoJudge posted:

An entire episode of Paperboi getting madder and madder!

I even laughed at this description. :roflolmao: Any other show on TV, you would read a synopsis of this episode and think it was the most boring thing ever.

Then you realize it's Atlanta and you have hope.

Then you realize your expectations are not only met, but vastly exceeded. This show is genius.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Hell yeah I want some Zaxby's.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Milo and POTUS posted:

I mean it's kitsch as loving hell but still kinda fun way to kill a normal non 3-day weekend and the surrounding area is stunning if you like nature stuff. When they said lodge I figured they meant the local state park but it's literally the first time I've ever seen places I've actually been to on TV

helen is garbage because on any holiday it just gets completely slammed with tourists for some reason, if you're going hiking it's a traffic black hole you need to stay away from which sucks because it's otherwise on the most direct way to get to hiawassee

a pretty good place to make earn feel awkward, the whole place is awkward

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Nah

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
helen is great if you like crowds of people on mobility scooters chain smoking cigarettes and scoping out novelty tshirts and fudge

the best way to see helen is as you float through town drunk as hell on a raft

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Well yeah.

e:back to the show I'm positive this was my favorite episode of the season and maybe the series as a whole

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Looks like the soundtrack was composed by Flying Lotus and Thundercat and isn't released anywhere.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I have not laughed that hard at a episode of tv in a long time.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

the existential anguish paperboi exhibits at the end, wondering if he made the right choice to change barbers is such a great capper to the episode. I would have expected donglover to be the king of facial expressions in this show, but paper boi's reaction game is on point and his non verbal acting may be the best.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Great episode. A1 first rtate.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I'm watching this episode for the second time today. I can't remember doing that ever before with any show.

The call back to the invisible car from last season was excellent.

E- the soundtrack as they drove to Bibbie's girlfriend's house had a modern Mister Rogers feel to it and now his truck feels like the Atlanta version of Mister Rogers' trolley transitioning between sets.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Mar 31, 2018

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Such a great ep. The end just sealed it too.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Surprised how few views this has

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4IqH_pWUrM

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Goddamn the good old 'hectic friend/acquaintance drags you around town on some bullshit' is drat near anxiety inducing, but there were some really good parts.

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Rocco sez: Oh man, what a bummer. Woof.

Bibby needs his own show

eclectic taste
Jun 5, 2004

Future Schmidt

Mr. Clark2 posted:

Bibby needs his own show

Bibby is a character best experienced in small doses. Too much would be like Raffi in The League.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

This show is drat good.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Bibby reminded me of a co-worker of mine, and it was so triggering. All I wanted was for Alfred to smack the poo poo out of him.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

yes!

quote:

FX has announced that the next episode of “Atlanta” will run uninterrupted—with no commercial breaks—for 41 minutes. Directed by Hiro Murai and written by Donald Glover, the episode is titled “Teddy Perkins” and will air tomorrow night (Thursday, April 5) at 10 p.m. Eastern. In a press release, its description reads: “Darius is trippin in this one. Y’all know I woulda been left.” A standard episode of the show usually runs 23-30 minutes long.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

I was wondering what would be better than an episode of Alfred getting madder and madder.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Sometimes during my day I still think about the cut away to Earn and Van in the limo and the long awkward silence followed by:

" It's Michael Vick."

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Who is creepy man?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

CBJSprague24 posted:

Who is creepy man?

Theodore Perkins.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

God damnit, now I want three Krystal Chiks and some fries and the nearest is several hundred miles away and won't be able to get any until June. :(

e- Is...is that a taxidermied per---yes, yes it is.

e2- I want to go on Bibb and 'fred's Excellent Adventure again, can we go on that again instead? :(

Also, that's two episodes in a row with minimal Earn. Is Don Glover working on something else?

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Apr 6, 2018

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Fuuuuuuuck

And lol at the episode description "Darrius is trippin".

Edit:

Teddy Perkins as himself

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
That was uh...hmm.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Both the roomie and I are trying to figure out what the gently caress we just watched

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
My mom thinks that Teddy was Donald Glover

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

Dangerous Person posted:

My mom thinks that Teddy was Donald Glover

No, the credits said he played himself.He was.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Yeah, I could see it after she said it. Did a hell of a job with that make up

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I watched the whole thing and didn't realize there were no commercial breaks

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Not sure if I was high enough for that episode.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Definitely going to have nightmares

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

Whatdahell just happened?

Im also tripping

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
I don’t know if I liked that episode at all.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
What in the gently caress was that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

At the end of the episode, Darius drives his Uhaul forwards. If the Rolls was blocking him from putting the piano in earlier, why not just drive the Uhaul forwards ten feet, put the piano in and then leave?

• Locked thread