Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

new kind of cat posted:

lol i saw the image before the edit and wondered how the heck Lara, Xon, and a non-maxed Zidane managed to crush the trials, but this makes more sense.

4*+ ticket from Siren finally delivered the Lotus Fina I’ve been chasing. I assume I can officially retire Ayala now or are there cases where I’d want one over the other? Honestly I haven’t been in dire need of healing with Ramza singing away but I appreciate the options.

Think I’m gonna put off Ifrit until I finish farming an ice katana.

Yeah I put together a farming team for crystal chambers and then decided no that is way too much effort, then forgot which one I had in my clipboard. :)

Ayaka is around for stop resist/cure/prevention, honestly the two are so similar I wouldn't have recommended chasing Fina anyway. Ayaka is just as good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Cartoon Man posted:

https://brave-exvius.com/threads/all-esper-skill-grid-guide-updated-all-3-esper-except-titan.10798/

Builds are there.

That’s as far as I could get at level 26. Had to pay the 100 Lapis fee to reset the board, but that’s worth it. Get beastkiller + first, then go for plantkiller +.

Those builds are a little hard to read? All colored-in ones are recommended? The text below seems a little wishywashy, and some uncolored ones have a symbol at the end of the path?

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

I did ifrit with doggo, olif, healer, ramza, 2x orlando.

No particular resist, elemental, or killer gear. Never in any real danger - though doggo would eat it from a debuffed hellfire and needed reraise. Maybe 5 rounds.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
Hey guys, kind of sort of super loving important but Supercites are a big deal, and Gumi has blessed us with an expedition that hands them out at a pretty ridiculous rate that puts JP's chocobo expedition stuff to shame.

Take home message? YOU SHOULD ALWAYS HAVE A SUPERCITE EXPEDITION RUNNING.

Supercites give 24k xp to your esper. For reference, Megacites give 1.2k and regular colored Magicite give 0.6k. So, 1 Super = 20 Mega = 40 colored Magi.

This new expedition gives a whopping 6 Supercites minimum: 3 Blue and 3 Red. You get another 5 7 of each for Amazing results! And it's a loving B-rank expedition too so it's piss-easy to cap out at 100%! Good lord!!

Those hundreds of Megacites and Magicites you've been collecting? You can now basically get that on the side in like a loving week with this new expedition. And you will loving need to in order to max 3* Espers in anything resembling a timely manner.

Also exciting to note, the Chamber of Crystals is now a round-the-clock chamber rather than a weekend vortex thing. This means two things: You can now farm the Blue & Red PRO for more supercites pretty much anytime (bring Xons/Laras/Dogs for more drops...?), and also that we'll probably be getting a new Weekend vortex thing.

Office Thug fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Apr 6, 2018

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

New missions available too. 100 Lapis reward each. Dont know what the drop rate on the pro level is, I assume it’s better? Does Xon and crew affect it? (Probably not...)

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
I’m kind of glad I have tons and tons of advance tokens. Going to burn through a bunch of those expeditions tomorrow and see what happens. At least I’ll get some good progress in on ADV5 #3.

The expedition system is really starting to take off in comparison to JP’s chocobo system. I’m probably going to stock up on king cactuars this weekend in the hopes that we finally get the update where we can fuse them. We’re overdue for that.

I’m just hoping they’re not holding off the QoL and UI tweaks for the anniversary. Last year’s anniversary was already a cluster of connection errors just because of the volume of players.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

New missions available too. 100 Lapis reward each. Dont know what the drop rate on the pro level is, I assume it’s better? Does Xon and crew affect it? (Probably not...)

Who knows. Just bring Pods/Xons+Laras/GR Cape(s) anyways. The Chamber drop mechanics are incredibly dumb and obtuse for no reason but we do sort-of-kind-of know that drop rate boosts affect drops, maybe. Just bring your farm team in case it helps.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

Oooooof, used that last 5K lapis and remaining tickets. Three more Wadows, one rainbow! ... it was jiraiya, my second jiraiya. I don't think the 7* is well-regarded. The TMR is generally looked at as a poo poo version of Noctis' but fwiw I still get use out of the one I have, +30%/30% with 10% dodge in an accessory slot is not terrible even if it isn't up to the ROL standard of being real real OP

CG Fina, it was not to be. I tried everything I could. I think that's the last time I will even think about chasing a specific unit in this game. It's only ever worked out once for me, and that was fluke luck that took no resources beyond a 10+1 when it happened - every time I've gone for one specifically since, no dice. Since then, best pulls have been either off-banner for the most part, with some cool exceptions as RNG has allowed from dailies. Never have been able to chase a specific on-banner rainbow successfully after Trance Terra back when I started.

Agreed fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Apr 5, 2018

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Agreed posted:

Oooooof, used that last 5K lapis and remaining tickets. Three more Wadows, one rainbow! ... it was jiraiya, my second jiraiya. I don't think the 7* is well-regarded. The TMR is generally looked at as a poo poo version of Noctis' but fwiw I still get use out of the one I have, +30%/30% with 10% dodge in an accessory slot is not terrible even if it isn't up to the ROL standard of being real real OP

CG Fina, it was not to be. I tried everything I could. I think that's the last time I will even think about chasing a specific unit in this game. It's only ever worked out once for me, and that was fluke luck that took no resources or commitments. Since then, best pulls have been off-banner for the most part, with some cool exceptions as RNG has allowed from dailies.

I threw one final ticket from the petal thingy at get banner and got bediled. Although I was actually hoping for lazercatte #2 because I've read sure has a baller 7*.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
205% Fire Resist Basch and 100% Evade Wilhelm (incidentally, thanks Cyan Evade TMR that allowed this to be possible) makes Ifrit very amusing.

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare
I think my A Team and supporting cast might be a bit overtuned. In the last week I've completed Aigaion, Malboro, Moose, Sheratan, Elnath, 3* Siren and 3* Ifrit. Most of those took only one try, although I still have to go back and get the magic kill missions Malboro and Elnath.

Not sure what to TMR farm any more, I don't have any content left to aim for!

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

AegisP posted:

205% Fire Resist Basch and 100% Evade Wilhelm (incidentally, thanks Cyan Evade TMR that allowed this to be possible) makes Ifrit very amusing.

100% evade Fire veritas is fun. Its not even super slow, since he can stack so much beast killer. put him up as a friend unit if anyone wants to murder ifrit.

give a unit with hide shiva and spam normal attacks until the bar is filled (for better results, make your other party members chainers in hopes they can get a few drops turn 1 before dying, to speed it up.)
after shiva is summoned cycle inspire > full heavystomp/heavy stomp 3 times , then let mp refill from holy counters and do it again.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

new kind of cat posted:

lol i saw the image before the edit and wondered how the heck Lara, Xon, and a non-maxed Zidane managed to crush the trials, but this makes more sense.

4*+ ticket from Siren finally delivered the Lotus Fina I’ve been chasing. I assume I can officially retire Ayala now or are there cases where I’d want one over the other? Honestly I haven’t been in dire need of healing with Ramza singing away but I appreciate the options.

Think I’m gonna put off Ifrit until I finish farming an ice katana.

Ayaka is a better dedicated healer than Fina, Fina trades some healer usefulness for damage-dealing capability. Japan rates Ayaka slightly higher for their 7* forms though.

If I had gotten Ayaka on her banner I wouldn't have chased Fina (instead O got Ayak with an EX ticket during Fina's banner :v:).

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Evil Fluffy posted:

Ayaka is a better dedicated healer than Fina, Fina trades some healer usefulness for damage-dealing capability. Japan rates Ayaka slightly higher for their 7* forms though.

If I had gotten Ayaka on her banner I wouldn't have chased Fina (instead O got Ayak with an EX ticket during Fina's banner :v:).

Eh... Kinda. The stop thing and her LB are the only major differences.

Both have:

Curaja, Dispelga, Esunaga, Full-Life, Reraise (80%) and Libra for White Magic.

Heal + cure status ailments, AoE full-life for abilities

What Ayaka has but Fina doesn't:
Meditate (45% mag/spr)
Stop Detach
Dedication (2500 hp/50 mp flat recovery)
(High regen - Ayaka just has a strictly worse version)

What Fina has (ignoring damage abilities):

Entrust
High regen which also generates LB crystals
More turn-efficient mana battery ability
45% resist all elements (attached to a dramatically better Atk/Def boost)

Ayaka definitely gets a better 7* bump than Fina

Wyrmthang
Nov 30, 2014

As dry as it gets!
Say, does anyone have a unit they could share (once the Ifrit and Siren rush dies down) that could help me with the Macalania Woods ELT map? Sadly my kitties are not up to snuff yet and those ELT Chimera just smoke me and any friends I have with me. I know that sounds so pathetic saying it out loud, but here I am desperate for some weapons to get a start on things.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Wyrmthang posted:

Say, does anyone have a unit they could share (once the Ifrit and Siren rush dies down) that could help me with the Macalania Woods ELT map? Sadly my kitties are not up to snuff yet and those ELT Chimera just smoke me and any friends I have with me. I know that sounds so pathetic saying it out loud, but here I am desperate for some weapons to get a start on things.

If they're normal encounters bring a unit with escape, you should be able to just avoid them then.

Hope they fixed Spherimorph because I remember it was bugged to hell the first time we got this event.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

Wyrmthang posted:

I sent you a request with an evasion Noctis w/ Pure White Blessing. I'm assuming you're seeking out the Chimera to farm butterfly powder? You can break its MAG with Thunder Flask, then hopefully the PWB, counter-heals, or point-warping will be enough to survive.

They say Spherimorph is no longer bugged, so just make sure not to use any elemental attacks against it.

PDQ Law fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Apr 6, 2018

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

Tengames posted:

100% evade Fire veritas is fun. Its not even super slow, since he can stack so much beast killer. put him up as a friend unit if anyone wants to murder ifrit.

give a unit with hide shiva and spam normal attacks until the bar is filled (for better results, make your other party members chainers in hopes they can get a few drops turn 1 before dying, to speed it up.)
after shiva is summoned cycle inspire > full heavystomp/heavy stomp 3 times , then let mp refill from holy counters and do it again.

Added you to give this a go.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Office Thug posted:

This new expedition gives a whopping 6 Supercites minimum: 3 Blue and 3 Red. You get another 5 of each for Great/Amazing results! And it's a loving B-rank expedition too so it's piss-easy to cap out at 100%! Good lord!!

This is wrong.

I just got an extra 7 red and 7 blue Supercite for an Amazing Success, not 5. :chord:

e: I used Tengames' VoF for Ifrit because I didn't want to swap around gear to make a proper team for it. Worked like a charm. Xon used Shiva after a few dozen turns of hiding, and round 1 I used dual shantottos and orlandu for a big chain to build summon gauge.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Apr 6, 2018

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Tengames posted:

Thanks!

One of these days I'll have enough TMRs to make something besides a 100% Physical Evade Lightning/Fohlen and be able to help out more...

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
You'd think by now they'd stop making the end of these story events loving tedious but they're only making them worse.

Do they not get feedback about this?

Wyrmthang
Nov 30, 2014

As dry as it gets!
PDQ, you are my savior. I was trying to finish the ELT stage and couldn't beat either the Sphere or the Chimeras, you let me do both. Thank you very very much.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Dumped all my tickets and an 11-pull chasing Yuna because I love her. Final results:

14 Wakkas
6 Seymours
1 Lulu
1 BS Sakura #2

...I'll take it!

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Yea Wakka is the trap unit on this one since he is one 2 banners. Just like Gilbert was a few banners back.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

After getting nothing but poo poo from all of the 30M Tickets, my Daily Freebie was Cloud #2.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I put up my Seymour for grinding purposes, he'll level up to be decent pretty soon, not on the other hand, I've been easily oneshotting everything with Twolandeu and wimpy Wakkas and Seymours through ELT.

I expect it's too soon for a consensus on which Gagazet level to go for, especially with the Cactaur Dunes going on... but like I said, ELT can easily be done with two decent chainers carrying all your Wakkas.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

This is wrong.

I just got an extra 7 red and 7 blue Supercite for an Amazing Success, not 5. :chord:

:stare: Ok! I'm glad I'm wrong though, holy poo poo

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
I got my Seymour capable of soloing ELT (one shot all encounters with dual cast Thundaga) if you have someone that can at least do a 30% aoe spr break on the last encounter (I'm just using chaos grenade on another Seymour).

He's got Man Eater+ materia and Ifrit with Beast Killer+, and kitted out with pretty great caster gear.

I'll put him up as my friend unit even though I know most of you probably wanna take 100% bonus only, but again if you need a carry for ELT then he should be fine.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

arisu posted:

I got my Seymour capable of soloing ELT (one shot all encounters with dual cast Thundaga) if you have someone that can at least do a 30% aoe spr break on the last encounter (I'm just using chaos grenade on another Seymour).

He's got Man Eater+ materia and Ifrit with Beast Killer+, and kitted out with pretty great caster gear.

I'll put him up as my friend unit even though I know most of you probably wanna take 100% bonus only, but again if you need a carry for ELT then he should be fine.

Most people aren't gonna get a 100% bonus character. Every bit helps.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Yeah, 75% bonus carry is still nice. I’ll have to mess with that - didn’t realize he got quite that strong. I usually just farm LGD anyway but if I can do a full bonus group on ELT then why not, I guess.

LGD is pretty tough this time around thanks to the boss fight being 2 guys. Thankfully my newly minted world destroyer materia helps and bahamut doesn’t care about the unit’s level or stats and easily locks in a kill every time. Still have to bring 2x OK to one-shot rounds 1-4.

And I did manage to get 4 Seymours. So now I can stack up evo mags without sacrificing hp on my summoners (which is currently just Garnet actually).

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
I can confirm a Reddit post that an evasion Noctis with around 1k ATK can beat the last stage of LGD. Use the trash mobs to build LB gauge then have a unit escape. At the last stage, use the LB on Yenke Ronso on bottom, then kill him next turn with a point-blank warp strike. Biran Ronso goes berserk, doing only physical attacks that Noctis can evade until victory.

I switched my Noctis to 3* Ifrit with the two beast-killers for this.

The best I pulled was 1 Seymour, so for now I'm leaving up Noctis for anyone who wants to grind LGD or who needs help to get the missions done. Just bring a unit with hide and escape, and Noctis should do the rest.

Edit: Doing the Item limit mission means you can't use smoke bombs to escape.

PDQ Law fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Apr 6, 2018

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Friendly reminder that you can use the "Escape" ability to skip all the trash encounters before the boss encounter. The trash enemies only drop 1 primer each, so you won't be missing much. Just make sure you don't accidentally Escape from bonus encounters!

You can get Escape from Paul (friend unit) or Germinas' Boots (Flamering Vault reward).

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Picked up the bundles, used them for a 5k pull which gave me a double rainbow of Lulu and Merc Ramza #2. Buying the bundles bumped me into a 5* whale ticket which gave me Basch #1. Spent 5 4* tickets to get some Seymours as I didn't get a single gold on the 10+1 pull and got Lulu #2 and #3.

No Seymours, but 3 Lulus. I guess that's better!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Tengames posted:

It took me about 70-75 turns, but I got him. Jerk didn't want to drop Summon Orbs at first, but I eventually got my guage filled.

Thanks!

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

1/2 pull Yuna today, that's entirely unexpected.

Looks like I can keep saving tickets for Squall.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Japan is getting CG Folka next, a water based healer with imperils and split mitigations w abilities. She also has def/spr break resitances and top tier MP recovery at the cost of limit break consumption. Could be pretty good but all 7* healers (except eiko) are pretty good already.

More importantly 20 anniversary xenogears raid out of loving nowhere

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

More importantly 20 anniversary xenogears raid out of loving nowhere

What the gently caress

Goddamn I love the first disc of Xenogears

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
I tried the escape trick 100% evasion Tidus, seems to work!

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

Just used a 5ex ticket and pulled a Marie.

Other than her TM is she worth leveling at this point? I’ve already beaten Marlboro and all the other trials so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

fullTimeLurker posted:

Just used a 5ex ticket and pulled a Marie.

Other than her TM is she worth leveling at this point? I’ve already beaten Marlboro and all the other trials so far.

Marie is cool and good, but if you don't need her you don't need her? Her reflect stacks with Carbuncle so it's pretty nasty for trials too

• Locked thread