Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Jerkface posted:

the new mode has no healing or chokes and half the time there are not even shotguns spawning only boxes of 30 random ammo and useless attachments

1 star

Tequila Sunrise is hilariously fun and I'm sad they brought meds into it.

My squad won our second game in it with all of us left alive.

Neutrino posted:

Yep, those shmucks that stand still trying to kill me with a piddly shotgun as I bear down on them with a ton of steel don't stand a chance.

Or I shoot you out of your moving car. I did that in one round and my buddy did it in another.

Riot Carol Danvers fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Apr 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

The Mash posted:

The best weapon in the shotgun event is a car

Yeah, every round has been me urging my team to fight for vehicle spawns.

I did machete some idiot that couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a shotgun, also punched some guy to death because he was bad (my teammate also hit him with the shotgun a few times).

It's been pretty fun, I dropped into pecado with my squad and there were probably 40 people that dropped there too, 2 of us didn't have guns but we had a lot of healing so soaked some hits (this is also when I punched some dude to death), I think we killed 10-12 people before I finally died, my teammates were alive for 5+ minutes longer before I left to join another game.

MF_James fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Apr 6, 2018

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Winchester, revolvers, and molotovs next week pls

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
let's take a look at the PUBG subreddit

quote:

It's possible to swap old PUBG *.exe file to prevent frequent encryption updates for cheat developers.
oh my god bluehole the gently caress are you doing

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Tequila Sunrise is hilariously fun and I'm sad they brought meds into it.

My squad won our second game in it with all of us left alive.

Or I shoot you out of your moving car. I did that in one round and my buddy did it in another.

Both of these are correct takes and I pity you stuffy fucks who think this mode sucks.

My squad won our first game by standing on hay bales in the middle of an open field and watching teams fight in the distance like some civil war spectators.

Also blowing up passing cars with 4 S12Ks

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Tequila Sunrise summarized

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Party Plane Jones posted:

Security Theater

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Doesn't the game already force a game version check when you connect? Does that actually do anything?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Yeah, the double barrel will knock most people on the first shot if you shoot them in the face. The event still sucks, though.

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

Double barrel is the best. Double double-barrels is the bestest!

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

drunken officeparty posted:

This would be boss.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

flatluigi posted:

Doesn't the game already force a game version check when you connect? Does that actually do anything?

From what it sounds like the checksum is against the game files but not against the executable.

Astarath
Jun 23, 2008

Could I see a Hat Wobble?

also the only pants you can wear are buttless chaps

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

So what does this allow someone to do?

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

SalTheBard posted:

So what does this allow someone to do?

Develop cheats faster/easier, with fewer devs being banned while testing/debugging their cheats

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

I was just about to give you poo poo for wasting a painkiller.

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007
I dunno if this is just some really weird confirmation bias but I swear they're running rounds in the event with separate loot tables and it's random which kind of match you get placed into. Some rounds you can find all the normal attachments and some rounds you only see bullet loops, grips, and cheek pads. I've had 2-3 rounds today where I or my team mates were able to find optics, extended ar mags, chokes, etc... and then the rest of the rounds were ones with no usable attachments except for bullet loops for any of us. And the games with attachments weren't clustered around the same time of day. Anyone else?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Hypnolobster posted:

In case you were wondering, I won that match in spectacular fashion, killing the last 5 guys myself while my stupid teammate just sat around bleeding out.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/247577422

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

VulgarandStupid posted:

In case you were wondering, I won that match in spectacular fashion, killing the last 5 guys myself while my stupid teammate just sat around bleeding out.

I was performing psychological warfare by blowing kisses from across the battlefield, gently caress you

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Hypnolobster posted:

lol thanks for pointing that out I would have missed that otherwise

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

VulgarandStupid posted:

Even with shotguns they miss a zillion times

In the words of Owen Wilson: Wow!

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015

Arkangelus posted:

I dunno if this is just some really weird confirmation bias but I swear they're running rounds in the event with separate loot tables and it's random which kind of match you get placed into. Some rounds you can find all the normal attachments and some rounds you only see bullet loops, grips, and cheek pads. I've had 2-3 rounds today where I or my team mates were able to find optics, extended ar mags, chokes, etc... and then the rest of the rounds were ones with no usable attachments except for bullet loops for any of us. And the games with attachments weren't clustered around the same time of day. Anyone else?

I keep experiencing the same thing. I think Bluehole needs to rework their loot spawn mechanics to have less of the same stuff spawn in one place. There has to be a better way to make looting feel less aggravating, especially in locations that are not as popular as pecado or sosnovka.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

What you don't like getting tons of pistol and shotgun attachments but no shotguns?

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015

MF_James posted:

What you don't like getting tons of pistol and shotgun attachments but no shotguns?

Most games i just run around with no gun rather than wasting time on shotguns and pistols. (which is stupid, but gently caress rational thought)

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Rubberduke posted:

Most games i just run around with no gun rather than wasting time on shotguns and pistols. (which is stupid, but gently caress rational thought)

pistols are fine if you catch someone before they get body armor, shotguns are decent enough provided you're in close, I still prefer the uzi

Slim Mat
Oct 3, 2015
If I pick up a shotgun I'd rather blow my head off with it than try to kill someone else. It's a pity that isn't a function of the game, it would make bathroom camping way more interesting.

Lock yourself in the tub and when some poor soul opens the door spray your brains all over the wall.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

So, I've gotten to a point where I can drop crowded areas and come out on top like 80% of the time, the other 20% is when I either don't get a gun, or thanks to the loving lag for the first 20-30 seconds of being on the ground someone out loots a gun from under me.

Plx fix dumb start of game lag butthole.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

give everyone a revolver and 6 shots at the start of the game

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

What's with all the shotgun hate? Obviously I drop it as soon as I get anything else, but for the first 3 minutes of wildly running around they are fine.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I won an FPP solo game! My first solo win! :D

Then I noticed the latest update had pushed me back to AS. Took the wind out of my sails quite a bit (and explained a lot), but hey, better than nothing.

I'm legit terrible, so will probably be my only win. I went back and watched some of the replay and it was hilarious how bad all of us in the game were.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

What's with all the shotgun hate? Obviously I drop it as soon as I get anything else, but for the first 3 minutes of wildly running around they are fine.

They rely on the first shot being the only one, which with close range hit detection being...spotty, it can be a real mess.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

They are inconsistent.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The same shot may result in the game deciding that every pellet is a headshot or that you missed everything, and it's entirely out of your control.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
The new mode is really fun but you have to commit to the gimmick

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Tequila Sunrise is loving awesome

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Top tier Tequila Sunrise strat. In the final 10 find a dumpster in the circle.
Untouchable. Inescapable. A fortress and a tomb.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I just played a squad game where I found 4 suppressors (3 AR and 1 SMG) right at the start of the game and ofc I got one of those teammates who spends the whole time talking loudly over everyone and ignoring everyone else. I could not get him or his friends to take any of the suppressors so I just left 2 to rot while running double suppressed ARs. We died horribly of course as they opened fire on a complex from the middle of field with no cover. :c00l:

Phobeste posted:

The new mode is really fun but you have to commit to the gimmick

New mode owns because mad max playstyle is really viable all game.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I had a similar game where I found a bunch of AR suppressors but my team left because one of the dudes died and I was in the middle of a big fight and using two suppressed s12ks because I couldn't find any AR ammo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

I am pretty convinced that this event is having games with no chokes. Probably for testing purposes.

Has anyone else had games where there were just no chokes at all?