Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Memento posted:

It's taxable income, yes. It's up to the person to report it but if they don't the IRS has an employee they refer to in hushed tones as "The Online Money rear end-Reaper" and well, what that employee does is really all in the name.

https://twitter.com/ChaseMit/status/982015520558870528

but she did, 60 minutes just wouldn't air it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

MizPiz posted:

Lol if it took you this long to figure out how backwards Japan is

Lmao if you think this is the first in my long list of complaints about this country

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

The real winner in the story is who doxxed the guy, it was Paul Nehlan, the crazy motherfucker running for Paul Ryan's seat. Which got Paul Nehlan banned from Gab.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/982088421224124416

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

"Flyover culture" is such a loving oxymoronic self burn that I really, really want it to be a satire that's shared ironically. There are layers to it!

Just like the Onion.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

orange sky posted:

Do you pay taxes on patreon and GoFundMe? Cause if not a)it's a crazy good money laundering site and b) you can invest to get a campaign going and get visibility and get more out of other people

I bet there's rampant money laundering on patreon, get a prepaid card or something, create a fake account, deposit 50 bucks and just distribute through your different fake pages

Ok didn't think this through, the pages couldn't be fake. It had to be someone that could withdraw the money to their account and justify having.. 50k or whatever

I've been wondering, can you contribute to someone's Patreon with a prepaid Visa or whatever?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

What movies and shows are they talking about?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Right-wing shitheads are trying to claim Black Panther is a MAGA movie.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

The Rosanne reboot is apparently pretty pro-Trump

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Cythereal posted:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

You can read Wakandan isolationism as the same thing Trump wants to do with The Wall. This, of course, ignores the fact that isolationism is presented as a bad idea by the end of the film.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cythereal posted:

it says CHRISTIAN. They are absolutely talking about a God's Not Dead or something.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Did someone post about #misandryinpublishing? Because it's quite a ride:

https://twitter.com/CarrieCuinn/status/982001600431558657

Spoiler alert: that hashtag did not age well for him. :munch:

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Did someone post about #misandryinpublishing? Because it's quite a ride:

https://twitter.com/CarrieCuinn/status/982001600431558657

Spoiler alert: that hashtag did not age well for him. :munch:

That is amazing.

https://twitter.com/justinaireland/status/981993423648579585

https://twitter.com/MeredithIreland/status/982012172845928453

https://twitter.com/geardrops/status/981992880829972485

Midnight Voyager posted:

it says CHRISTIAN. They are absolutely talking about a God's Not Dead or something.

That movie was hella metal. Atheist is Atheist due to personal demons. Priest convert the Atheist to Christianity and then god strikes the Atheist dead. That's some Norse religion levels of god fuckery right there.

The second movie is uhhh

quote:

Former left-wing blogger Amy Ryan goes to the hospital to check in on her cancer, only to find that it has miraculously vanished. She talks to Michael Tait of the Newsboys, who encourages her, stating that with faith, prayers can be answered. Amy ponders this, and later makes her blog a diary about her adventures with God.

Stuff you should watch a drunken evening with friends for the spectacle alone.

Katt has a new favorite as of 06:33 on Apr 6, 2018

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Katt posted:

That movie was hella metal. Atheist is Atheist due to personal demons. Priest convert the Atheist to Christianity and then god strikes the Atheist dead. That's some Norse religion levels of god fuckery right there.

A third one just came out. I assume it's the one they mean.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Midnight Voyager posted:

A quick search pulls up the movie "I Can Only Imagine" which is about the lead singer of the Christian rock group MercyMe. It opened third in the box office on Mar 18, behind Black Panther and Tomb Raider. Since then, a movie about the apostle John and the third(!) God's Not Dead movie have come out, but I don't know their standings.

It's kind of typical for a right-wing meme group to claim that the uptick in faith-based movies would be because "Deplorables took a stand" (remember, people calling themselves that are pretty much 100% at odds with the teachings of Christ) instead of, I don't know, Easter.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Midnight Voyager posted:

A third one just came out. I assume it's the one they mean.

I'm not surprised. These movies bring in a fair amount of cash on a low budget regardless of quality.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Yawgmoth posted:

Every time I see freep I have to remember that it's likely referencing free republic and not the detroit free press, whose website is https://www.freep.com

I have that problem constantly. No matter how many times I drive past that billboard... I've mentioned it in here, I think.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

LawfulWaffle posted:

A quick search pulls up the movie "I Can Only Imagine" which is about the lead singer of the Christian rock group MercyMe. It opened third in the box office on Mar 18, behind Black Panther and Tomb Raider. Since then, a movie about the apostle John and the third(!) God's Not Dead movie have come out, but I don't know their standings.

It's kind of typical for a right-wing meme group to claim that the uptick in faith-based movies would be because "Deplorables took a stand" (remember, people calling themselves that are pretty much 100% at odds with the teachings of Christ) instead of, I don't know, Easter.

Oh you know, regressives buying out all the tickets to inflate sales. It's just like how regressive books are bought by the pallet and then given out.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

All of the Ghost series was available on Baen's webhost at one point.

Aside from the rapes, the rampant jingoism, and the inability to understand basic boundaries around women (but I repeat myself, sadlol), dude had a scene where he loaded snake eaters into the rotary launcher of a B2 and then not only had them HALO into a scene where ayrabs were raping our white women but then the protagonist also had sex with one of said women.

I am not exaggerating at all, the actual description involves flaying and I left that out.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/classiclib3ral/status/982050999996166144?s=19

Torchlighter
Jan 15, 2012

I Got Kids. I need this.
https://imgur.com/gallery/kIR5S
:rolleyes::fh:

Aix
Jul 6, 2006
$10
https://twitter.com/nepalmeme/status/982139942435405824?s=21

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

If you don't love me at my Yak then you don't deserve me at my dumplings?

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I think Nepalese dumplings are called momo but I still don't get the joke.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

LawfulWaffle posted:

I think Nepalese dumplings are called momo but I still don't get the joke.

That is a Water Buffalo and those are Momo. The joke being Water Buffalo's are incredibly dangerous and Momo's are made from minced Water Buffalo.

Edit, it might be a Yak as they use Yak's in Momo's more than other places. You'd need an cow identifier to work it out. It's still the same joke really, Buff Momo's (or Yak) good

Aramoro has a new favorite as of 11:55 on Apr 6, 2018

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I still don't get it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

If you don't like the animal the food is made of, you don't get to enjoy the food. It's really not complicated people.

I'm not going to claim that it's funny either, but the meme is simple.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
It's not complicated because it doesn't make much sense. If you don't like yak, you're not going to like yak dumplings. Cool. What does that mean? Do the yak and the dumplings represent something? Is it just a reminder that you're not going to like someone you already hate just because they're dressed up nice and...cooked til hot and fluffy?

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

fizzymercy posted:

It's not complicated because it doesn't make much sense. If you don't like yak, you're not going to like yak dumplings. Cool. What does that mean? Do the yak and the dumplings represent something? Is it just a reminder that you're not going to like someone you already hate just because they're dressed up nice and...cooked til hot and fluffy?

:goonsay:

I have to assume you're joking now or something because no one is that stupid. To so thoroughly misunderstand the phase 'If you don't love me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best.' to the point where you type something like that...

Here, have Vogue explain the meme to you

https://www.vogue.com/article/if-you-dont-love-me-at-my-meme-best-of-funniest

Aramoro has a new favorite as of 15:22 on Apr 6, 2018

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

It's a meme going around on twitter now to take that phrase and substitute things for humorous effect.

E: f,b

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

you guys are truly memelords

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

What's all this racket son

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

zoux posted:

What's all this racket son

What the hell are braincels? People who think they’re too smart to get laid?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Henchman of Santa posted:

honestly more like too depressed

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Bra incels. Manboobs.

Nah, it's that Reddit nuked r/incels and this was their hilariously witty rebranding.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Henchman of Santa posted:

I think that when /r/incels was banned, shut-ins created /r/braincels as a gathering spot.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
They should probably stop being introverted and quit having anxiety about stuff.

I'm sure they've never tried that.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Aramek posted:

They should probably stop being introverted and quit having anxiety about stuff.

I'm sure they've never tried that.

"Have you ever tried not having a mental illness?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Besesoth posted:

"Have you ever tried not having a mental illness?"

Part of working through a mental illness is you know testing your boundaries and finding what you can actually do, not just what your brain tells you you can do. Incels are just a support community that agrees that you don't need to do that and your chronic brain problems are just fine as is. Getting out and working through anxiety would actually do these guys a world of good!