Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

John Cena on ID10T is a goddamn revelation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Not a podcast but in fact the most illustrious show on late night, he was good on Desus & Mero too.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

exploded mummy posted:

Stars like Roddy Piper.

He's all out of bubblegum! Was this not awesome? I don't recall, I've only seen PPVs from WCW then pretty much.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

John Cena on ID10T is a goddamn revelation.

I will check this out, thanks, also googling this is the first I've heard of Nerdist changing names. Some good Patrick Stewart ones over the years, he should've been involved in the business in some capacity.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Heavy Metal posted:

He's all out of bubblegum! Was this not awesome? I don't recall, I've only seen PPVs from WCW then pretty much.

*coughcoughricflairinsaneasylumcoughcough*

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

exploded mummy posted:

*coughcoughricflairinsaneasylumcoughcough*

Glorious, brushing up on that now via the youtube thank you!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
If you ever wanted to listen to 1:40+ of the Life and Times of the Ultimate Warrior, well here you go. Bodybuilding, Blade Runners, walk outs, hold ups, steroids, commercials, Warrior universities, contract disputes, drug testing, every bit that I could fit in up through 1997 is here.

https://twitter.com/mongo_ebooks/status/981748307822305280

We'll do WCW through his death hopefully by the end of the week. Sorry the audio is a little rougher than usual it was really hard to get the levels right as Hulkamatt's laugh was REALLY loud and everything else was really quiet.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Wait a drat minute. That battle royale only has 4 men and Virgil is one of those men wtf.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

He is the man to beat the man to be the man! :lol:

I honestly didn't believe it when they said he said that :)

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Just getting round to the retro show and god drat Craig talking about their friend :smith:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I kinda of want to at least see the alternate reality where Warrior goes to new Japan and does the Big Van Vader gimmick now

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I watched/listened to both Cena things yesterday and will highly recommend both

spoiler: John Cena does not give a poo poo if you can hear him call spots

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Jerusalem posted:

Holy poo poo, Vinny loses his goddamn mind reviewing Nitro on the latest B&V Show and it's loving amazing.

Not to mention Buffer apparently introduced Goldberg as "The cult hero known for his two moves: The Power Spear and the Inverted Lift and Slam turned into a Pin!"

This is so good

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Was Melanie Pillman the one who was basically the Nancy to Brian's Sid?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

If you ever wanted to listen to 1:40+ of the Life and Times of the Ultimate Warrior, well here you go. Bodybuilding, Blade Runners, walk outs, hold ups, steroids, commercials, Warrior universities, contract disputes, drug testing, every bit that I could fit in up through 1997 is here.
Do a PM Entertainment podcast.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny8xNo31T5s

e: Mean Gene w/ Dan Le Batard is a fun listen.

UltimoDragonQuest fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Apr 5, 2018

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Mob posted:

I've never been bothered by audible spot calling, even when I was a kid I just assumed it was them announcing their moves as they do them like is typical in Japanese shows.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Mob posted:

I listened to the id10t podcast, that was a good interview for sure, especially since he just let Cena talk. What's the other thing?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ChrisBTY posted:

Was Melanie Pillman the one who was basically the Nancy to Brian's Sid?

She was definitely a self destructive person. Anyone looking at Brian Jr's personality needs to do it through the lens of him growing up with the worst mother and step father imaginable.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Heavy Metal posted:

I listened to the id10t podcast, that was a good interview for sure, especially since he just let Cena talk. What's the other thing?

He was on Desus and Mero, it's up on their YouTube now.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Draxion posted:

He was on Desus and Mero, it's up on their YouTube now.

Cool thanks, will watch.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Mob posted:

His appearance on id10t was great. Even his reasoning for calling spots the way he does made sense, even though I think he could still do it quieter. It was just a great chat and he seemed super into it (Though as he admitted, the WWE doesn't really let him do stuff like that).

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

She was definitely a self destructive person. Anyone looking at Brian Jr's personality needs to do it through the lens of him growing up with the worst mother and step father imaginable.

And now Brian Jr is tagging with Teddy Goddamned Hart, that ain't going to help

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

to pick and choose when to have perspective on the backgrounds of awful humans is a stanky game indeed.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/roheblius/status/982100278114766848

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Next weeks Observer is going to be super delayed and WWE probably will not be the lead story during Wrestlemania week thanks to Conor going crazy. Gonna be a hell of an issue

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Has there been a observer radio about this yet?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

algebra testes posted:

Has there been a observer radio about this yet?

nope

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dave not in a full suit for Walemania? :smith:

Edit: Also I know it gets said a lot, but I still can't believe Vincent Adultman has convinced everybody he's a 40 year old former professional wrestler.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Vincent stepping up his game with the painted on stubble :3:

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://twitter.com/TheMagnumDA/status/982128651763236864

Looks like a must-listen

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

New Observer Radio about The Chaos of Conor is up :hellyeah:

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
It's a good episode, Dave is really excited and high energy.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Wrestlemania Dave is always wired af, it owns

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dave no-selling his merch, haha

St Evan Echoes posted:

Wrestlemania Dave is always wired af, it owns

Was it a Wrestlemania weekend where he and Bryan were doing a show at like 3 in the morning and Dave suddenly just cheerfully goes,"Hold up, somebody's breaking into my house!" and then there's like 2-3 minutes of shuffling and mumbling and laughing and then he comes back and goes,"It's cool, my brother just let himself into the house" and then has to explain to his brother he's actually in the middle of a show? :allears:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Warrior episode is v good MRT/HM

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

St Evan Echoes posted:

Warrior episode is v good MRT/HM

Thank you, Part 2 is up now.

https://twitter.com/mongo_ebooks/status/982271514430005249

Serious trigger warning, I quote a lot of his hate speech verbatim. There's no blatant "slurs" but he goes way, way beyond dog whistles. It's awful hateful stuff and I get really angry.

The link to part 1: https://www.spreaker.com/episode/14462645

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Night-time, all around

Jerusalem posted:

Dave no-selling his merch, haha

Was it a Wrestlemania weekend where he and Bryan were doing a show at like 3 in the morning and Dave suddenly just cheerfully goes,"Hold up, somebody's breaking into my house!" and then there's like 2-3 minutes of shuffling and mumbling and laughing and then he comes back and goes,"It's cool, my brother just let himself into the house" and then has to explain to his brother he's actually in the middle of a show? :allears:

This was WM31 weekend when Bryan was at Dave's house and it was glorious :allears:

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

The answer is: "We have to accept that wrestling is full of the worst people on the planet. If we weren't capable of separating ourselves from it we couldn't be wrestling fans."
(Not that I'm buying poo poo from them mind you)

Edit: Warrior died a few months too soon. Watching him drag the WWE to publicity hell the first time somebody put a mic in front of his face in an ambassadorial role would have been lovely.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Apr 6, 2018

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Real quick, was it ever floated that Warrior team with Sting in WCW against the nWo? I know Warrior and Sting didn't much like each other. But I feel like it wouldn't have stopped WCW, plus on paper, something like

Hogan/Savage vs Warrior/Sting

could pop a significant buyrate (in theory).

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Started listening to Wrestlesplainia thanks to the recommendations in the thread, so cheers for that, it's great.

In the same vein, I also listen to Wrestle Me, which is sort of the same gimmick, but is about the individual Wrestlemanias. Couple of Brits, one dude has seen them all, the other none.

https://radiostakhanov.com/wrestleme/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Night-time, all around

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Real quick, was it ever floated that Warrior team with Sting in WCW against the nWo? I know Warrior and Sting didn't much like each other. But I feel like it wouldn't have stopped WCW, plus on paper, something like

Hogan/Savage vs Warrior/Sting

could pop a significant buyrate (in theory).

There was that time where Sting/Warrior teamed against Hogan/Bret

It sucked though