Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
needless to say I beat it immediately after posting that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

theshim posted:

needless to say I beat it immediately after posting that

New thread title?

theshim
May 1, 2012

I'm getting to the point that I really ought to be using Chain Killer strats more. I dropped a Black Mist Chain Killer turn on the Undead King at 25% health and killed him with chains to go, and that's without maxing any of the relevant skills and passives.

My only "defense" is not getting hit, but it's remarkable how effective the evasion strats actually are.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
EO5's on sale for $24, down from $40, on the US eShop.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

That's a loving steal and if you're reading this thread but somehow don't have this yet then you'd be nuts not to jump on this

theshim
May 1, 2012

gently caress hypno bats

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape

theshim posted:

I'm getting to the point that I really ought to be using Chain Killer strats more. I dropped a Black Mist Chain Killer turn on the Undead King at 25% health and killed him with chains to go, and that's without maxing any of the relevant skills and passives.

My only "defense" is not getting hit, but it's remarkable how effective the evasion strats actually are.

All you need to do to win is just don't get hit.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I kinda want to share my Guild Card, but I'm still on Floor 8 in EO5 because I haven't played in months.

Are we still doing that or has that time passed? :smith:

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

I'm slowly working my way through Etrian Untold and I just got to the third stratum and it is so, so ugly. I like the idea of it, but the shades of blue they picked makes it look I have some kind of detective vision permanently on. The second stratum's jungle actually looked pretty cool, despite the low res graphics it felt nice and jungley. This one actually hurts my eyes a little.

theshim
May 1, 2012

loving gently caress fencers suck against the crystal dragon

suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

how did you even reach that part?

theshim
May 1, 2012

OgretailFood posted:

how did you even reach that part?
painfully

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
New EO is announced in 3 days: http://sq-atlus.jp/sqx/

Stream link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSA2RPkjV9Y

Handgun Phonics
Jan 7, 2012

Dammit, of all the times to be on travel.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Another Etrian Odyssey for the 3DS??? Hell yeah!

Not too surprising, it has been nearly 2 years since V came out in Japan. Does EMD2 have a release date?

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

I kinda hope it's EOU3

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

Tir McDohl posted:

I kinda hope it's EOU3

It's not. They already confirmed it.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
and another 2 years before it comes out

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Good, I don't really care for the Untolds. I'd rather just play the original games, I don't want to play as prefab story characters. Which, I know you don't have to, but you can't get 100% completion without playing as them.

it's etrian mystery dungeon 3 :unsmigghh:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
etrian odyssey 6 with simultaneous worldwide release, a new artist who doesn't have a disturbing lolicon fetish, and all the best classes: fencer, landsknecht, hoplite, gunner, who gives a gently caress about the rest

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Jimmy Hats posted:

etrian odyssey 6 with simultaneous worldwide release, a new artist who doesn't have a disturbing lolicon fetish, and all the best classes: fencer, landsknecht, hoplite, gunner, who gives a gently caress about the rest

:yeah:

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
Is there a way to just beat a fetish out of somebody because that dude's art is kinda synonymous with EO and all the art in EO5 that isn't sex hobbits is really good

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Count Uvula posted:

Is there a way to just beat a fetish out of somebody because that dude's art is kinda synonymous with EO and all the art in EO5 that isn't sex hobbits is really good
:agreed:

I really like the dude's art style but for the love of god give me female characters with actual clothing and armor.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
All the Hoplites in EO3 had really good portraits!

The bad portraits in the series, were really bad though. Also I've seen some translations of his comments in the EO5 artbook and uhhh, yeah, they were real skeevy.

Also dude is still on for EO:FES. Though he said he might be using an entirely different artstyle for it.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

:agreed:

I really like the dude's art style but for the love of god give me female characters with actual clothing and armor.

I still have trouble believing that the same game contains both Dragoon 2 and Necromancer 2. :(

theshim
May 1, 2012

fifth stratum...go??

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I like the artist, I think he's good.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Some of the character designs are highly questionable but I feel like Himukai does a lot more good designs than bad ones.

Grand Gigas
Jul 2, 2006

True heroes always show up late.
The difference between the dude and lady Yggdroids is the best example of that dude’s weird fetish, imo.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

BattleMaster posted:

Some of the character designs are highly questionable but I feel like Himukai does a lot more good designs than bad ones.

Yeah but the bad designs are still in the game and you almost always have to scroll past them to get to the good ones. Also there's always That One NPC

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Although if the artist wasn't such a perv we would never have gotten to see Fencer's panties so maybe it's good after all

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Dammit

Wiffle
Jan 5, 2014

Dr. Fetus posted:

The bad portraits in the series, were really bad though. Also I've seen some translations of his comments in the EO5 artbook and uhhh, yeah, they were real skeevy.

Uh, can you elaborate on this.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Grand Gigas posted:

The difference between the dude and lady Yggdroids is the best example of that dude’s weird fetish, imo.

Yggdroid isn't so bad, despite clearly being a megane thing.

Now the loli dancer in EO4...

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
Just try to only remember the cool ones, like Dragoon in 5. That one is sweet!

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
Just got to the fourth labyrinth in EO4 and I love how many hits my team can get in during my big damage turns. My current party is a Linkskneckt, Chase Dancer, Protector, Sniper and Arcanist, so once I get to the real big turns it just is constant follow ups to every attack done, and then if leg bind or paralysis is on the enemy then Squall Volley is in there as well. Alongside all of that I am just hitting level 40 now so I am about to boost all this stuff even further thanks to the skills getting unlocked. Oh, also poison circle is easily one of the best ways to clear out random encounters.

What I am getting at is that EO4 is a real fun game and I can't wait to experiment with some more party setups when I get the Imperialist.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Man, EO4 felt so good to play, in a way I feel the series hasn't quite gotten back up to with either Untold or EO5.

It also has the worst overall portraits, and a couple standouts for Actual Worst Portraits (nightseeker). My favorite female portraits in the series are still probably the Hoplite and Dragoon ones, because they look like the class should feel - badass, heavily armored warriors.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
EO4 girl landies rule you foolish man

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Jimmy Hats posted:

EO4 girl landies rule you foolish man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
After EO3's selection of diverse portraits, I was disappointed with how boring EO4's portraits were overall. At least EO5 gave us some fun ones again.