Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
wow ive released a full browser game for my webcomic, a visual novel/dating sim with crafting and shogi. check it out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
a good april foolery over at a ghost story today

e: wow, beaten to the punch by seconds :v

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Apr 2, 2018

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

You missed some easy clicks by not calling it Ghosty Ghosty Literature Club.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

You missed some easy clicks by not calling it Ghosty Ghosty Literature Club.

almost went with ouran highschool ghost club but i thought it was too on the nose

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh hey brainchild started updating again at some point, i kinda figured it had died the hiatus death

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Tollymain posted:

oh hey brainchild started updating again at some point, i kinda figured it had died the hiatus death

Well I'm happy to hear that. It's kind of died and come back a couple of time now so I've kind of given up on waiting on it, which is sad because I really liked it.

In related news, it looks like The Zombie Hunters has also died again after a brief flash of activity late last year and early this year.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Woman's World is over...for now???

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Woah... poppy.

I can't tell if petunia is just serious or poppy is literally moving too fast for her face to react

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Stormgale posted:

Woah... poppy.

I can't tell if petunia is just serious or poppy is literally moving too fast for her face to react

it's the latter, her eyes are still focused on the boulder she was punching and not on the incoming hand

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if at first you dont succeed, do the same thing you did before but harder

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
When all you have are is a hammer...

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
What's with that robot in the top left panel? Is that the possum god? Is petunia having a flashback or precog event?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

What's with that robot in the top left panel? Is that the possum god? Is petunia having a flashback or precog event?
My best guess is that she's reflecting an aspect of this so-called "iron matron".

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
today's questionable content is actually legitimately pretty good

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Nice try MSPA avatar haver!

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
homestuck... is good

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
whoa petunia

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
am i parsing it correctly that tuna is reflexively punching herself in the face to avoid getting hit by poppy? cause that's pretty funny and maybe breaks the conditions of her curse? also woah, poppy.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

thatbastardken posted:

am i parsing it correctly that tuna is reflexively punching herself in the face to avoid getting hit by poppy? cause that's pretty funny and maybe breaks the conditions of her curse? also woah, poppy.

I think she used her fast hands to shove-dodge her head away from the punch but since aforementioned punch is CRACK THE EARTH class, Tuna expected a simple efficient evasion and instead got bodily blown sideways from the shockwave, potentially neck first.

Woah Poppy

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i dont think she was blown away by poppys bullshit strength shockwave, she was already sent flying before that happened. also thats gonna fuckin hurt in the morning, hope she knows a good masseuse

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
there's nothing about the latest scary go round that i can really point to and say "this is worth posting about in the webcomics thread" but also i really like the latest scary go round

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Tollymain posted:

i dont think she was blown away by poppys bullshit strength shockwave, she was already sent flying before that happened. also thats gonna fuckin hurt in the morning, hope she knows a good masseuse

Yeah, in the third panel it looks like her other arm is reaching around before she flies off. It makes me think the basically flung herself away from the shockwave. The point still stands that she basically manhandled herself in order to get away and that is going to smart.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
here lemme just throw myself by the face

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Tollymain posted:

there's nothing about the latest scary go round that i can really point to and say "this is worth posting about in the webcomics thread" but also i really like the latest scary go round

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Tollymain posted:

Good to see that Romesh is still gainfully employed at Amy's.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Tollymain posted:

:agreed:

Also glad to see Mrs. Sengupta had embraced the truth that Shauna Wickle is awesome.

The latest Giant Days just came out and was good, in SGR-related news. I actually liked the bait-and-switch that Daisy's granny was perfectly fine with her sexuality, but was upset that Daisy concealed it from her.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I might be the only person here who gives a poo poo about prequel but I've been enjoying the last few updates, now that he's updating again.

Tollymain posted:

I really adore the new cast, they're all adorable.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
kazerad is kind of unwelcome hereabouts because he sucks as a person lmao

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I'm pleasantly surprised that Prequel is updating pretty regularly atm, but Katia really needs to escape that box at some point.

We could always unlock the Prequel thread, now that there's content again.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Oh my god. :allears:

Also, Zebus' dad is a good dad. :3:

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Yvonmukluk posted:

Zebus' dad is a good dad. :3:

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Yvonmukluk posted:

This is probably why we'll never leave Tackleford. Our hearts will always still be there.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Yvonmukluk posted:

I hope Allison never explains the origin of Zebus' family, and they just remain these high fantasy goofballs hanging out in Tackleford, because why wouldn't they?

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

Unlucky7 posted:

Yeah, in the third panel it looks like her other arm is reaching around before she flies off. It makes me think the basically flung herself away from the shockwave. The point still stands that she basically manhandled herself in order to get away and that is going to smart.

If you've never seen the slow motion camera videos of someone getting punched in the face, I'd highly recommend it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On1CsbTwlDs

Here's a soccer ball to the face but it's the same principle. Skip to 3:25

But yeah, basically the top two panels look like they're supposed to be in full bullet time and she applied relatively small pressure to her head to get out of the way of the punch. Better to sprain her neck than have her entire head crushed like tiny egg. If anything her face should be deformed even more in the top right panel, not just her cheek. But it gets the job done.

Also Poppy just sent a LOT of debris possibly flying towards eggton.

8-24, that bottom left panel looks kinda stiff. There's no real change in position from the long panel above it. Her arms just kinda change position and extend and that's no kickback. Like physics were turned off for a second. That could have been done better.

Focacciasaurus_Rex fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Apr 6, 2018

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

howe_sam posted:

I hope Allison never explains the origin of Zebus' family, and they just remain these high fantasy goofballs hanging out in Tackleford, because why wouldn't they?

They arrived at the culmination of a gruelling quest, in an event that will go down in Tackleford history as "that time with the wizard. No, the other one. This one had a beard. You remember? Same week as the wasp thing."

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Let me see if I can find the part in the thread where Kazerad showed up because he got eviscerated and it was beautiful. :allears:

Edit: Found it! If the link doesn't work, it's way back on page 4.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Apr 6, 2018

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
say what you will about whatever kazerad's comic is called, i think the video game adaptation turned out better than homestuck's

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Do we mean Oblivion or the garbage fire of a flash game he made as his grand return from a two year hiatus?

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Apr 7, 2018

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

PMush Perfect posted:

Do we mean Oblivion or the garbage fire of a flash game he made as his grand return from a two year hiatus?

i hadn't heard of the flash game...how many millions of crowdfunding dollars did it cost to make?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazerad
Aug 1, 2011

Unshamed by Koos

PMush Perfect posted:

Let me see if I can find the part in the thread where Kazerad showed up because he got eviscerated and it was beautiful. :allears:

I'm here all the time! This thread is what reminds me of webcomics I used to read five years ago, and then tells me that they've been spontaneously canceled with at best one page of conclusion.