Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlMightyBawb
Jun 1, 2009
Any good LPs for Little Big Adventure 1/2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I remember some time ago sombody was making a really funny video lets play of Little big adventure. Then all of a sudden on the last video, they skipped ahead, called it challenge run (or somthing like that), did a bunch of indecipherable nonsense and that was it. They never finished it or even posted anything ever again as far as I'm aware. I wish I knew where to find it now, but I don't know for certain if it was ever uploaded onto youtube or just some long dead video service like viddler.

Edit: This may have been the channel I was thinking of. https://www.youtube.com/user/Kjoery/videos

Tombot fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Mar 26, 2018

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Any LPs of Tacoma with a bunch of commentary in the thread? I'm less interested in the LP itself than the discussion around the game. I just played it this past weekend and want to see what other goons thought.

HowlingGod
Mar 27, 2016
Is there a good Alpha Protocol LP besides Threadbare’s?

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

is there a good informative/chill stream/lp for the new friday the 13th game?

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Sociopastry posted:

is there a good informative/chill stream/lp for the new friday the 13th game?

Sadly, not any Goons. There's Stoiker Kalei but he seems to have moved on from Friday recently,unfortunately.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

IGgy IGsen is doing an LP of Celeste that's worth watching.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

ultrafilter posted:

IGgy IGsen is doing an LP of Celeste that's worth watching.

This breaks rules 2 and 5 of this thread, but I'll second the recommendation anyway. The game is expertly crafted and presented, and so far the LP does it the service of letting it do its thing, while still hitting all the cool bonus content and keeping a good video pace. IGgy's even been peer pressured into ending each video with a speedrun of what he just played, which is a neat addition.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Fiendly posted:

This breaks rules 2 and 5 of this thread, but I'll second the recommendation anyway.

ha, it's fine. the OP is four years old and is probably due for an update.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
Eh, they're still pretty good posting guidelines, though they could be reworded for readability and a less accusatory tone. A better OP would assume people are here to ask for recommendations specific to their interests, since hardly anyone comes here to promote threads they like anymore. I wouldn't mind being able to mention my own LPs when they meet the criteria people are looking for since no one else is ever going to, but coming here just to self-promote is still useless posting due to the obvious bias at play.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

VolticSurge posted:

Sadly, not any Goons. There's Stoiker Kalei but he seems to have moved on from Friday recently,unfortunately.

Thank you for this, I'm devouring his videos.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Blind Sally posted:

ha, it's fine. the OP is four years old and is probably due for an update.

:siren::siren::siren:BIG NEWS EVERYONE!!!:siren::siren::siren:

We've been meaning to do this for a while now but we've finally gotten around to it. We've officially loosened the restrictions on "self-promotion" for this thread:

quote:

Do not recommend/plug your thread or one that you are guesting in unprompted. This is probatable, bear in mind. This is not the self-promotion thread. However, if someone puts in a recommendation request for an LP and you sincerely believe that an LP you've done or are working on would fit the bill for it, you are free to suggest it. Abuse of this loophole will result in a probation, however.

So, for example, if someone posts "Hey, are there any Dead Space 3 LPs out there?" and you've done an LP of Dead Space 3 and somehow no one mentions it, you're now free to post "Hey, I did an LP of Dead Space 3" and we mods will be cool with it. BUT if you just randomly post "Hey, check out my Dead Space 3 LP," we will probate your rear end. Same goes if you plug your LP apropos of nothing relevant to the request you're replying to or just spam your stuff for every request that crops up.

But no one here would do anything like that, right? ...Riiiight?

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
Thanks for this. There have been times when I had to ask someone to mention one of my LPs that was a perfect fit for the request, and I was rapidly running out of friends.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Nidoking posted:

Thanks for this. There have been times when I had to ask someone to mention one of my LPs that was a perfect fit for the request, and I was rapidly running out of friends.

:sympathy:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Nidoking posted:

I've been in the same boat, believe me. Honestly that rule was like three years overdue to be changed or should have had the exemption built into it to begin with, but I'm not gonna argue with Geop postfacto.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

nine-gear crow posted:

I've been in the same boat, believe me. Honestly that rule was like three years overdue to be changed or should have had the exemption built into it to begin with, but I'm not gonna argue with Geop postfacto.

It made sense at the time. Fortunately we now live in a kinder LP subforum.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I'm glad someone recommending my LP led to this subforum entering a new golden age.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

StrixNebulosa posted:

It made sense at the time. Fortunately we now live in a kinder LP subforum.

Yeah, the LP subforum used to be a lot worse, and filled with people with pretty big egos. It's died down, for the most part, at least.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I am big, it's the LPs that got small

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Does anyone have a good LP of Stellaris

edit: sorry, should have specified: completed or close to completed.

FluxFaun fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Apr 6, 2018

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
This subforum is pretty awesome and I like posting here because of the people that inhabit it. Just saying, you're all great.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I do think if someone says "are there any good lp's of X ?" people should be able to say "I did/am currently doing an lp of X ." And provide a link to either a thread or youtube channel.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB

Skwirl posted:

Any decent Horizon: Zero Dawn playthroughs?

malkav11 posted:

I found https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTcoRMwrX2Dihqq1gtbR_LcjDN7p4op90
sufferable. No facecam, grinding edited out, etc. I'd still like to see an in-depth take though, ideally an SA one, because he doesn't really dig into the collectible lore which is a big part of the game's story.

Not SA but this A German Spy playthrough is very thorough. He worked on the strategy guide and is very knowledgeable about the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgWrHsgGdLk&list=PL_ftpUY_ldBQtP6K6c8PQuo5e94FBAZkx

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Sociopastry posted:

Does anyone have a good LP of Stellaris

edit: sorry, should have specified: completed or close to completed.

Outside of SA, but I enjoyed Many a True Nerd's pre-2.0 run. The link is for the heavily-edited version, although the entire livestream is available. He's doing another one post 2.0.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Skwirl posted:

I do think if someone says "are there any good lp's of X ?" people should be able to say "I did/am currently doing an lp of X ." And provide a link to either a thread or youtube channel.

To clarify, that's what the loosening of the rule is going to allow. But goodness, I'd recommend waiting a bit at least! It always feels good when someone else recommends your LP--if it doesn't get brought up, then of course mention it.

It's the apropos of nothing and spamming self-promotion things we will continue to enforce, as crow said.

Sally fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Apr 7, 2018

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Yeah this has been needed for a while. It does feel good when people recommend your stuff, but I’ve noticed that tastes don’t get updated frequently around here; the “best lp” standards are largely the same ones they were years ago and since content creators aren’t able to talk about their own work there’s not a lot of pressure for that to change. Great rule update, y’all, thanks.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Speaking of reccing LPs, y'all should watch REPUBLIQUE by Fedule. It's an insanely good LP of a fascinating stealth adventure, and I look forward to devouring an episode every week!

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Dr. Fetus posted:

Yeah, the LP subforum used to be a lot worse, and filled with people with pretty big egos. It's died down, for the most part, at least.
So I heard people in here were clamoring for LPers with a big ego, and boy do I have a recommendation for y'all...

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Simply Simon posted:

So I heard people in here were clamoring for LPers with a big ego, and boy do I have a recommendation for y'all...

Man, I would love to see PewDiePie try to run an LP here. Emphasis on "try".

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

He's probably content with the several million viewers he's already got without worrying about the couple thousand extra he might be able to pick up here.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Skwirl posted:

He's probably content with the several million viewers he's already got without worrying about the couple thousand extra he might be able to pick up here.

His popularity might be waning. You see, in the past, he was getting 50,000 new subscribers a day. Now it seems he only gets a mere 30,000 a day. https://socialblade.com/youtube/user/pewdiepie the end is nigh and indeed Pewds will inevitably need the viewership of the 400 people who visit SA to support his lifestyle.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

judge reinhold posted:

His popularity might be waning. You see, in the past, he was getting 50,000 new subscribers a day. Now it seems he only gets a mere 30,000 a day. https://socialblade.com/youtube/user/pewdiepie the end is nigh and indeed Pewds will inevitably need the viewership of the 400 people who visit SA to support his lifestyle.

Jesus gently caress, 17 million views on a daily basis, that's more than almost any tv show that isn't championship level sports.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Glad this rule change was made, cause there were a number of requests where my stuff would fit the bill, but all I could do was cross my fingers and hope someone would mention it.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

I recall his Shadow of the Colossus LP actually being rather good, featuring a nice exploration of the environment as well as lesser known details, like grabbing the birds or hunting the lizards. He genuinely can do a good LP when he isn't sticking to his tiresome shtick.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

I recall his Shadow of the Colossus LP actually being rather good, featuring a nice exploration of the environment as well as lesser known details, like grabbing the birds or hunting the lizards. He genuinely can do a good LP when he isn't sticking to his tiresome shtick.

Yeah, you don't get that kind of viewership without understanding at least some aspects of showmanship and production and so on. His approach is just kind of diametrically opposed to the SA approach.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Has somebody done a facecammed LP where their face is the main window and the game is stuffed into one of the corners?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

John Murdoch posted:

Has somebody done a facecammed LP where their face is the main window and the game is stuffed into one of the corners?

Kizuna Ai

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Yeah, you don't get that kind of viewership without understanding at least some aspects of showmanship and production and so on. His approach is just kind of diametrically opposed to the SA approach.

It's such a shame too because before Amnesia, and a little after it, you can tell he wanted to break out of that and do more serious stuff, but his viewership very much disliked it.

John Murdoch posted:

Isn't this the React channel basically?

Anyhow, going to leave a real recommendation here for a channel I've been enjoying: Tehsnakerer. His videos are strange, usually around an hour long going through a full game and all of its beats in what I find to be the perfect mix of critique and LP, giving enough of the game to not waste your time yet also mostly sate your desire to play it while going in depth on the critique. This is my favourite of his, looking at an obscure game called Boiling Point, the predecessor to the notorious Xenus 2 White Gold and Precursors.

pofcorn
May 30, 2011

John Murdoch posted:

Dunno if it's kosher in this thread, but Gamegrumps did an LP of Skyward Sword where it's just them on a couch and they don't show the game at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

What? How does that even qualify as an LP at that point?